Shoutbox

Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes (/showthread.php?tid=18116)

Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 11-14-2003 at 08:50 PM

Song 2 Nick
This plugin will automatically change your name to the current song you are playing and display pic as well (both are optional and fully customisable type /xs2noptions to change those settings).

Compatibility
Windows Media Player (use this plugin, more info @ This website), for iTunes (use this plugin,more info @ This website )
Note: Right click a link and select Save Target As to download.

Insatlation
Installer Included
just run the Installer.exe

Uninstall
included in the installer or just type /xuninstallsong2nick

commands
Winamp commands:
In name:
(!ARTIST)
(!ALBUM)
(!TITLE)
(!BITRATE)
(!CHANNELS)
(!EQ)
(!PLAYLISTLENGTH)
(!PLAYLISTPOS)
(!REPEAT)
(!SHUFFLE)
(!RATE)
(!DURATIONSECONDS)
(!DURATION)
(!POSITIONSECONDS)
(!POSITION)
(!VERSION)
(!YEAR)
(!COMMENT)
(!GENRE)
(!STATUS)
(!DIRECTORY)
(!FILENAME)
(!EXTENSION)
(!PATH)
(!FULLPATH)
(!WAT)
In chat window:
(!XWPARTIST)
(!XWPALBUM)
(!XWPTITLE)
(!XWPBITRATE)
(!XWPCHANNELS)
(!XWPEQ)
(!XWPPLAYLISTLENGTH)
(!XWPPLAYLISTPOS)
(!XWPREPEAT)
(!XWPSHUFFLE)
(!XWPRATE)
(!XWPDURATIONSECONDS)
(!XWPDURATION)
(!XWPPOSITIONSECONDS)
(!XWPPOSITION)
(!XWPVERSION)
(!XWPYEAR)
(!XWPCOMMENT)
(!XWPGENRE)
(!XWPSTATUS)
(!XWPDIRECTORY)
(!XWPFILENAME)
(!XWPEXTENSION)
(!XWPPATH)
(!XWPFULLPATH)

Windows Media Player commands:
In name:
(!ARTIST)
(!ALBUM)
(!TITLE)
(!DURATION)
(!GENRE)
(!RATING)
(!PLAYLISTPOS)
(!STATUS)
(!WAT)
In chat window:
(!XWMPTITLE)
(!XWMPALBUM)
(!XWMPARTIST)
(!XWMPDURATION)
(!XWMPGENRE)
(!XWMPRATING)
(!XWMPPLAYLISTPOS)
(!XWMPSTATUS)

MusicMatch commands:
In name:
(!ARTIST)
(!TITLE)
In chat window:
(!MMJARTIST)
(!MMJTITLE)

/xs2noptions - - shows the options page
/xaboutsong2nick - - shows the about dialog
/xsong2nickon - - enable current song to nick
/xsong2nickoff - - disable current song to nick
/xdonatesong2nick - - donate money to me
/xsharesong2nick - - this will send song2nick to your friends
/xupadtesong2nick - - will look for an update (programme automatically looks for an update once a week)
/xuninstallsong2nick - - this will uninstall song2nick without restarting msn
/xsharesongwp - - Send the current song to your contact *Winamp only*
/xs2ngetsong - - This will get the song from your contacts if the enabled it
------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ
Q. I get a runtime error
A. Download the runtimes Here
Q. When i go to the options page a get a message saying im not signed in but i am
A. You probably have removed windows messenger reinstall and every thing works fine

Bugs
I'm sure there are still a few bugs 8-| so if you find some please post them here so i can fix them
suggestions are always welcome :P
---------

thats it for NoW
any comments/suggestions
post it here!
Greetz Wouter

*Note! this version is still a beta so it comes with free bugs :o) Njoy

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Jeronimo on 11-14-2003 at 09:17 PM

I get this error when I try to install it. The Plus part of the plugin seems to work fine, but its the Media Player part that fouls up :undecided:

[Image: attachment.php?tid=18116&pid=162571]

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kryptonate on 11-14-2003 at 09:22 PM

In the readme file it says:

quote:
3:    Please make sure in windows media player you have checked Tools-->plugins-->bloggin plugin  else windows media to nick wont work :)

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Jeronimo on 11-14-2003 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .::Krypt0n4t3::.
In the readme file it says:
quote:
3:    Please make sure in windows media player you have checked Tools-->plugins-->bloggin plugin  else windows media to nick wont work :)

Sadly its not getting as far as installing the plugin for WMP. Its not able to find it to register the DLL. The Plus DLL gets installed without a problem. So I can use the Plus side of it, but since the WMP plugin is not installed or registered it doesn't work. Have you installed it ok?
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kryptonate on 11-14-2003 at 09:33 PM

I get the same error, the problem is that bloggin is a plugin for windows media player and plugins are added after the install and I (and Jeronimo propably too) have that plugin. So you could please insert the WMP bloggin plugin to your installation file or give a link to it? Thank you :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kalibur on 11-15-2003 at 01:01 AM

I congratulate Wouter on a job well done.

I have one request, cuz it's been buggin' me for days.
It's about the Personalized Away name tag suffix (where instead of "(Away)" or "(Busy)", you can have your own text, like "(Playing)" or "(Watching TV)").
Whenever I have that on, and I switch the mp3, it reverts back to "(Away)" or "(Busy)".

Is there anyway to stop this from happening?  Maybe you can consult Patchou about it.  Thanks for reading my request.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by chris on 11-15-2003 at 02:06 AM

cant you make this work how monty burns works :'( you got in the part i suggestied about so you can type in whatever were you can have (!WAT) anywere but you gotta stop the song before it will chagne.. whats the point in having the winamp icon in the system try if i gotta stop it:p..
Edit: i dont gotta stop it for it to change the nick but.. everytime i change the song it makes a beep noise
Edit2: when i click stop on winamp i get control not reconised... from msgplus

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Chippo on 11-15-2003 at 03:38 AM

The data.cab file that is in the zip seems to be currupt, Might just be me, but it can't open, so it can't install and i get the same errors that are above.. Maybe faulty upload?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-15-2003 at 10:55 AM

well it works fine for me
do you use windows media player 9?
and does this dir
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\Plugins
exists on your computer
and after install is this fille there?
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\Plugins\blogging.dll

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Chippo on 11-15-2003 at 11:08 AM

No, the Plugin Folder didn't exist. When i created it and re-ran install it worked perfectly. Thanks :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-15-2003 at 11:34 AM

hmm tnx :P
then i will remake the installer so it will make this map if not included :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-15-2003 at 11:41 AM

Ok now everything should work :)
tnx4 reporting

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kryptonate on 11-15-2003 at 12:03 PM

(y)

just a question, to add the title to your nick, does that only work for winamp2? because I'm using winamp5 and I don't see any change ^o) altough he says it's enabled.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-15-2003 at 12:53 PM

yes it works for winamp 2,3 and 5

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kryptonate on 11-15-2003 at 01:00 PM

doesn't work here with winamp5 :undecided: I don't see the title appearing in my nick.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Mippo on 11-15-2003 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .::Krypt0n4t3::.
doesn't work here with winamp5 :undecided: I don't see the title appearing in my nick.

It should, because it uses the Winamp 2 API (correct me if I'm wrong). Does it work with Winamp 2 for you? You must have some weird setting :-/

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kryptonate on 11-15-2003 at 02:12 PM

nope, doesn't work, neither for WMP :s. Must be I'm doing something wrong...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by ind3nt on 11-16-2003 at 04:22 AM

k when its on for m ei kno its trying to work cuz everytime i chage the song theres like a "beep" like the disabled click sound .. but its not updating my nick ... do i have to do sumthin to winamp ?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kalibur on 11-16-2003 at 07:34 AM

Damn, is my request impossible to grant?  Wouter, is it possible to do?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by E-Val on 11-16-2003 at 11:23 AM

hey, i am using win98SE and have the latest version of this pluggin, it mostly works fine.
But there is a bug where if i have msn plus going and have the pluggin on, and winamp isnt on. I start up winamp 3 and msn comes up with "encounted an error/problem" blah blah blah and asks if i want to send an error message. Then it shuts down msn.
Anyway u can stop this from happening?
Thanks

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by steel on 11-16-2003 at 01:08 PM

Love the work Wouter!
Keep it up!!

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by speedy_kevin on 11-16-2003 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by _indent
k when its on for m ei kno its trying to work cuz everytime i chage the song theres like a "beep" like the disabled click sound .. but its not updating my nick ... do i have to do sumthin to winamp ?

Same problem here. Installation goes fine, set the options, enabled the plugin.
I get the beep sound. But no namechange :(
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by BooGhost on 11-16-2003 at 11:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedy_kevin
if you're using WMP enable the plug in @ WMP :P

RE: RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-18-2003 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by speedy_kevin
quote:
Originally posted by _indent

Read the Readme plz :P
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by hexar on 11-19-2003 at 04:29 PM

I've been using this plugin for osme times now. and it seems like a really good idea, i've just got a big problem..
If my nick is:
hexar - bored

And i turn on the plugin where i set my name to be:
Hexar - listening to (!WAT)

Instead of changing my name to
Hexar - listening to some - song
it changes it into:

hexar - boredHexar - listening to some - song

That's kind of annoying, i would like it to change out my whole name instead of just adding to it.. As i understood it, the plugin shouldn't do this.. but it does that to me..

Also, this isn't so important but... Is there a way to turn off the "beep" sound msn makes every time i change winamp song?

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-19-2003 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hexar
I've been using this plugin for osme times now. and it seems like a really good idea, i've just got a big problem..
If my nick is:
hexar - bored

And i turn on the plugin where i set my name to be:

Instead of changing my name to
Hexar - listening to some - song
it changes it into:

hexar - boredHexar - listening to some - song

That's kind of annoying, i would like it to change out my whole name instead of just adding to it.. As i understood it, the plugin shouldn't do this.. but it does that to me..

Also, this isn't so important but... Is there a way to turn off the "beep" sound msn makes every time i change winamp song?

:D ofcource it doesnt change correctly :P

--------------
change

---
to
- listening to (!WAT)
-------------------------------

then it will work :P
and about the beep i will work on it
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kryptonate on 11-19-2003 at 06:29 PM

Does it normally has to change automatically if there's another song playing? if so, than it ain't working for me:undecided:, if not, could you do so?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by M-Head on 11-19-2003 at 06:51 PM

why do people make plugins for winamp song titles, as the built in one works for winamp 2 3 and 5 already....

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by hexar on 11-19-2003 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M-Head
why do people make plugins for winamp song titles, as the built in one works for winamp 2 3 and 5 already....

This one makes you able to have the song name in your NICK. And it'll change when you change the song..

Oh and about my question.. Yes, that's what i though, now there's just one other problem.. if my nick is
hexar
and plugin is set it to - listening to (!WAT)
it shows up like this:

hexar- listening to (!WAT)

without a space before the "-"
It's not that big a problem.. but it is when i use some other nicks..
The problem is.. i did try to put a space before the "winamp name title" lie this:  " - listening to (!WAT)"
But it doesn't seem to work.. it doesn't make that space.. and if i call myself

"hexar "
it removes the space by itself...
any way to fix this?...
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-20-2003 at 11:53 AM

then there must be something wrong with your Messenger Plus!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by levinet on 11-22-2003 at 12:08 PM

Great script mate.. just a few suggestions....

1. I put the character (ALT + 1 6 3 0) non-breaking-space into the front of my name to stop it from being at the bottom of the list, well i want to be able to put it in as deafault into the options window.

2. Also maybe some settings to be able to set other varibles to be into the nick. BitRate, artist, title, track number, year, etc.

(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kryptonate on 11-22-2003 at 12:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hexar
And it'll change when you change the song..

Doesn't work for me, the changing part . . .
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by AcerKev on 11-22-2003 at 10:29 PM

(Really wanting to watch this thread for replies)

This plugin is great, just what i wanted :)

Is it easy to get a third party app to change the name of my name?  If so can you point me somewhere where i can do it from Visual Basic (6). (My change station app for my dlink fm radio would be great with that)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by nix80908 on 11-23-2003 at 12:35 AM

NICE Plug-in!.. for once. I've found a user-friendly Plug-in that worked no troubles ;) (Y)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by ind3nt on 11-24-2003 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wouter
Read the Readme plz :P

i already did, i unchecked the thing and all im using winamp, IIIITTTSSS NOOTTT WEERRRKKIINNGGGG

edit:
       ok its updating my nick name but now it beeps every update and my chat box flickers, then after 10 updates the stupid boxez that say i cant update my nick pop-up... ii want it too werk!!
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by mshbk on 11-24-2003 at 12:22 AM

Ok I have no problem admitting I'm a total plank when it comes to stuff like this. I would like to use the feature, but I need an idiotproof description of what to do, where do I put the command?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by dotNorma on 11-24-2003 at 02:12 AM

Blah if u r using the /nick2 command to make the says: Dissapear than it will hide the song in nick :P So make sure its disabled and at that to the readme wouter

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by J2000_ca on 11-24-2003 at 12:27 PM

I'm using Winamp 5 and sometimes when I change the options and stop and restart the song it doesn't work til I restart msn. Also it add it on to the old one like "My name (!oldWAT)(!NewWAT) if you get what I mean.

Also could you make it so it removes the last song you were listening to when you turn it off and make it so if you have polygamy you can have it on, on one account and off on another.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 11-24-2003 at 12:49 PM

Hi,

I've juste installed the thing. I'm using Media Player 9 on Windows Server 2003. Everything should be ok, the song title appears in Media Player's title bar, the plugin is on (with the /xs2non command), i've entered "Now Playing : " in the options field... But the song title doesn't appear in my nick...
What have I done wrong ?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by HeLLCiTo on 11-25-2003 at 05:42 PM

it would be "Now Playing : (!WAT)" in the /xs2noptions

I always hear beep nick sometimes changes other no, but always sound the beep

using winamp and read the readme

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 11-25-2003 at 05:50 PM

Even with the (!WAT), it doesn't works...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by bach_m on 11-25-2003 at 10:20 PM

i have a request.  could you add on to this plugin the ability to work with Apple iTunes for Windows???? i use it becuase it syncs with my (still non-existant) iPod, and its a great app.

the API is at
http://developer.apple.com/sdk/#iTunesWin i hope u can do it :) pweeze??

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-26-2003 at 07:33 AM

yeah maby but first im going to finish my site :D (almost done)
then i have to learn my exams and then i will have a look for you :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by WebRaider on 11-26-2003 at 05:18 PM

When I run the installer, I get error's when Windows try's to registrate the .dll 's.
I've made a screenshot of it. can somebody please help me.

