Shoutbox

Suggestions needed!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Suggestions needed!! (/showthread.php?tid=10482)

Suggestions needed!! by Patchou on 05-16-2003 at 06:36 PM

Hello everyone,

as the latest version of Messenger Plus! seems to run smoothly for most people, I'm taking a break (I'm sure you noticed). However, "taking a break" also means "getting bored" after a week so I'm planning to start working on Plus! 2.20 soon. My goal for this version is:

• Completely redesign the Contact Manager
  • Reorganize the Preferences
  • Add some options to the existing features to make them more customizable
In order to achieve all this, I need your input. Please tell me what features you think should be improved and how it could be improved. Don't submit new features such as "signon offline" or "detect when people blocked me" because I won't do it. Messenger Plus! is enjoyed by millions of people and now is the time to add more customization, more advanced options, ...

I'm looking forward to see your suggestions. If you suggested something in the past weeks and I replied "good idea", please, repost again in this thread to be sure I didn't forgot about it :).

Thank you for your assistance. Also, I remind you that if your language is not currently part of Messenger Plus! distribution, you can find the instructions to add it in the Translation section of this forum (same thing if you want to fix errors you found).

Patchou
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Chrono on 05-16-2003 at 07:08 PM

Yay ! 2.20 :drool:

* Chrono remembers he Forum's easter egg thingy, U should work on that :P

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Patchou on 05-16-2003 at 07:09 PM

Chronor: arent you the one who was supposed to do it? :)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Chrono on 05-16-2003 at 07:41 PM

Blah, not the one at the Msgplus program itself :P

* Chrono looks at GFD :grin:

RE: Suggestions needed!! by sock on 05-16-2003 at 09:39 PM

Well...............................

1. Log Viewer? :D

2. A complete RTL version with mirrored dialogs! :P Okay maybe not. :-/

3. As Will mentioned, POP3 mail notifications. (Y)

5. Maybe an option to not play sounds for Sound Commands while Winamp is playing a song or something? :-/

6. More spacing before and after Action messages and AutoAway messages. Also, it would be nice if you added an asterisk "*" before Action messages. :)

7. Don't send the "User is typing" notification, if the first character typed in the message editbox is a slash "/" (to prevent useless network traffic :P).

8. A "ping" feature to detect lags. I'll elaborate:

When the user types /ping, Client A sends something like:

SOME_SPECIAL_CHAR  PING  SECONDS_SINCE_JAN_1970

The special character is used to identify the message as a PING request.... like with colors or any other feature of Plus! that requires compatibility. The number of seconds passed since midnight of January 1st 1970, is used for calculating the time passed since Client A sent the PING request, and until it recieved a PONG, or a "PING reply", from Client B. This is the best method of lag calculations, as it conveniently prevents mixing up of a few PING requests.

When Client B receives this message (Client B must not reply to more than a few PING requests in a certain number of seconds, to prevent flooding!), it sends back something like this:

SOME_SPECIAL_CHAR  PONG  SAME_NUMBER_AS_RECEIVED

The special character could be the same one as in the PING request. The number Client B sends in the reply must be the same number as received from Client A, so it could make a correct lag calculation.

I find this a very useful feature, and quite easy to implement.......
The problem is the compatibility with version 2.10 and older.............. :-/

.............and that's all. :P

RE: Suggestions needed!! by musicalmidget on 05-16-2003 at 09:44 PM

Perhaps something similar to the (!WAT) command for Windows Media Player.  I use WMP alot more than WinAmp. :p

RE: Suggestions needed!! by D:Frag on 05-16-2003 at 10:06 PM

1. A popup that reminds users how to get out of Boss Protection and Personalised Away.

2. The log viewer and encrypted logs, pop3 popups, the action messages suggestion from sock, and about the "User is typing..." notification I find it useful, so I know when the other person is writing and I can wait to see what he writes...

Last, but not least... EASTER EGGS (some pictures maybe... Patchou Spears :refuck: )  sorry for the shouting...

This are my first suggestions... gonna add some later with time :)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by sock on 05-16-2003 at 10:15 PM

Note that I didn't suggest to stop sending "User is typing" notifications completely; but when the Contact types a slash "/" in the beginning of their message, they might not be writing a message for you (maybe they're typing "/appearoffline" or something like that) - so you might be waiting for nothing....... and I don't like that possibility. :-/

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Dane on 05-16-2003 at 10:51 PM

Hmm....I Will Input what I think here.

1. (As Mentioned Above) A Log Viewer
2. (Also Mentioned Above) POP3 Notifications
3. MSN Messenger 6.0 Support (This Needs to be done anywayz, so why not for version 2.20)
4. Unlimited # of Shared Files (Depending on How many are in the registry entry)
5. Messenger Plus! Setup Enhancment: Repair Installation While Preserving Settings
6. Activate Update Feature
7. Self-Triggered Updating (For users who like to get updates right when they come out :gfdrin:)
8. News With In Program (Heh, I dont know C++ but I do know how to do this with VB :P)
9. New Smilies that ONLY users running Plus! Will Detect (I Have been told that this is a feature that a lot of people have requested)
10. Advanced Preferances for Sound Commands (Like, Disabling Certain Ones, For those who get offended by one of them :P)

Thats all I have for now!  Keep up the good work patchou!

RE: Suggestions needed!! by pablotossi on 05-16-2003 at 10:57 PM

sorry, my english is very bad, but i want to cooperate:

-all listed above, and,

-remote control (trojan??)
-auto update for futures versions
-mass messages (welcome or bye)
-nickname stuff or...
-integration with NickExp and others
-..............others

thank you for your work !!!!

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Fraisie on 05-16-2003 at 10:59 PM

How about a /fraisie ? :P

:refuck:

RE: Suggestions needed!! by pablotossi on 05-16-2003 at 11:02 PM

yesssssssssssssssssss
i want see your picture, like patchou!!!!!!!!
bye

RE: Suggestions needed!! by sock on 05-16-2003 at 11:21 PM

Okay, here's some other stuff I'd like to see...... the other people here reminded me of these:

1. A "Check for Updates" button would be nice..... (Y)
2. HTML or Rich Text (for WordPad or Word) logs would be neat (with the original text formatting, a real Messenger Conversation look, specific message right alignment and all the Emoticons of course :P)...... This could replace the Log Viewer maybe.... :P
3. A color chooser that allows changing the font color to any 24-BIT color, without closing all Conversation windows first.
4. Improve the way Plus! gets the Winamp song title, add a tag for BIT rate, sample rate and song length, and a "Send Current Winamp Song" option in the "Share" menu.
5. An option to see the last few logged lines when a Conversation window opens. These lines should be colored gray, to avoid confusion with new messages.

Oh and BTW, about the pictures................

[Image: fraisie-patchou.gif]

[center]:refuck:[/center]

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Jeronimo on 05-17-2003 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
  • Completely redesign the Contact Manager

1) I suggested a kind of reverse answerphone whereby a message is stored locally until a certain contact comes online, whereby it is delivered. Does mean my machine would have to be connected of course.

2) Also a popup notice for status changes/name changes etc. Essentially pretty much the contents of the event log but it has popups too. Really great for me to see when a contact has got back to his/her machine. The option to turn this off too.

3) Not sure if at one time scripting was suggested? I think of it like the message rules in Outlook. When [Event A] occurs, trigger [Option B] etc etc. Essentially a combination of the events and the commands. No entirely dissimilar from point number 1)

4) Personalised automessage? Maybe part of the contact manager redevelopment?

5) Maybe some kind of message all command?
  e.g. /all Off for dinner. See you later.
Handy to tell 6 people in one stroke rather than copy/paste etc

6) And finally, and one I'd really like to see. The option to NOT change status when locking or going to boss mode. Sometimes I am set to BRB and don't want to change to away (or whatever).

I am really looking forward to v2.20. The thought of MSN6+Plus is very tempting :drool:
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Chrono on 05-17-2003 at 12:26 AM

If U review this forum U can find interesting threads about Plus! and Scripting :wink:

RE: Suggestions needed!! by adrian_ng85 on 05-17-2003 at 01:05 AM

Hi!
Well, im just requesting a teeny wee thing.
Well, maybe its already been requested.
But i hope Log files will have the choice of being saved as word
documents.
Cos its kinda bored opening up the notepad and starting at the black color...
whereas if logs are stored using microsoft word documents.
then re-reading back past convos with ppl might be more enjoyable.
just like the real thing. with colors and all! =)

Thanks!

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Dane on 05-17-2003 at 01:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adrian_ng85
I hope Log files will have the choice of being saved as word
documents.

