Shoutbox

how to sign in on appear offline? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: how to sign in on appear offline? (/showthread.php?tid=20188)

how to sign in on appear offline? by krink on 01-06-2004 at 08:24 PM

is ther anyway to sign in to MSN on Appear offline status?
10x for ur help

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by leito on 01-06-2004 at 08:26 PM

JnrzLoader, www.mess.be

RE: how to sign in and appearing offline? by CookieRevised on 01-07-2004 at 10:02 AM

Do a basic search on these forums and you'll find tons of information....

If you want to appear "offline" when you sign in into Messenger you can use one of the following things:

A Proxy

With MSN Proxy you can select your initial status when signing in (offline, away, etc...)

Plus! is not needed for this to work.
More info and download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/msnproxy
MSN Proxy forums: http://msnproxy.sourceforge.net/forums/

(Does not work in MSN Messenger 7.x)

An Addon

Messenger Discovery is an addon for MSN Messenger which let you do lots of stuff (although it has been reported to be very buggy). One of the things is to sign in with any status, thus including "appear offline".

It functions as a proxy between MSN Messenger and the internet, thus it works in a similar way as MSN Proxy.

More info and download: http://www.messengerdiscovery.com/

A Plus! Plugin

DJMystic created a plugin for Messenger Plus! called StatusSaver.
It saves whatever status you're in. So, whenever you restart messenger your online status is changed in an instant to the saved one; Your contacts will still see you coming online, but in a flash your status is changed to your last used status (from when you signed out).

If you want it to startup with the same status each time regardless of how you left it the last time then make the file "Oldstatus.dat", which you'll find in your plugins-folder, read-only after you've changed to the status of your choice.

It needs Messenger Plus! to work.
You can download it here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?tid=20188&pid=187701.
(simply put the dll into your plugins folder)

A Loader (personal recommendation !!!)

Jnrz7 created a loader called JnrzLoader.
It is a memory patcher/editor for MSN Messenger. It will load MSN Messenger into memory and will modify some of its internal commands by changing some bytes inside its memory space, then it will quit itself. With it you can open as many MSN Messenger's instances as you like (polygamy) and you will be signed in with the "Appear Offline" status also.

So, it just loads MSN Messenger and then quits itself, so there won't be an extra program running if you use this.

Plus! is not needed for the loader to work.
More Info and download: http://www.jnrzsystems.tk/
(make sure you download the correct version for your MSN Messenger!!!)

Note: If the websites is down, you can find the Universal JnrzLoader also on http://www.mess.be/. More specifically here: Universal JnrzLoader (for MSN Messenger 6.2.0205 and up)

A Patch

Nega Patch is one of the patches which will alter your MSN Messenger executable file so that it signs in "Appear Offline". If you wanna use this you must be 100% sure that you have the correct patch for the correct MSN Messenger version. Even then, if your Messenger is skinned it is possible that the patch will screw up your Messenger.

But beware: The method used by Nega Patch can be called "dodgy" as it swaps the online and offline status physically. Although it works (almost) fine if you don't use any other addon/plugin, this can *beep* up the process of other addons/plugins. And for this same reason, it is also strongly recommended that you disable the idle timeout function of Messenger itself, otherwise Nega Patch will cause Messenger to close all active windows and switch you to appear offline when you return from being idle....

More Info and download: http://msn.d1f.org/index.html
(always make a backup of your MSN Messenger before applying any patch)

Update: The Nega patch website has been closed as the creator believes it is of no use anymore since msn messenger 7 has the option to sign in with "appear offline". Yet, he forgets that still many people use msn messenger 6.2 these days :rolleyes: I personally wouldn't recommend the patch anyways (for above reasons) but if you still want it, you probably can find it on http://www.mess.be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: the programs described above have also some other features, if you want to know more, follow the links...

