Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Community forums history - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Community forums history (/showthread.php?tid=18557)

Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 11-24-2003 at 12:56 AM

Quite a few months ago, gfd asked me to write some shit about the community... We were going to make an Easter egg in msgplus.net...

Time has passed and it seems that nothing will be made, So I’m posting what i wrote for him, specially interesting for newbie’s or regulars who had registered not so long ago.

Lots of misspellings and stuff... what would u expect from me anyway? :grin:

Here we go, if u don’t want to read then don’t read :P Just keep your ass away from here :refuck:

Messenger Plus! Community forums history:

I still remember the first time I logged onto the board on February 2002.
A friend of mine had been using the "Quick Messages" to flood me. When I asked how he did it so fast, he said: "I've installed the Messenger Plus! Extension". I searched for it on the Net and downloaded it. It was a very cool program with useful features, without spyware or advertisements... No doubt, it was the best Messenger add-on I had ever seen.

While I was using it I thought on some suggestions and I wanted to contact the developer of Plus!, Patchou, so I logged onto and registered on the messenger Plus! Forums. Then I made my first post, my first thread with many suggestions on it. While I was waiting for replies, I read a lot of threads on the board, and I started to like the idea of become a regular member. So I started to post, to post a lot. I made 69 posts on 2 days and the members ( *cough* Muss *cough* ) started to complain about it. They said I was spamming a lot, and of course I wasn't :angel:. They almost made me leave the forums... It was a PM sent by Topeka_KS that made me stay (and I don't  regret :grin:)

At that time we were on Xsorbits (Very crappy board by the way :refuck:). I slowly started to know more about the members: WDZ, Johnny_Mac, Muss, Jae, Patchou, Ginge, Undertaker, Ericanutter, Bumble_B, Octavio, and the others... Good old days :happy:

Some day, when I logged onto the board I realized that every post on the forums had been deleted. WDZ and Jae (only admins with Patchou back then) told us that all our posts had been lost (again, crappy XSO :refuck:). So we had to start again... But the admins were planning a move... Surfichris had been contacting them... he offered us a new-free software (DevBB) and he and his team would host us in their server. So we did the big move, on march-april, 2002.

* begin the surfichris story*
When I saw the current state of the XSO Messenger Plus! Forums, and how all of the posts, and threads had suddenly been lost (Can’t trust a free remotely hosted board!), I felt sorry for what was a thriving community, and one of the largest Messenger communities of the time. The forums were a good example of members helping others, as well as having a good time.

I read a thread about the forums moving or closing down. I quickly got in contact with Jae in regards to providing a new place for the forums to live (sponsored by ZeonHost). Jae accepted, and there was a poll which quickly went up in the announcements forum if they should move or not. As predicted, everyone wanted to move because they were sick of the troubles they had been having with XSO.

From there it began. I setup a copy of the latest release of DevBB, and whilst doing so that sneaky Wj snuck in and registered the first account (which automatically makes you an Administrator). Wj was also involved with the DevBB project. We were the ones who moved it all over and worked on it with the others. Wj quickly made me an Administrator, and we madly begun work on the board. We overhauled a lot of things. Template edits, code modifications, new images. It was all there. We then invited Jae and WDZ to take a look around. We had a “Development Forum” which existed up until about 2 years ago now. They would post in the forum, we would answer their questions, make modifications to the software and got ready to finalise everything for the big launch. We were kind of in a hurry, to get moved as quick as possible.

And then it launched…

* end surfichris story*

The new board was very cool in comparison with XSO. There were a lot of new options and a lot of new stuff. There were a lot of forums too, so it was easier to spam :rolleyes:.

Sadly, a lot of the old member’s disappeared with the move... Undertaker, one of the top posters at the old board just posted twice here. Bumble_B and Ericanutter made their own cult and created the "Bow to the bumble B" Board :lol:... The only members that "survived" the move were WDZ, Johnny_Mac, Muss, Ginge and me, Chrono.

So we started the whole community again. I remember that WDZ started to make statistics for everything, and we started to suggest him more and more of new stats pages to create... There were stats for the top 10 posters and the top poster of the day, for the top 10 nationalities picked by the users, for the top 10 most active users (the hours that they spent on the board)... even for the times that an emoticon had been posted on the forums :lol:

Some day, Jae posted that he couldn't be on the board as much as he would like, and he said that he wouldn't be an admin anymore. So WDZ made Johnny_Mac a Super mod (Very good decision, as Johnny was the most active member at the time... about 8 hours a day :undecided:).
So the life at the board was easy, with a few members and not many new threads to post in.
I still remember when Muss and me started to "ask" WDZ to change our titles to "MsgPlus! Online support" (It was Johnny's and Muss's idea I think) and after a lot of :bow: and shit he changed Muss's title... So of course I complained and got my beloved "Spanish MsgPlus! Online support title" (bolds included) :grin:, as I was the only member who spoke spanish back then (I'm from Santiago, Chile btw).
I asked WDZ to add some new emoticons too, the great Chronoticons :lol:. One of the most used emoticons on the board is one of them, the :refuck: Chronoticon.

Slowly, there were new members registering, as Shine, Gisteren, Bugz, Reisyboy... How would I forget Karma and her posts with the :devil: emoticon everywhere... Muss always had "disagreements" with her so they always finished up fighting, and she finally left the board (Thanks Muss :lol: j/k).
So slowly there were more questions to answer, more posts to reply...

One Sunday on July 2002, when I woke up, My eyes hurt... 2 or 3 days after that, I was getting "blind"... I had Optical neuritis, so I was going to be almost blind for many weeks/months... I could see just about 10-20% compared with other people... So I posted a thread called "I'll be away for a while" (which u can still find in General Chit Chat :))... I told the members that I wouldn't be on the board for some weeks cause of my "illness"...
When I read the whole thread when I was getting better, I was amazed. There were a lot of replies, a lot of "I hope U get well" posts... I had a lot of emails too, I even received a WAV file where Alvarezp (Octavio) wished me good luck and told me to be brave... Thanks guys for all your support :happy:
I was getting better and better and started to post again (very quick recovery btw :)). At that time we all were asking were the hell was Patchou, as he disappeared for months... People were leaving and there were less people registering... we didn't knew what would happen with Plus!, even if there would be a version 2 of it... The board was dying... I remember a thread where Shine posted that if Patchou wasn’t going to log onto the board, it would be dead very soon... I remember WDZ posting in reply: "When there's just me, Muss, Johnny and Chrono posting shit on the board, I'll close it" :undecided:.

Some days after that it would happen what we were waiting for. Patchou logged on and posted a thread telling us that he was alive and that he was working on Messenger Plus! 2. We were all happy. We finally heard from Patchou and there would be a version 2 of Plus!.
The same day that Patchou posted that thread, Sholin, one of the 2 very first alpha testers of Plus! 2 (he and Jae), posted a pic of it... Then Ginge would discover that it was a fake and then Patchou would confirm it... It was a very good joke, as the pic looked very real.
We would need to wait a few days to have the first real images of Plus. Sholin uploaded a teaser showing us the features included in the very first alpha (with a cool Ramstein's song in the background :chrongue:). All these events attracted people again, and more people started to register. The board was still alive and we would be alive for years.

Some day on November 2002 I would get "blind" again. I posted again and received a lot of support... again :chrongue:. While I was blind, we moved to Mybb, new beta software from the developers of Devbb, on a new server. [surfichris: Ah yes, that would be the day where I spent hours and hours creating a converter for these forums! Fun day!]

When I came back to post I realized about the new looking board and... Well, I was still blind and I didn't know how to use the most commonly used options, as the PMs, so I couldn't try the new features until I could read better. I made WDZ to change my title to "Spanish MsgPlus! Online support|the blind one", dunno why, I just wanted to have it :chrongue:.

As I couldn't read very well yet, I couldn't read every new thread posted on the board... So I lost the chance to be an alpha tester, as I didn't read that thread... I contacted Patchou by MSN and told him my situation... he knew about my "illness" so he sent me the alpha version with no problem, and I became an alpha tester :grin: (that's how I got Patchou in my contact list btw, i asked Reisiboy to ask him if he could add me :P). The alpha was great, a lot of new features. Very cool.
WDZ was planning to add a new forum just for alpha testers, were we could post bugs and stuff... He even created it, but then he deleted it (i think i have a screenshot of it somewhere :dodgy:).
At the meantime, The Multi-languages idea was becoming true... They were asking for people to translate Plus! to whatever language they would like... I became the Spanish Latin translator's team leader btw. So for the final version we would have a very cool new program with many cool features and in every language you would like.

