Shoutbox

Question about ReceiveNotify (VB)...I think Patchou may have to read this? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Question about ReceiveNotify (VB)...I think Patchou may have to read this? (/showthread.php?tid=17853)

Question about ReceiveNotify (VB)...I think Patchou may have to read this? by Mnjul on 11-08-2003 at 06:22 AM

Well the argument sContactName in ReceiveNotify indicates the sender of the Notify...
But it is a "parsed" name, which means that all format tags in the contact's name have been parsed...

If I want to know if the notify is sent by me, I have to use Messenger.MyFriendlyName to do a string compare with sContactName...but MyFriendlyName gives a contact name with unparsed format tags...

And therefore I can't compare them two, because one of them(sContactName) doesn't have format tags while the other one(MyFriendlyName) does:(

I have tried to get rid of the format tags myself, but I am quite stuffed with Ctrl+K one...so I don't think it's a practicable way.

Same happens with IMessengerContact.FriendlyName of course...

I suggest Patchou make sContactName's value be "raw" contact name, with unparsed format tags...

Do you get me? :(

RE: Question about ReceiveNotify (VB)...I think Patchou may have to read this? by Patchou on 11-08-2003 at 06:26 AM

I understand what you mean... but instead, I think I should just provide a function to clear all the control characters from the string. If I remember to do it, you'll have it :)

RE: Question about ReceiveNotify (VB)...I think Patchou may have to read this? by Mnjul on 11-08-2003 at 06:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I understand what you mean... but instead, I think I should just provide a function to clear all the control characters from the string. If I remember to do it, you'll have it :)
Thanks dude...;)
There are just too many possibilities of code combination(one digit, two digits, RGB color, Hex RGB color, with or without background) for Ctrl+K...
RE: Question about ReceiveNotify (VB)...I think Patchou may have to read this? by itior on 11-08-2003 at 01:53 PM

Better yet, pass the e-mail of the contact instead of the display name.

RE: Question about ReceiveNotify (VB)...I think Patchou may have to read this? by optimism_ on 11-19-2003 at 10:52 PM

or both?