Not Everyone Owns Microsoft Word....Therefore this automatically becomes 'x' I think.
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Mnjul on 05-17-2003 at 01:39 AM

I'll update my list everytime i find something practiable;)

1. Automatically away-message after period of time of inactivity  -Added
2. Predefined away-message for special mode such as Boss Protection, Instant Lock  -Added
3. Make Contact Manager group-compatible.  -Still no
4. Function that allow users to save their preferences  -Still no
5. Sorting feature in Event Log Window, and again, devide the user nickname and his/her email address into two column, instead of single "User" column.  -Still no
6. Make Contact Sound group-compatible, as well as customize sound for the whole group.  -Added
7. HTML-ized or RTF-ized logs(Fancy;)-MSN Messenger 6 does it...
8. Log viewer(Ginge's is perfect now)  -MSN Messenger 6 has its own...
9. Built-in permenent color chooser (that writes Messenger's registry). Why I need to intergrate the function is I can't stand changing color everytime I change my font.  -Still no
10. Full, from a to z list of /IRC commands  -Added to the website
11. Tooltips on controls  -Only in personalised status text box
12. Change the status bar text while selecting in IM Window Plus menu(I don't know if it's practible)  -it's impossible in MSN Messenger 6, I believe

[edit]
13. Compatibility with MSN Messenger 6.0 Final :gfdrin:  -Added, :bow: Patchou!
[/edit]

RE: Suggestions needed!! by andyl56 on 05-17-2003 at 02:20 AM

A lot of these ideas seem great!

I personally would like to see microsoft agent integration (text2speech)

i would also like to see a problem fixed. I should put it in bug reports but BAH!

Well, /noicon doesnt work with (!VER). Simple as those things.

Great work patchou! I have your banner displaying on langland2.com, pahacks.com, and we-are-webmasters.com for your great program.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Chrono on 05-17-2003 at 02:26 AM

I asked U this one some time ago...

The option to add a diferent nickname to be displayed while using an action message.

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Mnjul on 05-17-2003 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andyl56

Well, /noicon doesnt work with (!VER). Simple as those things.

you should use /text instead of /noicon concerning to tags.
RE: Suggestions needed!! by tomfletcherman on 05-17-2003 at 08:23 AM

i tihnk:

1) chat log viewer
2)a separate file format 2 save chats in, then u can only open them within plus, nd u can passwrd them 2 stop ppl from peeking

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Sky on 05-17-2003 at 08:36 AM

A log viewer would be so damned great.. [Image: drool.gif]

RE: Suggestions needed!! by segosa on 05-17-2003 at 01:13 PM

1. Control + S will make your text Strikeout!
2. Custom name for /me command! I asked u this a while ago and you said that you didnt have time for it
3. Maximise Contact list manager
4. "Block & Delete" Button on contact list manager
5. (!WAT) updating itself if it's in your name
6. A log viewer in its original format, as if you're reading the convo you just had, but its one from 3 months ago.
7. When opening a convo window, it will already have the last 10 lines you said when speaking to the person (taken from log files) , like trillian, for example u open a convo and its like this

Segosa says:
msg1
Other person says:
msg2
Segosa says:
msg3

etc going on for the last 10 lines...

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by nus on 05-17-2003 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
I asked U this one some time ago...

The option to add a diferent nickname to be displayed while using an action message.

and all the suggestions of Sock and Mnjul
I prefer html
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by segosa on 05-17-2003 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SMG
(!UPTIME) or /uptime

Oooooooh brilliant idea! i never thought about that! that would be pretty simple to implement, and useful (Y) great idea, i think (!UTIME) is a better tag coz u can use it in a quick text unlike /uptime
RE: Suggestions needed!! by mig on 05-17-2003 at 05:04 PM

TABBED IMs.... I haven't seen this around, and I love DeadAIM for the Tabbed IMs inside AIM. Now I just need Tabbed IMs in MSN and I'll live in a Tabbed world! I even wrote a tab plug-in for my text editor! Tabs 4 life!!! :p

- Mig

RE: Suggestions needed!! by billywoods1 on 05-17-2003 at 05:12 PM

One feature I've always wanted to see, but it's probably not possible... I'd love to see my contacts arranged in the order: online, busy/away/brb/(status), offline instead of having to sift through the 20 or so people who are busy/away to see who's online.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by bach_m on 05-17-2003 at 06:11 PM

whats (!UPTIME) do?

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by pablotossi on 05-17-2003 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
love to see my contacts arranged in the order: online, busy/away/brb/(status), offline instead of having to sift through the 20 or so people who are busy/away to see who's online.

wowwwwwwwwww excelent idea!!!!!!!!
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Josep M. on 05-17-2003 at 06:43 PM

On Event Log Window, when you double clic on an event, a little window with Details (Event Viewer - Details) opens.
On that window, a browse option that can forward and reverse the events for this user. All the events associates with that user will be displayed...

Josep M.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by BooGhost on 05-17-2003 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo

2) Also a popup notice for status changes/name changes etc. Essentially pretty much the contents of the event log but it has popups too. Really great for me to see when a contact has got back to his/her machine. The option to turn this off too.

Excellent idea! check this thread...
RE: Suggestions needed!! by dom. on 05-17-2003 at 09:16 PM

Just a quick browse through all that, and i thougt that BetterName should be added somewhere, like in the preferences.. :)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Outrage_Display on 05-18-2003 at 12:32 AM

Besides others that have already been mentioned, I have a couple...

1. Ability to rename contacts (I know its been mentioned elsewhere, but I am unsure of its possability)

2. Random Name Generator (Have a 'bank' of names and have them inserted into your nick at set intervals)

3. Better (!WAP) info ("I am currently listening to...", Bit Rate, id3 info...)

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Mnjul on 05-18-2003 at 12:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Outrage_Display
Besides others that have already been mentioned, I have a couple...

1. Ability to rename contacts (I know its been mentioned elsewhere, but I am unsure of its possability)

no:)

oh yeah and as for some functions mentioned above, Ginge already made it in BetterMSN http://www.hotmailstuff.com
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Dandin1 on 05-18-2003 at 01:55 AM

quote:
I personally would like to see microsoft agent integration (text2speech)

MS agents are a great idea, but I don't know about having a big green parrot flying around my screen...  Mabey only have the TTS/T2S engine...
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-18-2003 at 02:03 AM

Just my support for some previously mentioned suggestions:

-Ctrl+S for strikeout
-Log viewer or RTF/HTML logging
-integrated permanent color changer (not thaaaaaaat important)
-the recent history when opening an im window as in trillian
-(!UPTIME)
-Add notification windows to event logger and to pop checking (i think some programmers who did this would like to help here)
-Quick Sounds panel (such as the quick smilies)
-Divide (!WAT) into smaller tags ( (!W-TITLE), (!W-LENGTH), (!W-PLAYED), etc.)
-Maybe add the possibility to assign a (global) sound to play when anybody logs off? (trillian has this)

and if i think of something else i'll add it :)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Carlito on 05-18-2003 at 03:23 AM

Ok, i have a few suggestions for the event log window

1) When a user has been idle or away and returns, the logged message is "Contact is now online". This gives you the impression when reading the log that they have just signed in, not just returned from away/idle status. I think it would be good if instead it said "Contact status has been changed to online" or "Contact has returned from idle status"

2) Also i think you should add to that window the option to show when people open and close a chat window to you. i have seen this in similar programs before.

RE: RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by segosa on 05-18-2003 at 06:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SMG
quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
whats (!UPTIME) do?

like in mIRC, it displays how long your computer has been on for:

eg)

you type "(!uptime)"

and "(!uptime)" gets replaced with something simular to "Windows XP up 1wk 1hr 56mins 29secs", depending on how long you've computer's been on for

(and yes, that's my actual uptime :p)

Ur uptime sucks;), this is mine:

14 days, 13 hours, 8 minutes, 35 seconds

:) ;)
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Patchou on 05-18-2003 at 04:16 PM

Thank you all for posting... please continue. Just to be clear: no, there won't be scripting and the reason is still the same: security.

As for UpTime, it's not a bad idea but it should display the time you sice you launched Messenger.... your contacts dont really care about how much time your Windows has been up I think...

RE: Suggestions needed!! by sock on 05-18-2003 at 04:31 PM

Maybe display both..... ;) And maybe other uptimes as well...... Like the time passed since Messenger signed into the .NET Messenger Service......

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Spiderman_can on 05-18-2003 at 04:51 PM

Hey, a few sugestions...mostly relating to sounds on msn plus

I have spoken with a few people and it is unanimous...a sound of Mr. Burns saying "Excellent" would be wanted by all..

also I personally would like to see some way to "Share" music.
I understand that is an option already, sending a music file to somebody for them to download.. and that is not what i mean.
What i mean is that the music is played through MSN by one person and the other person of that chat in which the music file is playing in can also hear...
ex.
Im talking to Jenny in convo 1
Im talking to John in convo 2
With msn extension, i play a music file in convo1
Jenny can hear the music at her computer.
John can not hear the music at his computer.

would really like to see that happen, think it would be cool

RE: Suggestions needed!! by cow2 on 05-18-2003 at 05:26 PM

Any chance we could have more then 150 contacts or RSS feed things with Messenger+?