At these days Patchou was talking about his new website and was asking for designers... many new members registered and showed us their sites and stuff... one of them was gfd, who quickly joined the designers team, now composed by him and a Spanish guy (where the hell are the others ? Who knows...). He made the whole designs for Plus!, he created the new logo for it and he made almost the whole MsgPlus! website. I didn't know that he spoke Spanish until he PMd me. He told me that he was from Argentina and I added him to my contact list. Since then we are very good friends (aren't we ? :undecided:... :refuck:). He stayed on the board and became the top spammers poster of it. Everyone complained (as ever) but he didn't care.

The board was getting full of new members and new threads cause of the beta version announced to be released on December 31st 2002. As there was a lot of Spam everywhere, we decided that we would need new moderators so we created a thread to talk about it. The obvious member with the most chances to become a mod was Muss, and indeed he became one some days after that thread was created.

The first public beta version (2.00.14) wasn't released until January 7th 2003, that made the board very popular and many new members registered asking for support, reporting bugs and suggesting new features (just check the stats page!). I became a mod then. They asked Ginge to be a mod too, but he didn't had the time...

So we had a lot of members and guests browsing the forums at the same time and we started to get the server load limit error very often. Some of the new members would stay as sock, Moria, [white]shark, wabz, KoalaBlue, Mnjul, DaneSmith and Raddie, the youngest top poster on the board at the time. sock made a MsgPlus IRC channel, and it supposedly would help the server load too.

Patchou released many updates to fix some bugs and add some little new "features"... the update 2.00.17 included the first Easter egg, and the update 2.00.23 (released on February 17th ) included some new ones, the sound commands, so people started to ask what were the commands and we had a lot of threads about it until Johnny made a page explaining how to use them and what were the commands.

I still can remember when Dane started to talk about his coming-soon Messenger Plus! Zone website. He was planning to create some kind of support site, and he needed helpers :P. He stole our ideas and copied every single forum in this board. then he created his Zone support forums, which where quiet crappy :refuck:.
We had lots of arguments with him until he finally closed down his site (no one went there anyway). I remember him starting some rumours about "Plus Zone" coming back online, and a member revealing his plans. Dane was all mad at him and then he said that these rumours were just lies... the funniest thing was that he by himself started these rumours :lol:.
I remember me posting a thread about his silly signature (an ugly msn butterfly drawn on paint)(he changed it after i posted it though :P) and how we were all arguing with him.... aaahh that thread was quiet funny, i even saved it and now its in a cd somewhere with my backups :grin:
Anyway, he left the forums for a long time and now he is back... I just hope that he stops being a jerk and stops acting as if he knows everything :grin:.. Then everything will be alright :P

Some day on March, Fraisie (Patchou's Girlfriend) asked WDZ if she could be a Mod. WDZ made her a Super Mod and of course we complained (and congratulated her too of course :chrongue:). After that, WDZ made Muss and me Super Mods too. At least we had a good forum team so we could handle the Spam that some of our members (*cough* GFD *cough*) posted daily.

As we didn't need any new suggestions (Patchou would release the final version very soon), WDZ deleted the Suggestion forum and added a new one called "MsgPlus General talk"...

I added what is next a couple of minutes ago so its now up-to-date
At the time, i was going to the uni, so i couldn’t get online very often, so i cant remember very well how things went on.. I remember many users registering, as :throwup:_girl (wack_girl, now nicknamed wacky (UPDATED: Now nicknamed Jellybean (blah u better stop changing nicknames :P))),  Messenger_Plus!, KnightieBoy, BooGhost... hmm he would become the top poster for quiet a few months btw.. I used to "hate" him as the way he spammed was quite annoying... Anyway, lots of new - regular members registered since then and of course i cant say them all :chrongue:.

I remember being beta testing and receiving an email from Patchou, who told us that he was going to add a sponsor program to Messenger Plus!. After he released the version, we received lots of complaints about it, people who installed it accidentally and people calling it Spyware (which is NOT). Lots of moderating had to be done cause of the arguments that were posted. Hopefully, Patchou would modify the sponsor agreement window some months after that and now we almost receive no complaints about it :happy:

There were members who spent all day on the board.. Yeah I’m talking about KoalaBlue, who was a great helper in the board, but she was always complaining about minimal stuff, so she had lots of admirers as she had lots of detractors..  Anyway, she was online all day, so she could help whoever needed help in no time, in the board and on the IRC channel. Quiet a good member and a good friend as long as u agreed with her ideals.

I cant remember if it was wabz or KoalaBlue (or KB as i used to call her and then everyone did too :P) suggesting the idea to have a special title for special members, we talked a lot about it and wdz finally did it. He created a new group, the Elite Members, and he added a few members...

On July 2003, gfd (now known as Guido btw) created the Messenger Plus! tab, which u could use to read the news on msgplus.net.

August 2003 saw the creation of a plugins package by Patchou, which would contain many plugins. The plugins database was growing too quickly and users could not decide on which plugins to be included in the package. This led in to the idea of creating an online plugins database (hosted by surfi) at http://plugins.mybboard.com and is now the home of many plugins, and managed by Fraisie.

Also in august 2003, we would receive great news: we could have our own @msgplus.net email addresses! there was a limited quantity of email addresses, so we had to hurry :P. I remember that there were lots of problems regarding these addresses, people saying that they didn’t work and stuff.. Indeed the addresses weren’t working for a lot of time. hopefully, now everyone can get an @msgplus.net account with *almost* no problems :). And for free!

i remember KnightieBoy posting some stuff about a mafia in the forums. he gave some names of some members and a description of what was his job. I told him that if he could "create" 20 members of the mafia, I would stick his thread in T&T. And he did. We had lots of fun in the thread, the last time it was updated there were like 40 members of the "carboni family" :lol:.

We’ve also had our fair share of sad events among the community. October 2003, sadly, saw the passing of one of our long standing and respected members, Immy. I didn’t really know her much so I’m not posting anything else about it, but it was really shocking to know that someone whom you spoke to like yesterday had passed away. R.I.P Immy (F).

At some point, WDZ fixed the "report post" thingy, so we started to receive lots of reports... quite useful (Y). I remember receiving tons of reports from KoalaBlue and Mnjul, so I was quiet sure they would become mods in no time... Once again, I was right. SurfiChris (now knows as Chris Boulton) made them super mods and me and Muss (now known as Jehuty(UPDATED: now known as Muss again :P)) complained, mostly because he didnt made a thread asking us, the forum team (he asked wdz anyway :P).
So we had some problems, KoalaBlue and Kasper, one of the admins and one of the server owners, left the forums. We had some discussions in the private forums and everything is solved now. All this happened on November 2003.

After kb and kasper left, there was a weird feeling in the forums. At the time I felt that everyone was angry for some reason. i thought many times in leaving too. It was annoying, it wasn’t fun at all, and if it wasn’t fun then what was the purpose of being there?
Slowly, things started to get better. We started to have fun again. We stopped the arguments with Chris. We were a nice community again.

i cant remember if it was November or December 2003 when Patchou started to talk about some code sharing. He was planning to release Plus! version 1's source code so programmers could know how Messenger Plus! hooks to Messenger and stuff. We had lots of problems with some people from the Messenger Fanatics community, as they started a thread there and started to insult Patchou and his little piece of art. Due to this, Patchou cancelled the "project".
After a couple of weeks he started a new thread to talk about it, and even though no one said anything bad to him, he never released the source. I fully support him on that one, it's a good decision :P.

Somewhere near this time, Patchou posted some pics of Fraisie's sister and everyone was somehow shocked at her cuteness. She was pretty!
Then Patchou had the great idea to dedicate a section of his site to her, the so called "Plus! babe". There were funny pics of Patchou too.
Basically the idea was to have the Plus! babe with Plus! merchandise, shirts, cups and stuff. Very funny :).

