Shoutbox

Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) (/showthread.php?tid=13824)

Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 07-29-2003 at 01:04 PM

Hopper generates Messenger sign-in notifications in various ways to draw your contact's attention!

Hopper now has its brand-new website designed by Charlie_su1986! http://www.mnjul.net/hopper/
The readme is inside the website's Help section

Download: Click here
Zip package file: 515,652 Bytes, MD5 Digest: 04A3A47FD4C49CBCA7374810B92D406A

The Installation is completely automatic. If you have any problems, please post.

Changes
--------------

3.04.0275:

• Smart command parser for /xhop and /xhopcnt
    • /xhop and /xhopcnt now takes as arguments the number of toasts, status after hop, delay duration and custom message.
    • The new parser is called "smart" because all the arguments are optional, and the order of them are arbitrary except that the custom message must be placed as the last argument.
    • For example, if you want to Hop 5 times with custom message "Blah", and then change status to the 3rd predefined personalised status, you can run /xhop 5 persostat 3 Blah. Running /xhop persostat 3 5 Blah gets the same results too.
    • To specify the duration of delay (so as to have the effects of /xhopdelay) you should prefix the value of duration of delay with letter d. For example, if you want to hop with custom message "BlahBlah" after delay 3 seconds you should run /xhop d3 BlahBlah.
      And if you want to change your status to away you can run either /xhop away d3 BlahBlah or /xhop d3 away BlahBlah.
    • As a result, /xhoptext, /xhopdelay, /xhopcnttext, /xhopcntdelay are now depreciated and removed from the command list in Plus! plug-in menu. They are still internally supported for people not yet familiar with the new integrated commands.
  • Split-Message function
    • The long-awaited Split-Message function is something quite interesting: You can break your custom toast message into several parts, each of which fits in one toast separately.
    • The delimiter used to separate the message is \d.
    • For example, if you specify "Messenger Plus!\dis the most popular\dadd-on in the world!" as custom message, your contact will see three toasts, "Messenger Plus!", "is the most popular", "add-on in the world" showing up.
    • When Split-Message is used, "Number of Hops" is ignored. For example, if you set a HopKey's "Num of Hops" to 4 and set its toast message to "Blah\dBlah2", only 2 toasts will show, one containing "Blah" and the other "Blah2".
    • Split-Message can be used everywhere in Hopper, whether in HCC, HopKey, Conversation-window command...etc.
    • The order of the toasts can be reversed by adding a DWORD registry "ReverseSplitMessage" as 1 to HKLM\ SOFTWARE\ # Middle Sea\ MPPlugin.HopperHopper.
  • \n, \t can now be used to specify a new line or a tab, respectively, in custom message (wherever it is). To show the symbol \ in custom toast message, you have to type \\.
  • In-program Help has been re-organized.
  • Some other small improvements.

For detailed change logs of previous versions, please refer to Hopper³ - Change Logs.

Bug Report, Suggestions and Others
---------------
If you encountered an error in Hopper and were asked to report it, please take a screenshot of the error message box, and report everything by posting a reply. Please don't forget to write about what you did to raise the problem.
If there are any bugs or suggestions, please reply this thread, or go to my forums. Criticism is welcome too!

Hop!
Mnjul
2006/1/27
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by jenkin2k on 07-29-2003 at 02:26 PM

works like a charm .. thank u

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by Mike on 07-29-2003 at 06:06 PM

Nice one.
But it will be nice to choose the number of the hops...
Like : /xhop 5
It will make five hops...

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by KnightieBoy on 07-29-2003 at 06:19 PM

that would be irritating avon

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by Slack2116 on 07-29-2003 at 07:21 PM

PROBLEM

when i go to instal the hopper program it says
"Run-Time error '53':
file not found

and i downloaded both theprgrams that you recommended.  what should i do.

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by Mnjul on 07-30-2003 at 02:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Avon
Nice one.

No, no and definitely NOT. It would be used to flood :P

quote:
Originally posted by Slack2116
PROBLEM

when i go to instal the hopper program it says
"Run-Time error '53':
file not found

and i downloaded both theprgrams that you recommended.  what should i do.

Did you extract all of the files in the zip file first instead of running the file in the zip file directly?:)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by tomfletcherman on 07-30-2003 at 06:40 PM

wat abotu a hopper that gives any message? nd as many hops as u want, nd amyb multiple boxes?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by Mnjul on 07-31-2003 at 01:59 AM

As for the argument of hopping times, I may be adding them but, with a top-limit of 3 or 4 times.

Well if I get make a progress of nickname changing (without returning /nick) and toast bumping, I'll try to make what tomfletcherman said:)

good feedback(Y)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by foamy_ on 07-31-2003 at 05:30 AM

Okay, Mnjul, you really ARE a genius! Sorry, didnt know I was flooding you! :D

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by s7a5 on 07-31-2003 at 05:42 AM

very useful tool for me (y)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by Lareamond on 07-31-2003 at 05:47 AM

This plugin is a great idea, but it's annoying as hell. I got popup bombed earlier by someone using this plugin... Deleted the bastard :refuck: lol. Is it possible to put a delay between /xhop entries, to cut back on popup flooding?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by Mnjul on 07-31-2003 at 05:51 AM

i'll certainly make it later on:[ (since i got bombed by my OWN plug-in)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by kao on 07-31-2003 at 12:33 PM

Great plugin :) added it as quick text :P but no i dont use it to flood -_-

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by user2319 on 07-31-2003 at 07:26 PM

so.. how many 'hops' are standard?

edit: ah, I see :happy: just once :wink:

Mnjul, would you please let me select my own directory? I use  d:\program files\Messenger plus! 2\Plugins  and now it says 'error'

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by s7a5 on 07-31-2003 at 08:40 PM

Mnjul can u plzz add an option that it works similar to this

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by foamy_ on 07-31-2003 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
i'll certainly make it later on:[ (since i got bombed by my OWN plug-in)

I didnt know I was bombing you :D
--Jamie
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by EvilSeph on 07-31-2003 at 09:32 PM

How about, setting a locked number of hops per 20 minutes, if they want to increase it, they have to email you (Mnjul) with details on why they want it and other information, of something of the sort, I know this would be advanced to do..but please try it, because if someone does this to me, they won't be very happy when something happens. I am evil, I don't...no wait, I absolutely DETEST popup floods...nothing else needs to be said.

Please see if you can implement this into your software, thanks :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! by Mnjul on 08-01-2003 at 01:57 AM

Evilseph: O_o...:p...next time you could try to ask Patchou to do the same thing to Quick Text :p....lol, joke. but the intervel isn't likely to be that long:rolleyes:

stas:Yes I can easily add a 100-time bomber, it's just as simple as adding a for...next, but, not that many of times.:p

quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
so.. how many 'hops' are standard?

edit: ah, I see :happy: just once :wink:

Mnjul, would you please let me select my own directory? I use  d:\program files\Messenger plus! 2\Plugins  and now it says 'error'

(In my opinion, you can hop three times in a row...in every ten minutes or so.)

Plusfan, your error may not come from the directory, since the installer should access the registry of where Plus!'s saved its plug-in directory. Did you get a "run time error" or just a "error" message box?

OK. Conclusion: Once I get the timer things settled down (still can't figure out a better way of how to save the "start" time, or calculate the "passed" time), I'll release a new version. Don't expect a bomber, as the "bomb" will for sure "explode" at most 3 or 4 times each time /xhop [times] is run. I'll release a new installer too, which will show a better progress of installation, providing better debug information.
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Updated 1.0.16) by user2319 on 08-01-2003 at 09:03 AM

or just give me the files :-/

anyway.. if that installer works, I'm happy :happy:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Updated 1.0.16) by Mnjul on 08-01-2003 at 10:31 AM

Well the new installer may indicate where the error occurs...please post about it for me:)
The dll file is what you need to run the plug-in, so if you want to install it manually you can do so. Suggested you read Patchou's document first, though:)

Don't delete this post or my update file will be removed:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Updated 1.0.16) by user2319 on 08-06-2003 at 11:27 AM

I think it works now.. I'm not 'root' atm, so i'll try later :happy:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Updated 1.0.16) by Mnjul on 08-06-2003 at 05:54 PM

If there are no major or minor or slight problems, a new version may be released today or tomorrow (I should be sleeping as it's 2:00 am now, and haven't started it yet at all). It may have single-contact notification, as the flood protection function will still be on.

Don't delete this post or my update information will be removed:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Updated 1.0.18) by Mnjul on 09-20-2003 at 01:36 AM

(Sorry for bringing up this old thread:P)
Unfortunately...there is only a small update and it is not a necessary update if you don't encounter strange unexpected errors with hopper (such as 1. Runtime error; 2. You can't hop more than once) with 1.0.16.

By the way, Hopper hasn't been made sure to be compatible with Windows Messenger 5, and the leaked MSN Messenger 6.1 beta.

Edit: Don't delete this post, the attachment is used for HTML Readme to indicate the current version number of Hopper.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by Mnjul on 09-27-2003 at 09:17 AM

Take a look, take a look! At the first post of this thread!

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by Underlord on 09-27-2003 at 09:37 AM

quote:
By the way, Hopper hasn't been made sure to be compatible with Windows Messenger 5, and the leaked MSN Messenger 6.1 beta.

Neat plugin :)
Seems to work fine fine with MSN Messenger 6.1 on my comp but dosent work at all on Windows Messenger 5
keep up the good work :D

[Edit] Yay you worked out how to do my idea with the toasts :banana: and i didnt even get any credit :P [/Edit]
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by KnightieBoy on 09-27-2003 at 09:50 AM

hmm...downloading...updating...using....WORKING :D (Y) nice Mnjul :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by Underlord on 09-27-2003 at 09:51 AM

I just noticed the new one only seems to work once on msn messenger 6.1 then it dosent go offline and come back on anymore...
although with the toasts the nick still seems to change :(

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by KnightieBoy on 09-27-2003 at 09:55 AM

I thought Mnjul built in a flood-protection, maybe thats why it only seems to work once, wait 10 minutes and then try it again...
Mnjul: correct me if I'm wrong (A)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by Underlord on 09-27-2003 at 09:57 AM

I'll see...
thanx :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by KnightieBoy on 09-27-2003 at 10:04 AM

quote:
Since 1.0.10:
Changes preventing Hopper from being used to flood.

there you go... :)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by Underlord on 09-27-2003 at 10:05 AM

Why does it have flood protection?
If you want to piss ppl off you can get like hundreds of programs to flood or you can use hotkeys :undecided:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by Mnjul on 09-27-2003 at 12:21 PM

No, I don't remove the anti-flood protection. Freely find a way to crack or bypass it (don't post it publicly though:P), but please don't challenge my insistence...:) And yeah, if one wants to piss people off, he can flood with hundreds of programs, but my Hopper just isn't one of the hundreds of programs.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by segosa on 09-27-2003 at 01:39 PM

Mnjul, I think you've ruined it. Now that it has protection its ruined. I am not going to be upgrading to this one, I'm gonna stick with the first version that I have now.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by user2319 on 09-27-2003 at 04:02 PM

I like the new version :happy:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by BooGhost on 09-29-2003 at 02:13 AM

i think it's a very sueful idea ;)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by sock on 09-29-2003 at 11:17 PM

Ummm.... Mn? :) How about an option to set the interval between going offline and online?

