Shoutbox

Suggestion: File transfers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: File transfers (/showthread.php?tid=26913)

Suggestion: File transfers by DynamiteDane on 06-08-2004 at 10:30 AM

Hi everyone,
Not sure if anyone has already suggested this but i think it would be good to have like a little sidebar for each conversation where any file transfers will be displayed... so that the progress bars and messages about file being sent/recieved are not in the main conversation/text window

what do ya think?

Cheers,

Dane

RE: Suggestion: File transfers by matty on 06-08-2004 at 10:57 AM

Welcome DynamiteDane,

Yes this feature has been suggested, and yes it has be considered by Plus! Plugin Developers, but no one yet has stepped to the plate and say they will do it. As you see its not the easiest thing in the world, as far as I know getting the amount of KB would be confusing because you would need to Sniff the Ports that Messenger sends data on, and update the percent in the convo window. Now you ask how is that so confusing? Well with port sniffing you cant tell which transfer is which, so the new filesize of file A your are recieving may be precieved as file B thus updating the stats incorrectly.

RE: Suggestion: File transfers by Pixzeto on 06-10-2004 at 04:06 AM

yeah i thought of this looong time ago and i wondered the same... and it would kick ass! :D

Cheers
Pixzeto

RE: Suggestion: File transfers by M73A on 07-31-2004 at 05:10 PM

why did msn get rid of the status of file transfers neway?! i fort updgrades were ment to be better and easier!!!