After the New Year’s Eve, people started to complain about the spam. A thread was started about it and lots of discussion went on. People said that we needed new mods, but the staff didn’t agree. The solution was simple: enforce the rules. And we did. The spam went down a lot, and now is under control (somehow :dodgy).

On February 2004, Patchou told us that his HD was dead :o. Hopefully, the Plus! source code was backed up, so no real harm to our favourite program :P. He firstly said that we could lose lots of stuff, his work for the last few months, but after a couple of days he would tell us that he recovered almost everything :cheesy:.
In the meantime, on February 15th 2004, some l337 h4ck0r (:chrongue:) attacked us (I’m not giving names :dodgy:). I remember that I was at the chatroom and some dodgy bastard was stealing passwords. After that event, i remember being on the main page of the board and noticed a new admin called "test1". i thought it was dodgy cause neither wdz nor surfi were online. I asked Jellybean through MSN if she had seen wdz or surfi online in the past hours and she said no. When i came back to the forums the attack was noticeable :P. Technically the h4ck0r could have done a lot of damage but, if I’m not mistaken, he only messed up with the forum's configuration. I remember wj coming )as surfi was relaxing at school and WDZ was being lazy as usual) online and taking the forums down. Then I was made an admin (:banana:) to help him out. Johnny was also made an admin.
After a couple of hours WDZ came online and finished the job (making us mods again :mipdodgy:.

On March 2004, Patchou announced that Plus! 3 was being beta tested. After a lot of hard work beta testing and translating, Messenger Plus! 3 was released on May 23rd 2004. 5 months of hard work redesigning the complete software. The preferences panel changed completely, it was way easier to find the option you were searching for and it included a beautiful interface. A pretty cool release!

And it created a lot of expectation, as well as Plus! 2 did when it was going to be released. People at the forums were waiting for the clock to reach the time when it was going to be released, refreshing the page like people without a life and without anything better to do :P. Anyway, a great update and with lots of new features, even though that wasn’t the original intention :) (Patchou mainly wanted to redesign the preferences, but slowly started to add new options to it ;)).

A bit before Plus!' 3 release, some members had a cool idea: People having somewhere in their profiles some kind of notice so people could know they were beta testers/translators. So WDZ added some kind of "stickers" as someone called them, above member's avatars and in the profiles. Pretty cool (Y).

We have had lots of new members during this period, like CookieRevised as an example, who quickly became an Elite Member. He is like a machine when its about searching something in the forums. He is a great helper due to these super powers :D. Other member whom I want to mention is Tochjo, cause he was previously (when he joined) a spammer :P. I remember how pissed i was deleting his posts one night, along with Jackass-wanabe's posts (now called Stigmata). Tochjo is a great example of how a member can change from being a spammer to be a good helper, as He helps a lot now :).

Other members who joined lately are marissa (who firstly joined as memarissa and was banned), Toddy and RebelSean. These 3 members have lots of arguments and have been banned many times. Marissa hopefully changed and now is very helpful. Sadly, toddy hadn’t learnt his lesson (don’t argue so much!) and is now banned for 2 weeks. Rebelsean (now known as Sean) has the big record: he has been banned +-9 times!! I dunno how many times tbh, but he has the record lol :lol:. Hopefully he changed too and isn’t arguing with toddy at least :P.

That’s what I can say for now ( september 17th 2004), i would only like to list the actual forum team so i can tell any new changes in the future :chrongue::

Admins: WDZ (:bow:), Chris Boulton (:drool:), Patchou and wj
Super Mods: Chrono, Fraisie, Johnny_Mac, Mnjul and Muss
Mods: none.
Elite Members: Choli, CookieRevised, DXtremz, Guido, MenthiX, Mippo, musicalmidget, reisyboy, sock, Tochjo, Wabz and wtbw

thx to everyone who read the whole stuff. You must have been really bored :refuck:. i accept suggestions and if u remember something important that I didn’t list, feel free to reply! Specially if its from the latest months... I haven’t been able to remember anything :undecided:

Hehe, I guess no one will read all this shit, this might be the longest post ever in the board :grin:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Guido on 11-24-2003 at 01:39 AM

Lol... true... true... I remember it :P

[Image: attachment.php?tid=18557&pid=166736]

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by BooGhost on 11-24-2003 at 01:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Hehe, i guess no one will read all this shit, this might be the longest post ever in the board :grin:
i read the hole thingie

it was pretty good to now the "roots" of the board :P damn i really liked that.... it's so touching

quote:
BooGhost... hmm he would become the top spammer for quiet a few months btw.. I used to “hate” him as the way he spammed was quiet bothering
:dodgy: (yeah i know that :P)

:lol: after readin the hole thing i just realize how little time I've been here.... and how many things i just didn't knew

i wanna say something aout the forums (less than you Chrono)

i really love it... i mean.... maybe load of ppl have noticed i like [color=FF7700]orange[/color] color.... but none knows exactly why.... well i don't like talking/remembering it since it's part of the best time in my life (that i've lost now :() but what i can say is that this was my distraction, this helped me keeping my mind away from my problems (that was why i was spamming that much :rolleyes:)

i was not studying i had finished school and doing nothing.... i had all the time to remeber and think about the bad things (coz i couldn't find any good). then one day.... on Mess.be i found Plus! 2 (wich i already knew from version 1) and downloaded it.... and well started reading the forums (but not posting)... i knew pretty much of Plus! and i knew i could answer more than ask here in the forums... May 7 (a day that really remember me [color=FF7700]orange[/color] :P) i registered... and i made my first post... :D i answered soemthing, i felt so fine.... i don't know why i just loved it... i kept posting, i just wanted to feel ppl knew me, i mean i just want them to remember the word "BooGhost", i just feel they knew me... i remember the first time i saw my name on a post, damn i felt so good (S7a5's post).

i remember i really admired Chrono, Chode, wacky , WDZ and KoalaBlue.... Chrono was the only Spanish speaker i found (I'm Peruvian btw)... and KoalaBlue was just the kind of member i wanted to be (and the kind of member i would never be).... about WDZ well i always asked him things (by PMs) and he always replyed :D... and Chode and wacky well i liked they're avatar and he posted pretty often. and with wacky and more ppl (like Ice Queen) we made a 1000 posts thread that Jhonny deleted

Now i know lot of ppl from the forum, i have lot of them in my contact list but i don't talk to them that much coz i'm studying now... i could say i don't need the forums as i did before, but i like them more than ever, i liked them because they kept my mind out of bad things.... they made me feel good when i was dying.....
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by ranicx on 11-24-2003 at 01:55 AM

woh.. i dont think ive eva seen a post so long :shocked: .but i red it all chrono :grin: 
i dont think ill wirte much, wouldnt know what to say realy.. 

1 thing that was kool, like what booghost said "i remember the first time i saw my name on a post, damn i felt so good" .. i remember when sum1 said stuff about me :grin: and weirder still it was sum1 i dint even know or had seen b4 :shocked: :happy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Guido on 11-24-2003 at 02:00 AM

I actually registered to suggest logos. And here I am. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by BooGhost on 11-24-2003 at 02:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
I actually registered to suggest logos
:o i thought you liked the software :P

nice avatar btw :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 11-24-2003 at 02:03 AM

hehe its nice to see how people reacts... :cry: :grin:

Anyway, i cant edi my post (I wanted to fix the messy characters :P).. i wonder why could i post the thread and now i want to edit it, i cant cause of it lenght :rolleyes:

WDZ!! :blah!: :lol:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by sock on 11-24-2003 at 02:08 AM

I registered to ask if MSN Messenger 5.0 should run on Windows XP.... and to ask for some little option (implemented a long time ago).... and to say I volunteered for MP2 Hebrew translation. =\

Then I had that mirror list... and the IRC server...

And here I am. :refuck:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by WDZ on 11-24-2003 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Anyway, i cant edi my post (I wanted to fix the messy characters :P).. i wonder why could i post the thread and now i want to edit it, i cant cause of it lenght :rolleyes:
Hmm... an inconsistency. :p

quote:
WDZ!! :blah!: :lol:
Try editing your post now.