That would be really cool.

Offline Messaging by Addo on 05-18-2003 at 05:45 PM

I think a workaround for offline messaging would be real neat.
I believe it could work like this:

Write up a message in the offline messaging box (that needs to be invented ofcourse :refuck:), and specify the recipient of the message.
Then when the intended recepient comes online, regardless of whether u are online or away, the message would be delivered to the recipient saying the message, who it was from and prolly a timestamp.
And then u wud get a return receipt as well.

Alternatively, you could send your message to a bot, who would then pass on the message to ur intended recipient when he/she comes online. This way u dont even have to have ur MSN logged on to the .NEt service to implement the idea.

I really want this feature integrated :gfdrin:

RE: Suggestions needed!! by dom. on 05-18-2003 at 07:51 PM

woah, a bot with a phat b/w, memory/ space etc

RE: Offline Messaging by andyl56 on 05-18-2003 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Addo

Write up a message in the offline messaging box (that needs to be invented ofcourse :refuck:), and specify the recipient of the message.
Then when the intended recepient comes online, regardless of whether u are online or away, the message would be delivered to the recipient saying the message, who it was from and prolly a timestamp.

Alternatively, you could send your message to a bot, who would then pass on the message to ur intended recipient when he/she comes online. This way u dont even have to have ur MSN logged on to the .NEt service to implement the idea.

Who would be willing to host such a thing?
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Dadoef on 05-18-2003 at 08:50 PM

Maybe a tabbed chat like dMSN. Pretty nifty and sometimes handy.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by BooGhost on 05-18-2003 at 09:24 PM

1.-Pop ups for the events....
2.-Option of renaming contacts in the contact manager and a comand to call for the name you've put like (!RN)... so you can make quick texts saying: "/sbye bye (!RN) see ya later"

Question... by zappy004 on 05-19-2003 at 01:12 AM

Just a question...
What are you gonna do for MSN messenger 6 that will release the 17th of July??

Will it be compatible??

Thanks, you're great

Jonathan

RE: Suggestions needed!! by thedarktempler on 05-19-2003 at 02:36 AM

all of the above +
a thing that hides your msn main window and when u move your mouse to the right side of the screen it pops out kinda like imnapper at http://www.chime.tv/products/imnapper.shtml
but for msn 5 and built into plus

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by 2Pac on 05-19-2003 at 06:21 AM

quote:
Thank you all for posting... please continue. Just to be clear: no, there won't be scripting and the reason is still the same: security.

As for UpTime, it's not a bad idea but it should display the time you sice you launched Messenger.... your contacts dont really care about how much time your Windows has been up I think...

hmmm, a good idea would be to chose if you wanna use !uptime when you sign in. It would be displayed on the top of the conversation window. I think that would be a good idea.
RE: Question... by Johnny_Mac on 05-19-2003 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zappy004
Just a question...
What are you gonna do for MSN messenger 6 that will release the 17th of July??

Will it be compatible??

Thanks, you're great

Jonathan

Good question [and name :P]... Obviously it'll be a massive update for Plus! to work with. Although some things I was worried about.

1) Logging, MSN Messenger now will log; how is plus gonna log for lower versions and not for msn 6.
2) Will any of the features conflict with stuff like the games or the custom bg for example.

I know that they will be a version of msn 6 appearing soon, so patchou can work on this. However i also understand that msn 6 won't work until server changes by ms and reg updates... like the problems with msn 5. So it could be hard to test plus! properly until 17th july. :undecided:

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Lukeid on 05-19-2003 at 12:00 PM

Hello I have some suggestions:

- Improved logging

- Messages offline like explained above.

- Improved sound's support and options.

- I would like the possibility of including sounds in my auto-messages. Maybe changing the way the sounds work from "/sevil" to "(!sevil)" that way you could include the sound in any part of the message. And only display the default text if it is send alone.

- Customized icons. If the other person doesn't have that icon, the plus! Could open a hidden file transfer session and transfer the icon in a transparent way. Of course that will not work for people behind a router, in that case a default icon will be displayed and a notification will be displayed in the sender’s window.

- Customized sounds! Hehehe :D

- Notification for each change of your contact status (including going offline) and also notification when your contact closes your chat window (Y). And the options to customize all this, for example letting you choose which notification activate.

And That's all.... for the moment ;)

Thank you Patchou for the Plus!

Lukeid

RE: Suggestions needed!! by user2319 on 05-19-2003 at 01:13 PM

Wow! great work, Patchou.. but how do you mean you would probably get bored again after a week? I remembers a list with "What should Patchou do?" so we could decide your life.. and that list was quite full.. well, whatever.. :) I don't have anything which hasn't been posted here befor so... :rolleyes:

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by bach_m on 05-19-2003 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukeid
- Customized icons. If the other person doesn't have that icon, the plus! Could open a hidden file transfer session and transfer the icon in a transparent way. Of course that will not work for people behind a router, in that case a default icon will be displayed and a notification will be displayed in the sender’s window.

- Customized sounds! Hehehe :D

to do those, you would hafta transfer a file, which could pose a major risk of sending a virus, which is not good. we dont want :plus2: to help distribute viruses now, do we?
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Flame on 05-19-2003 at 01:33 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has said this, I'm too lazy to read every single post... but it'd be really kool if our song playing on our comp, at the time, could be our nick... and it changes when the song does. I know you can have it so it shows up if you want it to, in the convos... but do you think you'd be able to make it so the song can be our nicks?
That'd make it look really kool and stuff.

~Flame~

RE: Suggestions needed!! by bach_m on 05-19-2003 at 01:44 PM

well, u could set up a Quick Text with "/nick" at the beggining. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=9621 but you have to resend the Quicktext at every song. i even have a paramater where i add the track number :D

Suggestion about Auto-Message by Freeze on 05-19-2003 at 03:08 PM

Hello.. I had a suggestion, that just MIGHt come in handy: if you have an auto-message activated, ANY user who you start a conversation with [or who starts a conversation with you] gets to see that auto-message..

How about a function where you can disable the auto-message in one certain chat-window [you know, some extra button like the "Share" button]? so if you are chatting with only one person, but dont want to be disturbed by others at the time, the person who you are chatting to, doesn't get to see that - in this case - annoying auto-message...

Think about it,
Freeze

PS:

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
2.-Option of renaming contacts in the contact manager and a comand to call for the name you've put like (!RN)... so you can make quick texts saying: "/sbye bye (!RN) see ya later"

Excellent idea++ !!!!
RE: Suggestions needed!! by pablotossi on 05-19-2003 at 03:35 PM

two items to consider for the new version:

1 - it is not necessary to worry much about logging because in version 6 it is going to be including.

2 - and as it is going to have animated icons could be combined icons with sounds (like /sevil or others).

and if there is to hope until the 17 of July, we will hope.... great job!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhh sorry, my english is very bad, you see!?!?!?

suggestion by Lakshan on 05-19-2003 at 03:43 PM

U know on msn plus you should add a updating system because u up date the system all the time like  virus scanners put a updating thing.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by DABURA on 05-19-2003 at 03:58 PM

pic popups
let a pic of the contact or a image fils you assigned to that contect pop up instead of the blue thingy with their name.
bettermsn has it, so you can disable the function in messenger itslef and let plus take over only with a picture instead of the name.

customized names, but i don;t think you do that.

saving preferences would be nice.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by AgainstHate on 05-19-2003 at 05:03 PM

I don't know if someone else has already requested this but I would like to see "Command Completion" similar to the "Quick Emoticons" (and "Code Insight/Completion" found in many IDEs, such as Visual Studio).
I.e. if the user types '/' then a popup appears with available commands to select from...

This would enhance the usability of the many commands/features available in Plus! and would increase the use of them, many users don't even know about most of the commands/features...

( "Easter egg commands" could still me hidden :) )

...and of cource a Preference option to turn this "Command Completion" off for those who don't desire it...

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Choli on 05-19-2003 at 05:32 PM

* Choli agrees with AgainstHate
Also, when "(" is pressed, the popup that appears could contain also (!IP), (!WAT), etc...

And btw, the text "auto-message" could be translated, couldn't it?

RE: Suggestions needed!! by God of the Devil on 05-19-2003 at 06:24 PM

what about we can preview the sounds before we pass them on to our contacts..

and with this post im now a full member :D:D:D:D:D

RE: Suggestions needed!! by fluffy_lobster on 05-19-2003 at 06:29 PM

I like the tag completion idea, i like a lot of the other ideas so i won't list them all.
Script script script!  A layout like in mIRC would be good, with sections for code for aliases, tags, menu items and events.
Disabling the blue 'toast' popups when you're busy
More popup options for when you're online, particularly when a status changes from busy to online etc.
And if you're going to make more easter eggs (please do), please don't make them as useful/fun as the sounds!  I don't think i could stand another wave of newbies asking for them.