[Image: error.JPG]
Cause I'm using the duch version of Windows xp, I'll translate it (try to):

quote:
The file C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\Song2Nick.dll is not an executeble file and there is no registrationhelper for this type of file.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by bach_m on 11-26-2003 at 05:22 PM

read the first pages for the stuff about WMP. and "blogging.dll" does not translate to Song2nick.dll. logging.dll is something for WMP. reat\\\d the readme. thats why its there :refuck:

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 11-26-2003 at 06:27 PM

I have still not found why it is not working...

The blogging plugin is on (media player's title bar now contains the artist name + song).
I typed /xs2noptions in a chat session, i checked "Media Player", entered " Now Playing : (!WAT)" as the output String. After this, I typed /xs2non... A little message box told me the thing is enabled... But nothing appears in my nick...

What am I doing wrong ???

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-26-2003 at 06:50 PM

i donno what you are doing wrong i'm sorry but i dont have the time to help you out
i need to prepare my presentation i have tomorrow :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 11-26-2003 at 11:11 PM

So, tired of trying to make it work, I tried to disassemble the dll...

So I launched w32dasm, attached the dll to the messenger process, and started analysing the whole stuff.

I could see that the plugin successfully detected that it is on, and that I choosed Media Player (it launches two getSetting function, one returns the onOff setting (returns : "1", so it is on), the other returns the Player setting (returns : "WindowsMedia")).

But then, it seems that some kind of error occurs... And it restarts again and again...

So, what  is going on ? There is maybe a problem when the plugin tries to access media player's title bar to grab the artist + song name...

Maybe there's a problem cuz i'm using Server 2003....

Anyway ! Pleaaaase heeeeelp !

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 11-27-2003 at 04:44 PM

Another thing that may cause the stuff not working : i'm using messenger 6.1.0203... There may be some kind of incompatibility, cause it's a too recent version...

What do you think about it ?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 11-27-2003 at 06:14 PM

erf... it may come form this, yeah, incompatibility with 2003...

Last question, is there an order when performing the operations, like, launch at first messenger+, then media player, then switch on the plugin, or must I launch media player before everything ?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by BooGhost on 11-27-2003 at 06:18 PM

well you must install the plug in, restart Plus! and MSN Messenger. Then Open WMP, type "/xs2non" and that's it :-/

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 11-27-2003 at 06:23 PM

This is what I've done. msn+ launched, wmp opened with a media file playing, I then open a chat sessions with someone, type "/xs2non", the thing tells me that it is enabled... and then, nothing happens...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 11-27-2003 at 06:28 PM

Even in Windows Xp compatibility mode, the stuff's not weeerrrkkkiiinnnngggg.

It's driving me nuts...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 11-27-2003 at 08:28 PM

I've just noticed something weird...

In Media Player, when the track changes, during a second, a chat windows appears, named "Debug Window". And the chat sessions opened are blinking, during a second too.

So when the track changed, there is some kind of reaction from the plugin, but my nick still doesn't change...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 11-27-2003 at 08:38 PM

euhm just add me on msn then i will help you make it work

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by xxtaintedreamxx on 11-30-2003 at 06:15 AM

i just attempted to download Song2Nick and everytime i open MSN Messenger two error messages come up:  "The application or DLL C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\bloggin.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskettet."  and "The application or DLL C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\song2nick.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your intallation diskette."  As of now i don't really care about having this program on my computer.  I would just like to get it so that these messages dont show up.  If its easier I would just like to take traces of this program off of my computer.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by kwiriet on 11-30-2003 at 02:46 PM

you've got to unzip all the files first...got the same problem, but when i unzipped them all and then installed it worked!! (H)

i've also got the problem with the beeps and no namechanging...
i don't use the (!WAT) tag in my name b/c i use wmp so i really don't know what to do *-)
tried almost everything :S

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by jongampark on 12-01-2003 at 04:41 AM

I'm sorry to say this, but....
It doesn't work for me.

I use the WinAmp 5 RC 8, and MSN 6.1 on Windows XP.
I read the readme.txt, and do whatever I should do.
It doesn't work.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by BooGhost on 12-03-2003 at 12:01 AM

is there a way to make it stop showing the:

"Song to Nick disabled" and "song to nick enabled"

it's really desesperating when using the plugin so often :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by BooGhost on 12-03-2003 at 03:19 AM

another suggestion..... it'd be nice to be able to chose the order of the title, autor, etc.... normally it's

{nick}{parameter}{autor} - {title}

what i suggest is to make it so we could put everything in any order we want like:

{nick}{parameter}{title}{parameter}{autor}{parameter}

by {parameter} we understand anything (text whatever) :P :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 12-03-2003 at 10:31 PM

Before doing this, make it work under win2k3... :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 12-05-2003 at 11:49 AM

w00t I just finished my website :D http://www.reclames.net :D
Now ii have to learn for my exams that I will get the next 2 weeks
then i will fix all the problems and include the title etc. :o)

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Da Cobra on 12-06-2003 at 05:45 PM

Hi,

just discovered this plugin and guess what?

it also doesn't work :(
I have windows xp, winamp 3.0d, (using the mmd3 skin), msn messenger 6.1.0203 and messenger plus! 2.52.72.
Everything installed fine, and I can use the command lines.
1:    Make sure that Tools-->options-->privacy and then the option:
    Only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages is disabeld (else it won't work properly) => this is disabled
so now I activate Song 2 nick : /xs2non => song 2 nick enabled!!!
Now I hear a beep everytime a new song starts but my nick stays the same

so now I want to try this :

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger_Plus!
Blah if u r using the /nick2 command to make the says: Dissapear than it will hide the song in nick :P So make sure its disabled and at that to the readme wouter

but I don't understand what you mean Messenger_plus!?

pls explain

thanx in advance...
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Ell Dude on 12-07-2003 at 02:43 PM

Alright, I'm gonna try and get this as informative as possible here.

I'm using MSN version 6.1.0203, MSN Plus! version 2.52.72. I'm also using Windows XP and Winamp version 2.91.

Now, I installed it perfectly and restarted MSN. Then I typed in /xs2noptions and sorted that out. WinAmp was on, but no song was playing. Then, I typed /xs2non and it said it was enabled. Then as soon as I pressed play on WinAmp and go back to a conversation window, it just automatically says (by 'says', I mean comes up as though I've typed it) 'Text2'. Then as soon as the song changes, it says 'Text2' again.

What could be going wrong?

=(

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Pure_BY on 12-10-2003 at 08:41 PM

Plugin is sweet, but... The error or whatever sound when song changes is annoying, + i dont want artist name in my nick, it makes name far too long...

These 2 things make me not use it, sorry :(

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 12-11-2003 at 08:50 AM

Ok i just changed a few thing according to the windows media player
now you can chose to have author,album,duration,title the and multiline nick names
for example now you can have your name like Wouter >> (Title)-(Album):(Duration)(8)
maby i will also make this for winamp and mmjb
and about the beep thers not much i can do about that

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 12-11-2003 at 09:00 AM

i will update this for winamp to but that will be next week cause i still have those damn no good exams |-)
update for winamp will be that you can display
Duration,song number,sample rate, bitrate,channels,album,artist,song

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Luke87 on 12-13-2003 at 12:47 PM

OI fix it to work on RC10 !!!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by thezero0 on 12-15-2003 at 06:26 AM

WORKS GREAT!!!

THANKS MAN

ALL MY CONTACTS WANT IT TOO!!!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by xWKxRonaldinho on 12-17-2003 at 01:46 PM

Well :( I have the same problem as Lecastor2001

I installed the plug in correctly

I followed all the instruction

The plugin is enabled in windows media player
The croice in privacy in msn is disabled

In option plugin i putted windows media player and i tried to write all thing i saw in this forum with /nick /nick2 without it ; with the (!WAT) without it ....

I enabled the patch with the command

And i just have the song when i change track no more my nickname dont change....

I have windows xp pro
With msn 6.1.02.03 (BooGhost)
MsgPlus! 2.52.72

PLZ HELP ME I WANT THIS PLUG IN TO WORK !!! :D

THanks all .

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 12-18-2003 at 07:46 AM

tomoorow i will update my plugin i hope it will work for you then

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Renegade on 12-21-2003 at 04:29 PM

I just got this to work - nice one :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Pure_BY on 12-22-2003 at 01:26 PM

Btw, i have a suggestion for plug-in:

To be able to only display songs with rating 4 or 5 stars ;)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by xWKxRonaldinho on 12-22-2003 at 11:31 PM

Go go go update :p

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 12-28-2003 at 04:56 PM

Ok here's the new update some new commands have been added

Unicode supported nicks and some new commands

Commands for in your name:
Winamp:
(!XWPALBUM)
(!XWPARTIST)
(!XWPTITLE)

Windows Media Player:
(!XWMPALBUM)
(!XWMPARTIST)
(!XWMPTITLE)
(!XWMPDURATION)

for furhter information please read the new readme included in the zip file

[offtopic]
:o) my 100st post :o) (H) :-#8-|
[/offtopic]

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by lopardo on 12-28-2003 at 05:27 PM

Cool, downloading right now :)

Is the automation error (with latest :plus2:) fixed or is it Patchou's fault?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by xWKxRonaldinho on 12-29-2003 at 12:21 AM

Still dont work :(

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by dvanduijn on 12-29-2003 at 01:23 PM

Everytime when i install song2nick i get 2 errors while msn messenger is starting it are runtime errors.

i already installed vbruntime 6.0 and directx 9.0 but i still have the same problem.

can anybody tell me how to fix this?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by lopardo on 12-29-2003 at 04:37 PM

It seems to be a problem with the latest :plus2: version... :(

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by FaN2SpAnKy on 12-30-2003 at 10:06 AM

Windows media player, musicmatch, winamp and what about Foobar ????

This plugin doesn't work with Foobar :(

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by mad_scientist on 12-31-2003 at 07:42 PM

this is a very good plugin
it says it supports MusicMatch
but it doesnt
could support be added
or if not
at least point me to another plugin that works
if somebody knows a plugin with musicmatch support email me
mad_scientist_me@msn.com
thanx in advance

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Rickjeuh on 01-02-2004 at 04:57 PM

Hello,
I have installed this plugin but when i start msn messenger i get 2 errors. Error 7 'Out of memory' and error 400 'Automation Error' Something like that. Can anybody asap help me to fix it?

Greetz,

Rick

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Justintinov2003 on 01-03-2004 at 12:28 AM

I get two errors when loading.  Here is the first one.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Justintinov2003 on 01-03-2004 at 12:28 AM

Here is the other.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Bryant11 on 01-03-2004 at 09:54 PM

Hey guys,

Running XP SP1, Athlon 2600+, 512DDR

Fresh, new install of both the latest version of MSN Plus! and MSN Messenger.

Getting two errors when I load the program (see attached)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Bryant11 on 01-03-2004 at 09:55 PM

And the 2nd message:

Hope this helps!

I've been looking for a plugin that'll change my nick from the current Winamp song for a while!

Hope we can get this cleared up as I look forward to using this one!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by bach_m on 01-03-2004 at 10:02 PM

anyone got a way to do hte iTunes stuff yet?? i'm REALLY waiting for that

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Doofay on 01-04-2004 at 09:56 PM

I get the message "Run-time error '7':
                               Out of memory

I'm running 768mb of ram and a 2200 processor, and very few programs atm :/

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 01-13-2004 at 09:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Doofay
I get the message "Run-time error '7':
                               Out of memory

I'm running 768mb of ram and a 2200 processor, and very few programs atm :/

i think you need to update you messengerplus
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by JaymachRalTir on 01-13-2004 at 08:24 PM

It's actually a problem WITH the latest plus...I can't remember what it actually involves....I just remember it being about something not being closed in the code...will just look it up again and edit this post...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Justintinov2003 on 01-15-2004 at 02:11 AM

I had the same problem but recently I reinstalled Windows Messenger 4.7 but I still use 6.1 and now Song 2 Nick works perfectly.  If you uninstalled Windows Messenger I advise you to reinstall it.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by baby genius on 01-15-2004 at 06:19 PM

it doesn't work with me...
it said that the install was successful
but when i type the commands, it doesn't recogniz'em...
very weird!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by baby genius on 01-15-2004 at 06:38 PM

hrm, runtime error 7.
is there a sollution for it yet?

i don't see it anywhere... :-s

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Justintinov2003 on 01-16-2004 at 03:40 AM

One Question how does it automatically go into your name.  Because sometimes it does it but when the song changes it stays the same how come it doesnt change with it?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by ranicx on 01-16-2004 at 07:51 AM

ok ive read through the whole thread hopeing to find sumthing that will help me, but i havent yet.. soo
the problem i have is, i install it fine, everything was sucsessful, the cmds in the IM window work fine to open up the options, and then i give the cmd to turn it on, it says its on, but theres no change in my nick name at all.. ive got winamp playing songs too.

also another very anoying thing, is that since i installed this plugin, windows messenger will always start when i launch msn messenger.. i ahet windows messenger, and it just wont piss off.

any help would be very good as windows messenger starting up all the time is anoying the hell outa me.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by ranicx on 01-16-2004 at 08:57 AM

well.. forget the last post :P cause mnjul has helped me get rid of windows messenger.. but now im just getting the same errors as other ppl when i open msn messenger (the 'run time' errors), and the plugin isnt running at all.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by LeCastor2001 on 01-16-2004 at 08:59 AM

Every nights, I dream that Wouter releases the source code...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by ranicx on 01-16-2004 at 09:02 AM

lol.. for sum reason i dont think that Wouter will do that :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Federico Debla on 01-17-2004 at 05:03 AM

Well, I get those two errors showed before
This one:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?tid=18116&pid=185086
and this one:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?tid=18116&pid=185087

I have:
Messenger Plus! 2.54.74 (latest version I think)
MSN Messenger 6.1 (6.1.0203)
Windows XP (no SPs)

I've installed the plug in, this way:
Closed MSN, hit ctrl+alt+delete  and finished the MSN Plus! process (also tried without finishing the MSN Plus! process), installed the plug in, opened MSN Messenger and........ I get those 2 errors showed in the screenshots above.

I REALLY hope you find a final fix for this plugin and keep updating for future Plus! and MSN versions.

Cheers and thanks.