* WDZ will read it once the annoying HTML crap is gone... :p
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by bach_m on 11-24-2003 at 02:16 AM

hmmm... i'm not mentioned :'(:'(

interesting.......

i registered for a bug report, but i dont even remember how i got here in the first place. i dont even rememeber how i found out about :plus2: (i guess it was the boards :refuck:) but i used to use :plus: ahhh good times

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by DXtremz on 11-24-2003 at 02:18 AM

I started off asking if there Messenger stored passwords in the registry, KoalaBlue was the first person to help me out. I've been here ever since and I love the place. And, I'm still a nobody :banana:!

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 11-24-2003 at 02:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Try editing your post now.

* WDZ will read it once the annoying HTML crap is gone... :p

Ok, I edited it (and i could add emoticons :yay:)

Thx wdz (Y)

(btw, there's a missing template for the "lenght" error message)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 11-24-2003 at 03:43 AM

I just would like to add that koalablue dont think that our problems are resolved as she just told me on IRC.
When i said that our problems were solved, i meant Our problems, the community problems, and i think they are solved as no one argues with no one anymore since she ledt. i didnt meant that ur problems with me and Jehuty were resulved, but u are not part of the community anymore.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by volkl on 11-24-2003 at 03:53 AM

* volkl is proud of himself cos he read the entire thing :banana:

i joined cos my friend found the tab sumwhere so i got it and i started reading posts and then decided to sign up an wa la here i am :chrongue: (thats ur best chronoticon)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Underlord on 11-24-2003 at 06:04 AM

:shocked: that is long.. it just kept going and going
I joined because i found the irc chat link on mess.be.. then i signed up to the forums...
and here i am :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by s7a5 on 11-24-2003 at 06:35 AM

i registered here bc of google :P

Chrono u forgot to mention about Dane :dodgy:

btw isnt the best place for this thread in forum&website ? :rolleyes:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 11-24-2003 at 06:44 AM

Might be... Gotta move it, and add the Dane stuff later :lol:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by CookieRevised on 11-24-2003 at 07:27 AM

A few weeks ago, I wanted to know how the old MsgPlus looked like, so I was searching on the forum and the internet for old links to old versions (got many versions now, but not all)...

After reading the whole thread and every post (and enjoying it very much ;)) I decided to search again, cause I remember reading some threads during my search with things/events in it where Chrono talks about in his post:

quote:
Some days after that it would happen what we were waiting for. Patchou logged on and posted a thread telling us that he was alive and that he was working on Messenger Plus! 2. We were all happy. We finally heard from Patchou and there would be a version 2 of Plus!.
The same day that Patchou posted that thread, Sholin, one of the 2 first alpha testers of Plus! 2 ( He and Jae ), posted a pic of it... Then Ginge would discover that it was a fake and then Patchou would confirm it... It was a very good joke, as the pic looked very real.
I'm alive!
Plus! 2.01 Beta Leaked

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by wj on 11-24-2003 at 08:46 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA! No mention of the dreaded
"Server Load Exceded" errors?

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Choli on 11-24-2003 at 07:28 PM

I don't know why I've registered, but now I think I should have registered before.

quote:
Hehe, i guess no one will read all this shit, this might be the longest post ever in the board
:chrongue: It's a very nice story ;)
quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
hmmm... i'm not mentioned
Me neither but who cares? :angel:
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by dotNorma on 11-24-2003 at 11:44 PM

:banana: You Remembered my name as some of the people who registered I must be so special :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by dotNorma on 11-25-2003 at 12:11 AM

Blah , I read it all :P I joined to ask about sponsor removal but look at me now so hip and hop :P If i hadnt ever joined these communities than i wouldnt know VisualBasics ( had never heard of it until the plugins started being created and i picked up on your fancy pancy tech talk) I wouldnt be creating a program called TweakMSN , Sk3tch would not have started VB and made Nick Twister (well atleast yet) and same with DBJ and his Simple DVD player. I wouldnt know near enough about how economics work in the program world (with all of Pacthou's intelligent posts)
and most importantly i would be bored out of my mind O_o

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 11-25-2003 at 01:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
HAHAHAHAHAHA! No mention of the dreaded
"Server Load Exceded" errors?
I meantioned it :chrongue:
quote:
So we had a lot of members and guests browsing the forums at the same time and we started to get the server load limit error very often.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by bra1nwash on 11-25-2003 at 03:32 PM

hehe me read the whole thing too...i agree its quite touching:) i got into this forums when sum1 introduced me to msgplus and i searched the site thru google n found the site, i sumhow found this nice community after that;) hehe time flies i shud say, its been 5 months since i have been here...me feel kinda proud of myself:lol:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Jeronimo on 11-25-2003 at 03:42 PM

I forget how I stumbled upon this place. And for what reason. But one thing is certain. These forums do exist...

One of my friends recommended Plus 1.41 I think it was. I was a bit wary at first, being new to Messenger in general. Once over the initial fear that Patchou was some kind of hacker after all my darkest secrets, I was hooked (no pun intended) :refuck:

After doing a very good job at failing my exams, I decided to take up more of a residency on these forums. In fact, most of my posts have come within the last few months. Much to the amusement of my friends, who's cries of "Geek" are still ringing in my ears...

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by musicalmidget on 11-25-2003 at 03:49 PM

Wow, that was an interesting read...usually I just skip long posts. :grin:

I remember how things were just before/after I joined.  Many of the more "senior" (:tongue:) members were still about then...but not so many are still here now. :-/

First time I came here was when I asked someone over MSN if she could remember the last came we spoke online, and she was able to tell me the exact date and time of our last conversation.  I was amazed.  She explained about Messenger Plus! and it's chat logging ability, and within minutes I was doing a google search.  These forums were the first result...but at the time (in all my n00bishness) I'd only just got the internet and had no idea what a forum was untill I explored around a little.  After finding out about the forums at the MediaUK website and more at TheSite, and in a similar way to that which Chrono explains, I was hooked (I know, I had a life, but I lost it when I "got connected" :grin:).  I came back here one day to check for a new version of Plus! and realised "Hey, this is a forum too!" and spammed (posted (a)) here from that day onwards. :P

Nowadays, I don't visit the other forums I started with very often.  The Messenger Plus! forums is where I spend most of my posting time, and I think it will stay that way for a long time to come.

I like reading about how things used to be.  Although I'm not one of the very original members, I've been here long enough to remember some of "The good old days" you are talking about...even the wonderful days of the busy forums and "Maximum server load" message. :P

In fact, my very earliest memory of the forum, was the old skin used when the forums was powered by devBB, and the christmas logo at the top, which I was reminded about the other day...

* musicalmidget wonders how many current members will still be here this time next year. :P

By the way Chrono...how the heck did you get that many smilies in one post, I thought the limit was 10. :dodgy:

:gfdrin:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by BooGhost on 11-25-2003 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
* musicalmidget wonders how many current members will still be here this time next year. :P

I'm pretty sure quite a nit will remain, and i hope i'll be one them :D

quote:
By the way Chrono...how the heck did you get that many smilies in one post, I thought the limit was 10. :dodgy:
he's mod :dodgy:
i had to remove like 7 smilies from my post :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by dotNorma on 11-25-2003 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
* musicalmidget wonders how many current members will still be here this time next year.:P

I know I will , these forums are like part of me now :P Ive been on them since i was like...9 and they are my homepage :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Stigmata on 11-25-2003 at 06:54 PM

i downloaded the first plus from a friend who had kept saying, y cant you hear the sounds im making. so i downloaded plus and then, because i am who i am, i joined the forum not too long ago just to post some ideas about plus that i had.

say a couple of months went passed and i hadnt visted the forum at all. untill someone showed me mess.be and i saw the whole page on msgplus..and i thought..whow its grown. so i went back on the forum and started to make *friends* if thats what you call it.

im realy sorry for saying this but this place is great, i realy love it, i would have a very sorry life if it wasnt here, everyone here is just so nice to me and treat me nicely,[ even the ones who say i spam :) ]

ill spend as long as i can on it, i even got it blocked on my school computers because some guys came to install a new internal server and saw the cookie for this site. [ but i got it unblocked one lunch time........shush shush.] ive like it soo much ive introduced loads of my friends to it traxor, ibisdevil2, gozzerry. plus many more.

my home computer has the plus logo on my personal folder.

this forum has helped me get intoduced to skinning [boo ghost and shady][i can skin!!], c++ and vb [ djm] and irc [segosa]

ps: i think segosa is doing a great job on irc, and should be opped full time or something!

personally i would like to say thanks to everyone on this forum for the love and happiness this thing has brought to me!

yours
jackass_wanabe

pss: lol@chrono for mentioning me

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 11-25-2003 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
he's mod :dodgy:
i had to remove like 7 smilies from my post :P

Actually i have that "10 smilies limit" too.