I really don't care about multiple hops, I just want to hop once - but I want to have something like a 3-seconds interval between going offline and going online again.

The reason I want this is for when I go out of Personalized Status. I wanna make sure that MsgPlus changes my Display Name back to the original form (without the persostat name tag) before I go online again. You dig me? :-/

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by Mnjul on 09-30-2003 at 01:07 AM

Yes I understand you. May be included in next version;)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by chris on 09-30-2003 at 01:20 AM

Hey i though this was already a feature but i guess its not umm an option so like it would pop "Someone" in toast 1 "Please" in toast 2 and "Talk 2 Me" in toast 3 :D that would be nice!

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by Huuf on 09-30-2003 at 05:24 AM

PM me if you want to know how to encrypt the dll files (to prevent bypassing several rules)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by sock on 09-30-2003 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Yes I understand you. May be included in next version;)
May be included?!?

You don't want me to be forced to use StuffPlug, do you? :dodgy: :blah:
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.26) by Mnjul on 10-01-2003 at 01:29 AM

:blah!:

I have plenty to do besides things related to computers after I get over with my flu...

well /xhopdl [seconds] will be included if the "lag" doesn't mean any hang to messenger or plus:P

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
PM me if you want to know how to encrypt the dll files (to prevent bypassing several rules)
Thanks Huuf, if nothing hinders me from releasing a new major version, I will contact you soon;)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.29) by Underlord on 10-03-2003 at 08:49 PM

What about a feature that only hops for a certain person using blocking and unblocking?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.29) by Mnjul on 10-03-2003 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
What about a feature that only hops for a certain person using blocking and unblocking?
I've thought about it before already, but I am still considering if I should implement it or not:)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.29) by chris on 10-03-2003 at 10:30 PM

You didn't mention anythign about multiple messages in them.. do you knwo what i mean? liek when 3 ppl sign in it will say
Jon has just signed in
ben has just signed in
and don has just signed in
well like what if a feater to change ur nick inbetween goin online and offline? so it would say
           I'm
has jsut signed in

Bored
has just signed in
i think it owuld be cool:p what about evryone els?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.29) by Mnjul on 10-04-2003 at 12:41 AM

That could be very annoying if you want to say "Hi folks, I just got a new computer today!"

Let me consider:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (New feature added: 1.1.29) by Underlord on 10-04-2003 at 02:32 AM

If i changed the file name of the dll and registered it as that would it still work?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Bug fixes: 1.1.32) by Mnjul on 10-10-2003 at 03:58 AM

A major new version of Hopper 2.0 has been coded. It's being tested by some testers selected by me soon (however, please don't ask me about how to become a tester:P), and expected to be released between Plus! 2.5's beta and final release.
The new version includes the following new features:

• Hop 'on' a contact: Allows you to block/unblock a contact in a row. That way, only the contact can see the toast.
  • /xhopdl /xhopto command also applies for Hop 'on' a contact function.
  • Advertise for Hopper command:P
  • A command that brings up Messenger's Tools\Options\General page.
  • Uninstaller
  • Coding improvement
  • HTML-ized readme documentation
  • Others...

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Bug fixes: 1.1.32) by user2319 on 10-10-2003 at 05:37 AM

good (Y)

we'll see :happy:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by Mnjul on 10-28-2003 at 11:58 AM

So...Hopper 2 has been released, with quite a few new functions...
Take a look at the first post if you want the update. (Plus! 2.5 required)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by ke11ett on 10-28-2003 at 09:54 PM

on the /xhopto command you shoudl add another newline command as you can still see the top of the text at the bottom of the window

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by dom. on 10-28-2003 at 10:12 PM

quote:
You are allowed to use /xhop commands only once in every time minutes. I.e., if you type /xhop 3, in the next ten minutes you can't run any of the /xhop commands, excluding /xhop about.
:huh: Im sure that doesnt make sense, did you mean ten minutes?
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by Slack2116 on 10-29-2003 at 02:22 AM

Stuffplug has one of these.  so thats what i use.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by Mnjul on 10-29-2003 at 11:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ke11ett
on the /xhopto command you shoudl add another newline command as you can still see the top of the text at the bottom of the window
Really? Could you give a screenshot? I'd really appreciate it;)

quote:
Originally posted by Raddie
:huh: Im sure that doesnt make sense, did you mean ten minutes?
Didn't I say the duration has been decreased in 1.1 ~ 2.0 version history:P

quote:
Originally posted by Slack2116
Stuffplug has one of these.  so thats what i use.
:)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by Predatory Kangaroo on 10-29-2003 at 11:53 AM

Raddie, what I think he means is that it will execute "/xhop 3" like normal, then nothing but "/xhop about" (from that plugin at least) will work for the next ten minutes

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by dom. on 10-29-2003 at 12:46 PM

aha, thanks :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by ke11ett on 10-29-2003 at 08:01 PM

[Image: example.jpg]

see at the bottom you can just see the top of the has just signed in

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by BooGhost on 10-30-2003 at 04:35 AM

quote:
[Image: example.jpg]

very Dodgy... and i really doubt it's the plug-in fault :-/

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by Mnjul on 10-30-2003 at 11:30 AM

quote:

First of all, there are 5 linebreaks added after the Custom Message for /xhopto(onto) command. If it's not enough I'd just add more:P

I see you are using Windows Messenger...perhaps it matters too.

Will take a look into this later, thanks for the information;)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Major update: 2.0.60) by DarKnight on 10-30-2003 at 12:38 PM

This is my first time trying your plug-in out, Mnjul.

Your plug-in is very stable, and fun to use. I hope you keep up the great work, because so far this plug-in rules.

Also annoys people too. :P

My fault though. Lol. :(

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Bug fix: 2.0.62) by Mnjul on 11-01-2003 at 04:51 PM

quote:
First of all, there are 5 linebreaks added after the Custom Message for /xhopto(onto) command. If it's not enough I'd just add more:P

I see you are using Windows Messenger...perhaps it matters too.

Will take a look into this later, thanks for the information;)
The bug is fixed. Yeah, in Windows Messenger it seems that more linebreaks are needed...so it's 8 now :banana:
Thanks for reporting!

quote:
Originally posted by DarKnight
This is my first time trying your plug-in out, Mnjul.

Your plug-in is very stable, and fun to use. I hope you keep up the great work, because so far this plug-in rules.

Also annoys people too. :P

My fault though. Lol. :(
Thanks a lot!!(Y)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Post-Final Beta: 2.0.77) by Mnjul on 11-07-2003 at 03:25 PM

A Beta version has been released. Though some new things have been added, I don't have much time to test them and debug. Hence I ask all of you who are willing to help me to test the new version for me...

To report a bug, you must...

• Provide your Windows, MSN Messenger (or/with Windows Messenger), Messenger Plus!, Hopper version. All are required.
  • If applicable, provide your contacts' MSN Messenger (or/with Windows Messenger), Messenger Plus!, Hopper version.
  • (recommended as far as I may need it) Upload a screenshot.

Please note: If you don't want to help me with Hopper, Please do not download this beta version due to its unknown harmfulness. You can find a stable version Here.
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Post-Final Beta: 2.0.77) by BooGhost on 11-07-2003 at 10:54 PM

downloading coz i will try to help :banana:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Post-Final Beta: 2.0.80) by Mnjul on 11-08-2003 at 12:36 PM

Thanks, BooGhost...but as you can see in the thread http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=17853, I am quite stuffed:(

The whole package has been updated, DLL updated, Un/Installer updated, Readme updated:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (And here it is, 2.10.88 !) by Mnjul on 11-22-2003 at 02:54 AM

What should I say...?

It's finally released...!
Special thanks to Choli!

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (And here it is, 2.10.90 !) by Mnjul on 11-29-2003 at 03:13 PM

Well...:P

What's next?
I've asked some people who use Hopper, and nah, they don't use every single function Hopper has (of course). Some use /xhop, some /xhopto, and some like /xhopon while sock himself uses /xhopdl very much. Hopper provides quite a few functions through running the same commands with different arguments, as few people can memorize them all (and I don't want to give a full detailed list in Plus!\Plugins\Hopper)
It occurred to me that I could make a visualized control center, and users just have to type only one single command when they can't remember the exact command and argument they want to run...not only is the problem simplified, but the users can run commands more WYSIWYG - lots can be done through a couple of mouse clicks.

What does it look like?
It's been released, so download and see for yourself;)

When will it be done?
The progress now is:
Visual parts:99%
Codes:99%
Integration:99%
Outside-Code: 99%
I could've finished it on this weekend as my midterms are over, but...eh, our *censored* Engilsh teacher just *censored* assign me as the *censored* leader of the *censored* English playlet director/playwright (the whole thing is so *censored*) ...That means, all the work is to be paused (that's why I am posting this message) for 1 month or so. Just want to tell you I have the idea;)

How do I know the exact progress?
Go to my forums and locate this thread.