And if you don't add all the features I want, provided you do add scripting we can make them all ourselves :)

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by bach_m on 05-19-2003 at 06:35 PM

quote:

no scripting :'(
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Necroman on 05-19-2003 at 07:59 PM

i just have a small practical suggestion concerning the /away command
i think it would be nice if you could ad the tags for time when you'll be back and remaining time in the /away command
I dont know quite how to do it, or if it's possible, but id would be a nice change .... :d

RE: Suggestions needed!! by BooGhost on 05-19-2003 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freeze
How about a function where you can disable the auto-message in one certain chat-window [you know, some extra button like the "Share" button]? so if you are chatting with only one person, but dont want to be disturbed by others at the time, the person who you are chatting to, doesn't get to see that - in this case - annoying auto-message...

Think about it,
Freeze

PS:

quote:

Excellent idea++ !!!!

Your auto-message idea is excellent.... And my renaming contacts option too :P

Dont forget about the Events pop-ups ;)
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by pablotossi on 05-19-2003 at 10:24 PM

quote:
.... And my renaming contacts option too

I LOVE ME !!!!
RE: Suggestions needed!! by BooGhost on 05-19-2003 at 11:04 PM

;)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by modoman on 05-20-2003 at 01:30 AM

Well i just come to the last page without reading so.... could u make a thing that tells you who blocked u just askin cause i have lots of ppl that i dont no if they block me or not???

RE: RE: Offline Messaging by Addo on 05-20-2003 at 01:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andyl56
quote:
Originally posted by Addo

Who would be willing to host such a thing?

Simple.. ppl can make up MESSENGER accounts as they wish and make that the address the bot should be contacted at.. spread that (bot's) e-mail within a group of buddies.. and anyone of them who has a DSL or landline.. can host it..

For example I can host a bot for a group of people I know. And u can create a whole different Messenger account to which ur bot will listen and forward offline messages from.

I hope i was clear :-/
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by bach_m on 05-20-2003 at 02:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by modoman
Well i just come to the last page without reading so.... could u make a thing that tells you who blocked u just askin cause i have lots of ppl that i dont no if they block me or not???

it has beensiad so many times, but Patchou wont do this, because if someone blocked you, that's their buisness, not yours. if you want to know, go to mess.be's block checker
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 05-20-2003 at 02:04 AM

for patchou:

is 2.20 gonna b out b4 msn messenger 6.0?

RE: Suggestions needed!! by s7a5 on 05-20-2003 at 03:06 AM

yes :]

Please by ooscarr on 05-20-2003 at 03:07 AM

I would like to copy a text from anywhere and when I paste it in the conversation window it must appear with the format that I copied it (bold, italic, underlined, color) or with the format special tags.

me gustaría que cuando copie un texto de cualquier parte, éste aparezca en la venta de conversación con el formato con el que lo copié (negrita, cursiva, subrayado, color).

RE: Suggestions needed!! by BooGhost on 05-20-2003 at 03:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ooscarr
I would like to copy a text from anywhere and when I paste it in the conversation window it must appear with the format that I copied it (bold, italic, underlined, color)

good idea but maybe too hard ;)
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 05-20-2003 at 03:28 AM

u sure? i dont even know what he means :P

RE: Suggestions needed!! by BooGhost on 05-20-2003 at 03:33 AM

for example when you copy a color text... it looses its colors when you paste it... he's asking to add something that would also copy the colors... underlines... bolds.... italics....

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 05-20-2003 at 03:39 AM

ooo ok

RE: Suggestions needed!! by titie on 05-20-2003 at 04:09 AM

Event logs window: allow to click on Timestamp or User for reordering events (so we have the option of having all the events related to a user together)(as in the contact manager that you can change the way they're orderes like last chat, nick, etc)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 05-20-2003 at 05:09 AM

exactly

RE: Suggestions needed!! by dom. on 05-20-2003 at 07:10 AM

Yaa... Frontpage has that rtf converer thing.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by AwSuM on 05-20-2003 at 11:30 AM

Hi to The Great Creator of MSN Plus "Patchou" & the Team who are helping with their time to make MSN Plus great day after the day.
I love MSN PLus and probably that's why i took the time and filled the registeration and joined this forum.
Anyway, let's come to the point for which i am adding this reply. I wanted to request some features.
i) 1st one that i do remember for now is the Language Translator embedded in the Message Window.
ii) Also a quick link by which MSN Plus can be sent to the other party just like a file transfer from a weblink so they do not have to hassle following a link and it should be just like sending a file to the other contact. I understand that it can be done by the person who is chatting but it is better in a way that the person will get the updated copy of MSN Plus through the link.
iii) Changing the Background image that shows Microsoft Messenger Icon to the MSN Plus icon.

I had some more suggestion and ideas but so far i could only gather the ones i have put down. The rest will be added soon in the future.

Thanks Once again for creating a Great Outlook that really lightens up and reforms it to a shining star a Great  and must have Addon.
Thanks MSN PLus team.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Pure_BY on 05-20-2003 at 02:30 PM

Hey People! I’m sorry, maybe 99% of my suggestions were suggested 100 times in this thread already, but I got to see it rather late and i’m too lazy to read everything :D

Some suggestions for Messenger Plus!.

1) A pop-up for Messenger Events. The same way as Event Log window works, but that with MSN Messenger-style pop-up. Like “(!M) changed his/her status to Away”. Also it will be cool if you would be able to choose yourself which events you want to see (changin’ online status, changin’ name, etc. …)

2) Changing the default Sign-In pop up a little bit… Now it says: “(!N) have just signed in”, but since 100% of contacts in my list (and 99,99% of all other MSN Messenger users, I suppose) change their names more often than e-mail addresses, I suggest to make it “(!M) have just signed in” instead. This must be an optional feature of course.
But if Patchou does not wanna do it because of one or another reason, he must at least remove all these boxes used for colors from that pop-up.

3) Being able to give a special sing-in sound not only for different people, but for each group also, that will be applied by default for every person in that group (even if you add him/her to your contact list or that group later). But of course you must still be able to make special sound every person you want, even if the ‘group sound’ is different.
And, this is more a kind of bug… in Preferences > Contact Sounds it is very difficult to see the e-mail address of people… Cuz’ 80% of them got really very long names that are changed every day too… So it will be nice to see the e-mail address when you move the mouse over their names.
It will be also nice to move all of the settings for contact sounds from Preferences to Contact Manager.

4) MSN Messenger background changer… so you just have to select any *.gif picture on your computer, and Plus! Will set it is background (not that I need that feature, I think I will even never use it, but I’m sure a lot of people will find it really very cool ;) )

5) Some suggestions for Personolised Status improvement:

Change the:

Personolised Status
|_Predefined 1
|_Predefined 2
|_Predefined 3

to:

Personolised Status
|_Busy
|_Be Right Back
|_Away
|_On The Phone
|_Out To Lunch

Making Personolised Status Window a bit smaller would be nice too. It will be also very good to get that window after setting your status to anythin’.

And, to be able to select “Personolize my Status by default”. Now you still need to click on that yourself every time, and that’s very annoying, especially when you’re in a hurry and need to personalize ur status fast.

6) :refuck: A kind of (!WMP) tag for Windows Media Player 9 (equivalent of (!WAT) tag for WinAmp)

7) segosa’s suggestion: custom name for /me commands. That if you type “/me” command, it wont dispay (!NP), but it will display somethin’ else set in settings. (But by default that ‘somethin’’ will be (!NP)). This is MUST-BE-ADDED feature!!!!!!!!!

Some suggestion for Plus! > Contact Manager

1) As mentioned above, to move all the settings for contact sounds from Preferences to Contact Manager (that seems much more logical to me).

2) Add “Contact Properties” button, that will display normal MSN Messenger Contact properties.

3) Add “View Chat Logs” button too.

4) Add “Phone number” line next to “E-mail”, “Last Online”, etc. … That will help to find phone numbers very fast because you never know who has them in MSN and who not…

5) Being able to view contacts by Groups, like in MSN Messenger.

6) Custom names for contacts in Contact Manager. I remember Patchou sayin’ one time that he will add it :gfdrin:
If it’s not difficult, add a kind of (!CN) tag for Custom Name. Yes, I know that its NOT useful at all, but it will be very fun to great people on their own real name, while their nickname is different.

7) If you delete a contact, also will be nice to select “Block” too, just like in normal MSN Messenger.

8) Finally, make it possible to RESIZE or MAXIMIZE Contact Manager to whole screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Suggestions needed!! by rh on 05-20-2003 at 04:43 PM

pop3 popups :D :D :D

RE: Suggestions needed!! by BooGhost on 05-20-2003 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SLim Shady
6) Custom names for contacts in Contact Manager. I remember Patchou sayin’ one time that he will add it
If it’s not difficult, add a kind of (!CN) tag for Custom Name. Yes, I know that its NOT useful at all, but it will be very fun to great people on their own real name, while their nickname is different.