Note: in MSN Messenger 7.x this feature will be build in. You will be able to choose your signin status. Although, when you're signing in automatically, you still will be signed in 'online'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by krink on 01-07-2004 at 09:12 PM

10x for ur help, your info are very usefull

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by BooGhost on 01-08-2004 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
A Proxy

With MSN Proxy you can select your initial status when signing in (offline, away, etc...)
that's the best one i think :P
RE: RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Underlord on 01-12-2004 at 05:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
quote:
A Proxy

that's the best one i think :P

Yea i agree, after testing it just now.. it is very reliable, does not change messenger in any way (except that it is acting through a proxy, of course) and it supports plugins :)
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by CookieRevised on 01-12-2004 at 05:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
Yea i agree, after testing it just now.. it is very reliable, does not change plus in any way (except that it is acting through a proxy, of course) and it supports plugins :)

Others do not change Plus! either...
Others support 'plugins' as well... (if you mean compatible with plus! plugins)

The only advantage above the others is you connect thru a proxy...
A big disadvantage (in my eyes) is that it is yet another app that is running in the background; the others are not extra programs you need to keep running in order to let it work...
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by dweber5 on 02-03-2004 at 11:48 PM

Hi, this plugin works great for me but it doesn't appear to remember the personalized statuses.  Is there something I need to do for it to remember those?

Derek

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Tochjo on 02-04-2004 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dweber5
Hi, this plugin works great for me but it doesn't appear to remember the personalized statuses.  Is there something I need to do for it to remember those?
There is a registry setting named ResetNameTag that you can use to let Plus! remember your Personalised Setting. The path to it is HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences,
value name is ResetNameTag, type is dword and the default value is 1 (which means the tag will be removed after signing in and out).

If you wish to keep the Personalised Status, you should change the 1 to 0. If you don't know much about the registry, I advise you to use Choli's Tweak!. More information about this program, that can configure the 'hidden' registry settings, can be found at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=17225.
RE: RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by ~*Jparto*~ on 02-04-2004 at 03:20 PM

quote:

If you want it to startup with the same status each time regardless of how you left it the last time, make the file "Oldstatus.dat" read-only in your plugins-folder.

(always make a backup of your MSN Messenger before applying any patch)

First question: how do you make "oldstatus.dat read-only?

Second: How do you make a backup of MSN Messenger (or anything else for that matter)

Sorry! I have no idea!*-):P
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Tochjo on 02-04-2004 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~*Jparto*~
First question: how do you make "oldstatus.dat read-only?
You can make files read only in the Windows Explorer. Go to the file you wish to make read only (go to the plug-in folder), right click the file, choose Properties and check the box that says read-only.

quote:
Originally posted by ~*Jparto*~
Second: How do you make a backup of MSN Messenger (or anything else for that matter)
When you patch MSN Messenger, the only thing that happens is that the file msnmsgr.exe is being overwritten. I think CookieRevised means that you should copy msnmsgr.exe to another folder before you use any patch so you can restore it if the patch doesn't work as it should (or if you wish to undo it).
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by ~*Jparto*~ on 02-04-2004 at 03:49 PM

Ok, thanks!

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by bnevets27 on 05-05-2004 at 10:12 PM

it it possible for the auto msg to b saved 2?
also if u make it so it doesn't reset the costum tag, is there away 2 be able to rest when u come back online and change it manual to online ( i know u can go 2 optiond and delete the tag but if u have it cutting off some of ur nick, some of ur nick will b gone)

so like here:
u have a cutom tag as (i am away)
auto msg: i am away, i'll b back later
sign out.....
sign in.....
tag is still there ( i am away)
can u save the auto msg 2 come back so i'll have
auto msg: i am away, i'll b back later
and
then if i change my status to online the tag gets removed and restores my nick name

thanx

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by EvilSeph on 05-06-2004 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
Yea i agree, after testing it just now.. it is very reliable, does not change messenger in any way (except that it is acting through a proxy, of course) and it supports plugins :)

It technically *does* make MSN Messenger act through a proxy, but it does it by changing the MSN Messenger server that you connect to, not by editting your MSN Messenger connection settings.
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Vendetta on 07-02-2004 at 11:22 AM

the proxy thing works good i must say.. but i still like the JnrzLoader the most.
with the proxy thing you have 2 icons extra in your taskbar. i dont like that.  there are already too many icons up there :p

are there any bad things about the JnrzLoader we should know? (like how it could f*ck up your msn messenger like it did @ MSGPlusRox)