See ya!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Undisclosedpower on 01-17-2004 at 10:40 PM

heyas, great plugin,

just curious can u make so that it doesnt beep when the song changes? its quite annoying!

also can u make it work with shoutcast streaming audio? coz when i listen to radio it pops up this box about the stream that doesnt go away and my nick doesnt change.

cheers

UDP

edit: bad news, just upgraded to the newest version of msg plus and its stopped working :( oh well was good while it lasted.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 01-18-2004 at 01:06 AM

i bet you get the out of memory error

cause there are some problems with the new plus version and the compactibilty i could tell patchou about this but i dont have his msn so theres nothing i can do about it sorry

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by bach_m on 01-18-2004 at 01:09 AM

send an email to mplus@patchou.com

and u figured out anything about iTunes?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 01-18-2004 at 01:24 AM

ok i will make one for itunes to

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Undisclosedpower on 01-18-2004 at 11:08 AM

Well, pretty much what happens is that when msn loads it just crashes straight away and a debug.window pops up i waited for about five minutes but nothing appeard in the debug window so i had to hard reset. I've now done a clean install of the newest versions of messenger and msg plus but im scared to install the plugin again. If you can guarantee it to work for me with the newest versions then i will. I am on windows xp pro sp1. Also i doubt it could be a memory error since i have 768mb of ddr ram. Can you also try to fix that beep!?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by MC Inferno on 01-18-2004 at 04:53 PM

Is it an auto update on the name one?

Because i already have WMPlus 2 and this isnt :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Pure_BY on 01-19-2004 at 04:08 PM

yeat its auto-updatable... You can use this plug-in for info in your name, and WMPlus 2 for /xmp command ;)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Undisclosedpower on 01-20-2004 at 06:54 PM

Okay, decided to install the plugin again and it now works (latest version of plus and messenger) but the cpu usage is true the roof!like about 70% :(

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by USSJ4Brolli on 01-22-2004 at 12:18 AM

[color=purple]Hey, This is far the best(Y) program iv used for song 2 nick, but, it doesnt seem to work with the newest build of Plus!...it has the memory 7 error, and the plugin wont load...it works with the lower version of the Plus! b/c i used it b4 with it, lotsa times, then when i installed the new version, it wouldnt work......any sugestions on whats wrong or do u just need to update the thing?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Justintinov2003 on 01-24-2004 at 03:58 AM

Is it supposed to auto update the name? Because when I play a playlist it plays the first song then the rest it just beeps I have to manually delete the old on then it puts it in.
It gets tiresome after awhile.

run-time by sjollione on 02-09-2004 at 09:18 PM

Hi there Wouter,
Your Plugin looks promising!
I've donwloaden the lastest:
- MSN Messenger 6.1
- MSN Plus 2.54.0074
- Visual Basic Run-time 6: SP5

But still,
I get two errors from loading Messenger, both run-time errors, 429 and 440.
I've read this entire topic and indeed I've found some alarming replies about these errors.
Wouter, can you tell me when you'd be able too fix these issues?!

Good luck,
Sjol

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by a1niter on 02-11-2004 at 07:42 AM

I am using this plugin with Messenger 6.1 and MSG PLUS! Ver2.51.68 of Nov1st  This is the last version in which this plugin works....  no other versions of MSGPLUS are compatible with this plugin...   I have tried them all beyond 2.51 and they dont work ths is your trouble people!!!!  If you would like to use this plugin get Ver2.51.68 as of today this link works:  NOTE: this is not my site, was found wit google.

http://members.lycos.nl/christiaanssite/Bestanden/MsgPlus-251.exe

edit***  Direct link may not work...  Here is the Dir Listing    http://members.lycos.nl/christiaanssite/Bestanden/

Good Luck you might be able to find this version on overnet or edonkey but be suspect of possible viruses....

Good Luck guys!!!

hopefully Patch and Qout can figure out the incompat

Cheers!   8-|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by USSJ4Brolli on 02-13-2004 at 02:51 AM

correction to a1niter`s comment, that is all incorrect, it is, and always has worked for me with plus! version 2.52.72 (one lower than the newest one) and all my friends who use it use the same versions i use, including the newest messenger version, so people, use 2.52.72 for this plugin to work without flaws or errors, thankz

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Renegade on 02-29-2004 at 08:05 PM

Ok, having just installed the latest version of Song2Nick and THEN read about it, I now need a way to remove it from my PC so I can run Plus again. Does it have an uninstaller or anything similar?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by lopardo on 02-29-2004 at 08:19 PM

Just go to your :plus2: folder (usually C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2), then go to Plugins and delete the DLL file of the plugin (sorry, I don't remember its name).

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Renegade on 02-29-2004 at 08:31 PM

Got it, thanks for the help :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by dacimus on 03-14-2004 at 04:17 AM

Ok, I really love the fact that you are taking the time to work on a plugin like this.  I have one suggestion though.

Since :plus2: enables you to type

code:
(!WAT)
to insert the current song into a conversation and if you type
code:
/name (!WAT)
it places the song name as your name, would it not be possible to author a small program that automatically types
code:
/name <optional text> (!WAT) <optional text>
whenever Winamp changes a song?  If you could look at that it would be much simpler than what is already running.

Thanks and I hope my suggestion helps.
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by myprecious on 03-20-2004 at 09:15 AM

Is there any new info on this plug-in? I downloaded it and it worked but as soon as I restarted my PC it stopped working, and it claims to be enabled and is still making the beep sound whenever the song changes...I really like it though (Y)

edit to add: ok it seems to be working again. It's kinda temperamental. To get rid of the annoying beep i just went into my sounds and turned the default beep off, i always detested that particular sound anyways.:D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 03-20-2004 at 12:26 PM

Ok i fixed the beeping problem
i will upload the new version soon

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by myprecious on 03-20-2004 at 05:24 PM

yay!!how about adding real player? and making so that u can have ur privacy option abled??:P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by miguy2k on 03-21-2004 at 08:09 AM

Yay, excellent idea!! I'm gonna like this plugin very mutch :D

But I have some probs too...

I use Windows Media Player and the following msn/plus versions:
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0211
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.54.0074

I dont get any runtime errors but when I turn the plugin on using the /xs2non command, it says "enabled" but doesnt do anything...

Any help or fixes in the new version?

Good luck Wouter, this is a gr8 plugin!

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by KSPSlice on 03-27-2004 at 03:51 AM

this version of msgplus worked for me as well.  using msn messenger 6.1.0211 with Windows Media Player 9.  The newest version of msgplus would not work with the plug in.

quote:
Originally posted by a1niter
I am using this plugin with Messenger 6.1 and MSG PLUS! Ver2.51.68 of Nov1st  This is the last version in which this plugin works....  no other versions of MSGPLUS are compatible with this plugin...   I have tried them all beyond 2.51 and they dont work ths is your trouble people!!!!  If you would like to use this plugin get Ver2.51.68 as of today this link works:  NOTE: this is not my site, was found wit google.

http://members.lycos.nl/christiaanssite/Bestanden/MsgPlus-251.exe

edit***  Direct link may not work...  Here is the Dir Listing    http://members.lycos.nl/christiaanssite/Bestanden/

Good Luck you might be able to find this version on overnet or edonkey but be suspect of possible viruses....

Good Luck guys!!!

hopefully Patch and Qout can figure out the incompat

Cheers!   8-|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Nehemoth on 03-30-2004 at 01:21 AM

First i want to thank you for this plugging and second i want to ask you something and then finally give you a link with some info that could help you...

Is not better that you used just the Word "Playing" Instead of "currently Playing ", is shorter and give the complete idea..

Any news about the Privacy concern??, i don't like that everybody that IS NOT in my allowed list could contac me...

Here is the link
http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/winampsongtitle.asp

The only problem i believe with the above links is that if you made something with C# we will need the .net framework..is that correct??

Anyway is the plugging works better i'll install the >net framework...

:-)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 03-30-2004 at 09:07 PM

how do you mean ?
currently Playing

you can change this by going to the options page
/xs2noptions

and whats with that link ? you gave me ? :-#

(oh yeah and about the security issue i will fix this, next week cause im busy @ school atm)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Nehemoth on 03-30-2004 at 10:43 PM

Thank youuu...
wao this plugging really rock

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Plugin on 04-03-2004 at 11:05 PM

Very nice plugin although I have 2 issues. When using with winamp5 it wont read wma tags. The big problem is that it has got a cpu overburn and when i open msn messenger with this plugin, cpu usage shoots directly to 100%.

Any suggestions are welcome.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kotsvlok on 04-16-2004 at 11:21 AM

A while ago i disabled it, now i want to enable it..but the "/xs2npon " command doesnt work, what to do?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 04-16-2004 at 11:36 AM

read the readme again :P
or just choose the options from the plus-->plugins-->song2nick :)
its not called /xs2npon but /xs2non :)

quote:
some command (enter the commands in your chat window)
/xs2noptions - - shows the options page
/xs2nabout - - shows the about dialog
/xs2non - - enable current song to nick
/xs2noff - - disable current song to nick

Commands for in your name:
Winamp:
(!XWPALBUM)
(!XWPARTIST)
(!XWPTITLE)

Windows Media Player:
(!XWMPALBUM)
(!XWMPARTIST)
(!XWMPTITLE)
(!XWMPDURATION)

Multiline nick by pressing Ctrl-Enter (like in msn)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Smethead on 04-16-2004 at 05:21 PM

It works with me except in my nickname
here is what i did.
1. I've installed s2n successful.
2. /xs2noptions --> copied that line into my nick
3. /xs2non
It does work when i type in a conv window (!WMPTITLE)-(!WMPARTIST)-etc...

Other plugins i've installed (could be reason for malfunction):
Audiator
Handwriting Enabler
Plugin Reloader
Stuffplug
RDM Speech for Messenger Plus
Wipey's Messenger Plus Plugin
Fserv for MSN

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Maniac on 04-22-2004 at 11:31 PM

Hey, sorry for bringing back an old topic, but i guessed it would be better than making a whole new thread.

Anyways, I just installed the song2nick plugin, it works just fine when im chatting in a window, but in my nick .... well... it just doesnt work ... instead of the actual artist it says: (!XWMPARTIST)

I have msn 6.1, with the latest plus! (edit: i just installed 6.2 and updated plus! accordingly) ... i unckecked the privacy thing, and checked the plugin in wmp... but it doesnt work, if anyone can help thank you very much

Ps: Now that i bothered to register you might actuall see me around ;)

Edit: I jsut realised my wmp goes "bonk" when the song changes, and my nick suddenly changed for one song... but it wont change again.... :S

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Kotsvlok on 04-24-2004 at 05:55 PM

btw, it only reads mp3's..not CD's, that's a shame :(

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Maniac on 04-24-2004 at 07:16 PM

Will deleting the dll file delete everything i need to delete to get rid of this pludin? I want to try reinstalling it, it went crazy

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by SteveIrwin on 05-03-2004 at 10:45 AM

Hi ,
Im using MSN 6.1.0211 and MSN Plus! 2.54.74 on Windows XP ( no service packs yet )

It doesnt work here :S And I cant figure out why ... I followed the instructions in the read me ... everything installed the right way, no errors. I went to the options and tried both Winamp 5.0 and Windows Media Player 9.0 ( also enabled the plugin on WMP9.0 ) It does beep tho but thats really the only thing thats always working :/ but no name change in my nick ... I also tried various commands in my nick like (!WAT) , (!XWPARTIST) etc...

Only thing Im getting out of this plugin is a few beeps :( Its a  shame. It seems like a really cool plugin :)

Anyways I hope someone can help me getting this to work.

Thx in advance.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by CookieRevised on 05-03-2004 at 12:24 PM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by SteveIrwin
Windows XP ( no service packs yet )
I HIGHLY recommend that you update your XP as soon as possible... Not only for many bugfixes, but mostly for security reasons!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by SteveIrwin on 05-03-2004 at 02:50 PM

No one knows the answer to get this plugin to work properly ?

:( darn

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by The_Raven on 05-03-2004 at 03:18 PM

Having a serious bug where whenever I start MSN MEssenger _6.2_ I get a window with a chat sesseion with a debug thing and then a closing MSN. Trying to uninstall now, if you can fix it, fine, otherwise, it's goodbye to this.

RE: run-time by Barisko on 05-12-2004 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sjollione
Hi there Wouter,
Your Plugin looks promising!
I've donwloaden the lastest:
- MSN Messenger 6.1
- MSN Plus 2.54.0074
- Visual Basic Run-time 6: SP5

But still,
I get two errors from loading Messenger, both run-time errors, 429 and 440.
I've read this entire topic and indeed I've found some alarming replies about these errors.
Wouter, can you tell me when you'd be able too fix these issues?!

Good luck,
Sjol

same here....

please please please help!
i really want to use this plugin!

Thanks
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Barisko on 05-13-2004 at 03:24 PM

so... sjollione and me are the only ones having this problem...?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by PaPalemon on 05-22-2004 at 02:17 PM

Is it because of the blogging.dll which is causing the problem? the Debug screens appears everytime i activates the blogging.dll

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Deep on 05-23-2004 at 06:09 AM

me also facing same problem..
i tried to uninstall the software using installer file but same problem remains..

it takes 1 min to load the messenger..
any solution guys?

Deep

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by trajillo on 05-23-2004 at 11:11 AM

i've done my research and i've noticed, after i downloaded the lastest version of WINDOWS messenger (thats windows, not MSN(there are different) ) song2nick works !!! but if i didn't have the lastest then................. it would hav errorrs at the start,
btw this covers up the error at msn load problem but not the install one(Y)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Lynx on 05-23-2004 at 08:19 PM

hi,
i like the plugin of yours but it doesn't seem to be working with the latest version of msn messenger, it would be (Y) when you fixed the problem,
good luck

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by roytam1 on 05-24-2004 at 02:19 PM

This plug-in doesn't work if in_mp3 is disabled in winamp. And this plug-in doesn't get the song title with other winamp input plug-in. Plx fix this problem.

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by dovey8321 on 05-24-2004 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The_Raven
Having a serious bug where whenever I start MSN MEssenger _6.2_ I get a window with a chat sesseion with a debug thing and then a closing MSN. Trying to uninstall now, if you can fix it, fine, otherwise, it's goodbye to this.

im having the same problem

it kept signing me out and crashing

i like the plug in and think it would be gr8 if u cud get it 2 work with 6.2
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 05-24-2004 at 05:24 PM

well maby when i have some more time i will make an update of this programm but i dont promise anything :)

cause currently im verry busy earning money on developing websites (yes it pays verry good (H)) and school and ofcource my social life :)

I am really sorry i dont have much time to programm anymore :(

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by dovey8321 on 05-24-2004 at 05:30 PM

neva mind lol

wish i had a social lyf tho lol

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Deep on 05-25-2004 at 04:10 AM

graet but now how to remove it ?
i tried to uninstall using setup file but didnt work..

any ideas?

