Shoutbox

Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool (/showthread.php?tid=25004)

Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by matty on 05-09-2004 at 02:20 PM

Coded by myself, here is a tool that will allow you to remove the plugin easily and uninstall the redistributable files if you are on Windows 98 or having problems with plugin.

[ Removed ]
PM Me if you want it

P.S. Sorry if its in the wrong place, I am in a rush to post this and I have to go.

RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by matty on 05-10-2004 at 12:52 AM

To all who previously downloaded the exe.

Please redownload it.

Updates

Will Close All Conversation Windows
Waits until MSN Messenger is closed.
Will restart MSN automatically

RE: RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by Martijn. on 05-10-2004 at 02:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
and besides, the version currently being distributed can uninstall itself :P (and has protection against non-XP/2000 users, and ink not being installed)

I still think it's usefull :), since some peopole I know installed the old one, and weren't able to get rid of it themselves (You can't open a convo window, when there's no Ink Redistributables, so even if you have 1.1, you can't use the unistall command:P), and this program does everything automaticly...

I'll send it to people who just don't understand how to uninstall munually:P
RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by matty on 05-10-2004 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Hmmmmz, read patchou's API readme...
You dont have to restart MSN to fuck around with plugins.

and besides, the version currently being distributed can uninstall itself :P (and has protection against non-XP/2000 users, and ink not being installed)

Actually if you do have hand writing enabled and it works but don't want it anymore you do need to shut down MSN in order for the dll to be removed.
RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by rarebit on 05-30-2004 at 02:36 PM

I am hoping you can help me with this problem I am having with my MSN. I am currently using MSN 6.2 and have also installed MSN plus 3 along with it. I then downloaded the file for handwriting with MSN from www.mess.be . I opened the downloaded files and installed "InkRedist" and then I installed "Installer". Nothing happened to my MSN so I decided to restart my computer. Now everytime I start my computer, my Internet Explorer will pop up directly to this page http://blasphemy.killercarrot.co.uk/error.php?a=InkRedist . Tell me, how to get rid of all the handwriting plugins because in this situation, I decide not to use the handwriting plugin yet as it seems quite complicated.

I look forward to your reply.

PS: It would be an excellent idea to have just one setup that will install the whole handwriting plugin or simply include it in MSN plus. =)

Thank you

PM please.

RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by Kryptonate on 05-30-2004 at 02:39 PM

If you search the forum, you'll find the thread you're looking for right underneath this thread ;)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276

RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by rarebit on 05-30-2004 at 03:19 PM

Thank ALOT!

RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by paperless on 05-31-2004 at 08:56 AM

Well.hum..:S whats the probe with handwritting plugin? i'm asking.. coz i use it..

RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by Tochjo on 05-31-2004 at 09:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PT_KiD
Well.hum..:S whats the probe with handwritting plugin? i'm asking.. coz i use it..
It does not work on Win98/ME, and just prevents you from opening any conversation window.
RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by matty on 05-31-2004 at 10:54 AM

Apparently there also was a problem with the removal tool but TB wouldn't say anymore hehehe. So i removed it.

RE: Handwriting Plugin Removal Tool by deepend on 06-09-2004 at 11:51 AM

the removal tool is fine for me i think :)