Shoutbox

FileServer Plugin V2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: FileServer Plugin V2 (/showthread.php?tid=16045)

FileServer Plugin V2 by itior on 09-28-2003 at 01:00 PM

Contains alot of new tweaks including a manual.

Suggestions welcome.

[edit]Realised there wasn't a max line limit[/edit]

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by Haggard on 09-28-2003 at 01:06 PM

very nice, i am hoping to see more updates of this in the future

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by Sypher on 09-28-2003 at 06:55 PM

It works fine :) But does the other person also need the plugin to download?

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by dotNorma on 09-28-2003 at 07:03 PM

and it does?

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by itior on 09-29-2003 at 12:15 AM

Sypher: Yes.

Both you guys would have found your answer had you have read the manual.

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by BlackStar on 05-24-2004 at 12:10 AM

Anybody actually made this work? I have the same versions as SyPhEr has in his signature but nothing happens when doing DIR and other commanda from the Client. The server is fine and Status and SetDir is Ok but it only echoes out the commands from the Client and nothing whatsoever is happening.

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by CookieRevised on 05-24-2004 at 12:21 AM

I never tried this plugin. But remember that this is a very old plugin, so it  could have problems with the new plugin interface.

Note: A extremely similar plugin can be found in this thread:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=17934 (old version (1.2) with installer)
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=17...d=196491#pid196491 (recommanded, "latest" version (2.0), but without the installer)
note that this is also an "old" plugin, but it's an alternative, so, you never know...

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by BlackStar on 05-24-2004 at 12:34 AM

Well I've tried them both and none of them is working at all.
The latter one v2.0 is not visible as a plugin at all, not even after registering it with Regsvr32.
So I guess I''ll just have to forget all about it.

Thanks for the assistance in this matter.

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by CookieRevised on 05-24-2004 at 12:42 AM

Beware that Pleh's FileSharing plugin is a VB-plugin, this means you have to register the DLL with regsrv32 (as you pointed out) but you also need to add a registry entry for it!!!
Install version 1.2 (to add the registry) and after that unregister the OLD DLL, then replace the old DLL with the new DLL and register it again...

EDIT: I just tested it, it's working fine in Messenger Plus! 3.x with MSN Messenger 6.x

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by BlackStar on 05-24-2004 at 01:21 AM

Aha... Okay I'll try that and se if it works then. Thanks.

Edit: Well, tried it now and it works good although not all of the commands are functioning, you can let a friend download files without you actually have to be in front of the computer.

Thanks for the help :)

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by Pict on 01-30-2005 at 09:47 PM

Well I am stumped by this.

I have the version 2 and still will not work properly.

If I start the server and do a /fserve status then all is ok

however if I send commands to another machine running the server then I get the commands echoed back

ie

dir--!dir
statu!Status

this happens identically on two machines. Both have XP service pack 2 installed. Machines are on a local network so I have access to both for testing purposes. Anyone had any success with this problem?

RE: RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by Martijn. on 02-02-2005 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pict
Well I am stumped by this.

I have the version 2 and still will not work properly.

If I start the server and do a /fserve status then all is ok

however if I send commands to another machine running the server then I get the commands echoed back

ie

dir--!dir
statu!Status

this happens identically on two machines. Both have XP service pack 2 installed. Machines are on a local network so I have access to both for testing purposes. Anyone had any success with this problem?

This plugin only works on MSN Messenger 6.0...

Try to do a search for "Pleh File Sharing" ;).
RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by Pict on 02-03-2005 at 03:41 PM

using 6.2.0137

RE: FileServer Plugin V2 by Loser_523 on 08-25-2005 at 12:17 AM

Apparently this plugin doesn't work with Plus! Version 3 anymore. It would have been really useful, and I was wondering whether it could be fixed to work with version 3, as the way I understand it, it would be easier and quicker for me to use than the Pleh File Sharing plugin.  The reason I like it so much is because it is so much like a Command prompt, where you can navigate through folders, instead of being like the Pleh File Sharing where it just lists every single file in the root folder and all of its subfolders which can get extremely laggy, and most of the time gets cut off because of MSN's character per message limit.