Can I make some suggestions?
Feel free to reply:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (And here it is, 2.10.90 !) by dotNorma on 11-29-2003 at 05:14 PM

Id be glad to create one of my famous windows for you in my classic l33t paint :D. Just tell me so and im on it ;)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=14...d=117081#pid117081 << Mnjuls advanced nickname changer has been fullfilled as my own creation now :D See all my n00b-ness with those suggestions?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (And here it is, 2.10.90 !) by Animefan on 12-21-2003 at 12:46 PM

Where is the link to download ? :$

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (And here it is, 2.10.90 !) by Mnjul on 12-21-2003 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animefan
Where is the link to download ? :$
Download the attachment of the the very first post:)

Or you can go here as well: http://plugins.msgplus.net/down/?action=file&id=53 (The file is hosted by ranicx:))
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (And here it is, 2.10.90 !) by Animefan on 12-21-2003 at 02:28 PM

Don't care who host's it, as long as I can get it :P
Animefan thinks its nice of RanicX to leave a dead link to the plug-in *-)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.131 is here!) by Mnjul on 12-24-2003 at 03:17 PM

Merry Christmas folks

And here is your Christmas gift:) Please go to the first post:)
The English Playlet Contest is to be put on tomorrow, please wish me good lucks ;)

p.s. I plan to submit this version to mess.be, so if you have any suggestions/problems or other comments, please reply before the New Year:)

Have fun with new Hopper:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.131 is here!) by Tochjo on 12-24-2003 at 03:22 PM

Thanks for this new version, will try right now :D
Good luck with your playlet - I mean, really, really good luck ;)
Merry Christmas :D

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.131 is here!) by Jeronimo on 12-24-2003 at 03:53 PM

Ok a few problems...

Basically if you look at the attached screenie, you will see that for some reason the options are black, with grey text on them. When I do actually select them, the text is also changed to black so I can't actually read the text.

Also from the picture, you will see that it seems that the options only apply to "Perform a hop on the contacts I am talking to", when surely it applies to only the top option?

The "Hop X times" box is missing the top of the box.

Finally, in the Update box, it would be nice if it saved the information instead of having to click Check for Hopper Update each time, and maybe have a Last Checked for update feature?

Other than these few problems, the control centre is a welcome new feature.

Merry Xmas Mnjul!! :)

[Image: attachment.php?tid=13824&pid=182360]

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.131 is here!) by Mnjul on 12-24-2003 at 04:09 PM

Jeronimo: Thanks for the comments:)
Read the Readme file's FAQ section and you'll find out things about the black controls - However, I supposed they shouldn't appear if you use original XP's visual style. Don't worry, I've come up with an alternative.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
Also from the picture, you will see that it seems that the options only apply to "Perform a hop on the contacts I am talking to", when surely it applies to only the top option?
I don't know how to make users think "Oh, the frame applies to the two radio boxes!"... Still I'll have to think more over:) As well, there are natual limitations about the exclusivity among Hop times/Change status to/Hop with Text/Hope with Delay. What Hopper can do is the funcions that aren't grayed.:)

quote:
Finally, in the Update box, it would be nice if it saved the information instead of having to click Check for Hopper Update each time, and maybe have a Last Checked for update feature?
You have to click the button due to security issues, as you can see in the window. (That implies no auto-check will be included too)

As for the last checked for update feature -> I like it ;) (Y) You'll see it in next version:)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.131 is here!) by Jeronimo on 12-24-2003 at 04:33 PM

I will have a play around with this a bit more later. I am more busy than usual with it being Christmas! :)

Its my bad for not reading the FAQ, but when I did open it up in Firebird, it displays incorrectly!! Works fine in IE. Check the attachment and you'll see what I mean!

[Image: attachment.php?tid=13824&pid=182373]

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.131 is here!) by ranicx on 12-24-2003 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animefan
Don't care who host's it, as long as I can get it :P
Animefan thinks its nice of RanicX to leave a dead link to the plug-in *-)

sorry bout that.. i couldnt do anything about it. my host was haveing problems, then changeing over to a brand new server.. its only just recently back up.. although i cant get to my site cause telstra is being a dick and it wont work for me, but does work for other ppl.. neway hopefuly there shouldnt be any down time for a long time to come..
i realy am sorry about the down time.. i too dint like it

[edit: w00t! , i can get to it now ;) ]
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.131 is here!) by Mnjul on 12-25-2003 at 12:23 AM

quote:
I will have a play around with this a bit more later. I am more busy than usual with it being Christmas! :)

Its my bad for not reading the FAQ, but when I did open it up in Firebird, it displays incorrectly!! Works fine in IE. Check the attachment and you'll see what I mean!

[Image: attachment.php?tid=13824&pid=182373]
Readme using the special <div> tags, I think it can only be viewed in IE....That's why you can view multiple pages in only one .html document:) yuou wouldn't want a readme with lots of html documents...
but, I'm trying to solve it;) I am not using a browser besides IE, so please tell me if the newer version's readme is viewable for you, with Opera, Firebird, Netscape...etc.

I am at school now and I'll fix everything up when I get home!
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.136 is here!) by Mnjul on 12-25-2003 at 01:17 PM

About the English Playlet: My class put on a great drama and now we are qualified for the finals:)

Oh, more important...
Changes are made and Hopper 2.20.136 is released. Read the first post and I hope you will be happy:)
As well, if you have Hopper 2.20.131 installed already, you should see Check-for-update work in Hopper Control Center, showing the correct Latest Hopper Version:)

Cheers mate (B) If you've got anything to comment, just do it...nonetheless, about the exclusivity among the operations: No comments on that if you don't want me to die (My term-project of Computer Science will be MSN Zone Game: Minesweeper (Man vs Com or Man vs Man)...but running in C++'s console mode - what a terrible assignment:P)

Oh...no (B), I shouldn't drink:)...let's get some coffee (C)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.136 is here!) by Tochjo on 12-26-2003 at 09:38 AM

quote:
please tell me if the newer version's readme is viewable for you, with Opera, Firebird, Netscape...etc.
Ehm... Nope. I'm using Mozilla 1.5 and it displays like visible on the attachment. It looks better than the previous one (looked like the screenshot Jeronimo posted), but it's still not usable. Links don't work and lay-out is screwed up.

[Image: attachment.php?tid=13824&pid=182747]
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.136 is here!) by Mnjul on 12-26-2003 at 11:22 AM

A new pack (with updated Readme.html) has been uploaded: Please see if the link problem is solved...as for the screwed-up layout: I think I've used enough-standardized CSS properties, so... live with it for now:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.136 is here!) by user2319 on 12-26-2003 at 11:28 AM

it doesn't works good in Opera, but it works better then the mozilla screen shot shows...

I can't scroll in: "Usage - /xhopsend" and the page begins at the end, which means I can only read a few lines.

FAQ and Feedback show nothing (:rolleyes:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.136 is here!) by Mnjul on 12-26-2003 at 11:43 AM

Omg it's bad...:(
Until someone finds a solution for me (well, i don't know what's going on myself:(), my final suggestion is...: Right click on Readme.html, and open it with Internet Explorer:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.136 is here!) by Tochjo on 12-26-2003 at 12:47 PM

The screw-up has been reduced; I can now click the links and view the text, though there is still a minor lay-out problem in Mozilla. Nice work though ;)

[Image: attachment.php?tid=13824&pid=182767]

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.136 is here!) by Jeronimo on 12-26-2003 at 02:36 PM

Although the readme is still not perfect, it is much improved. Well done (y)

Nice to see you have fixed those graphics bugs, and the control centre is much better looking as regards the layout.

Very well done on this release :gfdrin:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.138 is here!) by Redrider2k2 on 01-09-2004 at 02:48 AM

Why is it when I hop on one of my contacts it shows "dl o" at the end of whatever message I write?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.138 is here!) by Mnjul on 01-09-2004 at 12:04 PM

Redrider2k2, would you like to give me a screenshot?;)

Or let me try to decribe your problem...8-)
Does your "toast" look like this?

Your message (a few linebreaks) dl o

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.138 is here!) by Redrider2k2 on 01-09-2004 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Redrider2k2, would you like to give me a screenshot?;)

Or let me try to decribe your problem...8-)
Does your "toast" look like this?

Your message (a few linebreaks) dl o

I dont think I can get you a screenshot because it is my contacts that are seeing it. But I think it looks somthing like what you described.
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.138 is here!) by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 01:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Redrider2k2
I dont think I can get you a screenshot because it is my contacts that are seeing it. But I think it looks somthing like what you described.
Well still let me ask you one more question;)

What language is your contact Messenger in? More specifically, what is his/her Messenger's text for "(contact name) has just signed in" in an online toast?

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.138 is here!) by Redrider2k2 on 01-10-2004 at 02:52 AM

quote:
quote:
Well still let me ask you one more question;)

What language is your contact Messenger in? More specifically, what is his/her Messenger's text for "(contact name) has just signed in" in an online toast?

Well I know my contacts and myself use English but I'm not sure I follow you with the "More specifically, what is his/her Messenger's text for "(contact name) has just signed in" in an online toast?"^o)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.138 is here!) by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 02:57 AM

quote:
Well I know my contacts and myself use English
Well it's enough, thanks for the information;)

For now I regard the problem the same as this one: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=13...d=154330#pid154330 . If 8 linebreaks are not enough still, I will just put more linebreaks in the next version. Yet it would be better if your contact could provide a screenshot;)

Thanks for the reporting!
RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Either you are happy or not, 2.20.138 is here!) by Redrider2k2 on 01-10-2004 at 03:03 AM

quote:
quote:
Well I know my contacts and myself use English
Well it's enough, thanks for the information;)

For now I regard the problem the same as this one: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=13...d=154330#pid154330 . If 8 linebreaks are not enough still, I will just put more linebreaks in the next version. Yet it would be better if your contact could provide a screenshot;)

Thanks for the reporting!

I dont think it's quite the same as that. The "dl o" appears immediatly after whatever message I send.:S
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.148 is here!) by Mnjul on 01-12-2004 at 06:06 PM

A new version has been released. It contains some bug fixes and new features. Please read the first post.

And Redrider2k2, I hope the internal code change could solve your problem. If not, please tell me...(I'd appreciate a screenshot:))

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.148 is here!) by Redrider2k2 on 01-13-2004 at 08:42 AM

I downloaded the latest version and my contacts still see the same thing. I managed to get one of them to send me a screenshot of what they see. This should only say "Travis" but it has "dl o" on the end. Somthing tells me it has somthing to do with the delay time being zero...But that's just a guess:S

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.148 is here!) by Mnjul on 01-13-2004 at 08:48 AM

Oh! I really appreciate the screenshot! It's "dl 0"
Hmm...perhaps I know where the problem is:)

Does that happens when you use Hopper Control Center or direct /xhop(on)to commands...or both?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.148 is here!) by Redrider2k2 on 01-13-2004 at 08:53 AM

Well that shot is from when I use /xhopcc. I never really tried another way. I use /xhop somtimes but never asked anyone if I get the same problem.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.148 is here!) by Mnjul on 01-13-2004 at 09:16 AM

Thanks! I've successfully reproduced the bug. This will be fixed as soon as I find adequate time;)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.148 is here!) by Redrider2k2 on 01-13-2004 at 09:18 AM

Awesome! Thanks man(Y)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.149 is here!) by Mnjul on 01-13-2004 at 11:29 AM

It's been released almost two hours ago. Please download and see for yourself;)

As I have to work on my personal site when the winter vacation begins, there will be no major code changes unless serious issues happen:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.149 is here!) by Jeronimo on 01-17-2004 at 01:46 AM

If I was being perdantic, I would say when hopping on a contact using the control centre, you are only allowed to do this 3 times yet in the hop options you can see 1-5 listed in the drop down box. (you can only select 1-3 tho).

