Shoutbox

msgplus! LITE - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: msgplus! LITE (/showthread.php?tid=22927)

msgplus! LITE by crank on 03-22-2004 at 08:53 PM

I don't know it's already tought about but why don't create a msgplus! LITE version. Just with some basic functions like multiformat text and text commands.

I just had the tought you know.

RE: msgplus! LITE by .blade// on 03-22-2004 at 08:57 PM

Why? I mean generally LITE version are for software loaded with ad/apyware (like Kazaa). I mean MsgPlus is only about 2.5 Mb...how much smaller would you want to make it? :P

RE: msgplus! LITE by saralk on 03-22-2004 at 10:02 PM

it was suggested, by me.

I said that they make a version that is only a few hundred kbs big, and has compatibility for colour codes and text commands

it was rejected

RE: msgplus! LITE by dotNorma on 03-22-2004 at 10:44 PM

It was rejected for a reason. I dont see why we need a Lite version of plus!. Its no more than 3MB! And an adware free version? Well first since there already isnt any adware than what good would that do us? :tounge: Besides who wouldnt want all of patchou's great features :P

RE: msgplus! LITE by Guido on 03-22-2004 at 11:22 PM

A separate version (lite, without multi-language, without graphics, whatever) won't be created because the time to be spent in every update to create different versions of the software and the time debugging each of these is much more than what people will benefit from having a smaller version of Plus.

I mean, it's not big or anything :-/

RE: msgplus! LITE by Patchou on 03-23-2004 at 03:52 AM

In case you would be wondering, the sponsor's setup only uses 4KBs (it downloads its files on the web). I don't have anythign to add, a lite version is out of the question, 3MB never killed anybody and in fact, I don't know much software these days that are so small :p.

RE: msgplus! LITE by .blade// on 03-23-2004 at 04:52 AM

Well it's small bcz there are like no forms/images in it :P I mean it has no 3D junk, it has a few audio files, and it has no big image files :P

RE: msgplus! LITE by Wabz on 03-23-2004 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
3MB never killed anybody

Cough 56K modem Dedicated Plus! user

Seeing the waiting killing me :P

3MB aint bad infact it's pretty good Messengers 7MB and Plus! is very thourgh
RE: msgplus! LITE by crank on 03-23-2004 at 06:49 PM

You should know that some people don't need plus! to be visible or just don't want to know it is on their pc. They only want to be able to see the plus! commands others send but don't need them theirselves.

Just one of my contacts told me he didn't want plus! but he told me that  it was pretty annnoying to get messeges full of code.

But I think I'd better :-#

RE: msgplus! LITE by Anubis on 03-23-2004 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by çr@nK
You should know that some people don't need plus! to be visible or just don't want to know it is on their pc.
There's no shame in using Messenger Plus!...I mean do you see Plus! pride marches on TV? But I see your point how some people may only want the iRC commands for messenger plus! But only a few people would need it and I mean a tiny minority
RE: msgplus! LITE by crank on 03-23-2004 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by anubis_kree_
But only a few people would need it and I mean a tiny minority
Yeah, you're probably right over there. But not much is still more then none!
RE: msgplus! LITE by Anubis on 03-23-2004 at 07:09 PM

There's more pressing matters for Patchou to add like new features

RE: msgplus! LITE by user27089 on 03-23-2004 at 07:23 PM

It is pointless to make a msgplus! LITE, it'd make patchou have to work harder on something else! He already works hard nuff for us in the first place, for wat? nuthin much, so we should just lay off and respect that hes made msgplus in the first place :-/

RE: RE: msgplus! LITE by crank on 03-23-2004 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
It is pointless to make a msgplus! LITE, it'd make patchou have to work harder on something else!

If I didn't ask it I had avoided lot's of pointless dicusion!
I just posted somthing I tought about when one of my contacts told me about it.
RE: msgplus! LITE by Tochjo on 03-23-2004 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by çr@nK
I just posted somthing I tought about when one of my contacts told me about it.
And please keep doing that; it's what these forums are for :)
The odds of this happening are small, but not 0. I think only Patchou can give you an answer here :)