I guess that, as i couldnt edit my post cause of its lenght (:refuck:), wdz did some :dodgy: move so i could edit it...when i edited my post  i tried to edit itagain but without disabling the smilies, and bingo! :chrongue:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 11-26-2003 at 05:30 AM

I just added something about Dane:

quote:
I still can remember when Dane started to talk about his comming-soon Messenger Plus! Zone website. He was planning to create some kind of support site, and he needed helpers :P. He stole our ideas and copied every single forum in this board. then he created his Zone support forums, which where quiet crappy :refuck:.
We had lots of arguments with him until he finally closed down his site (no one went there anyway). I remember him starting some rumours about "Plus Zone" comming back online, and a member revealing his plans. Dane was all mad at him and then he said that these rumours were just lies... the funniest thing was that he by himself started these rumours :lol:.
I remember me posting a thread about his silly signature (an ugly msn butterfly drawn on paint)(he changed it after i posted it though :P) and how we were all arguing with him.... aaahh that thread was quiet funny, i even saved it and now its in a cd somewhere with my backups :grin:
Anyway, he left the forums for a long time and now he is back... I just hope that he stops being a jerk and stops acting as if he knows everything :grin:.. then everything will be alright :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by BooGhost on 11-26-2003 at 05:38 AM

damn you actually don't like Dane :P

correction damn you actually think Dane's a jerk:

quote:
just hope that he stops being a jerk

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 11-26-2003 at 05:41 AM

Immm who said so ? :undecided:

Dane is cool :P is just that he is a bit... *special*... i dont know if u get me ;)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Dane on 11-26-2003 at 03:03 PM

lol, Time to correct you, chrono :P

quote:

quote:
I still can remember when Dane started to talk about his coming-soon Messenger Plus! Zone website. He was planning to create some kind of support site, and he needed helpers :P. He stole our ideas and copied every single forum in this board. then he created his Zone support forums, which are quite great :refuck:.
We had lots of arguments with him until he finally closed down his site (Average of 26-40 Users Per Day). I remember him starting some rumours about "Plus Zone" coming back online, and a member revealing his plans. Dane was all mad at him and then he said that these rumours were just lies... the funniest thing was that he by himself started these rumours :lol:.
I remember me posting a thread about his silly signature (an ugly msn butterfly drawn on paint)(Still have it, to - Dane)(he changed it after i posted it though :P) and how we were all arguing with him.... aaahh that thread was quiet funny, i even saved it and now its in a cd somewhere with my backups :grin:
Anyway, he left the forums for a long time and now he is back... I just hope that he stops being a jerk and stops acting as if he knows everything :grin:.. then everything will be alright :P

:)
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Fraisie on 11-26-2003 at 03:07 PM

That history gives me such a good image :/ But I do remember must of those things :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by fluffy_lobster on 11-26-2003 at 05:55 PM

26-40 users is nothing though... the thing that makes these forums worth it is that there are more like 260-400 users online at a time :P (although it's gone down recently)

Just my two cents

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user13774 on 11-26-2003 at 07:48 PM

Lol, nice thread =). I registered 12-04-2003. I remembered a friend who had :plus2: and shared it with me (just to spam me with the sounds :blah!:). Then a few days later I checked the website, to see if there was a new version of it and I noticed about the forum. I registered, because I wanted to ask about the multi-lang support (which languages would be supported).

I got more and more interested in :plus2: and I'm still here today :grin:. The only problem is that I don't have time to spend 8 hours a day on tha forum :wink:, so it will take a bit longer to be a Posting Freak, but hear this: I WILL BE A POSTING FREAK! :tongue: :happy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Omar on 12-11-2003 at 09:28 PM

Thank you Chrono...it was nice to read about the history of this forum....

:P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Guido on 12-12-2003 at 03:03 AM

quote:
which where quiet crappy
which were quite crappy :refuck:

And still are quite absolutely crappy.
[Image: xplogo.gif]

Oh!! Don't forget to fill this survey. Dane will read it!
http://msgpluszone.com/MsgPlus25Surv.html

(Dane, don't complain, I'm getting you a few hits with those links :refuck:)
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by surfichris on 12-12-2003 at 05:27 AM

The Microsoft Corperation is cool.. except when you spell it wrong.. im sure they'de love that one :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Wabz on 12-12-2003 at 03:03 PM

Sigh it's long time i know i know

Well it all started about last November 2002 I'd been using msgplus v1 for a long while and had been scouring the internet for anything to do with messenger (I knew about Mess.be for about 7 months before hand) But i was still curious.  One fateful day I was chatting with a friend and he shown me a post at the boards (coleman01) after that i started looking around reading posts but didnt feel the need to register.  Then something like a day after Koalablue I registered and slowly started posting till Febuary when I boomed and started posting daily (me and GFD managed over 750 posts in a week).  Then the irc channel where me and sock fell out as i was quite childish and excitable in there (dont know why just was fun :dodgy: Mat3 ) And from there i lost interest in the forums for quite a while although me and Koalablue still had arguements over petty little things like my :spam:my posting.

Then I seemed to start becoming the older wiser member started chatting with everyone personally and got to know everyone.  I started requesting features for the boards such as the Quick Quote and Elite members and WDZ accepted eventually.  Then after monhs of being complacent in #msgplus We moved servers and Patchou gave me my Ops and well the rest is history.  Maybes one day I'll even be a moderator  here :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by kangie on 12-12-2003 at 03:12 PM

well.....
i used to hang out on the #msgplus chan...... then i started coming here like, 3months after :P tbh, im still a parttime person but HEY! im kangie :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Muss on 12-18-2003 at 05:14 AM

blah, anyone else notice how when 'fights between members' 'members leaving' and other stuff like that, my name is also mentioned in the same sentence :angel:

In chromos thingy :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 12-19-2003 at 02:50 AM

what did u expect? :refuck:

:lol:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user2319 on 01-15-2004 at 04:06 PM

quote:
So we had a lot of members and guests browsing the forums at the same time and we started to get the server load limit error very often. Some of the new members would stay as Sock, Moria, [white]shark, wabz, KoalaBlue, Mnjul, DaneSmith and Raddie, the youngest top poster on the board at the time.

I thought that was me :cry:

well, whatever :refuck:
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by MC Inferno on 01-15-2004 at 04:22 PM

I aint been here for ages like u lot. Ive ben here less then a month, but already mking a name :P

c'med :| (y) lol

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Johnny_Mac on 01-18-2004 at 09:05 PM

My destiny here was fate, as WDZ, ][nsane_Fury and Muss (btw, change your name god dammit... been meaning to say that since you done it, just got round to it :P) will testify.

I remember when I first tried to register, I couldnt stay logged in, on xso I made loads of accounts, "JohnnyM" was the first. Then when I thought it was the accounts fault for not being logged in I made 'Johnny_Mac' and e-mailed Patchou asking WTF!!... Got no reply 4 weeks later and accidently clicked a link to #msgplus on irc.webchat.org. :P

On entering WDZ and ][nsane told me how to stay logged in and then Muss joined and helped me post my very first post. :grin: (Jae :@ :P)

uhmm... that was over 2 years now, lots of stuff since then. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Muss on 01-19-2004 at 08:01 AM

Guido, blame Chromo, he did it

I also posted a tribute thread for him :D

It contained this

quote:
Hello, my name is Johnny
Well hello my name is Johnny
I would like to explain myself
And I would like to complain in vain..

Sweet little boy
JOHNNY!
Sweet Little Boy
JOHNNY!
Let me show you the way to my
Let me help you explain your mind
When I help you explain your mind

'ello my name is Roger
Well hello my name is Roger
I would like to proclaim myself
A god...
And likely ordain myself

Sweet little boy
ROGER!
Sweet little boy
ROGER!

let me help you explain your mind

Sweet little boy
Johnny
Sweet little boy
Know as ROGER!