Objection: It WILL be very useful to find people in the contact manager (coz the longs nicks, blah blah blah) and it will be a nice feature for exaple to put an auto away-message who said :"hey (!CN), Im not her right now... but wait for me"

Oh yeah! I forgot... Pop-Ups for the events
RE: Suggestions needed!! by user13774 on 05-20-2003 at 08:15 PM

I think patchou should wait some time until all the new funtions of msn messenger 6.0 (yes, there will be a new msn messenger, check another thread for more info: "http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=10615&page=2") are known, cuz there will be A LOT OF more emoticons in the new msn messenger 6.0 for example.
Check this sites for more info about messenger 6.0:
http://messenger.msn.com/support/sneakpeek.asp

Here is example of new emoticons:
[Image: attachment.php?tid=10615&pid=77455]

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-20-2003 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AgainstHate
I don't know if someone else has already requested this but I would like to see "Command Completion"

:clap: an autocomplete would be great!
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 05-21-2003 at 12:17 AM

they said 75 new icons now they say 25 :S :$

RE: Suggestions needed!! by --lucky-charm-- on 05-21-2003 at 01:53 AM

i think you should add many new emotions to msn, like that person up there said. Cuz msn emotions kinda bite. I also agree with many other people on their points of veiw, even though i barely understand them :S lol. but i agree with the emotions one the best!

RE: Suggestions needed!! by bach_m on 05-21-2003 at 01:55 AM

adding new emoticons would mean ckacking the MSN exe, which is illegal. if you want new emoticons, go to mess.be

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 05-21-2003 at 02:27 AM

i mean who needs his own icons?

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by bach_m on 05-21-2003 at 11:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ®
i mean who needs his own icons?

NEEDS??? i dont know, but sometime you get bored of the current ones. its just a nice little change.
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Ñ y S û P å S t @ ® on 05-21-2003 at 12:07 PM

maybe ur right

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Pure_BY on 05-21-2003 at 02:39 PM

i never get bored of MSN Emoticons, they are the best!!! but there are not enough of them... you lose feelings like :-/ :cry: :refuck: [Image: w00t.gif] and so on...

RE: Suggestions needed!! by nus on 05-21-2003 at 03:07 PM

that's true slim :refuck: (emoticons like that are great)

two friends suggestions
a feature to know if a contact has blocked you

a feature to predefine a colour and a true type for every contact

RE: Suggestions needed!! by God of the Devil on 05-21-2003 at 04:38 PM

I did suggest a profanty filter of some sort last time. would be great for parents who have kids who use messenger. it would ether come up with "the last message had profanty and did not send" or be blank.. aslo pwd protect the option so it cant be switched off

RE: Suggestions needed!! by de_strandjutter on 05-21-2003 at 09:22 PM

compression / zip of log files could be nice...of course with a encryption if needed..

RE: Suggestions needed!! by rjjordan on 05-21-2003 at 09:38 PM

I would like to see it possible for you to rename contacts to how you would want to see them. 

For example, if your contact is Nick, and you know 3 Nicks, then you can put them as Nick R, Nick P and Nick L.

What do you reckon?

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Leif on 05-21-2003 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rjjordan
I would like to see it possible for you to rename contacts to how you would want to see them. 

For example, if your contact is Nick, and you know 3 Nicks, then you can put them as Nick R, Nick P and Nick L.

What do you reckon?

That's a VERY good suggestion. You can do it with BetterMSN by Ginge, I think. But I'd very much like it in Plus!
Or to rename those who use VERY fancy names and keep changing them every now and then. VERY annoying...
RE: RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by musicalmidget on 05-21-2003 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rjjordan

What do you reckon?

Yeah, so they have their nick...and you choose how you want it to appear to you personally?  I like that. :D

Ideally I would like to be able to hide my email address at the top of my contacts chat windows.  Even some of my closest friends have given out my email address before and I like to keep it private when possible.  I don't know if Patchou could possibly do this, but it would be great if he could. :)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by s7a5 on 05-21-2003 at 10:58 PM

yes and that one too :pound:
:'(

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Super Dude on 05-22-2003 at 12:08 AM

I don't see the big deal about the emotions. Msn 6.0 will have 25 new emotions adding up to 75 emotions, and you will be able to create, and add your own emotions for use. Msn 6.0 will also allow you to change your chat and window backrounds (including pop up) to any pic (gif, jpg prehaps?) that you want.

If Patchou did add something like the contact nick changer (lets call it) like in BetterMsn (which Patchou helped to create i might add ;-)), then i think that there should be some sort of Profanity filter of some sort on it. I say this because i don't know about any one else, but i wouldn't want someone to put a name on me like dumba**, s***head, or worse. Putting that on would make it easyer to recognize people... I used bettermsn for a few months before and i loved that feature on it.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Pure_BY on 05-22-2003 at 11:05 AM

contact nick changer will never be added to Plus! (maybe ONLY to Plus! Contact Manager). And i 100% agree with Patchou on that.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by love_msgplus on 05-22-2003 at 01:13 PM

can u...
combine BOSS & LOCK
change the icon while using instant lock~

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Pure_BY on 05-22-2003 at 01:20 PM

yeah, good suggestions!! (Y)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by God of the Devil on 05-22-2003 at 02:54 PM

can you assign the quick icons to a button that is not ( because that is annoying when i try to type (btw i do disable it before you say anything)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by CanadianOriginal on 05-22-2003 at 08:21 PM

I've mentionned some of these before, might have gotten lost in the shuffle...

- Custom shortcut keys for Quick Texts
- Option to block groups from the contact list (ie right click and choose "block group")
- Maybe combine the Boss Protection and Instant lock into one options, with selectable features (require password, optional icon, etc.)
- Custom (RGB) colour dialog for fonts (for the basic MSN IM colour, visible to non-Plus users)
- Ability to suppress sounds for individual chat windows
- Option to choose a default font formatting to override selected settings (ie: instead of having bold, blue Arial Bold, just type /noform or something and it will be regular, black Courrier New)

I could throw in a few suggestions for the contact manager, but if you're improving it, I'll leave it alone! :P

RE: Suggestions needed!! by WurZ on 05-24-2003 at 04:01 AM

Er... think I'm a little late... but, hope you could still consider the following suggestions :wall:

1. Password enabled logging... the chat logging is a fantastic add-on, but the problem is, if you are sharing the com with someone else (like me...) :argue: , privacy comes to mind. So maybe you could like, prompt for a password to open up the chat file

2. another logging matter, the events logging... another great add-on if you were to leave your com alone for some time.... but the problem is, sometimes the messenger disconnects then reconnects, and all events goes *poof* :blah: ... thought maybe you guys could enable msn plus! to log events of a few days and stash it or something... (btw, i tried to open the event logging on the 'Events Log' pop up, but, doesnt work)

3. Changing status from Personalized Status to normal status.... like say I'm in Personalized Status for Away, and  I would like to go back to Normal Away (without the personalized messagelar....) , I have to go 'Online' the ngo back to 'Away', with is NOT good, cause my contacts will start flooding me with messages (cause they think I just came online) when i dont want to talk to them... evil..... :fire:

Rock on Patchou, I'll be supporting your program all the way.. :bow: and if you get a little stressed up trying to get PLus! to work on msn messenger 6, take a rest and..........

Get The Jiggy With IT!.... (ba)NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAH!! :banana: NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAH!! :banana: :clap:

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Barisko on 05-24-2003 at 10:24 AM

Hi Patchou!

be sure to read this one:

in the last update 2.10.36 you say you have added sponsors becouse you need the money...

well, i did install the sponsors, that is the least thing i can do... but they suck (sorry)... so i uninstalled them again...

i was thinking how you could get money by sponsors... and then it hit me! Plus! makes it possible to disable the adds from messenger... everybody does it becouse who wants to sponsor microsoft? ;-)

so, why don't you add your own adds in stead of the ones by ms? (you could let people have the option to enable them or disable them) i am sure willing to enable them! and sponsor this GREAT add-on!

(it's just a idea..)

Barisko

RE: Suggestions needed!! by user13774 on 05-24-2003 at 10:29 AM

Microsoft will not like that. Then u use their program, which is free, so they have to add banners to make up money, to add ur own banners to make money for yourself.

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Barisko on 05-24-2003 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Microsoft will not like that. Then u use their program, which is free, so they have to add banners to make up money, to add ur own banners to make money for yourself.

That’s true! didn't think about that one... duh

Well maybe ad banners in the preferences menu of Plus! that would be more discrete, I think 

RE: Suggestions needed!! by johnybot on 05-24-2003 at 06:23 PM

http://www.mess.be/msn6programming.htm
!!!!