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Tochjo on 07-02-2004 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vendetta
are there any bad things about the JnrzLoader we should know? (like how it could f*ck up your msn messenger
No, JnrzLoader is completely harmless and does not install other stuff. If you do not wish to use it (anymore), just delete that single file, and that's it :)

quote:
it could f*ck up your msn messenger like it did @ MSGPlusRox
I don't understand that :-/
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by CookieRevised on 07-02-2004 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Are there any bad things about the JnrzLoader we should know? (like how it could f*ck up your msn messenger like it did @ MSGPlusRox)
Nope, nothing can happen to Messenger and/or Plus!. What MSGPlusRox did was using the wrong version of  JnrzLoader for his new update of Messenger.
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by RebelSean on 07-02-2004 at 02:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by krink
is ther anyway to sign in to MSN on Appear offline status?
10x for ur help

Try Project Lithium AKA Messenger Discovery..

http://www.huuf.net/prjlithium

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Protocol on 07-03-2004 at 07:52 AM

Does JnrzLoader work with Messenger Plus! and can you get MSN Messenger to Automatically run with JnrzLoader as you log onto Windows?

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 07-19-2004 at 09:14 PM

Yes Jnrzloader works with MSG Plus! and yes you can make it run at startup heres how:

1. Make sure you set the "Startup messenger on windows login"(Don't know if this is correct in english) to off then you can do 1 of the following

2. Make a shortcut to the JnrzLoader in the Startup Folder in your startmenu -> All Programs

Or if you know about the Registry you can do this:
  Go to "Run" in start menu, and type "Regedit" and press enter.
  Now navigate to *Look Below* and make a new String Value and call it whatever you want eg. "JrnzLoader" and put in this value: "C:\JrnzLoader\MSNLoader.exe"

Replace "C:\JrnzLoader\MSNLoader.exe" with the path and filename of the Loader

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
/\
|

Use this if you have multiple accounts on your computer and only wants to load JrnzLoader with your account

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
/\
|
Use this one if you have multiple accounts on your computer and want to apply the loader to all users

If you are a single user on you computer then it doesn't matter which one you choose.... :D:D:D....

Good luck....

Edit:

Hehe.. just noticed that the post I was responding to was 2 weeks old... but ok, now you have the info if you want... :D...

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by theUKdude on 07-23-2004 at 11:18 AM

Hi,

Is there anyway to add parameters to the Registry so that I can startup two instances of Messenger (using jnrzloader) and have them both automatically sign in to different accounts?

At the moment, if I start another instance of Messenger using jnrzloader the new instance signs into the account that is active in the first opened instance, resulting in being signed out in it.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

theUKdude

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Tochjo on 07-23-2004 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by theUKdude
have them both automatically sign in to different accounts?
That is not possible, sorry.

quote:
Originally posted by theUKdude
At the moment, if I start another instance of Messenger using jnrzloader the new instance signs into the account that is active in the first opened instance, resulting in being signed out in it.
After opening, right click the icon and choose to cancel the signing in, then choose Sign in as... and sign in with a different account :)
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by weirdal27 on 07-26-2004 at 04:39 AM

I just had a brilliant idea (well, not THAT brilliant)
What if someone made a plugin that, whenever you close msn, it auto-blocks everybody
then, when you sign back on everyone is blocked so they dont know you signed in
then the plugin, right when you sign back on, makes you appear offline then unblocks everyone who shouldent be

does that make sense? is it even possible?

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by CookieRevised on 07-26-2004 at 04:55 AM

it is possible, but doesn't make much sense :p ;)

A) without the blocking part, this is exactly what StatusSaver does...
B) JnrzLoader doesn't need to block people to sign in offline (NegaPatch neather, but that's a rather dodgy thing to use)
C) if you block everybody on your list, it can take a VERY long time (same with unblocking)
D) What about the people which were already blocked? (true, you could make it that the plugin skip those, but blocking your entire contactlist is rather a dodgy way anyway...)
E) There are much much better ways.... (see my list in my earlier post)

It would be like walking to the busstation to catch a bus and to go to your neighbours house, while you could simply step outside and walk nextdoor... Both ways will get you there, but the first is a bit (well... very) dodgy :p

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Protocol on 12-07-2004 at 03:02 AM

So what is the best option to sign-in offline with MSN Messenger 7.0 now that MSNProxy is broken? :S

RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by CookieRevised on 12-07-2004 at 03:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Protocol
So what is the best option to sign-in offline with MSN Messenger 7.0 now that MSNProxy is broken? :S
still JnrzLoader...

