Shoutbox

Clickable links, in MSN Name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Clickable links, in MSN Name (/showthread.php?tid=25176)

Clickable links, in MSN Name by s7eph4n on 05-12-2004 at 05:22 PM

Does anyone know if there is an plugin available that when your put an website in your name, it is clickable

quote:
S7eph4n || http://www.msgplus.net  || says:
   I wish the link was clickable

Laterzz (dutch 4 See Ya)
RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by Anubis on 05-12-2004 at 05:49 PM

Nope. There is no plugin that can turn your name into a hyperlink...and if there was your contacts would need the plugin as well so it's not really useful...I doubt the .NET protocol would accept it...

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by CookieRevised on 05-12-2004 at 06:00 PM

Doesn't has anything todo with the MSN protocol though...
And the plugin would only be needed by the person who wants to click on the link*, because the plugin would only alter the way that names are shown, not sent. And this is not possible, not with a plugin, not with an addon, because the names are text-objects, so the plugin would have to change those text-objects into hyperlink-objects which isn't possible...

* So, if you set this as your name: "S7eph4n || http://www.msgplus.net  ||" and you wish the link was clickable, then you need to give your contacts the plugin. You don't use the plugin yourself (unless you want to be able to click it also of course)

EDIT: TB striked again :p (Y) But note that it isn't a plugin or addon, but an actual patch which will change your msn messenger!

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by Hidea on 05-12-2004 at 06:42 PM

how about no? that can be VERY annoying....

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by red3vil on 05-12-2004 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hidea

what about LEARNING, it starts with INTEREST why are you even complaining, what are you doing in a technical forum if you don't want to understand it *-) but whatever i'm spamming (again :-/ )

EDIT
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Doesn't has anything todo with the MSN protocol though...
And the plugin would only be needed by the person who wants to click on the link*, because the plugin would only alter the way that names are shown, not sent. And this is not possible, not with a plugin, not with an addon, because the names are text-objects, so the plugin would have to change those text-objects into hyperlink-objects which isn't possible...

what about the smiley's in it :-/ ??? they are shown in a conversation window? are those allso text-objects? they are in .bmp or whatever.
RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by Concord Dawn on 05-12-2004 at 09:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by red3vil
quote:
Originally posted by Hidea

what about LEARNING, it starts with INTEREST why are you even complaining, what are you doing in a technical forum if you don't want to understand it *-) but whatever i'm spamming (again :-/ )

Yes, you are. Although I shouldn't talk because I was banned for :spam:ing not too long ago. I think that this feature would be not very useful. If you really wanted, just set a quick text to whatever url your site is at.
RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by weirdal27 on 05-12-2004 at 10:10 PM

i actually thought of this today, you bet me to it ;)
i was thinking of a feature of plus! though, so if your contact had plus he could see the link

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by EvilSeph on 05-12-2004 at 10:33 PM

I know someone working on a patch for this, stay tuned.

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by xsRush on 05-13-2004 at 02:59 AM

Wouldn't it be just as easy to use the command tag (!N)
I know that it's not what your asking, but would work just as well.

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by CookieRevised on 05-13-2004 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by red3vil
what about the smiley's in it :-/ ??? they are shown in a conversation window? are those allso text-objects? they are in .bmp or whatever.
yes, true.... but my point was more that you can't change the object-type with a plugin... You must alter the way MSN Messenger works...

EDIT: And TB did it by patching MSN Messenger :D (so, no not a plugin, but actualy patching/changing Messenger)
RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by Dempsey on 05-13-2004 at 08:03 PM

Hi All, here it is :p

TheBlasphemer has done it again with another l33t patch.