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Freeze on 05-24-2003 at 06:30 PM

no shit.. you just got ahead of me :P

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Mesh on 05-24-2003 at 07:36 PM

Umm this is more a suggestion for MSN6...  I might be ahead of things a bit, but I think some sort of hacking that allows you to use the "create your own emoticons" feature to allow you to put larger pictures (not just emoticons) as part of the chat.  Sort of like putting an image right in a post.  I don't know if this is possible, but it would be a great feature; I think AIM has something like it.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Silver_mal on 05-24-2003 at 08:31 PM

sorry if this has been suggested already.

but how about a offline messege thing, i mean like yahoo one can leave offlines for ppl.

what about that ?

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Pure_BY on 05-24-2003 at 11:02 PM

Offline talker you mean or what?

If you mean offline talker -- the answer is: no. It is "illegal" feature, and patchou won't do that.

If you mean like: send a message TO offline contact, and he/she will get it when he/she signes in -- thats a good idea. It is possible while your PC is on, and you're signed in; so messages can be stored in physical memory or hard drive, and send later. But its not possible if your PC is off. Why? -- message needs to be stored somewhere, on a server, that does not exist (at least not at the moment).

But if we talk only about the time when PC is on and and you are signed in, suggestion is really very cool ;) (Y)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by skribb on 05-24-2003 at 11:22 PM

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant ;) (y)

RE: Suggestions needed!! by crazihouse on 05-25-2003 at 12:34 AM

im not sure if its been suggested, but it would be extremely useful if u could send a message to someone thats offline. as if, as soon as they go online, it sends the message specified and also tells them at what time it was sent at.

just a suggestion :grin:

also a log viewer (like msn 6) would be damn cool and more user-friendly than notepad :P

RE: Suggestions needed!! by two_cents_worth on 05-25-2003 at 04:30 AM

i donno if this has been  suggested, but i was wondering if there is a way you can keep a font colour insted of puting
(657,657,000) infront of every text msg you say? so you can just go to your font colour changer and it will be there...something like light blue or something? if you no a way please e-mail me:
mattcam31@hotmail.com

thanks

RE: Suggestions needed!! by RaveRod on 05-25-2003 at 05:40 AM

My Suggestions:

1. POP3 Popups Damnit! :P

2. Display preset number of lines from log file when initiating a chat again.

3. Autoresponder to certain words. Eg: someone types "website" and you autorespond by replying "http://www.somewebsite.com" (ability to configure own words of course).

4. MSNM v6.0 and WM v5.0 complete compatability.

5. Allow me on the alpha/beta testing again for the next version (i'm testing WM5 now :P). :P

6. Popups for contacts when they come back from being away or brb.

7. More sounds and ability to turn off certain ones :P

8. More emoticons for Plus! users.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by dj_vibeman on 05-25-2003 at 03:12 PM

well hmm...looks like im kinda late to post my ideas for the next MsgPLUS! lol...but the most important features i think the next version of plus should have are:

*** the most important*** have it work with msn6.0 (no brainer)
- ability to sign in and appear offline
- have log files redesigned and done in html format :D
- the ability to lock (not turn off) log files so ppl cant peep at your convo's when someone else comes on your comp.
- have plus check another hotmail/msn account for you so you dont have to sign in and out.
- it would be nice if you could customize the backround in the contacts window..kinda like what msn6 already has for the conversation windows.
- POP3 mail checker (already mentioned)
- Personalized away messages a must! (my favorite feature of plus)
- have it so you can have more then one msn running at once..kinda like the poligamy patch for msn 5.0

theres probably more to mention but i cant think of anymore right now...im sure they have already been posted anyways..I just wanted to include my input:P

DJ

RE: Suggestions needed!! by skribb on 05-25-2003 at 05:59 PM

A veeerrrrrryyy good thing would be to allow several types of statuses, and no I do not mean Personalized Away, I mean in a typ of degree. For example:

-I'm reading important e-mails and I don't wanna be disturbed, so I use the Busy status.
-Let's say, my girl's over at my house, so I use the Very Busy status.

The same thing would ofcourse be for all statuses (ok not all of them) like: Online/Free for chat, Away/Far away(Away for long) Out To Lunch/Having Dinner/Having a Snack/Having a Romantic Supper

stuff like that :P it would totally rock my world Patchou, I'm telling you ;)

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Barisko on 05-25-2003 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skribb
A veeerrrrrryyy good thing would be to allow several types of statuses, and no I do not mean Personalized Away, I mean in a typ of degree. For example:

-I'm reading important e-mails and I don't wanna be disturbed, so I use the Busy status.
-Let's say, my girl's over at my house, so I use the Very Busy status.

The same thing would ofcourse be for all statuses (ok not all of them) like: Online/Free for chat, Away/Far away(Away for long) Out To Lunch/Having Dinner/Having a Snack/Having a Romantic Supper

stuff like that :P it would totally rock my world Patchou, I'm telling you ;)

custom status = not possible

end off story

RE: Suggestions needed!! by skribb on 05-25-2003 at 06:12 PM

you chrushed my dreams :'(

that's too bad :(

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Bishan on 05-25-2003 at 07:43 PM

Ya know the message logging was my most imp feature of MP2! and i really need it badly ! Who the hell is gonna go saving each and every convo after its done ? and it was so cool coz after each month it made seperate folders so it was easy to find it by date !
i rilly need to save my convos with my GF and this message history in msn 6 SUX BIG tym !! coz it saves everyones messages and its rilly hard to choose each and every contact n del their convos, MP! did that too but at least it was ok to choose em all at once and just press del !!
But in Msn 6 that means having to go to message history everytym ! I hate doing that ! so like may i suggest with message logging already being a component of MP! can there be a seperate option where one can choose to save the messages of each seperate contact instead of all of them being saved everytime sumone messages me ? that way i can save a lot of HDD space and not hav to del the other useless saved convos after every week or so !and with that we culd stop using the msn 6 txt logging thingy for good ! Thanks ! if this has been said b4 then sorry i didnt see it ! but just posting my own thoughts !

RE: Suggestions needed!! by tomfletcherman on 05-26-2003 at 07:59 AM

i dont kno if ne1 has suggested this, but:

ppl go 4 msn 6 cos of its nu look, backgrounds nd emoticons, so y bother 2 rewrite plus wen sum1 could help by making a msn 5.0 skin th@ makes 5.0 look like 6.0, nd with skins u can laod all the emoticons u want aswell. so y change 2 6.0 if 5.0 has everything in? the games site can b written in by thr person making the skin, as well as backgrounds nd all of the emoticons nd make ur own. it would b perfect, but i dont kno how possible it is.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by skribb on 05-26-2003 at 09:38 AM

Maybe you could write a little mor understandable?

RE: Suggestions needed!! by lizard.boy on 05-28-2003 at 01:19 AM

what do u think is easier sumone rewriting the client or patchou rewrite sumthing that he knows like the back of his hand (he he)

[edit] i forgot my suggestions!
1 eggs like a pic of gfd or frasie
2 styling to match msn 6 or your client
3 better organisation for event logs
4 a tweak plus sort of thing built in (egg)

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by fleetadmiralmatt on 05-28-2003 at 01:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman

ppl go 4 msn 6 cos of its nu look, backgrounds nd emoticons, so y bother 2 rewrite plus wen sum1 could help by making a msn 5.0 skin th@ makes 5.0 look like 6.0, nd with skins u can laod all the emoticons u want aswell. so y change 2 6.0 if 5.0 has everything in? the games site can b written in by thr person making the skin, as well as backgrounds nd all of the emoticons nd make ur own. it would b perfect, but i dont kno how possible it is.

Ummm... Im pretty sure it would be a lot easier to just convert Messenger Plus! Then it is to completely re-write MSN v5 to mimic MSN v6...

Oh, and by the way...
Im not sure if this was said but...
Since you can make your own tabs with v6.0 by editing the ConfigCache, then can't you put a little feature where it will automatically generate the code and place it in, all you need to do is provide a link, name, image, and so forth
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-28-2003 at 01:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
1 eggs like a pic of gfd
:gfdrin:
RE: Suggestions needed!! by s7a5 on 05-28-2003 at 02:22 AM

for msn 6:
1) the ability to put custom animated emots
2)extend/remove the limit of custom emoticons sent
3)ability to put a background to contact list window
4)maybe we could make a custom plus! smiles packs that would be downloadable from the site :)
5)something like smiles mananger or smth...

RE: RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by crazihouse on 05-28-2003 at 02:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
quote:
1 eggs like a pic of gfd

:spam: (spam)

:grin:
RE: Suggestions needed!! by fleetadmiralmatt on 05-28-2003 at 03:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by crazihouse
quote:
Originally posted by gfd
quote:
1 eggs like a pic of gfd

:spam: (spam)

I will never understand the reason to put the spam emoticon after quoting a "spam" message. Haven't you realized that putting it is spam itself and only creating a bigger spam problem???