:blah!:

I think that thread was deleted, or move at same stage soon afterwards :banana:

Another thing I remember is, :pound:, I was on another forum* where someone had it as their avatar. I saved it, sent it to wdz (when he used msn messenger, actually that is another story, how WDZ would never give me his msn addy, until one day he cracked :D) well, I got him to add it, or he wanted to add it, and after that more :dodgy: ones have been added.

And about wdz cracking, WTF is his name :undecided:

*Lets just say it probably isn't appropriate to give out the URL here :banana:

Another thing, how johnny once spelt Chrono's name wrong (Chromo) and I have called him that ever since :refuck:
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 01-19-2004 at 08:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jehuty
Another thing, how johnny once spelt Chrono's name wrong (Chromo) and I have called him that ever since 

And now there are quite a few members who call me Chromo..

* Chrono slaps Muss around a bit with a large trout.

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
and Muss (btw, change your name god dammit... been meaning to say that since you done it, just got round to it )
* Chrono agrees

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by ranicx on 01-19-2004 at 08:21 AM

chromo? what about chronage? .. i some times call ya that :P not much though..

* ranicx hasnt been here enough to no any history realy.. :cry:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Johnny_Mac on 01-19-2004 at 02:26 PM

quote:
wdz (when he used msn messenger, actually that is another story, how WDZ would never give me his msn addy, until one day he cracked )
Of course I'd had it for ages but promised never to give it to you. :refuck:

quote:
Another thing, how johnny once spelt Chrono's name wrong (Chromo) and I have called him that ever since
That was because Chrono couldnt spell my name properly, so I deliberitly spelt his wrong... and it stuck. :rolleyes: :grin:
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Wabz on 01-19-2004 at 04:03 PM

quote:
wdz (when he used msn messenger, actually that is another story, how WDZ would never give me his msn addy, until one day he cracked )

Hehe I guessed WDZ's addie but lost it again when i was having a clear out he aint ever online anyways :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Johnny_Mac on 01-19-2004 at 04:05 PM

Well he obviously has 2, the one we all have he never goes on so its pointless even having it... His personal one is that, personal. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by WDZ on 01-19-2004 at 05:21 PM

:dodgy:

There's only 1 account I still use, the rest are old and I occasionally use them for testing. I just never use Messenger unless someone wants to have a private conversation with me, and requests that I come online. Otherwise it's just another useless program wasting my system resources. :p

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user2319 on 01-19-2004 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

There's only 1 account I still use, the rest are old and I occasionally use them for testing. I just never use Messenger unless someone wants to have a private conversation with me, and requests that I come online. Otherwise it's just another useless program wasting my system resources. :p

then wtf are you doing on this messenger plugin forum? :refuck:
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Muss on 01-20-2004 at 08:38 AM

He is the FORUM admin, not a Msgplus admin :P

He doesn't need to use the program to be an admin here

Well, that is a BS story he feed me oneday when I asked the same thing :D

Peopel want me to change my name back :/ I told WDZ I wouldn't :refuck:

Well, if he reads this, and wants to, he can change it back, but, if he doesn't no big deal :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Wabz on 01-20-2004 at 12:05 PM

quote:
quote:

Peopel want me to change my name back :/ I told WDZ I wouldn't :refuck:

Well, if he reads this, and wants to, he can change it back, but, if he doesn't no big deal :P

Yeah change your name back!! No one even noticed that my name changed :rolleyes:

I had WDZ email ages ago and it was sorta wierd he'd come online to speak to someone and then disapeer for weeks at a time

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user2319 on 01-20-2004 at 01:46 PM

quote:

Ah well.. if WinXP wouldn't have f#cked up GRUB, I'd be using a-msn now :refuck: (and still be on these forums)
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by dotNorma on 01-20-2004 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
I thought that was me :cry:

well, whatever :refuck:
WTF :P Im a year younger than you , I WIN!
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 01-21-2004 at 12:44 AM

quote:
That was because Chrono couldnt spell my name properly, so I deliberitly spelt his wrong... and it stuck.   
hehe jhonny :P (:refuck:)

quote:
Well, if he reads this, and wants to, he can change it back, but, if he doesn't no big deal 
* Chrono will PM wdz if he doesnt :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user2319 on 01-29-2004 at 03:50 PM

He's still Jefluty, Chromo.. you should pm jhonnie

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by AustinM1983 on 01-30-2004 at 05:50 AM

HMMMMMMMM fantastic storey chrono....(Y)
i had no idea on the history of the forum and it was great to read....

well lets see i was rather late to computers, late to the internet, and late to messenger, and thus i didn't end up joining the forum till after the messenger 6 stuff.

i started using mess.be for emotions and thats where i saw the link to the forum and one day i joined in.
ive always found it to be a great resource and after M$ chat died i started to participate more and more.
It is a credit to you all how good this forum really is and how welcome it makes people feel.....

so well i guess all thats left to say is keep up the good work (Y):D

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 01-30-2004 at 06:11 AM

wdz wont change his nick until jehuty asks for it PlusFan (aka Messenger_Plus!_Addon_Fan :refuck:)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user2319 on 01-30-2004 at 03:56 PM

It was MAF! :tongue: (Well, that's how Gis called me :refuck: Maf is dutch for weird :tongue: )

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by frog on 01-30-2004 at 08:45 PM

quote:

I just can add that now we have lots of spammers and its quiet annoying (Yeah, Im talking about u Tochjo and jackass_wanabe :P).

you didnt mention meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *hmpf* i should be after jackass :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Johnny_Mac on 02-04-2004 at 07:26 PM

"I connect just weekends and wednesdays..." - André

Can't believe I still laugh at that. :rolleyes: :tongue:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 02-04-2004 at 07:57 PM

quote:
"I connect just weekends and wednesdays..." - André

Can't believe I still laugh at that.   
:$
:lol: couldnt u just forget about it? :$

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Johnny_Mac on 02-04-2004 at 08:51 PM

Uhmm... no, it should be the Community catch phrase or something. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user2319 on 02-05-2004 at 02:30 PM

what's with that quote? It looks like someone who isn't that good in English

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Johnny_Mac on 02-05-2004 at 02:37 PM

Back in the old days when chrono first joined the board they was a thread called "how offten are you online?" ..theres been many more since.

Chrono said: "I connect just weekends and wednesdays..."

Which people found funny. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user2319 on 02-05-2004 at 03:05 PM

just because he forgot "on"? :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Johnny_Mac on 02-05-2004 at 03:10 PM

What is this, time to kill the joke?

It was how it was interrupted from Spanish to English, and the fact we knew chrono was trying really hard with his english. :rolleyes:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 02-05-2004 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Which people found funny. 

indeed :P
quote:
, and the fact we knew chrono was trying really hard with his english.
yep, i was trying really hard.. i dunno why did i join the forums in the first place if i couldnt speak english :P
+
Now johnny stop being so mean and keep the thread on topic

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by WDZ on 02-05-2004 at 09:47 PM

quote:
What is this, time to kill the joke?

It was how it was interrupted from Spanish to English, and the fact we knew chrono was trying really hard with his english. :rolleyes:
Huh? I don't see any Spanish... :P

I thought it was funny because it's just a weird schedule... :p
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Muss on 02-16-2004 at 11:25 AM

And I never found it funny, but always wondered why Johnny thought it was funny :refuck:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user2319 on 02-16-2004 at 05:38 PM

hello, Muss

WDZ: he means that it's translated FROM Spanish.. not that the post was Spanish :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by kao on 03-27-2004 at 06:47 AM

tbh reading that made me remember when i first came here i hated Chrono for deleting some of my posts :lol:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by BooGhost on 04-01-2004 at 01:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
i hated Chrono for deleting some of my posts
i never hated anybody

but Chrono hated me (i hope he stopped :P)

but i must admit that the perception i had of LOT of ppl has changed a LOT :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 04-01-2004 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
tbh reading that made me remember when i first came here i hated Chrono for deleting some of my posts 
lots of people hate me cause i delete their posts :( :lol:
quote:
but Chrono hated me (i hope he stopped )
i never hated u :P
i just wanted u to stop spamming :dodgy:
quote:
but i must admit that the perception i had of LOT of ppl has changed a LOT 
Same here...