Is this a limitation of having one drop down box to select 2 different ranges? If so, I can live with it. Hopper is excellent since you introduced the Control Centre. I can use it more without having to remember loads of commands! :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.149 is here!) by Mnjul on 01-17-2004 at 02:57 AM

Sorry, Jeronimo, I know the readme doesn't work for you but it's mentioned in the Readme, change logs...:P Still you can find the change logs in the first post of this thread:)

Yep, it's a limitation that you can only have three /xhopon's toward the same contact in a row (and it takes about 9 seconds). Actually I'd say it's a limitation from Microsoft: .net messenger services seem to have a great anti- block/unblock flood.:)

Thanks for your concern;)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.149 is here!) by Jeronimo on 01-17-2004 at 03:20 AM

I am not sure we are quite talking about the same thing :)

I understand that you can only hop on the contacts 3 times. I was saying that the drop down box says 1-5, when it should say 1-3 when hop on contacts is selected. See attached screenie. Or am I being dumb, and you just told me that? :undecided:

I'm glad that you added this ability to hop upto 3 times on a contact tho with a custom message using the control centre. Hours of fun tells ya! ;)

Finally, I can read the readme now. Its still not perfect, but its certainly usable. Apologies for not checking it first :gfdrin:

[Image: attachment.php?tid=13824&pid=191910]

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.149 is here!) by Mnjul on 01-17-2004 at 03:35 AM

Oh that's it...I am too lazy to make two combo boxes (the drop down list), so i use the 1~5 list for /xhopon...you know that when you select 4 or 5, HCC automatically changes it to 3:)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.149 is here!) by mad_scientist on 03-09-2004 at 11:36 PM

I downloaded the program.
I run the installer .. no errors
but when i launch msn, it is as if the plugin doesnt exist. msgplus doesnt see it.  can somebody help me?? and btw i checked, the plugin dll is in the correct folder, i dont know what registery settings are in play so i cant check them :s
plz help i want this plugin
i am running win xp sp1, msn messenger 6.1, msgplus 2.54, and i hope u can help me :'(

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Coz I feel happy coz of a girl recently, 2.20.149 is here!) by Mnjul on 03-10-2004 at 09:59 AM

My installer should do all the following jobs, but if it fails for some reason, here are something you may want to check/do manually:

1. You should have this registry key when you run regedit.exe:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins -> Hopper (The value thould be MPPlugin.Hopper)
If the registry key isn't there, simply create one.

2. If the registry is there and the DLL file is in the folder too, you may have to do this:
2-1. run cmd, locate your Plus! plugin directory (usually cd C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins)
2-2. run regsvr32.exe /s MPPluginHop.exe

3. Still, if none of above worked...Do you have any other plugins installed? Have you ever uninstalled MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger without taking proper uninstallation steps?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Long-gone is still near if you miss it...2.20.151 awaits you by Mnjul on 03-22-2004 at 01:44 PM

Well, mad_scientist, is your problem fixed? Well, I don't know...:S

A new update is released, with very minor fixes. I'm counting on new Plus! release to see if there are significant changes in plugin interface that would be "interesting" or contributing to Hopper;)

Edit: oh well, if you guys always wondered what on earth the thread title meant: this time the title is for my jigglypuff (oh well, people who have known my display picture know what this is about) :(

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Long-gone is still near if you miss it...2.20.151 awaits you!) by mad_scientist on 03-22-2004 at 03:49 PM

it still dont work ..
ill give u ppl more detailed info about my setup:
msn 6.1.0221
msgplus 2.54.74
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
plugins: Handwriting enabler
nowplayin v2.0 by DJmystic and lareamond
stuffplug by Djmystic
mike's l33tifier
and i have games.mess.be mod << i tried plugin without this installed

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Long-gone is still near if you miss it...2.20.153 awaits you!) by Mnjul on 03-23-2004 at 04:19 PM

Have you tried reinstalling Visual Basic runtime file?:)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Re...-US/vbrun60sp5.exe

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Long-gone is still near if you miss it...2.20.153 awaits you!) by TheFrank on 04-10-2004 at 11:15 PM

but dude, you can only use hopper once, like when you do /xhop (1 threw 5), you cant do it another time, so thats why i figure stuff plug is better then hopper :refuck:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Long-gone is still near if you miss it...2.20.153 awaits you!) by Mnjul on 04-11-2004 at 02:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrank
but dude, you can only use hopper once, like when you do /xhop (1 threw 5), you cant do it another time, so thats why i figure stuff plug is better then hopper :refuck:
Why you need to hop more than once in 5 minutes? Because you want to annoy others...:refuck: And, Hopper is not used to annoy others:D. (No offense, DJDude if you are reading this, I'm not saying that StuffPlug is intended to be used to annoy others:P)

Well, Tell you some news...
The new version is being coded (if you have me on your contact list you are likely to notice it in my nick). The good thing is that it came with an even better installer (Screenshot). One of the bad thing is that the final installation pack, I assume, will increase several hundreds of KBs in size (I don't think all of you have MFC 7 runtime installed on your computer, so I'll bundle it). Another bad thing is that Hopper Control Center is a bit messed up now (because I want to see better access to Options when you use new Plus!' Plugin Configuration feature). Its functionality hasn't changed, yet in the new version it has four windows -> One for About, One for Help, One for Operation and One for Options/Update. Of course, the Operation window, which is used the most often, is still so easy to get that you still only have to run /xhopcc to call it. I hope you'll get used to it :)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Long-gone is still near if you miss it...2.20.153 awaits you!) by TheFrank on 04-11-2004 at 02:13 AM

well, dude, i would liek to have you on my msn list, but you didnt give me ur e-mail, and plus, you wouldnt add me anyways, cuz i annoy ppl wit stuff plug, so much, i have to block ppl:refuck:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Long-gone is still near if you miss it...2.20.153 awaits you!) by .:[stormsystems]:. on 05-02-2004 at 09:20 PM

umm hooper in the settings bit do youu program vb and if yes how to you gett he rounded controls (frames) :D

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Long-gone is still near if you miss it...2.20.153 awaits by Mnjul on 05-03-2004 at 09:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .:[stormsystems]:.
umm hooper in the settings bit do youu program vb and if yes how to you gett he rounded controls (frames) :D

Here you go...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=237317]
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (Long-gone is still near if you miss it...2.20.153 awaits you!) by .:[stormsystems]:. on 05-03-2004 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Here you go...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=237317]
but how would i make it rounded
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (The bolder, the easter.) by Mnjul on 05-24-2004 at 02:00 PM

OK guys, the new version has been released. Is it possible for me now to take a break? :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Varish on 05-24-2004 at 03:06 PM

Sure Mnjul, you can take a break, but i like to report a serious problem with Hopper (new version, ofcourse).

After i downloaded it, everythin' worked fine, installed sucessfuly.
I restarted Messenger and guess what, i can't open it anymore. When i try to open MSN, the icon appars in the task bar, but nothin' happpens, and when i double click it, the famous Send/Don't send error msg pops up after a while. I restarted my comp and that didnt help, untill i deleted the plugin from the Plugin's file.

Any ideas? I really love this plugin.

I'm usin' Win XP pro SP2
              MSN Messenger (latest)
              Win Messenger (latest)
              Messenger Plus! 3

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 05-24-2004 at 03:15 PM

Sorry but are you very sure that this problem is caused by Hopper? That's pretty strange...

Anyone else?

By the way, I see you are using XPSP2 which is still in RC phase...would that be a reason too?

I just don't have the slightest idea, sorry...

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Varish on 05-24-2004 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Sorry but are you very sure that this problem is caused by Hopper?

Yes, im 100% sure, cuz deletin it, fixed the prob!!

quote:
By the way, I see you are using XPSP2 which is still in RC phase...would that be a reason too?

Hmm......im not sure, but i never had a prob. with it yet.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Jeronimo on 05-24-2004 at 04:21 PM

Its working well for me here!

Mnjul - congrats on the new readme. Was very pleasantly surprised to see its finally Firefox friendly (y)

quote:
OK guys, the new version has been released. Is it possible for me now to take a break? :)
I can't work out the easter egg, even with whatever that crazy hidden message is supposed to mean :undecided:
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Varish on 05-24-2004 at 04:23 PM

I really want this Plugin, and by the way, the Unstaller dont work either after installing the plugin. And there's a easter egg????? i want it more now

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Jeronimo on 05-24-2004 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chloe
I really want this Plugin, and by the way, the Unstaller dont work either after installing the plugin.
You tried the usual, reinstall of Plus and MSN Messenger? Try installing the plugin with Messenger closed. I can't see any real reason why its not working properly :undecided:
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe
And there's a easter egg????? i want it more now
quote:
An Easter Egg has been added. It's a special argument for /xhop.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 05-25-2004 at 01:20 AM

I am really baffled now..I don't see any reason why it would crash your Messenger as no one has reported this problem ever before. By the way, are you using a skinned Messenger? :)

As for the Easter Egg...8-) If you are really as old (sorry for using this word, but you sure are older than me:P) as your profile says, Jeronimo, it's normal that you don't know it...:P :P :P

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Varish on 05-25-2004 at 04:54 AM

quote:
By the way, are you using a skinned Messenger?

Yes, im ustin EvilSeph's Skin.....im gonna get an orginal MSN now........and also, as the problem was MSN not startin' after a restart i tried a Plugin reloader, and........Crashed. :(

Edit: Didn't work, and i give up.....just tried it on MSN Messenger 6.1 and it produced the same results. Now im out of ideas and hope. :(
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 05-25-2004 at 09:34 AM

What other Messenger addon or Plus! plugins have you installed? :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Jeronimo on 05-25-2004 at 10:33 AM

quote:
As for the Easter Egg...8-) If you are really as old (sorry for using this word, but you sure are older than me:P) as your profile says, Jeronimo, it's normal that you don't know it...:P :P :P
I'd have gotten it if it wasn't for you pesky kids :blah:

Looks like I'll have to leave it to the younger generation to get. :P

Chloe - have you another computer you can try it on? Maybe its clashing with another plugin like Mnjul suggests. Or maybe there is something else on your computer that conflicts with it? Maybe try and close other programs before running Messenger. Not really sure what else tere is to do :undecided:
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.167: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Varish on 05-25-2004 at 11:31 AM

HandWriting Enabler
PluginReloader by TheBlasphemer
Status saver by DJMystic
Stuffplug by DJMystic
WMPlus 2

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Joe on 06-03-2004 at 12:47 AM

i'm having the same problem Mnjul

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by jimbobmanor on 06-03-2004 at 06:03 AM

Does this Popup Maker work in Windows Messenger - 4???