Deep

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by dovey8321 on 05-25-2004 at 11:17 AM

i cudnt figure out how so i jus uninstalled n reinstalled plus

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by R1tjuh on 05-25-2004 at 05:06 PM

lool restart the setup and click uninstall

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Netdard on 05-27-2004 at 12:20 PM

Hi,
I have MSN  Messenger 6.2 and Messenger Plus!  3. Song2Nick doesn't work, when initiating MSN Messenger it says to me that the DLL is not a valued application Windows, I can solve somehow?  I must wait for a new version of Song2nick?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Arutha on 05-27-2004 at 02:56 PM

Runtime error 7 problem here too

I can change my nick with the nick command but the autoupdate command simply isn't recognised.
Msn 6.2 and Msgplus 3

But also tried 6.1 with 2.5.. same problem.

Hope you got some spare time to update, this is the only excisting song2nick plugin for msn6 I know!

ps. Cool gedaan hoor ;)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Curve[UK] on 05-29-2004 at 12:05 AM

[Image: song2nick.gif]

Nuff said innit, plz you god of a human please update this plugin for:

MSN: 6.2.0133
PLUS: 3.00.92
PLAYER: Winamp 5

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by RebelSean on 05-29-2004 at 01:55 AM

Awesome job well done :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by robev on 05-29-2004 at 02:23 PM

its a good script but i installed and i type a command and it doesnt work, says its not a valid / command or (!) command, and the .dll is inthe plugin folder

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by robev on 05-29-2004 at 02:44 PM

does this work for msn+ 3? cauz thats what im using

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by NeSSDaRK on 05-30-2004 at 09:39 AM

Im spanish
i use
msn plus 3
messenger 6.1   

the plugin work

i dont work on a messenger 6.2 :(

the plugin updated??? to work on a messenger 6.2?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Curve[UK] on 05-31-2004 at 12:20 PM

I wish it worked on 6.2, do you know how hard it is to find a 6.1 setup file?  Thats stable and doesnt have BETA ect

Please update this file cos it rocks so dam much!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by rompom7 on 05-31-2004 at 01:09 PM

I have:
- Messenger 6.1
- .NET Framework
- Plus! v3
- Windows XP SP1 + All Updates.

It no workey for me. :(

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Curve[UK] on 05-31-2004 at 01:14 PM

Hell dude it all works sweetly for me:

Winamp 5
MSN: 6.1
PLUS: MsgPlus-251

If you want i can put the setup files up.

The version of 6.1 i used is a beta but it updates itself to the latest stable 6.1

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by D@ffy on 06-05-2004 at 07:45 AM

Doesn't work here either. I have MSN Messenger 6.1.0211 en Messenger Plus! 2.51.68. (& Winamp 5.03a)
I see something flash on my screen when I change song in Winamp, and I can change settings, all commands work, but my nickname just doesn't change. Windows Messenger 4.7 is installed and is able to start.

Someone who has any hints? Curve[UK], can you post the exact version numbers that work on your computer?

P.S: I use WinXP Pro, but without SP1

Thx,

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by YpR^ on 06-06-2004 at 10:52 AM

Is it possible somehow to get the MSN v. 6.1 ? ...... :) ...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by CookieRevised on 06-06-2004 at 10:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YpR^
Is it possible somehow to get the MSN v. 6.1 ? ...... :) ...
http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/3/c/83c4...c0982f21/Setup.exe
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by YpR^ on 06-06-2004 at 11:06 AM

CookieRevised >> Gr8 ! :D ... iv'e been seaching over and over... and thought i was ended on http://www.1112.net/lastpage.html
... hehe ;) nice PLug thou....

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by 912 on 06-07-2004 at 07:26 AM

I get runtime error "7"

Out of memory.. wat the??? :S

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by rompom7 on 06-08-2004 at 06:27 AM

YpR^ 6.1 wont help.. i am using it now... still no worky

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by YpR^ on 06-08-2004 at 06:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rompom7
YpR^ 6.1 wont help.. i am using it now... still no worky

Ye u'r right,... :) don't w0rk.....

Have to be patient for the next release *-)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Barisko on 06-12-2004 at 06:36 PM

MSN Messenger 6.2.0133
MsgPlus! 3.01.94
Winamp 2.95

Don't know why... I have a clean system install, have Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger, don't have no other plugins... but still:
everytime the plugin changes my nickname MSN Messenger crashes!

help?!

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by myprecious on 06-20-2004 at 01:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Barisko
MSN Messenger 6.2.0133
MsgPlus! 3.01.94
Winamp 2.95

Don't know why... I have a clean system install, have Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger, don't have no other plugins... but still:
everytime the plugin changes my nickname MSN Messenger crashes!

help?!

doesn't work on msn messenger 6.2
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 06-25-2004 at 02:23 PM

ok some good news for the people who like(d) to use song2nick
i just restarted this project and the first beta will be avalible soon

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by PaPalemon on 06-25-2004 at 03:13 PM

Thanks Wouter =) Will be waiting for it :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by theceg on 06-26-2004 at 09:23 AM

Mmm, how lovely to advertise each and every song... even the ones past 20,000 in the WinAmp queue. Yay! :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 06-26-2004 at 02:29 PM

ok here it is
currently only winamp & windows media player Supported (if WMPLUS 2 installed) http://www.x2software.net/downloads/wmplus2.exe

commands are in the readme (readme is in the plugin dir)
have fun

download here
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=162550#pid162550

btw
want to contact me goto the IRC channel

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by da_champ on 06-27-2004 at 04:34 PM

Doesnt work here :@.. Had it a time ago, damn nice plugin, but i have format my pc some times.. Now i DL that you put out today, but cant get the song2nick to work.. Have the newest msn 6.2 and plus 3.????? :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 06-27-2004 at 05:13 PM

you probably removed windows messenger
http://messenger.microsoft.com/

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by callmebobo on 06-28-2004 at 09:43 AM

THe EXe INstaller GOt A LOt OF FAilures ALl THe TIme, BUt I FInaly GEt IT WOrking. COol PLugin, KEep UP THa GOod WOrk :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by D@ffy on 06-28-2004 at 04:24 PM

Thank you very much for picking it up again! :D
I finally got it to work. :)

Only one error that sprung into my attention: when I pause Winamp, I keep getting errors that my nick can't be changed at a rate of 3-4 per second or so. Pretty annoying because the taskbar gets saturated in no time. When stopping a song, there's no problem, only when I pause it. So, is there anyone else who has this problem? (Is it a bug?)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 06-28-2004 at 04:34 PM

Yes its a bug, letme fix it.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Jafferman2004 on 06-28-2004 at 04:51 PM

will this work on msn 6.2 soon?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 06-28-2004 at 06:04 PM

ok i just fixed the bug download new version here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=268740

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 06-28-2004 at 06:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jafferman2004

yes it already does :)
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=268740
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by FuzzyWuzzy on 06-29-2004 at 02:19 AM

I get this error everytime i close msn

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Jafferman2004 on 06-29-2004 at 03:15 AM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jafferman2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes it already does
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=268740

i get a run time error 7
out of memory error?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Jafferman2004 on 06-29-2004 at 07:01 PM

this is the error i get when i open msn

[Image: 5565.JPG]

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 06-29-2004 at 07:15 PM

install the runtimes

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...9d5&displaylang=en

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Jafferman2004 on 06-29-2004 at 08:16 PM

i installed it but still get the same msg

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 06-30-2004 at 07:25 AM

have you removed windows messenger?
if so reinstall http://messenger.microsoft.com/
after install reboot

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by D@ffy on 06-30-2004 at 02:41 PM

quote:
ok i just fixed the bug download new version here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=268740

Link doesn't work here :(
RE: RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 06-30-2004 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D@ffy
quote:

Link doesn't work here :(

sorry i removed it because all further updates of this programm wil be posted here
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=162550#pid162550 :P

zo just download it from the front page
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by the punisher on 06-30-2004 at 04:03 PM

the song to nick doesn't work properly all it ever says is error why

RE: RE: RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by D@ffy on 07-01-2004 at 09:40 AM

quote:

sorry i removed it because all further updates of this programm wil be posted here
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=162550#pid162550 :P

zo just download it from the front page

Owkay, thx! :)
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,3,5 by Wouter on 07-01-2004 at 10:35 AM

ok after dinner i will make song2nick compactible with itunes

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 07-01-2004 at 12:07 PM

ok song2nick now also works with iTunes, have fun!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by rompom7 on 07-03-2004 at 09:23 AM

ActiveX error '429'

Can't create object

I have VB6.0 Runtimes and the .NET Framework
Window XP Pro
Messenger 6.2

Also I select winamp during the installation.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 07-03-2004 at 02:50 PM

1. Open a Command Prompt (Start Menu --> Run --> COMMAND) and press ENTER
2. Type the following command: REGSVR32 SCRRUN.DLL - and then press ENTER
3. You should see a successful confirmation message. If not, make sure you typed the command correctly and are located in the correct directory.
4. Re-run MSN Messenger and see if you still get the error

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Hitokiri on 07-03-2004 at 03:53 PM

first tried it a few months ago...always got runtime error 430 when i launched messenger so i waited a few months for a new release, tried it again today..still same error, yes runtimes are installed

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by rompom7 on 07-03-2004 at 11:59 PM

Nope I successfully registered SCRRUN.DLL using the method you said above, but I still get the error.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Hitokiri on 07-04-2004 at 11:09 AM

Wouter, maybe you should just include the needed dll's in the installer and it'll save a lot of ppl headaches :p
i've tried dozens of different microsoft files: vb6 runtimes, mdac, whatever..don't ask me what they do though, my programming knowledge is limited

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by EftheM on 07-07-2004 at 12:34 PM

EDIT:

now it works, had to uncheck my windows messenger blocking

oki I just installed it

Have Messenger 6.2.0137
Have Messenger Plus 3.01.94
Have installed the runtime libraries

Installing goes ok. Placed "(!WAT)" in my nickname (without the quotes).. nothing happens..

after say 20 secs I get windows pop up saying there is a problem in the nick2song.exe and the program is shutdown.. I can send bug report yes or no...

what could this be?

Goed bezig wouter btw, hopen dat het gaat werken!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by danb00 on 07-14-2004 at 09:18 AM

ok right

im using windows media player 9 msn 6.2 windows xp pro and messenger plus 3.0

and i get a runtime error when loading up msn

before you ask yes i tried registering the 2 files through the run command, also i tried running all the VB dll's

but i get this 2 errors popup

[Image: error2.JPG]

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Gobelet on 07-18-2004 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Some people are just to .......

huh? Where's the plugin?
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by myprecious on 07-19-2004 at 04:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gobelet
huh? Where's the plugin?
i was wondering the same thing :(
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by serlex on 07-20-2004 at 12:02 PM

I cannot find where to download the plugin either...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by DiegoCJ on 07-24-2004 at 05:02 PM

Ok... I got the plugin... but how can i put the song name in my nick?
I'm using it with iTunes(and I'm also running the MultiPlugin_052 on iTunes) but I can't get to song in my nick...

My nick is like this < MyName -- www.something.com > and I would like it to be this: < MyName -- Listening: SongName - Artist -- www.something.com > how do I do that?
Oh and this Plugin auto updates my nick every time the song changes?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by YpR^ on 07-24-2004 at 06:40 PM

Well.... Okay.. :) I've installed tje plug - but nothing happen's :( - BUt no error's either :S...

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by DiegoCJ on 07-26-2004 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Well.... Okay.. :) I've installed tje plug - but nothing happen's :( - BUt no error's either :S...

Same thing here... No matter what I do the song doesn't show up on the nick...

I'm using MSN 6.2(Brazilian) + iTunes w/ multi plugin... can anybody help?
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by YpR^ on 07-26-2004 at 06:24 PM

Well... Error found :)

Run-time Error '-2147023170 (800706be)':

Method '~' of object '~' failed.

Any clues ? ;)

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by DiegoCJ on 07-30-2004 at 05:39 PM

quote:

Any clues ? ;)

Looks like nobody wanna help us... :^)
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Federico Debla on 07-31-2004 at 02:33 AM

The idea of the plugin is pretty cool. But I think it needs lot of work on it.
I mean, there're more posts about errors, and non-working stuff in this thread than giving feedback  to you, Wouter.
I've installed it myself, a lot of times, even after re-formatting the comp, but I've never been able to get it working, not with Winamp, neither with WMP....
That's pretty shitty..... I don't mean to be mean or something, the idea is GREAT and the plugin itself is good, but its full of bugs. I think you should trying to get some Beta Testers (I offer myself) from people who's having troubles with the plugin. and realase a 99% Sure Working version.

Hit me back, just to chat and help.
FeDe [X3]

RE: RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by YpR^ on 08-01-2004 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DiegoCJ
quote:

Any clues ? ;)

Looks like nobody wanna help us... :^)

Well i've almost given up to get it to work :) ,... but i think i survive without ;) ... but yeah-... Great plug-idea
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 08-01-2004 at 12:20 PM

looks like it

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Curve[UK] on 08-02-2004 at 03:07 PM

Crap just checked it out, seems to work perfectly with Windows Messenger, but when you use MSN 6.2 it buggers up.

So sort yourself out guys before you slag of someone.  Wouter what verion of msn not windows messenger did you test it with?

***EDIT:

Ok i did absolutly everything and i mean everything that you suggested wouter and guess what...

IT WORKED MUhahahaha

So er guys good luck and thanks for the amazingly stunning plug in wouter!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Colditz on 08-05-2004 at 06:13 PM

I've been trying over 2 hours now to get the file í'm playing in wmp into my msn nick but it just wont work

i've downloaded the wmplus2 plugin and the song2nick plugin.... i both installed them.... and they are both loaded into msn.

but i can't figure out what i have to do

can someone please help me...... thanks a lot!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Hitokiri on 08-15-2004 at 08:47 AM

so much for ever finding a working plugin..

still get the same error (runtime 430) with both song2nick and auto nick changer

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Lord Farquaad on 08-16-2004 at 09:33 PM

After a few difficulties I finaly made it woring :P

I think this plug-in is fully functionnal if you follow all the tips given in this topic, but I still have some times little errors like the one with the '~'s... not verry important.

I just discovered something interresting: if you put your song message between { and }, it won't be your nick that changes but your personnalised status (in fact it's exactly the same 8-)...). You can even use this "personnalised status" being online and not away or busy :P
On the other side you cannot let song2nick active and your music playing using a personnalised status as song2nick will remove it when the song will change...

If you want so, add your personnalised status in the song2nick options, adding a ' ' (char ascII 160, not a space) and your status between {} at the end.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by ThePotato on 08-18-2004 at 12:18 AM

Okayyyy... is there anyway to get this to work with Musicmatch Jukebox V. 9?  And if so, is there anyway to automate the updating of the Now Playing info in the nick?  I'm currently using NowPlaying 2.2 and it's handy, but I have to use a /m quicktext everytime the song changes.  Can anyone help??