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Dane on 04-01-2004 at 04:18 AM

BTW, Chrono, Great job on the history.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Dane on 08-25-2004 at 12:47 PM

RAWR, Update this thread ;P.  its now several months outta date, surely theres a crapload more to add, Chrono :).  no more optical problems?

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by reisyboy on 08-25-2004 at 04:02 PM

WOW memories :cry: lol :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 08-25-2004 at 08:35 PM

ok ill update the damn thing, as many of u seem to care :dodgy:
ill fix the big bunch of spelling mistakes too :grin:

Now, stop spamming my little thread :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by surfichris on 08-25-2004 at 11:12 PM

Blah, you still missed out some stuff in the beginning.. I was thinking of adding it but will leave it up to you :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by reisyboy on 09-01-2004 at 06:41 AM

Go on Chris :'( tell us!

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 09-01-2004 at 08:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Blah, you still missed out some stuff in the beginning.. I was thinking of adding it but will leave it up to you 
dont mess with my thread :dodgy:
but u could add it in a separate post u know :banana:

btw, i have been VERY busy lately thats why i havent updated it yet... i will sometime SOON (probably this weekend :P)

Go Surfi! :banana:
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Concord Dawn on 09-01-2004 at 01:09 PM

Wow......long thread Chrono. I haven't been here very long, less than a year in fact, but I do remember some of the things you said in your post, such as the :dodgy: server load errors (Who can forget those?) I came here because one of my friends told me about Plus!, so I searched it on the web and found Msgplus.net. I downloaded Plus! 2.6 or something. Then I found the forums link on the page and registered thinking it would be a cool site to hang around. But my one favourite moment is when I spammed in every thread in the first page and a half of the Latest Posts page. :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 09-17-2004 at 05:32 AM

"Too Many Images
We're sorry, but we can't process your post because it contains 76 images. Please remove 66 images to continue. "

:lol:

Anyway, thread updated!! (finally :chrongue:). thx to surfi for updating it for me (with a lot of trouble it seems :lol:).
Special thx to Cookie who helped me A LOT to remember the latest stuff. :bow: @ Cookie.

last but not least, if u remember anything from the latest months (may-sept 2004) please post and help me, i cant remember anything :undecided:

btw i didnt just write stuff at the bottom, but i added some stuff at the middle of the post too... sorry :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by surfichris on 09-17-2004 at 05:39 AM

Blah. I keep forgetting to write the "beginning of the beginning" of the old new forums.. the move from XSO to here.. Lots of stuff that even Chrono doesn't know :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 09-17-2004 at 05:43 AM

quote:
Blah. I keep forgetting to write the "beginning of the beginning" of the old new forums.. the move from XSO to here.. Lots of stuff that even Chrono doesn't know 
well rwite it now! :cheesy::cheesy:
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by surfichris on 09-17-2004 at 12:02 PM

There Chrono.. I added a bit to it.. and i fixed some of your spelling and grammer errors.. the rest can wait :-/

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Tochjo on 09-17-2004 at 07:37 PM

quote:
thx to everyone who read the whole stuff. You must have been really bored
:cheesy:
quote:
I guess no one will read all this shit, this might be the longest post ever in the board
I read all of it :p
So, 90 posts and I'm the first to notice that the link http://plugins.mybboard.com is incorrect? :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 09-17-2004 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
http://plugins.mybboard.com
lmao
* Chrono slaps Chrono around a bit with a large trout.
plugins.msgplus.net ... my bad :$. BUT! i added it yesterday, so the 90 posts dont count :P

quote:
There Chrono.. I added a bit to it
(Y)
quote:
i fixed some of your spelling and grammer errors..
(Y)(Y)
quote:
the rest can wait 
Blah! do it soon :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Fraisie on 01-17-2005 at 03:44 PM

This thread needs an update.... Chrono ? (A)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by fluffy_lobster on 01-17-2005 at 03:48 PM

quote:
i fixed some of your spelling and grammer errors
:rofl:

Sorry to be pedantic but it's "grammar errors" ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user27089 on 01-17-2005 at 04:19 PM

Thats a great story lol... its pretty insane imo ;)... but, you know what I'm like ;)

I joined because I was influenced by 'Jackass_wanabe' as he used to be called... the now renowned 'stigmata' of the mess.be forums...

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by John Anderton on 01-17-2005 at 04:50 PM

Oh stigmata had a good name. Dunno why he changed it :lol:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user27089 on 01-17-2005 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Oh stigmata had a good name. Dunno why he changed it :lol:

Because he realised that the name was actually quite amusing and people would mocking him from all over, thats all I know and I think thats what happened, but I'm not sure, but one of the reasons was probly because he watched the film stigmata and found it cool... not sure... He should've kept it, I prefer jackass wanabe to stigmata... not sure why, stigmata seems to gothic to what he actually is, he's nothing like what he's portrayed as in his sig/avatar, because they're all gothic and stuff, he's actually quite different... :|
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by _Humphreys on 01-17-2005 at 05:02 PM

* _Humphreys wonders how long you have to be here to get a bit of story with you mentioned in it. :P

Joke

That's the second time I have read that Chorno and it was even better than the first greatly written. :) Are you fully better now (Chrono) ...? Although your blind period was ages ago I am just wondering. :) It was very upsetting that Plus! might of died before a mention of Plus! 2 and your blindness. :'( By the way I have been a Plus! fan since the early days (Extension) and although I didn't post much a couple of months back I have actually been her since Nov '03.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Anubis on 01-17-2005 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Rebelsean (now known as Sean) has the big record: he has been banned +-9 times!! I dunno how many times tbh, but he has the record lol :lol:. Hopefully he changed too and isn’t arguing with toddy at least :P.

Whoa, this thing does need updating :p and spookily that was exactly what the final ban was for...

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
By the way I have been a Plus! fan since the early days
No you havent...Your first version was when version 2 had been out for a while, I know, I sent it to you...
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by dotNorma on 01-18-2005 at 04:14 AM

If Wacky got a name update in parenthisis , Its only fair that I do too. :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user35870 on 01-18-2005 at 05:19 PM

the first msgplus!  i used was when "display contacts on desktop" feature was added :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Stigmata on 01-18-2005 at 06:21 PM

:cry:
:P

* Stigmata misses kb :(

she was always nice to me even when i was flamed for spamming :)
* Stigmata looks in the direction of chromo and j_mac

i see you mentioned about the source sharing..my god, i remember i informed the plus forums of what was happening with that... and as usual lots and lot of people got all defencive and started complaining...

msgplus email :o how they were down for ages.. SonicBoom? i remember i found it very very funny how booghost got patchou@msgplus.net and how  he registered a .net passport with it, and the amount of annoymous people who added him cus they thought it was patchou.

frog :D you cant be the jackass :D bob

plus babe : http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18932

yeh i changed my nick to stigmata cus of the movie :P and i got mocked cus i spelt wannabe with 1 n :(

hmm some stuff that wasnt mentioned....
batchou :)
troubles with DJMystic
johnny_mac's test user
friaise randomly turning into PiratesOfTheCaribbean     

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Snake on 01-18-2005 at 10:46 PM

I'v had :plus2: since I think like 1. something a rather i don't remmber... the only thing i didn't do is post on the boards i just injoyed the program! :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by aNILEator on 01-18-2005 at 11:24 PM

i started using plus when version 2.0014 (i think that was it :S) came out i've been hooked since :D

oh and you forgot possibly the most important thing to ever happen on this board ever!!!

29.10.03 - Fukafly Registers on the msgplus forums

:P don't knock it i contribute 0.71% of all the posts here!!!! :lol:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Concord Dawn on 01-19-2005 at 02:11 AM

Heeheehee, all those great memories of IRC.

I started using Plus! verion 2.10.  :)

Changing my name from chaosgrenade to this.

Getting the last post on every thread in the latest posts page :D

God I was so spammy back then....

And still am....