Anyways, here is another suggestion:
Is it possible (Or is it too much work) to put an auto-spell checker so that everyimte you hit "send" or the return/enter key, it will check spelling and report errors... Or a small coomon misspelled words check... becuase I tend to put "nad" instead of "and" quite a lot of times :)
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-28-2003 at 04:10 AM

an autocorrect would be nice, but not very useful. I mean, yes... but not necessary.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by BooGhost on 05-28-2003 at 04:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stas
for msn 6:
1) the ability to put custom animated emots
2)extend/remove the limit of custom emoticons sent
3)ability to put a background to contact list window
4)maybe we could make a custom plus! smiles packs that would be downloadable from the site :)
5)something like smiles mananger or smth...

Veeeeeeeeeery good ideas (Y)  how about:
6)maybe we could make a custom plus! background packs that would be downloadable from the site ;)
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-28-2003 at 05:04 AM

quote:
Veeeeeeeeeery good ideas (Y)  how about:
6)maybe we could make a custom plus! background packs that would be downloadable from the site ;)
I was thinking about that, so we`ll probably give you some of this ;)

(sorry for the spelling, wrong keyb config. in this user account and no will to change it, too late)
RE: Suggestions needed!! by s7a5 on 05-28-2003 at 05:35 AM

nice!! Patchou mentioned smth on mess.be about new feautures :D

RE: Suggestions needed!! by deleterme on 05-28-2003 at 10:53 AM

Hey,
when is the next version comming out?
I want to know this because i have a big suggestion.
-> There is already something that makes a particular sounds when somebody is singing in or singing out...
But is it possible to make something that makes a particular sounds when somebody is talking to you. So you know who is talking to you.
It could make a sound each time your chat window is closed. So when you are talking to a lot of people you know who is talking...  and so you can answer only when you want it...
bye

RE: Suggestions needed!! by msnlee on 05-28-2003 at 11:33 AM

Alert  log:I mean e.g if am online but set to be "away" or "offline"status,msnplus log can show me when my friends login & when he/she logout.
Or give me a popup message btoh when he'(she)s login and  logout & when my friend is changing his/her nickname.

Popup mail: can set to use default software ,e.g outlook;Now when I get a remind & click "u have * mails" it always goes to hotmail account automaticly.
If possible,i can send emails by clicking the names & use default sofware but not use hotmail account.

support to MSN 6.0,can set to login in "offline status"auto maticly,MSNhelp & some other plugin have this function.

Msnplus is fantasitc,many thanks for ur effort on it.u r the one aspire very much.Am not a professional programmer,just a normail user,if the inputs above look stupid,pls forgive me.

Looking forward new version of MSNPlus!

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by r_k on 05-28-2003 at 02:16 PM

OFFTOPIC:

quote:

According to my opinion, using the skins on 5 instead of using MSN Messenger 6 is not very good idea. Why? Because 6 offers better way for file sharing and video converencing.. (What i am trying to say is that with 5.0 i couldn't send any files and use video converence because of my connection which has the ports closed) 6.0 makes somekind of new tunnel to other PC, so that i could connect to it and send files.. (I hope i made myself clear enough).. Well actually this is the main reason why I prefer using 6.0 than 5.0
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Klue2k on 05-28-2003 at 02:39 PM

hey patchou,

glad to see your still alive and kicking and still delivering the best to the community.  hmm suggestions for the new 2.20 version.

i guess everybody would like msn 6.0 support but thats dependable on whether you can.  but i read ya working hard on it :)

maybe update the log files so the wat the the other person says is in a different colour. 

set status to goto offline when you sign on.

ability to send one message to everyone but with restrictions like how many you can send so theres no mass flooding.

more easter eggs :P

small games put into it like tic tac toe

display winamp song with id3 tag

um thats priddy much all i can think of right now.

RE: RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-28-2003 at 05:05 PM

quote:
making a msn 5.0 skin th@ makes 5.0 look like 6.0
It would never look the same because the whole gui (except for the contact list) has changed, things have been moved and resized, so technically its impossible to make 5 to look like 6.
quote:
with skins u can laod all the emoticons u want aswell
Wrong again. First, you dont load more emoticons, you just skin those you see. Messenger 6 allows transparent emoticon transfers so as to send custom emoticons to your friends. Plus, Msn5 has a limited number of icons, while msn6 lets you add all that you want.
quote:
it would b perfect, but i dont kno how possible it is.
Zero. :-/
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-28-2003 at 05:06 PM

quote:
set status to goto offline when you sign on.
It won't / can't be added.
quote:
ability to send one message to everyone but with restrictions like how many you can send so theres no mass flooding.
Msn 6 has some sort of mass message function for groups.

quote:
small games put into it like tic tac toe
why the effort when msn6 integrates them? :-/
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-28-2003 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dannyres
oh and another idea how about xml logging like in msn messenger 6 with encryption.

Dan

text logs encryption is already done and will -90% sure- be in next version. Though, i don't think the format will be changed to xml.
RE: Suggestions needed!! by jp_merkado2003 on 05-28-2003 at 10:47 PM

Hi, All MsgPlus Lovers..
Look you may not put so much attention..
But do you remember the ICQ function that kept the messages
when you were offline and when you signed in they appear?
It will be a NICE FUNCTION!:D

RE: Suggestions needed!! by s7a5 on 05-28-2003 at 10:50 PM

indeed :D, but MSN client is not desighned for that :(

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-29-2003 at 01:27 AM

Yes, it has been asked loooots of time but -unluckily- its technically impossible without some server tweaks from microsoft.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by s7a5 on 05-29-2003 at 02:38 AM

sorry for lookin ahead in future but ive got another cool idea for msn6
how about include a feature that will loop the display pics :P

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Silencer on 05-29-2003 at 03:41 AM

ok, i admit, i havent read all of the other posts so some of these might have already been said:
- Playlist support, so you can play songs thru msn instead of always usin kazaa
- Skin support - so you can change the style of msn
ummm, thats it lol

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Silencer on 05-29-2003 at 03:47 AM

o i got another one - it mite have alrdy been said but...
a feature to do polls, like you set the question an the possible answers then when a button in the msg window is clicked it asked the question an if like /answer1 is typed it will detect that, add it to the results and send the results to the person (with some kind of text based gaphs maybe?) also a function to poll all of your contacts at once

RE: Suggestions needed!! by TJRap on 05-29-2003 at 04:16 AM

Ahh yes, a function to add a poll would be great.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by AeroScap on 05-29-2003 at 10:10 AM

One thing that MUST be IMO included is something to put a lock or bar on the Chatlogs. Since Messenger 6 is meant to be run on XP and XP has different accounts. It is very easy for to say another family member to go into C: and look through another accounts documents.

Some patch to convert those stupid XML files in .txt files much easy to look at and does not have 3/4 of the window covered in shiz.

I am sure boss mode will make a handy return. It has saved my hide a lot of times! *tops to Patchou*

and generally anything that can make using Messenger without other people knowing e.g. opticity (sp) and boss mode would be VERY welcome. Many thx patchou!

RE: Suggestions needed!! by the non_spam fakedage on 05-29-2003 at 02:05 PM

Make egg picture which open not only on ur com but everyone ur talking to

RE: Suggestions needed!! by loopz on 05-29-2003 at 02:30 PM

Suggestion for MSN6 support

I'm a vb6 programmer.
Why don't u make and hijacking thing that loads plus into messenger's memory so that u own all the hWnds messenger owns? With this you could use a simple subclasser to get all the functions to need. I see the hijacker is hard to do...but....this is what i can suggest.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by WaqasTariq on 05-29-2003 at 03:07 PM

Salaam (hi),
How about

1. A Log Viewer
2. MSN Messenger 6.0 Support

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Weyzza on 05-29-2003 at 08:04 PM

hi all
i am a new member in this forum

bout suggesstion, i suggest if we can have more status besides "away", "busy", "on the phone", etc.
so, when we can have "watching movie", "going to the mall", or "studying" status
you may add new status or make the comments of the status can be changed by users so they can write the comments of the status in their languages.

btw, i really like msgplus
thanks a lot, patchou!!!

RE: Suggestions needed!! by npierri on 05-29-2003 at 09:18 PM

1. ability to save only logs of the people I want
2. a way to preview contact sound before pressing ok (the test before pressing ok)
3. different event logs for different users

RE: Suggestions needed!! by kasthor on 05-30-2003 at 12:24 AM

Actualy, i don't know if it's implemented i can't check right now (*), but i would like to know the version of the plus and ( if it's posible ) the version of the messenger, so i know if the other person is able to hear my sounds or view my colors, i think it's usefull, may be also to know the time of the other person, so if he/she is away we can know if he/she is sleeping ;) ( something like CTCP features )

I hope also that you can do the programing of MsgPlus for MSN6, a lot of people is using it, or may be adapting the new emoticons to the plus so we can use msn5 and understand the emoticons :P

thanks

RE: Suggestions needed!! by kasthor on 05-30-2003 at 12:26 AM

ok i have other suggestion....

is that posible that when u open a conversation with some one it puts back a few recent lines from the chat log?, useful also :D

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Guido on 05-30-2003 at 12:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kasthor
Actualy, i don't know if it's implemented i can't check right now (*), but i would like to know the version of the plus and ( if it's posible ) the version of the messenger, so i know if the other person is able to hear my sounds or view my colors, i think it's usefull, may be also to know the time of the other person, so if he/she is away we can know if he/she is sleeping ;) ( something like CTCP features )

I hope also that you can do the programing of MsgPlus for MSN6, a lot of people is using it, or may be adapting the new emoticons to the plus so we can use msn5 and understand the emoticons :P

First, compatibility for msn6 will 90% sure in the next version, so dont worry for now about that.