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by xtina on 08-18-2004 at 04:50 PM

i am using winamp 5.04 and wen the song changes my name doesnt change wiv it and i hav 2 type in the (!WAT) command again??!!!!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by SexyTiger on 08-19-2004 at 09:40 AM

I get no errors anymore :) But I can't get song2nick to change my nick! 
I typed the command /xs2non many times, try to restart msn and only start winamp after msn is started but nothing :(

EDIT: Now it changed my nickname, but it stoped, winamp has changed the music and it still says that I'm listening tho the old music

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by muldereric on 08-19-2004 at 10:46 AM

After installation of the plug-in I'm receiving a run-time error. So I installed the VB6 stuff, but the error is still comming back.

This error prevents the plug-in from working correctly. I can not open the options window etc. nothing works.

@Wouter: please include a version number in your program. Then it is easier to see if there's a new version available ;) (also include the version numer in your start post ;) )

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by ARMAND MAX on 08-19-2004 at 06:03 PM

I have the same exact problem as xtina and SexyTiger. :|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by ThePotato on 08-20-2004 at 02:53 PM

Okay... I've installed it and the VB6 stuff.  I get the menu for Song2Nick listed twice. and evertyime I open MMJB 9, it crashes MSN Messenger and dumps me out of it.  What do I need to do to fix this?

EDIT:  Also, what commands do I need to use in my name for MMJB 9?  The Winamp ones or the WMP ones?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by ARMAND MAX on 08-21-2004 at 03:26 AM

WOW finally its working properly!  You really have to follow each step correctly at first I didnt have my windows messenger installed and then I didnt know how to use /nick command (forgot you had to put a name about it lol) + something else and finally today I thought of rechecking to see if only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages is disabled and it wasnt and I fixed it and now its perfect (like it was with plus! 2.5 and msn 6.0)
:) (Y) I got it to work so can all of you :many:

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by brucehriver on 08-21-2004 at 03:45 AM

dont work , here i got runtime errors

i installed runtime and continue getoing error

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by miguy2k on 08-21-2004 at 08:17 PM

I don't get any errors, everything seems fine, but nothing happens... :(

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.01.0094

"Only people on my allow list blabla..." is off, runtimes should work (since i get no error), windows messenger is installed, XMP2 installed and enabled... /xs2non done but still.... nothing happens!

Any help on that?

(edit: typo)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by redw0lf on 08-25-2004 at 11:34 AM

I have :

Winamp 5.04
MSN 6.2.0137
Plus! : 3.01.94

The name change with (!WAT) is fine
but i cant access options.
When i try it doesnt do anything for about 30seconds-1minute
Then i get this error : Runtime Error : '7'
Out of memory.
I have 512 mb memory with 3gb page file and im not running any programs other than msn
edit : yes i have run the VB6 SP5 runtime patch

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by abxccd on 09-07-2004 at 09:23 AM

Its not working here either.

I got :
Msn 6.2.0137
Msg Plus 3.0.1.94
Windows xp with sp1

I get a out of memory error code 7 run time error when i type /xs2noptions:(

Any ideas?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by dallool on 09-09-2004 at 09:10 PM

Hello,

I recently installed the song2nick plugin and it doesn't work :S i was trying u'd help me out with this...

after it gave me the "installation completed" window... i restarted the messenger and i got 2 error windows with "Song 2 Nick" in the heading and one of them said "automation error" and looked like the attached pic..

i also saw the plugin list for Messenger Plus! 3 and it wasn't listed :S

please help because it's really frustrating to get those 2 error windows EVERtime i open messenger... i tried runniong the UNinstaller... that didn't help either...

what should i do?

thank you very much...

Dalal

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 09-13-2004 at 02:20 PM

I reinstalled my pc, and so I needed to download the new version of MSN Messenger, version 6.2.0137. And I have the same problem as prescribed above: can't access the options, plugin doesn't work, ...

Is the plugin gonna be rewritten for this version?

Thx,
D@ffy

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by dallool on 09-13-2004 at 08:28 PM

i tried everything and it didn't work... so i tried to uninstall it and that didn't do the trick of removing the 2 errors... so i uninstalled PLUS3 then installed it again and VOILA!! no more errors... ofcourse, i didn't install the plugin againl... and i won't... till i hear the problem is fixed... hope my very stupid solutipon helps lol

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 09-14-2004 at 08:40 AM

quote:
Is the plugin gonna be rewritten?

yes, actually it already has been rewritten uncluding some new features like song2avatar and some more advanced nickname options
but i didnt release it yet. i will some day you just have to be patient.

quote:
Originally posted by dallool
Hello,

I recently installed the song2nick plugin and it doesn't work :S i was trying u'd help me out with this...

after it gave me the "installation completed" window... i restarted the messenger and i got 2 error windows with "Song 2 Nick" in the heading and one of them said "automation error" and looked like the attached pic..

i also saw the plugin list for Messenger Plus! 3 and it wasn't listed :S

please help because it's really frustrating to get those 2 error windows EVERtime i open messenger... i tried runniong the UNinstaller... that didn't help either...

what should i do?

thank you very much...

Dalal

you need to install the latest runtime files with can be found on the microsoft website
RE: RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTun by D@ffy on 09-14-2004 at 05:44 PM

quote:
quote:
Is the plugin gonna be rewritten?

yes, actually it already has been rewritten uncluding some new features like song2avatar and some more advanced nickname options
but i didnt release it yet. i will some day you just have to be patient.

Ok, thx a lot! :)

Grtz,
D@ffy
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by archerdapunk on 09-18-2004 at 09:04 AM

awesome.. been trying to make my own but no luck!! job well done!

btw.. .it worked first time.. no problems whatsoever! 

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 09-19-2004 at 05:54 PM

for Wouter:

your plugins works good, but here are some bugs i think:

if you close Windows Media Player before closing Windows Messenger u get a runtime error: Song2Nick error 643 crashed blabla, u know.. (also when i installed vb sp6 from the link u gave)
If i close messenger before Windows Media Player everything goes fine, no errors... This error is only in ur updated version on page 1, i downloaded the version on page 8 too (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18116&page=8) and with that one i dont have a runtime error when i close wmp before messenger, so maybe u can fix that in the new version too..

Also, when im playing a movie i get the following nick on ur version @ page 1

<nick> (!XWMPAUTHOR) - dmt-irobot - 1:50:00

and the version on page 8:

<nick>  - dmt-irobot - 1:50:00

The system on page 8 is better i think, but i would be much better if u leave " - " if there is no artist/author for that file. Also good for in your new version :)

and my last one:

when im gaming and the next track starts in wmp, the game minimalise because a debug window popups in messenger, if u can make this in silent mode it would be great :)

For the rest this plugin is working correct

oh and btw, the blogging plugin is great to see what track is playing in the WMP statusbar, i think u need to keep that one in ur installer (because it's gone or something in the installer on page 1).. This plugin works great if u dont want to maximalise the window :)

oh and btw (!XWMPSTATE) doesn't work

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Franki3 on 09-20-2004 at 04:40 PM

Hello
When i try to install Song2nick
im using wmplus2
I tryed to install the installer, but error
It never installed onto wmp but did onto plus
i get this error (the attachment is the error)
Whats wrong? (Im using windows xp btw)

Hope you can help, Thanks

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 09-27-2004 at 10:54 AM

Works again here. I had to enable Windows Messenger, forgot that. So the current version of the plugin (mid-july) works with MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 :-) (and Msgr Plus! 3.01.94 + Winamp 5.05)

Still waiting for the update though: song2avatar sounds interesting :-)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Animefan on 09-27-2004 at 03:23 PM

Doesnt work for Windows Media Player 10... ^o)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by PimpScourge on 09-28-2004 at 04:03 PM

Wouter, thanks for this great plug-in. Can't wait to test the new version.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 09-28-2004 at 04:17 PM

i will post the beta tomorrow so you can test it

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 09-30-2004 at 03:18 AM

great hope it has the fixes and more options

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 09-30-2004 at 08:35 AM

ok here is the beta good luck on testing
install:
unpack the rar to your c:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\
then goto start run -> regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\Song2Nick.dll"

restart msn and njoy

commands:
winamp command for your name are,
(!ARTIST)
(!ALBUM)
(!TITLE)
(!BITRATE)
(!CHANNELS)
(!EQ)
(!PLAYLISTLENGTH)
(!PLAYLISTPOS)
(!REPEAT)
(!SHUFFLE)
(!RATE)
(!DURATIONSECONDS)
(!DURATION)
(!POSITIONSECONDS)
(!POSITION)
(!VERSION)
(!YEAR)
(!COMMENT)
(!GENRE)
(!STATUS)
in chat window:
none, yet

windows media player commands are,
(!ARTIST)
(!ALBUM)
(!TITLE)
(!DURATION)
(!GENRE)
(!RATING)
(!PLAYLISTPOS)
(!STATUS)
in chat window:
(!XWMPTITLE)
(!XWMPALBUM)
(!XWMPARTIST)
(!XWMPDURATION)
(!XWMPGENRE)
(!XWMPRATING)
(!XWMPPLAYLISTPOS)
(!XWMPSTATUS)

musicmatch commands are,
(!ARTIST)
(!TITLE)
in chat window:
none, yet

*note
itunes supported but not tested
nickname shoud work, avatar does not work yet

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by giken on 09-30-2004 at 08:41 AM

is it possible to configure the plugin to change nick automatically everytime current song changes in winamp?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 09-30-2004 at 08:43 AM

thats what the plugin does :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by giken on 09-30-2004 at 09:30 AM

oh sorry, I red your command list so I thought it was manual :)
Last question:
is it possible to add song title without remove the original nick?
for example:
current name "John"
after song2nick "John - song1 title"
then "John - song2 title"
and so on
or something similar

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by chocko on 09-30-2004 at 09:30 AM

Yes.

/xs2noptions

use it

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 09-30-2004 at 03:05 PM

ok i tried out the beta or rather tried to use it. When enabling it it would freeze MSN up and make it stop responding, same with disable, and when it was enabled and i restarted msn as long as winamp was running it would free msn up and it would stop responding

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 09-30-2004 at 03:08 PM

try rebooting your pc

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 09-30-2004 at 04:32 PM

ok that did work, i would of done it earlier but i was downloading a file :P

i like this one alot better than the older version works better for me :)

the winamp command (!STATUS), it displays "Playing" even when its pasued for me, just thought id let ya know .

quick question in the final release will it be able to read ID3v2 tags?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 09-30-2004 at 05:14 PM

yes

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 09-30-2004 at 06:16 PM

works stable now with wmp 9 but only the play / pause tag doesn't work indeed

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Lazuli on 09-30-2004 at 07:57 PM

I have a problem with this plugin. When I do the options command, nothing happens at all. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by PimpScourge on 09-30-2004 at 10:26 PM

the new beta works great. The song2avatar feature looks promising! (Y)

I''d like to suggest bringing back the !WAT command for winamp, for use in mp3s without ID3 tag.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by adrianmak on 10-01-2004 at 01:06 AM

if it will support foobar, it will be perfect

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-01-2004 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PimpScourge
the new beta works great. The song2avatar feature looks promising! (Y)

I''d like to suggest bringing back the !WAT command for winamp, for use in mp3s without ID3 tag.

ok just added that
any more suggestions ?
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Lazuli on 10-01-2004 at 04:02 PM

Is there a new beta out? Where can i get it?

When I open up msn, there is an error saying that song 2 nick must close

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-01-2004 at 04:05 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=315038#pid315038

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Lazuli on 10-01-2004 at 06:41 PM

I've done everything it says but still when I load up msn i get the error. And the options command still does nothing...and also when I perform the on command I get a message saying its enable but then nothing happens after.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 10-01-2004 at 08:59 PM

Wouter can u add the (!DIRECTORY) and the (!FILENAME) command to the nick options

So it would be like this for example:

<nick> (!STATUS) Release: (!DIRECTORY) [(!FILENAME) - (!DURATION)]

for music:

<nick> Playing Release: VA_-_Nederlandse_Top_40_Week_40-HL-2004-WOEi [27-outkast_-_roses-wk40-woei.mp3 - 04:13]

or for movies:

<nick> Playing Release: Garfield.The.Movie.DVDRip.XViD-DVL [dvl-gtm.avi - 01:20:10]

This would be really really awesome if u could add this!! (Y):D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-01-2004 at 09:54 PM

are you talking about winamp? if so yes this is possible and yes i will add this :) and path (!PATH)

btw, i still need some beter looking avatars :P
so feel free to design some and maby these will be added to the program.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-01-2004 at 10:12 PM

i made some for personal use the other day, but hell ill show them off :)

[Image: avPauze.bmp]

[Image: avPlay.bmp]

i kept the top mostly the same cause it worked out well :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 10-01-2004 at 10:27 PM

Well Actually i hope u can fix it for WMP 9 too because im using that one :)
But it isn't possible at all i will start using Winamp :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-01-2004 at 10:27 PM

wow those look nice (Y)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 10-01-2004 at 11:59 PM

oh another request, can u make the update delay of Song 2 Nick to Messenger to 1 sec. So the Current Position and Bitrate of the track will update every second... and maybe a command (!RESOLUTION) will be handy for video files ;)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by CookieRevised on 10-02-2004 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by temp123
oh another request, can u make the update delay of Song 2 Nick to Messenger to 1 sec. So the Current Position and Bitrate of the track will update every second
This would be extremely annoying for your contacts. Because it will also flood your contacts and above all it will flood the servers. Heck, the servers wouldn't even allow it!
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 10-02-2004 at 12:54 AM

ah ok, if that's true then leave it :)

btw, i really hope that the commands (!DIRECTORY) and (!FILENAME) can be programmed for Windows Media Player also..

i think it must be possible, if u look into properties in WMP u see the full path and filename of the file that is playing

maybe u can code it that the song 2 nick plugin grabs the info from there
hope it's possible on any way!

I just installed Winamp and what a slow shit is that man! I have 1GB DDRRAM and 2.4ghz and it still using 40% of my cpu and the movies are not playing fine with that, also too many options etc. etc..

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-02-2004 at 01:11 AM

my winamp never uses anything about 10% of mu cpu most teh time it runs at 00% or 02%, and my comp specs are lower than urs :|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 10-02-2004 at 01:13 AM

i had visualation ON or how u call it :P
But i always hated it becuase more people are complaining winamp uses so much cpu

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by slipstream3d on 10-02-2004 at 01:57 AM

Having trouble with the latest beta linked a little ways back. I'm running MSN 6.2.0137, Winamp 5.05, and Plus! 3.20.100... I suspect it's the last thing that's causing the problem.