(StatusSaver also still works...)
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by gnownoskcid on 12-07-2004 at 03:22 AM

i'm not following, i thought msn messenger 7.0 can sign in offline by itself, why need MSNproxy or JnrzLoader?

RE: RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Protocol on 12-07-2004 at 03:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
i'm not following, i thought msn messenger 7.0 can sign in offline by itself, why need MSNproxy or JnrzLoader?

Not if you auto-login. *-)
quote:
quote:
still JnrzLoader...

(StatusSaver also still works...)

Yes. But StatusSaver briefly goes online before changing to offline status.
Also. Is there a version of JnrzLoader that works with 7.0?
Well. In answer to my own question. There is no JnrzLoader available for 7.0. And anyway, it doesn’t sign in automatically.
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by CookieRevised on 12-08-2004 at 02:25 PM

quote:
Well. In answer to my own question. There is no JnrzLoader available for 7.0.
yes there is, use the universal JnrzLoader version...

quote:
And anyway, it doesn’t sign in automatically.
It never did that, that's not the purpose of all those "sign in appear offline"-tools. If you want to sign in automatically then set that option in MSN Messenger...

PS: and stop double/triple posting. If you want to answer your own question then edit your previous post ;) double posting is against the forum rules...
RE: RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Protocol on 12-08-2004 at 11:57 PM

quote:
quote:
Well. In answer to my own question. There is no JnrzLoader available for 7.0.
yes there is, use the universal JnrzLoader version...

quote:
And anyway, it doesn’t sign in automatically.
It never did that, that's not the purpose of all those "sign in appear offline"-tools. If you want to sign in automatically then set that option in MSN Messenger...

Yes. Others do allow this. But the point I am making is that JnrzLoader doesn’t allow you to sign in automatically and offline. Others methods do. e.g. MSNProxy, StatusSaver. But with JnrzLoader , if you choose to sign in automatically, JnrzLoader is not loaded.
RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by CookieRevised on 12-09-2004 at 08:23 AM

quote:
Yes. Others do allow this. But the point I am making is that JnrzLoader doesn’t allow you to sign in automatically and offline. Others methods do. e.g. MSNProxy, StatusSaver. But with JnrzLoader , if you choose to sign in automatically, JnrzLoader is not loaded.
No they don't. (not sure about proxy though) The automatically signing in is done my MSN Messenger itself by setting the option to sign in automatically, not by the tools. This is NOT done by the tools and NOT the purpose of these tools...

Jnrzloader starts msn messenger itself (hence it is a "loader") and patches it so it uses the offline status as the default one. Thus, once the patching is done, it is not needed anymore and will quit itself.

Statussaver is a plugin, again, this is only loaded when MSN Messenger starts up (with Messenger Plus!). It changes the status to the previous used status when you sign in (automatically or not).

Follow the links given in my list posting in this thread to read how you use those tools and what they do.
RE: RE: how to sign in on appear offline? by Protocol on 12-09-2004 at 09:08 AM

quote:
quote:
No they don't. (not sure about proxy though) The automatically signing in is done my MSN Messenger itself by setting the option to sign in automatically, not by the tools. This is NOT done by the tools and NOT the purpose of these tools...

Jnrzloader starts msn messenger itself (hence it is a "loader") and patches it so it uses the offline status as the default one. Thus, once the patching is done, it is not needed anymore and will quit itself.

Statussaver is a plugin, again, this is only loaded when MSN Messenger starts up (with Messenger Plus!). It changes the status to the previous used status when you sign in (automatically or not).

Follow the links given in my list posting in this thread to read how you use those tools and what they do.

Forget about it lol... Maybe my English is not good enough... *-)