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Stigmata on 01-19-2005 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield

Getting the last post on every thread in the latest posts page

:) ive done that. also on every forum... so on the main page all u saw was last post by jackass_wanabe
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by saralk on 01-19-2005 at 06:53 PM

i first got plus cos me and a friend used to play games together all the time, and we needed to know each other's IPs, it was version 1.4x i think.

Remember when the proper website used a Frontpage Template?

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 01-19-2005 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
This thread needs an update.... Chrono ? 
no it doesnt... |-)

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Are you fully better now (Chrono) ...? Although your blind period was ages ago I am just wondering.
no im not 'fully' better, my sight sucks :P Blah. the worse thing is that i dunno if it will happen again, because i didnt tell you about the third time it happened, last year 8-)

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Whoa, this thing does need updating
omg :| i need to change that part :P

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
If Wacky got a name update in parenthisis , Its only fair that I do too. 
sorry but wacky pwns you :lol:

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
* Stigmata misses kb 
:dodgy:!

quote:
* Stigmata looks in the direction of chromo and j_mac
Even more dodgy =P

quote:
troubles with DJMystic
you sure i didnt mention that? :O

i might add something about it =P
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user27089 on 01-19-2005 at 08:54 PM

I don't mind... but I don't think I'm mentioned in there... its okay though, because if I was, then I'd probably be one of the trouble makers that was constantly spamming and so on and so forth...

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 01-19-2005 at 09:05 PM

you are right :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Omar on 01-20-2005 at 06:39 AM

Lazy Chrono....

There's no mention of the spanish forums... :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by _Humphreys on 01-20-2005 at 08:17 AM

quote:
no im not 'fully' better, my sight sucks :P Blah. the worse thing is that i dunno if it will happen again, because i didnt tell you about the third time it happened, last year 8-)

I hope you get fully better soon Chrono. (Y)

Also you want to mention people like Sunshine and traxor.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by matty on 01-20-2005 at 08:31 AM

And no mention of me :O!

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Menthix on 01-20-2005 at 03:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Omar
There's no mention of the spanish forums...
...and the Dutch ones :p:P.
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Stigmata on 04-20-2005 at 05:43 PM

Well a update from me

after september, it was really quiet...

i remember on christmas eve, loads of people on the irc channel counting down...

batchou made another imfamous appearence, and many new people arrived and didnt know who the hell he was..
After much time and commitment (about half and hour :rolleyes:) me and batchou released messenger plus...
(all it did was add the blus menu into messenger :) )

reisyboy, bach_m, booghost, Markus, bra1nwash, musicalmidget just some names of big members of this community that have sadley stopped posting..

(section where i have stopped posting due to geh stupid members)

patch dissapeared again and he came back with news of version 3, and some news features that would *blow us away*. i remember the number of spelling/grammer/typo's in his post :lol:

Sunshine and others were made elietes due to there amazing work on the forums and on irc :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Discrate on 12-08-2005 at 05:38 AM

chrono could you do an updated history of msgplus please :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 12-08-2005 at 05:49 AM

Bah |-)

i might update it soon :P. it's not that easy to remember the relevant stuff, you know :P. i might ask for cookie's help again :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Stigmata on 05-18-2006 at 06:29 AM

bump?

Updating time :)?

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 05-18-2006 at 06:45 AM

Blaaaaah :dodgy:

Make a list of important events and i'll do the writing :P Anyone can help :). I just dont remember everything of course, and i was kinda away at some points :P.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by user27089 on 05-18-2006 at 06:52 AM

I think there's been a lot of news since then to be honest Chrono :p.

Like people leaving and stuff :o.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 05-18-2006 at 06:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I think there's been a lot of news since then to be honest Chrono :p.

Like people leaving and stuff :o.
thanks captain obvious, now start making that list of events! :P Once the list is good enough, i'll do the |-) writing |-). A good idea'd be that you or someone else posts a list so then others can complement it :)

Dates'd be appreciated ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by doughboyy on 05-18-2006 at 07:00 AM

pst, talk about IRC :P and your days on the shitter :P and me though many of the new members and new IRC people wont know me :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 05-18-2006 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by doughboyy
, talk about IRC  and your days on the shitter  and me though many of the new members and new IRC people wont know me 
lol, th3 farmer! :cheesy:
heh

Forums != IRC, so no, that wont be happening :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by doughboyy on 05-18-2006 at 07:06 AM

why not talk about the attacks on the IRC network :( or anything else that involved IRC including the huge topic about #banana and an offical chat channel :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 05-18-2006 at 07:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by doughboyy
why not talk about the attacks on the IRC network :( or anything else that involved IRC including the huge topic about #banana and an offical chat channel :P
blah, someone else can create a #msgplus_irc_history channel or something and put all the info there :P. I'm too lazy to update the thread about the forums already :P Do you really think that i'd add some kind of IRC section to it? :p
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by doughboyy on 05-18-2006 at 07:21 AM

meh, good point. when i was around, you barely visited.. i wonder why :dodgy: but meh, you can bite me :P and you can still talk about the decussion to change #banana because it was on the forums :P and yea.. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by jacker60 on 06-28-2006 at 08:36 AM

Wow very interesting the messenger plus forums history (...) 8-) jejeje i have messenger plus since mmm *-) forever :D but i was a kid :'( I have only 17 years and now i'm studiyng so i can't be helpful, but one day I will be someone in this forums (6), meanwhile I have to study english (that's sad :(), mmm ok no one matter this problem :$ so I have to shut up!!!! :-# jejeje, bye

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by John Anderton on 06-28-2006 at 08:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jacker60
Wow very interesting the messenger plus forums history (...) 8-) jejeje i have messenger plus since mmm *-) forever :D but i was a kid :'( I have only 17 years and now i'm studiyng so i can't be helpful, but one day I will be someone in this forums (6), meanwhile I have to study english (that's sad :(), mmm ok no one matter this problem :$ so I have to shut up!!!! :-# jejeje, bye
Most members here are about 12-13 years :P
If im not mistaken the average age on the forums is around 17-19 years :P

Chrono: get off your ass and update this post will you :sad: Or atleast take up on my offer to write the continuiation that you'll have to moderate later :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by John Anderton on 06-28-2006 at 08:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Most members here are about 12-13 years :P
Im the youngest i guess :undecided: :(:)
A) No you are not. There have been members who have been 9 years old as well
B) This isnt a chat thread :( Dont offtopic spam the thread :sad:
history by giac jr on 07-09-2006 at 09:52 AM

...Woah..That took 10 mins to read. Nice history, though. (H)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by riahc4 on 08-10-2006 at 11:42 PM

I've also been here since the start of the forums; Of course I didnt know any of the background story but I was here when it all came together.

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Stigmata on 08-10-2006 at 11:48 PM

2004?

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 08-10-2006 at 11:52 PM

shush, i asked for help to remember important dates and stuff and no one has helped yet. :P

quote:
2004?
quote:

Male Spamming Award® 2004
8-)
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by prashker on 08-10-2006 at 11:55 PM

Update it :sad:

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Stigmata on 08-10-2006 at 11:59 PM

no one remembers dates, but if you back two pages i gave a good few events

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by cloudhunter on 08-10-2006 at 11:59 PM

Very nice history, took about 10 minutes, I never knew it was so colourfull :P

It could do with an update ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Kenji on 08-11-2006 at 03:12 AM

My eyes hurt :(

must have took chrono ages to type up... :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by dylan! on 08-11-2006 at 03:31 AM

I didn't read it all:P only like half:| worlds longest post.... my eyes started to hurt to much reading all that, I almost cried when I read about your "illness" and all the support u got :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Eddie on 08-11-2006 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
I didn't read it all:P only like half:| worlds longest post.... my eyes started to hurt to much reading all that, I almost cried when I read about your "illness" and all the support u got :D
:lol: i read it all :D but i was extremely bored at the time :D
RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Kenji on 08-11-2006 at 10:39 AM

I read it al at 3am and realised how old it was when i finished :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Community forums history by Chrono on 08-12-2006 at 01:18 AM

See? people wont even read it completely 8-)

*lazy* :D

Edited: Thread closed to prever future bumps :P
i WILL update it at some point, trust me :P.

Updated: will update on 2007 :P
Updated: 2007... yeah 8-)