My operating system is Windows XP SP2. I downloaded the RAR, extracted into plugins directory, run the regsvr command successfully... but then it craps out when I try to bring up the configuration with the error message:

Run-time error '-2130705634 (8100031e)': Method '~' of object '~' failed.

I had an old version of Song2Nick in my plugins directory, but I didn't have any install/uninstall stuff anywhere, so I thought it was just leftovers from upgrading from MsgPlus 2...

I also tried redownloading the old one and using the uninstall button, which said it succeded, but the dll and reg entries were still there. I dunno, I just unregistered the new DLL and nuked 'em. I'll try them later when some progress has been made... but I'll be waiting :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-02-2004 at 02:57 AM

maybe in a future release we could change the text colors for the avatar?

i know with my avatars the red text can be kinda hard to read sometimes, or maybe my eyes are just going bad :|

Example:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=315770]

all im saying is you gave up the option to make our own avatars but making them bmp files in the plugin directory, and by haveing set font colors were kinda limited to what colors we can make the avatars.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Lazuli on 10-02-2004 at 08:16 AM

It was all working last night, now nothing happens when i perform the on command...the name sometimes works but not the pic

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-02-2004 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FuzzyWuzzy
maybe in a future release we could change the text colors for the avatar?

i know with my avatars the red text can be kinda hard to read sometimes, or maybe my eyes are just going bad :|

Example:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=315770]

all im saying is you gave up the option to make our own avatars but making them bmp files in the plugin directory, and by haveing set font colors were kinda limited to what colors we can make the avatars.

ill make an option so you can change the font color
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by ThePotato on 10-02-2004 at 01:52 PM

Hey Wouter!  Brilliant plugin :> - I'm using it on MusicMatch, so there's not many options yet, but I hope you can fix this in time.  The one question I have though, is that my Display Name changes to the current song automatically as it's supposed to, but it show the order as [Now Playing: ARTIST - Musicmatch Jukebox - SONG NAME].  Is there anyway to get rid of the Musicmatch Jukebox bit, or change it so it's before the Artist?  I hope you can help :)

EDIT: Oh, and does anyone know a way of making my own Avatar bigger, so I can see the text it's displaying clearly?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Ogerwahn on 10-02-2004 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by slipstream3d
Having trouble with the latest beta linked a little ways back. I'm running MSN 6.2.0137, Winamp 5.05, and Plus! 3.20.100... I suspect it's the last thing that's causing the problem.

My operating system is Windows XP SP2. I downloaded the RAR, extracted into plugins directory, run the regsvr command successfully... but then it craps out when I try to bring up the configuration with the error message:

Run-time error '-2130705634 (8100031e)': Method '~' of object '~' failed.

I had an old version of Song2Nick in my plugins directory, but I didn't have any install/uninstall stuff anywhere, so I thought it was just leftovers from upgrading from MsgPlus 2...

I also tried redownloading the old one and using the uninstall button, which said it succeded, but the dll and reg entries were still there. I dunno, I just unregistered the new DLL and nuked 'em. I'll try them later when some progress has been made... but I'll be waiting :D

Same error here, using German XP Prof SP2, the VB6 Update SP6 is installed

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Burly on 10-04-2004 at 03:57 PM

[Compatibility]
Windows Media Player (use http://www.x2software.net/downloads/wmplus2.exe , more info http://www.x2software.net/ ), Winamp 2,5 and iTunes (use http://members.lycos.co.uk/forum2new/iTunes/MultiPlugin_052.exe ,more info http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/index.php?showtopic=15308&st=0&hl= )
Note: Right click a link and select Save Target As to download.

i downloaded the multiplugin and ran it...and now i cant delete it even though ive got rid of song2nick! i reboot stilll cant delete it...i booted into safe mode still cant delete it!!!!!!!!!!!!!how the heck do u delete this: http://members.lycos.co.uk/forum2new/iTunes/MultiPlugin_052.exe

bloody hell

ive tried safe mode closes background tasks...try it yourselves download this and install it i promise you u cant delete it

RE: RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTun by PimpScourge on 10-04-2004 at 04:17 PM

quote:
ok just added that
any more suggestions ?

how about an on/off switch for the song2avatar function?
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-06-2004 at 05:33 AM

i got bored and made some new avatars !!!

Preview:
[Image: preview.bmp]

[Image: avPauze.bmp]

[Image: avPlay.bmp]

alot better looking than my first ones if you ask me ;)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by PimpScourge on 10-06-2004 at 05:21 PM

those are awesome!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-06-2004 at 07:00 PM

those are indeed verry cool
i think there will be an update tomorrow including
musicmatch jukebox compactibility fix and custom color for avatar

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-06-2004 at 09:05 PM

will the update tommorw have an installer or not? i know ppl who wanna use this, but wont do it till it has an installer lol... weird ppl..

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-06-2004 at 09:17 PM

euhm maby but its still beta :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-06-2004 at 09:21 PM

im gonna play with it, installer or no installer (6)

great work with this plugin :)
BTW did u drop the open convo plugin, or can we look for an update on that sometime soon?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-06-2004 at 10:52 PM

what update/features do you want then?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-07-2004 at 03:37 AM

i just remember a couple months back u said u have an update that uwere gonna release and never it, it had the feature to notife u in yje chat window when they closed ur message, ect... from what u said (if i remember right)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-07-2004 at 06:50 AM

thats correct but it acts like a proxy is that a problem ?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-07-2004 at 07:55 AM

ok now im understanding y u never released it lol, proxy aint a problem, just not somthing id like lol

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 10-07-2004 at 10:10 AM

great if there is a new update, does i also support (!DIRECTORY) and (!FILENAME) for WMP plzzz? :$

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by iOWa on 10-08-2004 at 12:09 PM

avatar on/off function would be great =) keep up the good work :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-08-2004 at 01:01 PM

im sorry that i didnt post the new version yesterday as promissed but i got busted by the police :/
anyways

a new beta is availible
download it @ the frontpage

a lot of new things have been added and a few things have been fixed
song2avatar now also supports none nt operated systems

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-08-2004 at 02:20 PM

i cant get the new beta to work :( i cant open the options or anything :( and i registered the dll and all that crap

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by PimpScourge on 10-08-2004 at 03:37 PM

quote:
im sorry that i didnt post the new version yesterday as promissed but i got busted by the police :/
wtf? what happened?
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by JakeLD on 10-08-2004 at 05:00 PM

I executed the .reg file and copied the .dll to messenger plus plugin folder. Still not working...plz Wouter help me! I want this plugin so bad. :D

And where im supposed to put those 2 .bmp files?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-08-2004 at 06:52 PM

try again i reuploaded the file

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-08-2004 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JakeLD
And where im supposed to put those 2 .bmp files?

messenger plus3!\plugins\song2nick

i think i will make a simple installer tomorrow
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-08-2004 at 08:35 PM

i cant get any of the new betas working lol, it wont update my nick/display with the song names,and i cant get the config/option command to work :| but the commands to disable,enable,update and about work for me

oh well back to the old version :)

am i the only one who cant get this to work? someone tell me please lol

EDIT: Well i got everything but the options working :|
but it dont revert my display name / display pic when i stop or close winamp, but thats probly because i cant get it working fully :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-08-2004 at 11:53 PM

close msn
try removing the old song2nick.dll then copy the new one to your folder then register de dll
then start msn
i just tested it on my friends pc and it works fine for him
winxp EN verion

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-09-2004 at 12:33 AM

iv done what u said about 15 times, and im using winxp sp2 EN

EDIT: ok my problem is fixed, it seems i didn't have some dll file needed, cause it only started working after I installed a dll pack for another program.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-09-2004 at 03:07 AM

comdlg32.ocx
scrrun.dll

are the two files you  need but they come with the runtimes as i remember you can download them here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18116&page=1

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-09-2004 at 04:10 AM

i never got runtime errors or anything, so the thought of missing dll files slipped my mind lol, but im glad i got it working :)

sadly this build dont have the !WAT command :(, but i know it will come in time if we keep bringing it up lol

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by [Si|0] on 10-09-2004 at 05:57 AM

Ok...
Ive registered the plugin, ive downloaded all the runtimes nescecary & ive followed the instructions....

Im running MSN 6.2.0137,
MSGPLUS! 3.20.100
Windows XP

I can enter the options screen of Song2Nick, but when i click ok, i get 'Runtime Error 5:
Invalid Procedure Call Or Argument'
And it doesn't work...
Any ideas?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 10-09-2004 at 08:55 AM

there is no (!DIRECTORY) and (!FILENAME) it *-)

can u fix it? so it will be Scene-Compatible for me :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Ogerwahn on 10-09-2004 at 04:34 PM

cant get into the options :> its saying that i'm not signed in *obviously i am :>* and the first problem that s2n was complaining about an old msgplus3 is fixed perhaps i only got 3.2.0 and not 3.2.1 *the updater of msgplus said there where no need*

the "/xsong2nickon" or off commands are also not working, when trying i get the message that the programm *msn messenger or msgplus* doesnt recognize these commands.

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by slipstream3d on 10-09-2004 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ogerwahn
cant get into the options :> its saying that i'm not signed in *obviously i am :>* and the first problem that s2n was complaining about an old msgplus3 is fixed perhaps i only got 3.2.0 and not 3.2.1 *the updater of msgplus said there where no need*

the "/xsong2nickon" or off commands are also not working, when trying i get the message that the programm *msn messenger or msgplus* doesnt recognize these commands.

I'm no longer getting that "method ~ failed" thing, I'm now having this exact problem myself. I managed to get the thing to work slightly better in Windows Messenger (the enable command actually does something, the little 'song2nick now active' toast appears) but it still doesn't actually WORK. The config comes up in Windows Messenger but my name never changes, etc. It doesn't work AT ALL in MSN 6.2 (gives the "you're not signed in" thing).
RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Ogerwahn on 10-09-2004 at 06:06 PM

quote:
do u have the needed dll files? cause i need some dll file to get the config window to open, and for i the not signed in error till i installed windows messnger 5 :|

I installed the RuntimeSP6 and have checked the nescessary dlls, both are in the System32 Dir.
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by [Si|0] on 10-09-2004 at 07:07 PM

OK, heres where ive got with it....

Ive registered the plugin using regsvr32 "D:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\Song2Nick.dll"

I have the required runtimes nescecary (I Think....)

Im running MSN 6.2.0137,
MSGPLUS! 3.20.100
Windows XP SP1

I can enter the options screen of Song2Nick, but when i click ok, i get 'Runtime Error 5:
Invalid Procedure Call Or Argument'

When i try any command from song2nick, MSGPLUS tells me the command is not recognised.

Any idea what im doing rong?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-09-2004 at 07:15 PM

new update

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by [Si|0] on 10-09-2004 at 07:22 PM

:(

Didn't do a thing for me.....
Still get runtime error 5 when closing options....

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by [Si|0] on 10-09-2004 at 07:37 PM

:D
Got it working nicely ;)
Installed Windows Messenger 4.7 (duh!)

Cheers Wouter, very nice plugin :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-09-2004 at 07:49 PM

again a new update :P

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-09-2004 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [Si|0]
:D
Got it working nicely ;)
Installed Windows Messenger 4.7 (duh!)

Cheers Wouter, very nice plugin :)

when the installer is done the installer will notify you when such things arent ok :)
it will also look for the runtimes :)
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-09-2004 at 07:54 PM

this version is working great, i love it :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by [Si|0] on 10-09-2004 at 08:40 PM

quote:
when the installer is done the installer will notify you when such things arent ok :)
it will also look for the runtimes :)

Excellent :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Ogerwahn on 10-10-2004 at 12:33 AM

the program is telling me thats there is an update but it cant show up the right website but some other strange stuff which looks like a php or xml file displayed in the address row...

after installing and starting windows messenger the options menu works ... in windows messenger *pretty old stuff -.-* so stuffplug etc doenst work ... -.- ...then i could start the menu screen once in msn messenger ... after restarting the msn messenger it finaly worked

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by temp123 on 10-10-2004 at 10:18 AM

commands
Winamp commands:
In name:
(!DIRECTORY)
(!FILENAME)

can u maken it for WMP too plz:$

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 10-10-2004 at 12:01 PM

* I reinstalled the latest version of MSN Messnger (repair install), version 6.2.0137
* uninstalled Messenger Plus! including settings
* installed the new Messenger Plus! (3.20.100)
* downloaded the zip archive from the first page (10 minutes ago)
* extracted it to Messenger Plus!\Plugins
* ran the .reg file
* restarted my computer

But it still doesn't work here. :-( When I go to the Plus! options, and take a look at plugins, song2nick isn't in the list. and messenger doens't recognize the commands. (/xsong2nickon etc...) I did notice that there is no song2nick.exe in the plugins folder, and it was there before. Should there be one? It wasn't in the zip-archive anyway.

Any ideas?

Thx,
D@ffy

[edit]zip instead of rar...[/edit]

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-10-2004 at 12:11 PM

quote:
* I reinstalled the latest version of MSN Messnger (repair install), version 6.2.0137
* uninstalled Messenger Plus! including settings
* installed the new Messenger Plus! (3.20.100)
* downloaded the zip archive from the first page (10 minutes ago)
* extracted it to Messenger Plus!\Plugins
* ran the .reg file
* restarted my computer

But it still doesn't work here. :-( When I go to the Plus! options, and take a look at plugins, song2nick isn't in the list. and messenger doens't recognize the commands. (/xsong2nickon etc...) I did notice that there is no song2nick.exe in the plugins folder, and it was there before. Should there be one? It wasn't in the zip-archive anyway.

Any ideas?

Thx,
D@ffy

[edit]zip instead of rar...[/edit]

did you register the song2nick.dll file??
if not, goto start > run (now in run paste the text below and click ok)
code:
regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\Song2Nick.dll"

BTW, wouter since this is beta and has no insatller u might want to tell ppl on the first page that they need to register the dll file :)
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-10-2004 at 04:12 PM

new update :P
file sharing

/xs2ngetsong - - This will get the song from your contacts if the enabled it :)

RE: RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTun by D@ffy on 10-10-2004 at 06:17 PM

quote:
did you register the song2nick.dll file??
if not, goto start > run (now in run paste the text below and click ok)
code:
regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\Song2Nick.dll"

Yep, that was the problem. :D

Thx!
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 10-10-2004 at 06:42 PM

I have two more suggestions:
* When the title/artist is not available in Wnamp (wave files for example) song2nick automatically puts >> (!WAT) behind the nickname. (at least that's what I seem to notice) But the avatar isn't changed, so it remains at the last mp3 I was playing before the wave-file. Maybe this could be fixed?