And if not is it possible you could make one for Messenger 4?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 06-03-2004 at 09:33 AM

Yep it is supposed to work with Windows Messenger 4.7, without any problems :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Vilkku on 06-04-2004 at 09:03 PM

Crashes my MSN too, I can't uninstall it. I have StuffPlug-NG, Stuffplug by DJMystic, WMPlus 2, TabbedMSN and Audiator 3. I am not using any ohter add-on and I am not using any skins.

EDIT: Works now, I had to reboot. The un-install option on the installer is also available now.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Sianoube on 06-12-2004 at 09:43 AM

I can't get the attachment to work. It doesn't come in a zip file? Because it is in a type of file I can't get to work. Do I have to copy it someplace? If yes, where?

Thankyou,
Help is greatly appreciated... :D:P:);)(H)*-)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Tochjo on 06-12-2004 at 09:48 AM

It does come in a zip file, which is attached to the first post and can also be downloaded by clicking here. Make sure you have a program capable of extracting zip files.

Extract the files, open the Installer file and follow the instructions on the screen.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by steff_w on 06-18-2004 at 06:08 PM

it isnt letting me download it plz help!!

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 06-18-2004 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steff_w
it isnt letting me download it plz help!!

What? This link does work for me :S
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=112825
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Aussiemale8 on 06-19-2004 at 03:45 AM

:Sim not to sure what the hopper  does     only that u can change ur status and a few other things  to attract attention ,  this feature  doesnt seem to work with msn msger 6.2   comes up with some sort of  error  msg   it says  if u are not trying to use a command  put //  in front of the  text    or not reconized  command  ,   anyone else having this problem with msn msger 6.2+   sorry  for being a silly aussie    , :|

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 06-19-2004 at 04:18 AM

Is Hopper enabled in your Plus!? (Plus!\Preferences\Plugins) :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Aussiemale8 on 06-19-2004 at 04:30 AM

:S yep its enabled  and  puts  text in a msger window  ,  i managed to get it to change status  once and then just restette  back to normal , the other plugins seem to work exept one  every time i boot up it says  cant  use video  cause  ur web tv is in use  , lol i dont have web tv  ,  has to be something to do with the plugins because ive never got that msg b4 i installed em ,  (the plugins)  ive  proberly got a conflict somewhere  , i'll see if i can find it later  ,  can u post me a test command here  for the  Hopper    and i'll copy & paste it see if it  it works  then 

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 06-19-2004 at 04:48 AM

Just try /xhopcc. If you see a window brought up, everything is fine...if it doesn't, something is wrong - as Hopper is enabled and you see it added in Plus!\Plugins menu, right? :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Aussiemale8 on 06-19-2004 at 05:22 AM

:S worked  i set it to 5 times  and put in some text  it only changed once   , if i put delay  it grays out the send text   , im thinking i must be doing somthing wrong somewhere   as  i dont understand its full use  i thought it would  change my status  back and forth  ,    :$

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Martijn. on 06-19-2004 at 10:06 AM

Hopper gets unloaded everytime I restart Messenger*-)

Any clues why?

Windows: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger: 6.1.0211
Messenger Plus: 3.01.0094

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 06-19-2004 at 10:18 AM

Aussiemale8: Sorry but...some functions are just exclusive. And about "it only changed once", would you give me more information? :)

Martijn (or whatever it calls, I am not familiar with 1337 nicks :P): Would you uninstall all the other Messenger Plus! plugins, restart your computer and tell me if Hopper is still disabled?
I am quite confused with all happening, from Chloe to atownjoe2004 to you...8-) perhaps I'll consult Pachi :D

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Martijn. on 06-19-2004 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Martijn (or whatever it calls, I am not familiar with 1337 nicks :P)
:rofl:
quote:
Would you uninstall all the other Messenger Plus! plugins, restart your computer and tell me if Hopper is still disabled?
I am quite confused with all happening, from Chloe to atownjoe2004 to you...8-) perhaps I'll consult Pachi :D

:|okay, but that's gonna cost some time to re-install:(

But I'll try it:)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Aussiemale8 on 06-19-2004 at 10:54 AM

:S it  changed my status  and showed  some text i typed  , it showed it  in  the main msger   after  i changed it in the pop up panel,  then resette  to normal  again  ,  i  typed in an open freinds msger pane /xhopcc and it brought up the dialog/panel  i added some text in the panel  and put 4 secs    i saw  the text and status change for a few secs in main msger once  and nothing more  , i was thinking by setting seconds  it would run a full cycle until i exited msn msger  , or  change it 5 times  as i changed it to from the 1 time  in main panel to 5 times, still think  im doing something wrong or not using the commands properly 
:$

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 06-19-2004 at 12:25 PM

Yep that's right...the point is "some people"...I never figure out why it won't with "some people". Haven't found out anything in common yet :(

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by crank on 06-19-2004 at 12:31 PM

I'm having the same prob...
I'll try to reboot 8o|

EDIT:Doesn't work...
I'm going to delete it.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Martijn. on 06-20-2004 at 09:40 AM

Well, when I only have Hopper installed, it still unloads sometimes, but with more plugins installed, it happens more often8-)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 06-20-2004 at 09:48 AM

:dodgy: Thanks. I'll "think over it" later :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Martijn. on 06-23-2004 at 05:31 PM

Hmm... wierd, I've done a complete reinstall of Plus! and all my plugins, and Hopper hasn't been unloaded for a few days now*-)

I don't know if I help you by posting this, but why not:P

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 06-24-2004 at 03:32 AM

I have mailed Patchou about this, but he hasn't replied yet :) Don't worry, if this doesn't get better, I will try to find a trustworthy tester who has this problem and give him/her a debug version (if I have time, by the way):)

Update
Well, I just think of something... Have you, any of above having any problems, disabled Windows Messenger in any way? :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.168: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 06-28-2004 at 05:30 AM

Hello everyone,

A new version has been released. No exciting new things - just some error handlers added. Still, I strongly advise anyone who have had problems with Hopper update to this latest version, and we'll see what on earth has been a pain in ass :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Varish on 06-28-2004 at 06:09 AM

wa...:D, Just poped in to say that the latest version workes like a charm for me, good work.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by MessEnGer on 07-08-2004 at 05:35 AM

Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.01.0094

sorry the thread is too big to go throught the entire thing went over 9 pages couldnt do more so posting this

this is the error i get everytime i install hopper 2

[Image: attachment.php?pid=274236]

i uninstalled it abd installed it again i dont get the error now but in the preferences under plugins it says Not Loaded: mppluginhopsi

pls help

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 07-08-2004 at 06:28 AM

Well, if the problem is that Hopper couldn't not retrieve Messenger from Plus!, there is barely anything I could do... In Plus! Plugin Developer's Documentation, Patchou addressed that "in some occasions", Plus! couldn't passes Messenger to plugins. But he didn't address what the occasions were :(

By the way, have you disabled/uninstall Windows Messenger in any possible way before? :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by MessEnGer on 07-08-2004 at 06:31 AM

no i havent disabled or uninstalled windowas messenger

i have uninstalled plus i am installing it again and checking it again

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by MessEnGer on 07-08-2004 at 06:53 AM

well i had to uninstall all my plugins and msgplus and installed hopper first

works great now

thnk u

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 07-08-2004 at 07:38 AM

It appears that Hopper conflicted with other plugins, would you give me the list of the plugins you installed? Thanks :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by MessEnGer on 07-08-2004 at 10:49 AM

i think it was with stuff plug ng because after i installed hopper both stuff plug and hopper ashut down on its own neways i have :
Hopper
StuffPlug-NG
Unnamed Plugin: OpenConvo.Msn
Tabbed MSN

i hope it helps :)

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Martijn. on 07-08-2004 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MessEnGer
i think it was with stuff plug ng because after i installed hopper both stuff plug and hopper ashut down on its own

wierd:S I have them both installed, and it works fine:|

Only one unload of Hopper in like 4-5 weeks:)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by josh on 07-22-2004 at 07:03 AM

Mnjul,

When I use any plug-in reloader(even Blasphemer version or optimism_ version), will appear an error, and then Hopper will disappear from plug-in list.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=281170]

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 07-22-2004 at 09:51 AM

I just tried the reloader and Hopper loads fine for me ;)

Would you tell me which plugins you have? :) Thanks;)

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by josh on 07-22-2004 at 10:27 AM

quote:
I just tried the reloader and Hopper loads fine for me ;)

Would you tell me which plugins you have? :) Thanks;)

I use both Blasphemer ver. and optimism_ ver.
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 07-22-2004 at 10:38 AM

Sorry but I meant which plugins you have and currently installed, besides the reloaders and Hopper? :)

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by josh on 07-22-2004 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Sorry but I meant which plugins you have and currently installed, besides the reloaders and Hopper? :)

Sorry, this is my MSN ver.

Windows Version: Windows 2003, 5.02.3790
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.01.0094

and this is my plugins list:

HandWriting Enabler
Window Closed Alert
PluginReloader by TheBlasphemer
StuffPlug-NG
openConvo
Screenshot Sender 3
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 07-24-2004 at 04:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by josh

StuffPlug-NG
openConvo

I suspect these have something to do with the disablement, as people who have already reported Hopper problems have those plugins too. Well, perhaps I should really try to install StuffPlug-NG and see what's going on :) Your problem is strange because it only happens whenever you reload the plugins, not whenever Messenger starts...right? :)

Meanwhile, would you try to uninstall all the other plugins (except Hopper and Plugin Reloader) and see if Hopper will load when you reload plugins? Thanks :)

Update:
I installed StuffPlug-NG, and nothing went wrong. Not a single bad thing happened between Plus!, Hopper and StuffPlug-NG. My plugin list:

HandWriting Enabler (1.1 one, I remember)
Hopper 2.40.169, the same version you all have instead of the developing build
openConvo (NOT OpenConvo.Msn. The one I have is the one Wouter made recently, with an installer and quite a few customizable options)
Plugin Reloader (by Optimism_ and also I tried the one by TB)
StuffPlug NG (tried with both May build and June build)

I am running XPSP1, MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 and Windows Messenger 5.0.0482. No, Windows Messenger is not removed or disabled. I will try all these things again when I get back to my dorm and am at my Win Svr. 2003.

