Shoutbox

Installation problem : rights on program file are not set properly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Installation problem : rights on program file are not set properly (/showthread.php?tid=25772)

Installation problem : rights on program file are not set properly by Pilou on 05-23-2004 at 02:20 PM

Hello,

I've experienced a quite annoying problem after the installation of Messenger plus 3! on my XP Pro...

To install Messenger Plus 3 !, I was under an administration account, everything worked just fine. Messenger plus was working perfectly. Then I logged off to a restricted user account (I never use the administrator account in normal times). And unfortunatley Messenger Plus did not launch. So I checked the permissions on the file located in the Messenger Plus 3 folder (under program files) and they had only read/execute permissions for the administrator ! Not for the restricted accounts !!!! (very strange, the messenger plus files should have taken the same permissions as the Program Files folder which give read and execute permissions to restricted user). So I changed the permissions to grant the restricted users the right to execute and read the messenger plus program files and everything worked fine...

RE: Installation problem : rights on program file are not set properly by Exyll on 05-23-2004 at 02:41 PM

I just wanted to report the same problem :)

My girlfriends had limited priviliges and Plus! did not start when she logged on. After checking the permissions I noticed the same priviliges as you.

RE: Installation problem : rights on program file are not set properly by Choli on 05-23-2004 at 03:23 PM

let's continue talking in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25747

RE: Installation problem : rights on program file are not set properly by Pilou on 05-23-2004 at 03:35 PM

ok