* Being able to change the size of the font used in song2avatar would also be nice. And when this makes the title/artist too big to fit onto the avatar, it could be cut off to the max length available. Don't know if this is difficult to implement, but it's just a suggestion.

Grtz,
D@ffy

BTW: very nice work these last weeks, I really like the result! :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-10-2004 at 06:46 PM

the first thing i will fix thanx for reporting :)
the second thing maby i will make this when all other things are done and are working like they should :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 10-11-2004 at 03:58 PM

Ok, thx already :)

Another bug though: (!XWPTITLE) and (!XWPBITRATE) don't work here. (in the chat window) Anyone else who can confirm this?

[edit]And yet another problem: when I stop and close Winamp, the avatar doesn't change. (remains at "playing") Couldn't you make a third avatar for when Winamp is stopped or closed with some text on it? (that the user can change preferrably) I know I'm giving you some work, but I suppose every suggestion helps. :P[/edit]

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-11-2004 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Ok, thx already :)

Another bug though: (!XWPTITLE) and (!XWPBITRATE) don't work here. (in the chat window) Anyone else who can confirm this?

your right.... they dont work :|
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by JakeLD on 10-12-2004 at 01:06 AM

Even if I installed it correctly i can't make it work...

The option command won't work...it says that I'm not signed in and i am...When i enabled it via the command it says that the command isn't recognized....I will go insane.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-12-2004 at 06:18 AM

read the faq

*btw please note this is still a beta

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-12-2004 at 04:46 PM

Im guessing this is a bug, how many "NOW PLAYING" images should i have in my display pic window lol

[Image: attachment.php?pid=321418]

and often it will use the blank now playing image for my display pic till the next song starts

EDIT: i did fix it tho, after uninstalling plus and going into my Application Data folder and deleting the MSN Messnger folder lol

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-12-2004 at 09:22 PM

yes sorry this is because of the programm is still beta and if you have installed the beta you need to delete your usertitels in order to let the new version work properly :P
but i will post all this little issues and problems as soon as the final comes out i think it will be next week cause im also busy making another plugin with allows you to backup your emoticons and lets you restore them :P,
backup is done restore almost done :p
and maby ill also include a display picture backupper :P

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by giken on 10-12-2004 at 11:28 PM

wouter if you can add the ability to import emoticons and display pictures from folder too :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by JakeLD on 10-13-2004 at 12:53 AM

Song2Nick finally works !!! Great job Wouter and FuzzyWuzzy!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-13-2004 at 01:01 AM

i didnt do anythign except make an installer for the beta... so the n00bs / lazy people (my friends) could use it. so i dunno y ur saying great job to me lol

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by GabooN on 10-13-2004 at 09:13 PM

Hey there, I love this plugin, i'm listening to music all the time and usually use song quotes in my names, but this is nice.

i have a question/problem though. I can't disable the display pictures.  I would like to keep my normal display picture, but it always changes to the name of the song and artist. I have gone to the configure menu and deselected the bullet for the wmp display pic option, but it still does it.

am i missing something or is this just a bug.

thanks in advance.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by slipstream3d on 10-14-2004 at 12:04 AM

Hot diggity, latest version works. Awesome 

Well, works, except for this...

There's a black box instead of the winamp/musicmatch/wmp text... and it'd also be nice if you could clarify just what those 'enabled' checkboxes actually *do* :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by dotNorma on 10-14-2004 at 12:09 AM

It would seem that those enable check boxes at on the selected media player and add the now playing details to your avatar.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-14-2004 at 12:17 AM

ya but they dont seem to work, cause i can uncheck them and it still updates my avatar. anyways i dont mind lol

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-14-2004 at 07:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by slipstream3d
Well, works, except for this...

There's a black box instead of the winamp/musicmatch/wmp text... and it'd also be nice if you could clarify just what those 'enabled' checkboxes actually *do* :D

that black box appears @ non windowd skins i see what i can do

quote:
Originally posted by GabooN
Hey there, I love this plugin, i'm listening to music all the time and usually use song quotes in my names, but this is nice.

i have a question/problem though. I can't disable the display pictures.  I would like to keep my normal display picture, but it always changes to the name of the song and artist. I have gone to the configure menu and deselected the bullet for the wmp display pic option, but it still does it.

am i missing something or is this just a bug.

thanks in advance.

whoops :P
i forgot to add the settings :$

well ive added it and it should work now download the update @ the first page
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-14-2004 at 09:33 AM

thx wouter it works great now :)

------
For you Lazy ppl!!

The below attachment is an installer for Song2Nick BETA made with Inno Setup. The installer will apply the registry and register the song2nick.dll file.

This installer is just to make installing this plugin a lil bit easier :) and i was also bored and had nothing to do...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by PimpScourge on 10-14-2004 at 11:36 PM

what am i doing wrong?

I updated the dll, registered it, but my nick or my display pic won't update.

the options window works fine, as well as the commands on the chat window.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by matt_s on 10-15-2004 at 12:20 AM

ok so basically i ran the install and such....the registry is registered and everything is good....but it really isnt :(....i cant get it to enable i get the window saying that its not a real command and watever. i am trying to use this for itunes. even when i go to the plus! - Perferences - Plugins and click on config for the song2nick it just doesnt work.... :S

MSG PLus 3.2
Msg 6.2
Itunes 4.6

HELP!!!! I did everything...restarted...reinstalled...re-registered...nothing...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-15-2004 at 01:10 AM

matt check to see if you have these 2 files:
comdlg32.ocx
scrrun.dll

if you dont you should download the microsoft runtime files. Cause i needed the files when i coulding get the config to open.

also it seems u need windows messenger. so make sure u have that

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by matt_s on 10-15-2004 at 03:13 AM

know where i can get the 2 files? and also ya i deleted the regular msn that comes wit windows bc i never use it i only use the messenger 6.2 wit the pics and stuff.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-15-2004 at 10:31 AM

read the faq
do the things said there and it works

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Ogerwahn on 10-17-2004 at 12:03 AM

what about the help file ? ^^ whats the enabled message and the disabled message?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-17-2004 at 12:44 AM

its still beta so not every thing is done yet :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by the_last_m_p on 10-17-2004 at 06:47 PM

Hi, dude. Great job with the plugin. I really mean it.

Now, before you finish its development and release a final, is there any chance of incorporating foobar2000 support? All the rest of these audio players are so sluggish and slow... Now foobar, on the other hand.

Thanks in advance ;)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Crispin on 10-18-2004 at 12:56 AM

Great job so far. Untill a recent update of your plugin, it worked like a dream. I downloaded and installed the most recent file and got this error:

[Image: msnsong2nickerror.jpg]

Windows 2000 SP4.
MSN 6.2 Eng.
Messenger Plus! 3.21

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 10-18-2004 at 07:52 PM

I don't get it anymore. It was working fine, and now it's gone again. I can access the options, I can enable/disable, I have installed the runtimes, I have registered the dll, (regsvr32 ...) I still have the same versions of MSN Messenger and Plus (6.2 and 3.20) but my nickname and avatar aren't updated anymore. :-(

Any suggestions?

[edit]/xuninstallsong2nick doesn't work, /xsharewongwp still works
I have the latest version of song2nick, just downloaded it from the first page. (maybe it's since this new version that i have the problem, don't know for sure)[/edit]

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 10-18-2004 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PimpScourge
what am i doing wrong?

I updated the dll, registered it, but my nick or my display pic won't update.

the options window works fine, as well as the commands on the chat window.

Glad to see I'm not alone. Seems like the newest version isn't working like it should be. :(
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-18-2004 at 11:08 PM

i also have some problems with the new version, like after a while it always says i cant use my display pictures, tehn they all disappear, and i have to add my display pics back. and alot of time if i have the avatar enabled it shows the the now playing image with the text then it refreshes to the blank now playing image :|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 10-19-2004 at 05:54 PM

I've found an older version downloaded the 2nd of October, and that one works. So there must be some kind of problem with the latest version. The one I have is the one with song2avatar but without settings for it. (so the first one with song2avatar I guess)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by auhsor on 10-21-2004 at 02:25 AM

Ok, so this plugin sounds awesome, and I have sort of got it working. The problem is that I can't open the options screen. I see that others have had this problem.

I have downloaded the zip from the first page and unzipped it into my plugins folder
I registered the dll file
I used the reg file.
I even downladed the VB6 files from microsoft and installed them, even tho I was sure I had done that ages ago.
I have XP SP2
I also have the latest MSN Messenger and Plus!

What do I do. Or do I just wait patiently for it not to be beta?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-21-2004 at 03:29 AM

i opened up the MS runtime files extractor and i didnt find the dll files that wouter said was needed... but iv always used this dll pack, it did get my s2n working.

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by auhsor on 10-21-2004 at 07:00 AM

Oh yeah!, its working now. Thanks for that link.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Optimas on 10-21-2004 at 10:44 PM

I couldn't get the option window working until I install FuzzyWuzzy's library.

Now the option window can show up, but my nick never updates. I tried both winamp and WMP(with WMPlus2). Neither works.

My config:
MSN 6.2.0137
Msgplus 3.20.100
Winamp 5.04
WMP 10.00

Anybody can help? I really want to use this great plug-in!:wall::'(

Thanks a lot!!!

p.s. I have two sub-menu for song2nick, so weird. what's the problem?
[Image: untitled594.jpg]

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-21-2004 at 10:51 PM

the plugin stopedd working for me, it dont update my nick / avatar so i uninstalled it, now none of my avatars will stick in msn lol... just a problem im having lol

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Optimas on 10-21-2004 at 11:02 PM

quote:
the plugin stopedd working for me, it dont update my nick / avatar so i uninstalled it, now none of my avatars will stick in msn lol... just a problem im having lol

yours used to be working, right? what happened?

mine never works, I'm going crazy to see so many of you guys got it work.:|
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-21-2004 at 11:21 PM

ya it used to work, then one day i restarted my computer & it stopped working :|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by auhsor on 10-21-2004 at 11:30 PM

Yeah my avatar thing isn't working that great, but the nick thing is going alright.

It would be nice if it read the tag data from my ogg files too, as I have alot of them. Its annoying having the >> all the time.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-21-2004 at 11:51 PM

id be nice if this read the ID3 v2 tags from MP3s instead of the ID3 v1 tags :P i dont have any ogg files but iv had the >> a few times :|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Optimas on 10-22-2004 at 12:50 AM

what do u mean by having >> in your name?

Do I have to include >> in my msn name to make song2nick woking?

Basically, my current name is "Nick - (!TITLE)".....it never works..........:S

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-22-2004 at 03:02 AM

no u dont need >> in ur name, once in a while s2n seems to change ur name formating to somthing like ">> Artisit name - Song Title"

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 10-22-2004 at 06:42 PM

quote:
no u dont need >> in ur name, once in a while s2n seems to change ur name formating to somthing like ">> Artisit name - Song Title"

That happens when you play a file that doens't have an ID3-tag. It just makes ">> Filename" of it.

Here the old version works, but the newest one doesn't do a thing. :(
RE: RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-22-2004 at 06:45 PM

quote:
quote:

That happens when you play a file that doens't have an ID3-tag. It just makes ">> Filename" of it.

Here the old version works, but the newest one doesn't do a thing. :(

all my MP3s have ID3 tags and i still get the >> once in a while. Maybe sometimes it just dont read them?
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by auhsor on 10-26-2004 at 06:08 AM

Hmm I've decided to not use this plugin until a more stable version comes out. First it decided to mess up my avatars by like deleting them all the time and then not letting me use on at all. Then the song2nick thing gets stuck on one song. It's a bit annoying.

Looking foreward to a new version though. It is a very good plugin, but just needs a bit more work to make it stable.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-26-2004 at 06:40 AM

^^ i know what ur talking about lol my avatars dont work anymore, but if u disable the avatar option it seems to work preety good, the only rime i hade the song name stick in my msn nick was when winamp had a illegal op.  but the only thing that really seems unstable is the avatar option (since this latest version)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Wouter on 10-26-2004 at 01:19 PM

i have some exams this week on Thursday i will be able to continue this project

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by auhsor on 10-26-2004 at 01:23 PM

Thats awesome. Keep up the good work!
Oh and good luck in your exams.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by PimpScourge on 10-26-2004 at 06:10 PM

I'm using the next to last beta, the last one without the filesharing option, and it's pretty stable.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Hidea on 10-27-2004 at 07:24 PM

does this work with iTunes 4.7 ?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Ogerwahn on 10-27-2004 at 07:26 PM

Its funny, i made a clean resetup of windows and now s2n isnt working anymore ... got newest messengerplus plugin 3.25 and all the dll stuff... did regsvr and the regedit stuff ... the plugin is listed in the plugin overview of messenger plus but nothing happens on clicking the preferences button

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by chompas on 10-28-2004 at 03:22 AM

I installed it but when i run MSN, MSN Messenger also open and desconfigures all my stuffplug plugin, if i uninstall nowplaying all goes back to normal. But i cant use it. It already happened that to me with others plugind too. Some suggestion?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by miguy2k on 10-28-2004 at 03:35 PM

Hmm the problem I have is even weirder; seems i'm the first one with this....

So in installed the latest Song2Nick, regged the dll, restarted MsgPlus and MSN, the plugin wasnt appearing in the plugins list of MsgPlus... Well I logged in... once logged in, the Song2Nick options dialog appeared, i set the options, and immediately my nick got updated "nice" I thought (overmore tho the earlier song2nick's never worked here...).

Well this was the first and only nick update i ever got :( Song2Nick still doesnt appear in the plugins window of MsgPlus nor does any of the '/' commands work :( it acts like if the plugin wouldn't even be installed (but yees the dll is in the correct dir and is regged)

And ideas 'bout this?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by John on 10-29-2004 at 09:57 AM

Hey, I have a problem.

This is my nickname: John ((!TITLE))

It works for most of the songs, only putting the title in brackets behind my name, but for some songs it goes weird and does this:

[Image: s2ncrap.gif]

Why does it do that? :S

I've tried choosing different tags and changing the tags for the mp3's, but that didn't fix it, please help.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 10-29-2004 at 01:30 PM

^^ ya we were talking about that like a page ago, i think it only does that when u dont have ID3 tags for the mp3 or it has a problem reading the ID3 tags.  All my mp3s have ID3 tags and i get that sometimes, so it might just be a problem reading the ID3 tags :|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by y2ksameer on 11-02-2004 at 05:50 PM

Hi i just downloaded Song2Nick , and its giving me the following runtime message even after installing the runtimes , please help . 