I'll keep SPNG a while in my computer, but I don't think it helps debug...This is too hard to tackle :S

Update 2:
By the way, the max number of Hop On Contacts is now 5 (in the next version, indeed).
RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by josh on 07-28-2004 at 05:06 AM

quote:
I suspect these have something to do with the disablement, as people who have already reported Hopper problems have those plugins too. Well, perhaps I should really try to install StuffPlug-NG and see what's going on :) Your problem is strange because it only happens whenever you reload the plugins, not whenever Messenger starts...right? :)

Meanwhile, would you try to uninstall all the other plugins (except Hopper and Plugin Reloader) and see if Hopper will load when you reload plugins? Thanks :)

Update:
I installed StuffPlug-NG, and nothing went wrong. Not a single bad thing happened between Plus!, Hopper and StuffPlug-NG. My plugin list:

HandWriting Enabler (1.1 one, I remember)
Hopper 2.40.169, the same version you all have instead of the developing build
openConvo (NOT OpenConvo.Msn. The one I have is the one Wouter made recently, with an installer and quite a few customizable options)
Plugin Reloader (by Optimism_ and also I tried the one by TB)
StuffPlug NG (tried with both May build and June build)

I am running XPSP1, MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 and Windows Messenger 5.0.0482. No, Windows Messenger is not removed or disabled. I will try all these things again when I get back to my dorm and am at my Win Svr. 2003.

I'll keep SPNG a while in my computer, but I don't think it helps debug...This is too hard to tackle :S

After I disable the "ScreenShot Sender 3" & "Window Closed Alert", everything go fine....
Very weird....8-)

Anyway, thanks a lot, Mnjul:)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 07-28-2004 at 09:59 AM

Good news: I installed SS3 and got errors as all of you above did ever before. I'll look into it and fix it; even if I can't fix it, in the next version the Installer would inform you if it detects SS3 installed on your system.

Thanks a lot, josh :)

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by josh on 07-28-2004 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Good news: I installed SS3 and got errors as all of you above did ever before. I'll look into it and fix it; even if I can't fix it, in the next version the Installer would inform you if it detects SS3 installed on your system.

Thanks a lot, josh :)

Your welcome, Mnjul!:)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.40.169: Si compounded - not Basic anymore!) by Mnjul on 07-31-2004 at 05:50 AM

OK...

The new version has been released. Everyone should update.

Please note: it is possible that you get an error box when you install, updating from 16x versions. Just restart Messenger if you get it. Also, Hopper may not be loaded after you update. If it is not, please manually activate it in Plus!\Preferences -> Plugins.

Before reporting another bug, please make sure it's raised by Hopper. That is, uninstall Hopper, restart Messenger and see whether the problem is eliminated or not.

Josh: Your Messenger could crash when you update. But that's not caused by Hopper ;)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by Maniac on 07-31-2004 at 06:03 AM

Mnjul, I get this weird error when I try to install:

[Image: post-10-1091254719.jpg]

I never had any previous version and running on the latest msn release.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by Mnjul on 07-31-2004 at 06:10 AM

Ningc_Maniac: Please try the attached file again in this post, thanks ;)

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by josh on 07-31-2004 at 06:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
Mnjul, I get this weird error when I try to install:

I never had any previous version and running on the latest msn release.

I have this problem too.

After I manual uninstall and re-install the Hopper, the message didn't appear again.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by Maniac on 07-31-2004 at 06:25 AM

Alright it worked now (y)

But it wouldn't install when msn was opened so you might wanna write that you have to close it... and not just recommended...

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by Mnjul on 07-31-2004 at 06:29 AM

The reason why you had to close Messenger was: The previous installation did not complete sucessfully, and hence some files are missed or locked; to ensure having a refresh install, the installer would tell you to close Messenger and try again :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by Maniac on 07-31-2004 at 06:31 AM

I see...

Problem:

well... im not sure if i just don't know how to use this... but once i used the hop feature my nick was changed to what I said and never changed back....

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by nigel5 on 08-04-2004 at 10:48 AM

In the instructions it makes mention of time limits on the use of features...

You are allowed to use /xhopon and /xhoponto only once in every three minutes.

Why is this?
Thanks in advance.
Nigel.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by CookieRevised on 08-04-2004 at 11:12 AM

simple, to prevent abuse and flooding.....

HOW??!! by Charmedguy18 on 08-09-2004 at 05:20 PM

what is hopper for how do i use it..i downloaded it..just d=to do it..but i dontn get what to do with it!!someone help me!

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by Tochjo on 08-09-2004 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Charmedguy18
what is hopper for how do i use it..i downloaded it..just d=to do it..but i dontn get what to do with it!!someone help me!
In the zip file you downloaded from the first page, there is a readme file. Please read it :)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by DanOfD2T on 08-29-2004 at 03:12 PM

Slight problem! I went to update my Hopper and it tells me on the msgplus plugin bit this....

[Image: 3rals]

How can I get hopper back :(

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.41.175: Si compounds are always solid.) by Mnjul on 08-29-2004 at 03:43 PM

Just check the checkbox, click "OK" and restart Messener and see if Hopper is loaded :) Also, please update your SS3 to the most recent version ;)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Mnjul on 10-20-2004 at 10:44 PM

I just released a new version...anyone with Hopper: please update ;)

(Plus! 3.25.106 required)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by riahc4 on 10-21-2004 at 02:55 PM

thanks for the update Mnjul. A small question; could you implant a feature that doesnt make messenger go offline if a transfer is in progress? I was transfering a big file and i tried out Hopper and my n00biness didnt read it take you offline so i used it and it cancled it. Thanks.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Mnjul on 10-21-2004 at 03:30 PM

If I am able to find how to "know" if Messenger has any file transfer/voice/audio chat/Fun & Games ...etc on going, I'll include this...but I don't think there is a way to do so :S

Thanks for the suggestion :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by king of deads_10 on 10-31-2004 at 09:02 AM

which progamming laguange did u use to make the plugin ?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Mnjul on 10-31-2004 at 09:28 AM

It's coded in Visual C++ 7.1 and uses quite a few MFC... :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by riahc4 on 11-01-2004 at 12:23 AM

Never mind just saw the hopper 3 thread

you said ur waiting for Patchou for the 7 compatiblity for Plus!. Is Hopper3 ready this tuesday if it comes out?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Bhaj on 11-10-2004 at 01:07 AM

[align=justify]Okay, so I just got Messenger Plus! 3 a few days ago, and I thought that it was AWESOME. I started to download all of the plugins, and I saw this one, and I figured it'd be pretty cool, so I downloaded it. There was just one problem. After installing it, I couldn't open up MSN Messenger. I've tried some stuff, but nothing seems to work. I figured out that when I remove Hopper from my computer totally it works and that when it's installed, it only works if I turn MSG Plus! off. Any suggestions to what I should do?

-Bhaj

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Mnjul on 11-10-2004 at 01:27 PM

What are the versions of Plus!/Messenger/Windows versions you are using, Bhaj? :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by DNANGEL on 11-11-2004 at 04:12 PM

hello~~
help~~i dunno how to use this software....
for example ...i select the Messenger Plus ---->plusin----->hopper..
and it display that:

/xhop <1~5 or Optional Argument></xhop help (For help)>
or

/xhopto[Optional Number of Times] <Your custom message></xhopto help (For help)>

i come from china and my english is so poor.....so i dunno how to use this software..

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Ezra on 11-28-2004 at 02:28 PM

I don't know if this has been posted, but this showed after I installed HandWriting Plugin beta 3...

Messenger Plus! Version: 3.25.0106
HandWriting Plugin Version: BETA 3
Hopper Plugin Version: 2.42.0179

[Image: attachment.php?pid=341227]

HELP!!! by Anna6642 on 11-29-2004 at 04:50 PM

[font=Arial][size=4]I am totally confused!! What is Hopper i have downloaded it but it doesnt do anything! What does it do!?!?! How do i use it!?! HELP!!

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Tochjo on 11-29-2004 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anna6642
What does it do!?
quote:
It makes Messenger appear offline and then goes online in a row, or does some other fascinating things. Used to catch contacts' attention. It can not be used to flood others because of an anti-flood protection
Simply put: by going offline and online in a row, your contact will see a lot of "... has just signed in" pop ups. This can be used to catch contacts' attention.

quote:
Originally posted by Anna6642
How do i use it!?
The file you download that contains the installer also contains a readme file. If you lost the downloaded file, redownload it again (the file is attached to the first post) and read the readme.html file that comes with it :)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Mnjul on 11-30-2004 at 12:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I don't know if this has been posted, but this showed after I installed HandWriting Plugin beta 3...

Messenger Plus! Version: 3.25.0106
HandWriting Plugin Version: BETA 3

[Image: attachment.php?pid=341227]
I currently use HandWriting plugin 1.1...perhaps I'll install the new version after I get my new HDD. Meanwhile perhaps you can report this to HandWriting plugin developer (TheBlasphemer). I'm willing to tell him what codes the error may involve if he needs it ;)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by benjyrama on 12-12-2004 at 11:57 AM

um, i've got the same error but i dont use the handwriting plugin at all..., using msn messenger7....

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Mnjul on 12-12-2004 at 01:34 PM

Do you have any other plug-ins installed, benjyrama? :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by DNANGEL on 12-12-2004 at 02:11 PM

help~~i dunno how to use this software....
for example ...i select the Messenger Plus ---->plusin----->hopper..
and it display that:

or

/xhopto[Optional Number of Times] <Your custom message></xhopto help (For help)>

i come from china and my english is so poor.....so can u explain simply~~

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Mnjul on 12-12-2004 at 02:27 PM

Oops DNANGEL, I completely missed your previous post...sorry :)

I don't know if my Traditional Chinese would be understood so I think I'll still post in English :)

Well the commands may seem complicated to use, but they're actually easy: Just like how you run Plus! commands such as /nick or /away, you can run Hopper commands likewise:

/xhop
This puts your Messenger offline and online, thus making a "sign-in" notification on your contacts

/xhopto Your message
This command inserts your own message in the sign-in notification.