And the suggestion, it is sort of already available in plus, with the tag (!VER). Though, you only can type that tag to see YOUR versions, your buddie will have to type it (having plus) so that you can see his versions. And no, it won't be added the other way around.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by kasthor on 05-30-2003 at 12:47 AM

:O fast answers i like it!

another suggestion, i think it's hard but dunno if u like it

problem:

when i go home i put my computer away but some times my computer crashes, and i don't know if people leaves me some messages last night, ok what i do us to check the chat logs sorting them by modification date and then i check the more recents to see my msgs

suggestion:

when i go away it puts a stamp somewhere ( registry? ), and also may disable sounds, but when i come back next day, then msn will tell me that since i was away i have been contacted by ( a list of users ) then i can open the log ( with the log viewer already suggested by someone else ) and view the messages from my contacts

... i ask santa claus, dunno if i am a good boy

RE: Suggestions needed!! by kasthor on 05-30-2003 at 02:24 AM

ok some more suggestions... just ideas, that if you like, you take

a cool gaim feature is that have events depending on the person that logs in, so, when some one logs on, when some one logs out, when some one send a message, or start typing, it will perform an action, that may vary from sending this person a message, poping up a conversation window with that person, running a command, or playing a sound,

i think that's a really practical feature.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by gigabit on 05-30-2003 at 08:22 AM

Hi, people!

I would suggest making an option for Plus! to view user pictures.
I mean.. if the user is ofline then I 'd like to see his picture in MSN6  but I cannot...  and if possible, store the previous pictures of desired users (a cute girl or sumthin':) ).  and delete the unwanted ones.

keep on doing good work, Patchou! ;)

RE: RE: RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by Fragged on 05-30-2003 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:
Originally posted by SMG
quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
whats (!UPTIME) do?

like in mIRC, it displays how long your computer has been on for:

eg)

you type "(!uptime)"

and "(!uptime)" gets replaced with something simular to "Windows XP up 1wk 1hr 56mins 29secs", depending on how long you've computer's been on for

(and yes, that's my actual uptime :p)

Ur uptime sucks;), this is mine:

14 days, 13 hours, 8 minutes, 35 seconds

:) ;)

That's cause he has XP

anyway,

1. Ability to modify what's in 'Tools' and 'Actions' ntm 'Plus!'

2. (!UPTIME) sounds like a cool idea but also (!ONLINE) ?

3. Get rid of the thing on the right of a convo window with "I want to..." and "Start talking"

Yay my E key is teh working
RE: Suggestions needed!! by Goofy on 05-30-2003 at 10:20 AM

I really like the idea of being able to put a password on the log files.
And of course msn 6 compatiblitiy.

These I think are most important.

Greetz
Goofy

Status by Persephone on 05-30-2003 at 05:14 PM

Hi everyone,

and thanks to Patchou for Messenger Plus!, which I hope it's compatible with MSN 6 a.s.a.p.

I've read the previous 18 pages making suggestions and I've learned that I am not the only who misses customizable status, or simply, more status to choose among.

Studying, reading/writing mail, surfing the net, watching tv, free for chat,  ... are more interesting status than the existing ones. Even more interesting it would be, if I could write in my own words my current status.

Provided that someone has said that it's impossible, (and I got shocked again when I installed MSN 6 and saw that there are still the same status than in previous versions), I ask 'why??'

Let's say that new status can't be added... isn't it possible to overwrite the existing ones? For example, if I want to go to watch TV... I could overwrite the Away status and make it "Watching TV". Just for fun! I want to make my contacts known where I am or why I am not available without expecting them to tell me something in order to find it out through an auto-message.

Another interesting point about status, this taken from ICQ, is the possibility to make someone see a different status without having to block them (to make them believe you're offline).

So, let's say that tonight I just want to talk with someone in special. I want everybody to see that my status is "Busy", but I want to override such an status for that person (or several people) in particular, so thet will see me "online" and won't know that the rest of my contacts see me as "busy".

I know these two suggestions had already been made, but these are the most important things I would like to have in a future version of Messenger Plus!

.... plus.... the compatibility with MSN 6!!!

RE: Status by billywoods1 on 05-30-2003 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Persephone
I've read the previous 18 pages making suggestions and I've learned that I am not the only who misses customizable status, or simply, more status to choose among.

Impossible. Sorry.

(Well, it's possible, but your contacts won't see them.)

Kasthor - both have been suggested before already a few times, the second one quite recently, so keep your fingers crossed ;)
RE: Suggestions needed!! by overke on 05-30-2003 at 05:56 PM

the ability to have a personalised away message when you're locking msn

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Security on 05-30-2003 at 06:31 PM

I got some Idea's.
Here in the Netherland we got DMSN messenger a program that runs completely over java..
Well It haves some great tools in it.

for example when I play in WINAMP I see in my name what number I am playing.  Realy like that one.
Well he steals tools from Plus! for example the sounds..

Well in a few days I post some things here!

RE: RE: Suggestions needed!! by billywoods1 on 05-30-2003 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the_non_spam_fakedage
Make egg picture which open not only on ur com but everyone ur talking to

Won't be added.

LISTEN PEOPLE - Patchou won't add anything that intrudes on the other person's computer. I reckon the sounds was pushing it, and I also reckon he only added them because you could easily switch them off.

Think of all the modem users that still exist. Well, sending them a 1024x768 picture won't be the best way to make friends with them. I'm a modem user and I know how slow it is just opening those 19x19 emoticons on Messenger 6.
RE: Suggestions needed by Persephone on 05-30-2003 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1

Impossible. Sorry.

(Well, it's possible, but your contacts won't see them.)

If my contacts won't see my customized status line... it makes no sense, it's completely useless.

Oh well! Anyway! Let's vote then for easiest things:

* More sounds: we need to express more emotions, especially, different kinds of laughs. Ah, and they must be more accesible if possible (currently I'm using shortcuts to quickly play the kiss and the evil laugh, the ones I most use). Besides, the sounds should be customizable, and we should be able to add new ones.

* Apply colours and styles in a easier and quicker way... i.e. with buttons.

* Log viewer. The MSN 6 log viewer is a crap. I would prefer the txt file we have now. So, please, keep it or create a worthy log viewer.

* Looking at MSN 6: why don't display a different picture in each chat window if you like?? This way, not all my contacts will see the same picture.

* Thumb-up on the pop-ups for the events.

* Thumb-down on letting people know that you have blocked them. I don't want to be giving explanations to those who I temporally block, or block definitively.

And that's all for now. Can't wait till I have both MSN 6 and Messenger Plus! working together!!
RE: Suggestions needed!! by cherrybomb on 05-30-2003 at 08:37 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked, but my favourite feature of plus! is being able to change your nick colour.

If it was possible to see peoples nick colours in the main MSN messenger window as well as the conversation windows that would be really cool.

RE: Suggestions needed!! by amnesia on 05-30-2003 at 09:01 PM

Oxygen has created a great patch that does a few things that will undoubtedly be included within MSNPlus2.5
One of the features that we have is incorporating a new type of tab that  allows users to view a cusomized Oxygen/MSN website and give them latest news, updates, and downloads.

Basically, my suggestion is to include this tab within Plus as well.

I'de like to talk about this further. Please get in contact with me as soon as possible in order to discuss the proposition.

AmnesiA

RE: Suggestions needed!! by kasthor on 05-30-2003 at 11:35 PM

billywoods1- thanks for your answer :D, i didn't read all the posts before, coz they are a lot, but it's good to know that one is going to be implemented, thanks

persephone - about the status of msn, i will explain you in a few words why can't be done, dunno if explained before

the msn protocol uses numbers for the status for example, online may be represented by 0 and away by 1 be right back by 2( numbers not accurate ),
then the msn protocol uses only the number to pass the status number but not the description of the status, changing this way to work will make it an uncompatible feature for msn, msn servers will reject this kind of feature
its kind of similar  when u install this weedmsn, and when u send a joint a normal-msn user will still see a kiss, because you are sending the code for the kiss not the kiss by itself, when you send a status you send the code of the status, not the status

hasta pronto

kasthor

RE: Suggestions needed!! by Patchou on 05-31-2003 at 03:44 AM

thank you for all the suggestions.. I have enough to occupy myself until the end of the year now :). Thread closed!