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by JakeLD on 11-06-2004 at 09:04 PM

I just installed MSN 7 build 0032 with the Patch on, Messenger Plus 3.40 Beta and the latest Song2Nick version.  Unfortunatelly it dosen't works, I know those are still betas so I guess its pretty hard for you to figure it out. Still, if you make it work that would be awesome. It seems to be a problem with the avatars when there's a picture change. The option "Show my display picture and allow others to see it" keep going on and off.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by lanmasta on 11-07-2004 at 12:40 PM

maybe i'm a bit idiot, but in the .zip file which is posted on the first page here, there is no install.exe or something like that.
included in the folder are:
-install.reg
-Song2Nick.dll
-song2nick folder with bmp's

can anyone help me, i have read the 5 first pages and the last 2... but nothing

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by miguy2k on 11-07-2004 at 09:38 PM

-Song2Nick.dll
-song2nick folder with bmp's

put those two in the MsgPlus/plugins/ folder and then run install.reg once to register the .dll. Restart and the thing SHOULD work ;-)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by y2ksameer on 11-08-2004 at 06:15 PM

Please Read the last POST on page 37 and help mee
Pleaseee pleaseeeeeeeee :|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by JakeLD on 11-08-2004 at 06:35 PM

Read the FAQ you must have Messenger 4.7 installed. Originnaly it comes with XP but you probably uninstalled it and that's why you get run time errors. Just download it trought Microsoft website and it should works.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by AsSuLuTo on 11-08-2004 at 06:42 PM

the one for iTunes doesnt work when i try to download it,

it brings me to a hebrew website or something like that

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 11-08-2004 at 07:58 PM

i dont think he would be getting runtime errors from not haveing windows messenger, he would get the "your not logged in" message but not runtime erros (i think) cause the runtime errors are because u dont have the runtime files (most the time)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Keitarosempai on 11-09-2004 at 12:00 AM

Hi there, this plugin, I think is exactly what i'm looking for i.e. change in a dynamic way my nick with the music i'm listening to. I use iTunes 4.7 to play music, I successfully installed the multi-plugin soft for iTunes. It works since when I write (!WAT) in a chat, the song appears.

The problem is the following..I installed the runtimes of the first page of this thread, but after i installed Song2Nick (exe version). When i run messenger..i got the following runtime error :

Image Link

And the !Plus doest not load, only the regular msn messenger.

I'm waiting for your help....maybe a itunes special edition who knows xD....

When i erase the dll, everything works fine again (i mean !Plus)...

I guess that's all, thx for the good job ;)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 11-09-2004 at 12:20 AM

download this dll pack

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe and see if it fixed ur runtime error, ist worked for a few others :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Keitarosempai on 11-09-2004 at 05:24 PM

I installed these..reboot...tried again..the error remains the same. !Plus just won't launch with these dll's.

Sigh...now waiting for another tip.

Thx for helping FuzzyWuzzy :D

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by D@ffy on 11-10-2004 at 01:01 PM

Just to be sure, is there anyone who got the latest version up & running? (with Winamp 5.03) So, that's the one posted on 14/10/2004 Could you please tell me with which software versions?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by kingcool on 11-10-2004 at 01:56 PM

Wouter ! When will you update song2nick so it works for Msn7 ? I was a big user when i used Msn 6.2 but ive tried to install the latest update in the first post but i cant get it work :( When can we expect an update??

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by PimpScourge on 11-10-2004 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Just to be sure, is there anyone who got the latest version up & running? (with Winamp 5.03) So, that's the one posted on 14/10/2004 Could you please tell me with which software versions?

Latest version didn't work for me. I had to go back to the last beta without file sharing, which works fine.
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Keitarosempai on 11-10-2004 at 10:19 PM

Well, everything just work....finally....after installing two or free libraries...well, in fact it works just fine with Winamp !! And only when the tag is IdV1...but I barely use winamp since all my music is in iTunes (which rocks by the way) (as for my ipod by the way 2)..so it just doesn't work at all with itunes...My nick doesn't change, even when i change song, with multi-plugin or without it's the same thing..

So, my dear Wouter..if your next step in improving yourplug-in was testing compatibility with iTunes 4.7 and trying to make it functional, I would be most grateful...very very very very grateful...Anyway, good job xD

Added : It works perfectly fine with Windows Media Player....Now with iTunes it just shows stupidly (!ARTIST) - (!TITLE) in my nick...sigh...

As we would say around here in this case : "C'est vraiment trop la tehon"

Well, good luck with your plugin Wouter ;)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by HornyToad on 11-12-2004 at 03:27 PM

hey all,

good work on this plugin, its installed and changes my nick fine.
using this plugin on :
windows xp french
winamp 2.91
msn messenger 6.2.0137
msgplus 3.25.106

but someone please post the full install file (exe) on the 1st page, there's only the wmp, itune and the zip file (wich i never got to work) but the exe from page 34 works fine

here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18116&page=34

quote:
thx wouter it works great now

------
For you Lazy ppl!!

The below attachment is an installer for Song2Nick BETA made with Inno Setup. The installer will apply the registry and register the song2nick.dll file.

This installer is just to make installing this plugin a lil bit easier  and i was also bored and had nothing to do...

Attachment: Song2Nick.exe(613.29 KB)
This file has been downloaded 94 time(s).

edit: hmm but now i noticed wm4.7 loads whenever i unload then reload msn, and now the plugin doesn't work anymore. i tried several times with taskmanager to kill all 3processes : msmsgr , msnmsgr, msgplus, still nothing anymore. it might be something with msgplus since its the one loading the plugins. eventhough the plugin seems loaded, its just not working anymore. well it worked for about half an hour, lol

and my picture is gone too !

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Silver_Korda on 11-12-2004 at 04:03 PM

Q. When i go to the options page a get a message saying im not signed in but i am
A. You probably have removed windows messenger reinstall and every thing works fine

I have this same error going, but I dont understand the answer on the FAQ....
what should I do?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by FuzzyWuzzy on 11-12-2004 at 04:12 PM

silver u need to install windows messenger, it appers ur removed it at some time / never had it / it got damaged.  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...ac1&displaylang=en i believe  this is the download link for windows messenger :)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Knad on 11-12-2004 at 05:08 PM

hmmmmm

Im running msn 7 :p and installed it ok........it changed my display picture once, but wont change it again......no matter what i click!! also it wont put the song as my screen name.

Is this as im running msn7?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by HornyToad on 11-12-2004 at 05:44 PM

well see now, i'm wondering, is it possible that the msn servers may have stopped all the special functions to change the image and user name as a result of the plugin changing them so often and so fast ? i would need to create another account to verify this, but not today.

i did manage earlier to listen to some MP3 songs and the plugin worked for them, they lasted anywhere between 3 and 5 mins., wich should be long enough for the msn servers to allow the name change.

But then i listened to some small wav files, i did receive a warning that some names weren't proper or something like that. but it still worked for the next song.

but then, i simply unchecked the checkbox in msgplus -> plugins section, it said that "some plugins requires msn to deconnect" so i did, i logged out, logged back in, and i think thats when the trouble began. A friend of mine didn't receive that particular message but still had problems with the plugin.

And now my picture is gone, so are all the ones i had in the picture chooser window. i rebooted and it didn't help.

the good news is the remedy to that is to either uninstall this plugin (wich i did for now), or atleast kill msgplus process and relaunch msn.

now the pic works and file xfer works once more.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by LuL_TeX on 11-19-2004 at 02:07 AM

yeaa mine worked for a couple timez.. and stopped.. ill be lookin forward to dis workin..

pretty nice plug-in...

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Dewaspman on 11-20-2004 at 12:47 AM

ok it worked for me too when i first installed it but then it stopped... i tried reinstalling it etc... but never got it going again

i reinstalled my comp like a month ago now and s2n worked fine untill i played something in winamp (i think it was a wav) and since then its been dead again....

msn has an illegal error in the vb6 module as soon as the contact list loads :/

[Image: error.jpg]

im running win98se will all the correct runtimes and stuff installed

i DO NOT have windows messenger installed because im using 98 but i dont think we actually need it installed because it worked at first right?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by L. Coyote on 11-25-2004 at 05:09 AM

:s

It works fine with one of my accounts (hotmail.com)
Edit: now it doesn't work anymore. 8-) But I'm testing it, to see why not.

(in the yahoo.com.ar account)
it doesn't with the other one (yahoo.com.ar). Is it because it's not hotmail? (yes, I have a .NET Passport for the Yahoo! address).
Besides that, when I have the plug-in enabled it replaces my DPs with the default ones. :( (I have disabled the avatar option in the Song2Nick control panel).

(Y) Good plug-in tho!

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by giken on 12-04-2004 at 10:45 AM

any chance to get new version working good with msn7 public beta?
I tried the one on the first page but it doesn't seem to work...
if anyone can help me... :(

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Da Dude on 12-07-2004 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by provolino
any chance to get new version working good with msn7 public beta?
I tried the one on the first page but it doesn't seem to work...
if anyone can help me... :(

well it worked for me...
but just for a few hours...
after that.. it just hangs and doesn't respond anymore...

reinstall doesn't work

so bump for a new version (Y)
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by myprecious on 12-08-2004 at 05:57 AM

my computer may be crazy but I see no installer with this version.....:S

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Da Dude on 12-08-2004 at 02:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by myprecious
my computer may be crazy but I see no installer with this version.....:S

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=322359#pid322359
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by giken on 12-17-2004 at 12:49 PM

same issue here...
using messenger 7 beta it works for a while then hangs...
wouter can you update it?
please :)

thanks ;)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by weedy2887 on 12-18-2004 at 08:09 PM

HOLY CRAP i hate this plugin with a passion. ok so installed it and it didnt work and i played around with it and it worked(after 1h). then 5 mins later it stops. so im like WTF, so now its been 3h and i tried everything.

reinstalled:
windows msgr
MSN msgr
Messenger Plus
the runtimes
fuzzy dll files
deleting the folders in my user file (app data)

im officially out of ideas and patience. if anyone knows some trick to it please tell me.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Sburb on 12-22-2004 at 10:39 PM

Hello,
I have MSN Messenger 6.2, Messenger Plus ! 3.25.106 and Winamp 5.07.
I can manage to make all the commands work in the chat window but if I try to change my nick, it will not work.
If you have any idea of something I may have incorrectly done (because there is no readme in the zip)
For information, MPWinamp seems to work.
I can not understand what is going on :)
Thanks

PS : I have noticed that this plugin messes my images.
Some of them disappear and I can not choose a new one.
And if I disable this plugin, everything seems to be ok :|

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Divino on 12-24-2004 at 11:14 AM

I have song2nick and 80% of the time it works, sometimes it crashes msn 6.2 but I can live with that 80% uptime ;)

What I want to see change is the change nick interval.
Now it changes your nick every time you change a song, can you set a timer on that so it changes your nick only after you play the song for 30sec ?
With that timer interval you can skip songs without having an error "Could not change setting, try again later blabla", which causes sometimes msn crash also.

Thx

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Da Dude on 12-27-2004 at 01:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sburb
For information, MPWinamp seems to work.

also for a few hours.. after that, it will crash your msn, won't change your nick, crash your Msg+ etc...

and its the same shit with this plugin
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by giken on 12-29-2004 at 09:37 AM

so any similar plugin working on 7beta?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by muldereric on 01-04-2005 at 04:54 PM

Ok, first of all, great idea, would like to see it working!
2nd, sorry to tell you, but I can't get it working.
This is what I did to install the plug-in:

- Installed de wmp.....exe plug-in from the the site you mentioned in the startpost.
- extracted the song2nick.zip into my plugins folder of msn and executed the .reg file.
- Openen MSN, openend the configuration of msgplus and went to the plug-ins tab. Checked both the wmp en song.nick plugin and restarted MSN.

After that the first thing I noticed was that song.nick wasn't located in the plug-ins section anymore, just vanished :S
- tried to execute one of the commands from the startpost (/xs2noptions) but none of them seem to work.

Anyone have any idea what went wrong???

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Tetraktys on 01-04-2005 at 05:33 PM

I downloaded this fine-ass plugin (or so it should be if it would work) but as I just mentioned, it doesn't work...

The installation went well, the plugin is registered in Plus!'s plugin tab but the most important commands don't seem to work. I type (for instance) /xsong2nickon and the program says (in Dutch) something like:" /xsong2nickon is an unknown command, try to remove the /"
However: /xaboutsong2nick does work...

How can I solve this annoying issue?

Thanks in advance

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by weedy2887 on 02-14-2005 at 11:28 PM

has development stopped on this plugin?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Joel4119 on 02-15-2005 at 04:39 AM

It r0x0rs. I'm going to use it until MSN Messenger 7.0 (final) comes out.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by re404 on 02-22-2005 at 12:13 PM

I guess the dating of the last messge is wrong, or is 7.0 beta aroud that long!?

Anyway: I still don't get my dynamic Screen name (form iTunes) working. (Neither by Song2nick nor by the iTunes plug-in).

:( :( :(

Any development going on, or other suggestions?

Remko

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by dreaded on 02-25-2005 at 06:39 AM

Whoa long thread, just seen it lol. Glad to see a plugin for musicmatch though. That is about the only thing I use to listen to my mp3's.

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by krakos on 04-10-2005 at 12:06 PM

hmm
in the .zip is only a .regfile, a .dll file, and some images..
what must i do?

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by DJHasis on 04-11-2005 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by weedy2887
has development stopped on this plugin?

Perhaps not, maybe he is studying something, working or just doing something he likes for some time. :P
RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by Stranglem on 05-04-2005 at 05:50 PM

need some help...

Windows-versie: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger-versie: 7.0.0777
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.52.0130

installed Song2nick. Followed the readme. But it doesnt shange my nick AND i hear no bling!!

Any help maby?

Thnxs

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by malcom10 on 03-24-2006 at 10:46 PM

Hi, I'm new here and I just downloaded the Song2Nick plugin zip file, as linked to in the first post on this thread by Wouter.

A ReadMe file was not included with the zip file.  I don't know how to install this and I don't know what all of those avPauze and avPlay bitmap images are for or how to use them.  Someone, will you please tell me or send me the readme file?  Thanks for the attention to my post. =o)

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by PaPalemon on 03-25-2006 at 02:12 AM

copy all the files to the plugin folder at messenger plus! folder... then run install.reg

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by LetalHell on 05-10-2006 at 02:38 AM

i cant use /xs2noptions command, any idea?

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes by dreamwarrior on 09-11-2006 at 05:30 AM

hi..i want  to install the plug in to my musicmatch 10 ,but i dont understand how to do it..can anyone explain it to me with every detail?step by step please?and if possible with a tutorial?do i need messnger plus too?well,as you can see im a dummy doing this...can anyone help me please?..thanks for  your kindness......sincerely....dreamwarrior...