You can specify the number of your notifications so your commands become:
/xhop 3 (generates three notifications in a row)
/xhopto3 Your message
While there is no space between /xhopto and the number 3

If you are really mixed up with those commands, perhaps you can simply run /xhopcc and let the visualized Hopper Control Center do things for you ;)

I have to add, as a matter of fact, the working-in-progress Hopper³ has simplified these things to a degree and it might even be translatable :rolleyes:
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by benjyrama on 12-12-2004 at 05:19 PM

yeh, I have screenshot sender build 555 and colornick 2

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by droopy on 12-12-2004 at 11:13 PM

Hooper is a nice tool, but the antiflooder protection is really a negative option. 5 minutes is too much.

What you could do is enter a validation code as shareware, so you could also earn money with the proggie.

If someone has already cracked it or has an old version with this limitation please PM or email me
javier_falbo@hotmail.com

Droopy

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Underlord on 12-13-2004 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by droopy
If someone has already cracked it or has an old version with this limitation please PM or email me
There is a really old version without the limitation, but i doubt it still works and i'm not going to distribute it :).

When i use the command "/xhopcc help" I get this error and then Messenger terminates.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=346517]

Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40.0112
Plugin Reloader
StuffPlug-NG
Screenshot Sender 3
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Mnjul on 12-13-2004 at 03:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
yeh, I have screenshot sender build 555 and colornick 2
I tried many things to reproduce the problem but in vain... sorry I haven't able to trace this problem down... :(

quote:
Originally posted by droopy
Hooper is a nice tool, but the antiflooder protection is really a negative option. 5 minutes is too much.
It'd be great if you'd like to share your thoughts about how and why you think it's too much, such as in practical use :) I'll certainly consider it.

Please take in heart that I can't (and perhaps shouldn't) restrain people from distributing any Hopper versions as long as they are not private betas. The very first public version still works, I believe, for Plus! plugin interface provides great downward-compatibility. Yet it also lacks functionalities - only what is called /xhop.

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord

When i use the command "/xhopcc help" I get this error and then Messenger terminates.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=346517]

Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40.0112
Plugin Reloader
StuffPlug-NG
Screenshot Sender 3
I really doubt it's still within my debug abilities if the exception handler can't catch the error (in this case I think there should be an Access Violation error). Does this happen all the time, and have you tried disabling other plugins, or reinstalling Hopper, Undies? ;)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Underlord on 12-13-2004 at 04:15 AM

Every time i do that command it happens. I reinstalled and disabled all other plugins, but to no avail.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by kangie on 12-14-2004 at 03:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Nice one.

if you wanted that, youd be better off trying to dig up the original version of Stuffplug (NOT ng) cos im sure that had those features :)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by BrOkEn on 12-16-2004 at 08:10 PM

tnx (Y) gr8 man , nice work

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by JacoB on 12-21-2004 at 08:39 AM

OK!!!! im angry i just dled Messenger Plus 2day ok then i dled HopperSi and i go into plus, preferences..., plugins and Hopper is there and its tickd so then i go to the read me u made i think and i look at the commands and i type them in the convo and nothing happens!!!! 8o| that makes me sooooooooo angry!
What do i do???

email me Jacob_whitey@hotmail.com

Plz help im sick +o( of things not working!!!!!!

Jacob_whitey@hotmail.com

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by hotpinkconverse on 12-29-2004 at 11:09 PM

i've just downloaded Hopper b/c I've read the reviews and it sounds REALLY fun. So.. I downloaded it... lol... the thing now is that I still do not really get what it does... lol.. i've read thet first post and i'm totally confused! :S is there an easier explanation for the 'slow mind'?.. <--- me :$
thanks in advance! =) (A)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Tochjo on 12-29-2004 at 11:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hotpinkconverse
I still do not really get what it does... lol.. i've read thet first post and i'm totally confused!
The first post mentions "It makes Messenger appear offline and then goes online in a row".
This means that the main feature of this plugin is to change your status to appear offline, then to online again, then to appear offline again and then to online again and so on.

This will seem to your friends as if you signed on and off and on again really quickly, and that will cause many of those '... has just signed in' windows to appear. This is used to catch the attention of your contacts.
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by hotpinkconverse on 12-29-2004 at 11:32 PM

oh i c
but when i click on Hop! for example, it comes out to...

so... what does that mean??

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Mnjul on 12-30-2004 at 01:34 PM

It means you can run
/xhop or /xhop 2 (for two toasts) or /xhop away (for changing your status to Away afterwards)...etc

I know this gets to be a little bit complicated but just right now please stay with it... :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by haveamsgpluserror on 01-28-2005 at 03:57 PM

I just downloaded this program..But  unfortunately it says cannot find MSG Plus.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (2.42.179: Update!) by Anubis on 01-28-2005 at 04:12 PM

Have you installed Messenger Plus, from www.msgplus.net and if so, what version are you using?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.00.0240: A BRAND NEW VERSION!) by Mnjul on 03-17-2005 at 06:26 AM

It's here!

Hopper³ has been released!

Go back to the very first post of Hopper Thread to see more information!

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.00.0240: A BRAND NEW VERSION!) by Screeny on 03-27-2005 at 04:27 PM

Sorry for bumping this Thread :P For the next Version, can you make Hopper translatable?
btw: Thanks for this Plugin, it rocks :P

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.00.0240: A BRAND NEW VERSION!) by Mnjul on 03-28-2005 at 01:13 PM

It's ok to bump this Release thread :)

I've already had it in mind to make Hopper translatable...however, due to lack of time, I gave up fully implementing it in 3.00.0240. The next version will be a minor update; the next major version will be translatable...after my university application is admitted =p.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 08-14-2005 at 06:16 PM

A new version has been released and I'd like everyone to update. Also I'd like to thank charlie_su1986 for his months-long hard work on Hopper's website :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Solar_custom on 08-26-2005 at 12:41 PM

I love this plugin :):)

If only you would remove that 5 minute rule ;) (But I suppose it's for the best :P).

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 08-27-2005 at 04:24 AM

True :)

Well, to be honest, the "5-minute" was set without any "formal statistics", and it's hardly to be the "optimal number" for both the notification-generators and notification-receivers. I'm always open to suggestions regarding the Anti-Flood Protection - as long as it's not "hey, remove the whole damn thing!" ;)

Thanks for your comments. It's a long time last time I get comments on Hopper (see, almost 5 months), and I appreaciate your input :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by R0cK3TttttT on 08-27-2005 at 12:12 PM

Yah, I would like to see the Limit less than a Minute, but thats my $.02 anyway...Luv Hopper3 anyway!

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Solar_custom on 09-01-2005 at 08:46 PM

There's a few bugs on this hopper. Sometimes when I try specific contact hopper, it just bugs out and leaves my nickname as the comment I write and adds about 5 lines of spaces under it so it looks something similar to this:

"Solar

Says:
Hello"

Then it changes back to normal but to my friends on my contact list, they still see it as the bugged out nickname. So I have to sign out then resign back in for it to appear back normal for them.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 09-01-2005 at 10:34 PM

I'll check it out, thanks :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by kender on 09-08-2005 at 01:05 PM

Hi!
I'm a new member!

I would like to post an old idea.

If it's possible to have 3 or 4 or 5 Hop with different messages!

like:

Hi
How
are
you?

thx...

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 09-08-2005 at 02:16 PM

Nice idea, I'll try if it will show fine with computers with slow connection (well, you don't want the sentence to show in "you Hi are How" sequence, do you? :P)

Also, the most-common screen resolution, 1024x768, can only show 5 toasts at a time... would five toasts be enough for you dudes to compose a sentence? (I know some people are with other screen resolutions, please correct me if 1024x768 is not the most common one ;) )

Well, in the next release I'd like to reduce the interval of Anti-Flood Protection. What do you have in mind to replace the current number of 5-minute for universal hops, and 3-minute for contact-specific hops? :)

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by kender on 09-08-2005 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Nice idea, I'll try if it will show fine with computers with slow connection (well, you don't want the sentence to show in "you Hi are How" sequence, do you? :P)

yes, of course! :P

quote:
would five toasts be enough for you dudes to compose a sentence?

yes, because if a sentence is too long, it can be splitted into 4 o r 5 hops... indeed.

quote:
Well, in the next release I'd like to reduce the interval of Anti-Flood Protection. What do you have in mind to replace the current number of 5-minute for universal hops, and 3-minute for contact-specific hops? :)

i think it's a good protection 5 minutes... or 3 minutes for both hops!

byez!
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by iamlukeharris on 09-08-2005 at 09:02 PM

:D this is cool!

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by multimillion2k on 09-08-2005 at 09:35 PM

Oh, this is brilliant! You will evolve beyond the need to open a conversation window ever again..

I would place this in the same category as the escalators leading into the gym.. :P

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Pyro on 09-16-2005 at 09:08 AM

:banana:I LOVE HOPPER!!!:banana:

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by uberdosis on 09-16-2005 at 10:10 AM

Can we have no Anti-Flood Protection?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by CookieRevised on 09-16-2005 at 11:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis
no, as not everybody is trusthworthy/mature enough to not abuse this plugin and to not flood their contacts...
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 09-16-2005 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YA_MUM
:banana:I LOVE HOPPER!!!:banana:
Urm... first, thank you...

quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis

I don't think I'm good enough to play up to all everybody here, so... no, sorry :)

Now, please listen to me. All your suggestions are on my to-do list (except "remove the AFP thing", sorry again). However, because my university semester has just begun, and due to my recent physical and mental status, I must say this - even though I hate to say it - the follow-up development/update of Hopper has been postponed for quite a while. I can't tell you how long "quite a while" is... I don't want to turn this reply into an oh-I'm-weak-and-need-your-support one so let's stop here. One thing is sure though: if you have suggestions in mind, please post them. If it's feasible, I'll get it on my to-do list.
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by ThatSwede on 10-29-2005 at 01:34 AM

Ctrl-Alt-H display console does not seem to be formatted properly for my 1024x786 screen resolution (buttons are missing and/or overlapping).

Any ideas ??

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 10-29-2005 at 06:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ThatSwede
Ctrl-Alt-H display console does not seem to be formatted properly for my 1024x786 screen resolution (buttons are missing and/or overlapping).

Any ideas ??
Would you provide a screenshot? That would help me analyze your problem ;)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 01-14-2006 at 06:13 PM

My first semester in university is finally over... ending up with me getting down with influenza :mipdodgy: Anyway it's winter vacation from now!