For the lastest version of messenger only (6.2.0133)

have fun clicking the names  :)

Dempsey

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by BooGhost on 05-14-2004 at 05:03 AM

couldn't something like the [ url]  tags be done for Messenger with Plus! plugin or Plus! itself? :S

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by stooge on 05-14-2004 at 06:43 AM

good idea, blasphemer, only too bad that it's only for the latest version, is it possible to make a version that is compatible with al msn 6 versions? that would be great. whatever you decide, respect

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by SolidasRock on 08-12-2004 at 09:40 AM

that post is last written on 14-5-2004. i want know if there is now a way to make a url clickable in msn names?

i dont want use the patch because i dont want to push everybody to download that patch. i like to see that patch integrate in msn plus. so i can use this in my nickname by typing this way:

SolidasRock [u r l=http://www.msgplus.net]msgplus[/ u r l]

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
It's in StuffPlug-NG if I remember correctly, for all MSN 6.x versions

i dont want use the patch because i dont want to push everybody to download that patch. i like to see that patch integrate in msn plus.

but your answer looks like it is not integrated in msn plus after that whole time.....?(N) :(
RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SolidasRock
i dont want use the patch because i dont want to push everybody to download that patch. i like to see that patch integrate in msn plus.

but your answer looks like it is not integrated in msn plus after that whole time.....?(N) :(
It's "MsgPlus" not "MSN Plus"... MSN Plus is something entirly different made by Microsoft:
MSN Plus
Messenger Plus!

Anyways, to do that you must patch MSN Messenger, either on disk with a hard patch, or either in memory. Patching on disk with a hard patch is illegal and thus will never be included in Messenger Plus!. Patching in memory isn't so illegal (on going discussion if it is legal), but this is also something that will never be done by Messenger Plus!. So, in short, it will not be included because Messenger Plus! will never tamper with MSN Messenger in that way because that is equal to altering the internal code of Messenger...

quote:
It's in StuffPlug-NG, whats the problem ?
There is no problem... I replied to SolidasRock question why it isn't included in Plus! itself... *-)

And not everybody is happy to install patches (or even plugins for only 1 thing)...

quote:
quote:
It's in StuffPlug-NG if I remember correctly, for all MSN 6.x versions

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by Komm on 08-13-2004 at 02:17 PM

chek stuffplug-ng in makes the www.blah.com clickeable when it reads on ur chat window how ever it doesnt make click avaible on nick name bar

in toher words just in the text window

RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Komm
chek stuffplug-ng in makes the www.blah.com clickeable
this was already mentioned 3 or 4 times.... :dodgy: Do not repeat stuff please ;) (=considered spam)

RE: RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by SolidasRock on 08-15-2004 at 11:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

Anyways, to do that you must patch MSN Messenger, either on disk with a hard patch, or either in memory. Patching on disk with a hard patch is illegal and thus will never be included in Messenger Plus!. Patching in memory isn't so illegal (on going discussion if it is legal), but this is also something that will never be done by Messenger Plus!. So, in short, it will not be included because Messenger Plus! will never tamper with MSN Messenger in that way because that is equal to altering the internal code of Messenger...

you means i install the patch so everybody can click on it or everybody needs to install that patch to click on it? if it is the last what i am saying then it is a "no go" for me....
RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by MC Inferno on 08-15-2004 at 03:51 PM

The Patch doesnt work for me :S Keep Saying

"Could Not Open MSn, Are You Sure It Isn't Running?"

I've tried it running, not running, even walking (;)) but nope, not working. Is it because I'm using crystal MSN?

I am using MSN 6.2.0133 btw.

Edit: Never Mind, I've just relised that I can't use this because I have Custom Names enabled anyway :P

RE: RE: RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by Sunshine on 08-15-2004 at 09:18 PM

quote:
you means i install the patch so everybody can click on it or everybody needs to install that patch to click on it? if it is the last what i am saying then it is a "no go" for me....

The one wanting to be able to click the url needs the patch or Stuffplug NG (wich has lots of other neat features too), u don't need it to put url's in ur name.
RE: Clickable links, in MSN Name by CookieRevised on 08-22-2004 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
Is it because I'm using crystal MSN?
Possible... Skins can also alter the original offsets which needs to be patched...

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
Edit: Never Mind, I've just relised that I can't use this because I have Custom Names enabled anyway
Even if you have custom names enabled, the patch will still work. The patch doesn't interfair with custom names or vice versa. The patch alters the internal code of MSN Messenger so that it also changes URL's in names to clickable URLS just like it does in text...

But make sure that you use the correct version of the patch for your MSN Messenger; If you have a patch for 6.2.0133, then it will not wotk for 6.2.0137!