The split-message function is ready. Take a look at the following screenshot... I think everything is quite self-explanatory.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=590846]

Now before I begin coding other things, I need some input from you regarding the following two questions:

1. What would you suggest for the name of this functionality? Split-message? Split-Toasts? Blahblahblah?

2. What would you suggest for the default delimiter that splits the messages? As you can see the current setting is %%, yet I don't know if that's fine with everyone... So please tell me about what you have in mind about the delimiter. Of course, the delimiter can be changed in HCC, but I want a default that most people will be comfortable with - I don't want people rushing to HCC to change the default immediately after installing Hopper :P

In my screenshot the toasts popped up in the order "Messenger Plus!" "is the best Messenger add-on" "in the world", so please don't think that your contacts will read "in the world is the best Messenger add-on Messenger Plus!" (Hmm, actually this sentence looks quite neat too :chrongue:) But anyway, the order of the toasts can be reversed by setting an internal registry...let's talk about it when the next version is released.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Jeronimo on 01-14-2006 at 09:09 PM

How about calling it Toast Slices? Yummy... :P

For me the delimiter of %% is fine. Its different enough to be easy to remember, but also easy enough to not be too difficult 8-)

Looks good though. Hopefully they'll be a bit easier on you at university so you can focus some time on it. None of us want you working so hard you become ill! :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Timothy003 on 01-14-2006 at 09:15 PM

Looks great, lookin' forward to next version! :banana:

RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by CookieRevised on 01-15-2006 at 12:50 AM

quote:
1. What would you suggest for the name of this functionality? Split-message? Split-Toasts? Blahblahblah?
split-message seems ok ("toast slice" not, sorry Jeronimo, but that doesn't really tell what the function is about IMHO).

quote:
2. What would you suggest for the default delimiter that splits the messages?
Why using a double percent character? I guess the reason for that is because of possible usage in the message itself. What you could do in that case (and what I also always do in such cases) is making use of a "literal" character ("escape" character is maybe the proper name, dunno?).

In the rare case that people want to use the delimiter in the message, they should prefix it with "\". In that way, your plugin knows that the next character should be taken literally and not as a delimiter.

Doing this, makes 1 character delimiters possible, which is more convenient for the user IMHO (and the use of "\" in this way is actually something you'll find in other programs and languages).

The delimiter itself, dunno, but maybe something even less used than "%", yet easy typeable... hmmm... "^" or "#" maybe? dunno...

;)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by absorbation on 01-15-2006 at 12:09 PM

%% Sounds fine, kind of reminds me of spacing links with html so I and others could find it easy to remember. However hopper is extemtly popular and alot of non-advanced users will be using it. Maybe you could try something like this to make it eaiser for other users:

//
||
, (simple comma)
(place every new toast in brackets)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 01-15-2006 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
split-message seems ok ("toast slice" not, sorry Jeronimo, but that doesn't really tell what the function is about IMHO).
I guess I'll use Split-Message then...
Toast Slice will be the codename of the function :P

As for things about the delimiter... what about this?
Whatever the user sets as the delimiter, if they need the delimiter to literally appear in their messages, they need to type it twice. Just like you need to type //nick in a conversation window for /nick to literally show. For example, if someone sets $ as the delimiter and he wants to show "I bought a new car today" "It cost me $40000" then he has to set "I bout a new car today$It cost me $$40000" as Hop message. This should be easier to remember...

As for the default delimiter, I currently have in mind one backslash \ - I guess many programming languages have escape sequences begining with it for a reason (though I don't know what reason it is :P)...

Anyone? :)
RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by CookieRevised on 01-15-2006 at 11:16 PM

sounds good to me (y)...

or maybe make the default even "/" like in plus, then the analogy with Plus! and the double forward slash is totally complete? (and the user must already type / for commands to work, so....)

PS: Though double typing a delimiter to get the literal character has the disadvantage that you can not end the first part with the literal character. Because the last character of the first part and the delimiter form together a double character and thus will be interpreted as literal... You don't have that when you use an different literal "identifier"... But I can live with that ;)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 01-16-2006 at 02:30 AM

quote:
PS: Though double typing a delimiter to get the literal character has the disadvantage that you can not end the first part with the literal character. Because the last character of the first part and the delimiter form together a double character and thus will be interpreted as literal... You don't have that when you use an different literal "identifier"... But I can live with that

Hmm...I get what you mean, Cookie... if someone types "Blahhhh///Blah", I wouldn't be able to know if he wants to show "Blahhhh/" "Blah" or "Blahhhh" "/Blah"...this is kinda trivial but I have to keep it from happening.

If I use one literal identifier such as \ in the previous example, "Blahhh/" "Blah" would be "Blahhh\//Blah" and "Blahhhh" "/Blah" would be "Blahhh/\/Blah"...

OK So the delimiter is / and the literal identifier is \, anyone? :)

Update: I am still not sure about it..what if a user wants the identifier to show in the end of one part? Like he wants to say "Oh gosh\" "Blah"? ..."Oh gosh\/Blah" will be parsed into "Oh gosh/Blah"...Oh wait..does that mean for the identifier to show literally, the user has to type it twice?

So now I have a delimiter, and a literal identifier...for the delimiter to show literally, it must be prefixed with the identifier...and for the identifier itself to show literally, it must be typed twice...quite troublesome, huh..any possible change?

Anyone with satisfactory answer for picky Mnjul? :<
RE: RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by CookieRevised on 01-16-2006 at 08:32 AM

quote:
So now I have a delimiter, and a literal identifier...for the delimiter to show literally, it must be prefixed with the identifier...and for the identifier itself to show literally, it must be typed twice...
indeed, because in that case the first \ is still seen as the 'literal identifier' and the second is seen as just another character which needs to be taken literally.

quote:
quite troublesome, huh
not really. You don't need to look at it as three different things or special cases, as they are in fact all the same.

The 'identifier' \ must be seen as an escape character, a character with a special function. As soon as it is encountered it is interpreted as a "command" and the function of the following character is determined by what that character is. (Which is indeed the function \ in other stuff too, eg in C style languages, think about \n, \t, etc...)

If the next character has a special meaning (in the parsing routine), that special meaning is interpreted, otherwise it just takes the next character literal, no matter what character it is.

For your plugin (in case you're going to implement it that is), this means it takes every character literally that comes after it, no matter what character, just that simple. The only special case would be the delimiter. (Unless, you also include \n which will be parsed as a linefeed and \t as a tab... maybe also a suggestion for even extra possebilities?)

To give some examples (and I'll use $ as delimiter just for better visualization of the examples though)

"Oh gosh"   "Blah"  => needs "Oh gosh$Blah" 

"Oh gosh$"   "Blah"  => needs "Oh gosh\$$Blah" 

"Oh gosh"   "$Blah"  => needs "Oh gosh$\$Blah"

"Oh \gosh"   "\Blah\"  => needs "Oh \\gosh$\\Blah\\" 
but the above is nothing special, it is just the same case like:
"Oh gosh"   "Blah"  => needs "\O\h\ \g\o\s\h$\B\l\a\h"

I use the same, without the delimiter of course, in the HolidayCounter Plugin for defining the shown text and to make a difference between tags and literall text: "(d) days ago I typed \(d)" will be parsed as "5 days ago I typed (d)" because "\(" is just seen as "(" literally and thus the rest of the text "d)" isn't a tag anymore which needs replacing.

---

Or instead of the delimiter being a single character, you also could make it into a 'special function' for the escape character itself of course (but then the user needs to type 2 characters in everyday use, but it would be consistent with the rest though). But I don't think you want to go that far, though it is nice and consistant with all the rest.... dunno. eg:

\d is parsed as the delimiter
\n is parsed as a linefeed
\t is parsed as a tab
\? (where ? is any other character) is parsed as taking ? literally

EDIT: In reference to MnJul's reply: all the above was meant as POV from the user though. It is how the user should look at it to understand how it works. That is, he doesn't need to know how it is programmed, but the above explains to him that there are no 'special cases', just 1 rule: "\" interprets anything as literal after it.

So, I didn't realize you could see it in two ways (POV from user and POV of programmer). Though both ways are almost the same in this case. ;)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.03.0272: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 01-16-2006 at 10:34 AM

When I said "quite troublesome", I meant it was quite troublesome for my users (a little bit confusing for non-advanced users, like what Absorbation said)...it's not troublesome to code :P

quote:
\d is parsed as the delimiter
\n is parsed as a linefeed
\t is parsed as a tab
\? (where ? is any other character) is parsed as taking ? literally

I wonder if you do need a tab-space or a newline in such a small notification window - but this is a good idea and I'll do it (for fear that there is geeeeeeeeek Hopper users, of course :P). And!! \d being the delimiter sounds quite fine for me actually...

And all these being taken as the escape sequences I think there is no need to configure them in HCC :mipdodgy:

Anyway, thanks for your input, Cookie and others ;) Now this is what I have in mind... I'll have \d for the delimiter, \n \t as linefeed and tab respectively and if the character following \ is nothing special I'll print the character (without the backslash).

Any comments? :)

What I want is everything to be easy and straightforward for my users - that is, they can do what they want to do with only reading the least documentation (or tooltip contents, whatever).
Hopper's users don't have the chance to "experiment" with it... If they wrongly run Hopper's command and get undesired results, they are stalled by AFP and have to wait for minutes before they can run another one. :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 01-26-2006 at 09:21 PM

The new version has been released :)

Glad I am able to make it before Chinese New Year (this Saturday is the Chiense New Year's Eve...)...;)

It's 5am and I shall call it a da...urm...dawn. :P

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) by prashker on 01-26-2006 at 09:23 PM

I would use it but I am using WLM...anyways...I am sure it will be good and I will test at my friends house as he does not have WLM but MSN 7.5 with plus :)

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) by lrac522 on 02-01-2006 at 04:53 AM

I would like to try this plugin but before i do so could i be educated on how exactly doest it work.

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) by CookieRevised on 02-01-2006 at 06:17 AM

Read the first post in this thread and also visit the website...

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) by jerone on 06-25-2006 at 07:12 PM

is there going to be any intergration with WLM and/or MsgPlusLive scheduled?

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 06-26-2006 at 03:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jerone
is there going to be any intergration with WLM and/or MsgPlusLive scheduled?
Indeed ;)

For more information, take a look at HopperLive announced, to be released in July

RE: Hopper...let's Hop! (3.04.0275: Updates available!) by Mnjul on 11-13-2006 at 06:54 PM

If you're using Windows Live Messenger with Plus! Live then you should use HopperLive. :)