Shoutbox

Auto-Correction talker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Auto-Correction talker (/showthread.php?tid=28674)

Auto-Correction talker by Martijn. on 07-14-2004 at 10:32 PM

I've just made a talker that does the same as the auto-correction list in Word :banana:

EDIT: Now it has an installer for both languages...

RE: Auto-Correction talker by toddy on 07-15-2004 at 07:24 AM

why not just use word filter

RE: RE: Auto-Correction talker by Martijn. on 07-15-2004 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
why not just use word filter

I don't know, it's just what you like more;

- you can turn this one on and off if you want.
- no messing with your registry
- there's a Dutch version;)

And yes, I know it might be a bit unusefull when it has already been done with a word filter, but a talker has some other advantages. And no, I didn't do this to kill 'DZ's idea:P.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone wants an other language as a talker, just send me the backup list of the filter (click here to see how to make one).

I guess this is just about personal preferences, if you don't like it, then by all means, use the wordfilter, but keep in mind that both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
RE: Auto-Correction talker by Millenium_edition on 07-15-2004 at 10:08 AM

i agree with martijn... word filter is damn annoying =/

RE: Auto-Correction talker by whYeNQue on 07-15-2004 at 12:23 PM

yeh... umm how do you use this... and do you have to modify it in any way or anything? :S

RE: RE: Auto-Correction talker by Martijn. on 07-15-2004 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whYeNQue
yeh... umm how do you use this... and do you have to modify it in any way or anything? :S

Do you have StuffPlug-NG? (1.5b is OK too, but you'll have to type the command everytime, with NG it stays activated). If you have it, place the file in the "Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins" and the "Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\StuffPlug-NG" folder. (better place it in both, just to be sure:)) and when you've done that type the following in a conversation window:

/xautotalker autocorrect         <--- auto-correction wil stay enabled.
/xtalk autocorrect                    <--- only use auto-correct for that message.

the /xautotalker command only works with StuffPlug-NG though.

Have fun:).
RE: Auto-Correction talker by Ulrik on 07-16-2004 at 12:52 AM

Do you have one in french? :)

RE: Auto-Correction talker by Joe on 07-16-2004 at 01:02 AM

i can only send one letter of text at a time

RE: RE: Auto-Correction talker by Martijn. on 07-16-2004 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ulrik
Do you have one in french? :)

If you send me the list I was talking about in my last post, I'll make one for you:P.
quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe
i can only send one letter of text at a time

What the hell do you mean with that :dodgy:.
RE: Auto-Correction talker by Mushroom_Man on 08-15-2004 at 01:24 PM

Whenever i type 'is' I get it corrected to 'Is'...

RE: RE: Auto-Correction talker by Martijn. on 08-15-2004 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom_Man
Whenever i type 'is' I get it corrected to 'Is'...

I'll take a look8-)...

EDIT: Oh, yeah, if it's a problem with the talker I probably won't upload it now, because my broadband connection isn't working:(.
RE: Auto-Correction talker by aNILEator on 08-15-2004 at 03:32 PM

yeah i noticed this just now as i've installed it, are you sure this does exactly as the regestry version does as i've just spent ages manually removing the words from my filter list ^o)

i was like 'testIng' 'hI' 'What the fuck Is goIng on here?'

RE: RE: Auto-Correction talker by Sunshine on 08-15-2004 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
yeah i noticed this just now as i've installed it, are you sure this does exactly as the regestry version does as i've just spent ages manually removing the words from my filter list ^o)

i was like 'testIng' 'hI' 'What the fuck Is goIng on here?'

Keep using the registry one (wordfilter) its easier to alter an add words there, use the talker if u want autocorrection for more than one language (can't think of same words that are misspelled in different languages an need to be corrected diff..but incase there are any)...easy switching ;)

You could have just disabled the wordfilter =/

Edit: WDZ's Autocorrect (english) can be found here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26...d=253586#pid253586 please read the post too for instructions.

Martijn: i dl-ed ur dutch autocorrector but renamed it autocorrectNL..*hint hint*...add a reference to the language in ur talkers ;)
RE: Auto-Correction talker by Ezra on 08-16-2004 at 04:31 PM

It works very good!!!, But I've got a lot more words in my correction list than what's in the talker. How about making something to add words from the 'Reserve Document for Autocorrection.doc'.

And maybe an option to add words easyer than opening the talker itselve.

RE: Auto-Correction talker by Martijn. on 08-18-2004 at 06:17 PM

I just updated the file in my forst post, wich has the "I" error fixed, and has an installer:).

I'll try to continue working on this, but I'm not srue I'll be able to, becuase those morons at the KPN (Dutch Telecom) took down our broadband line, instead of switching us to another ISP, and re-establishing the line will take 3 (!) weeks:blah:.

Also I wanted to submit a "perfect" BBcode talker to the StuffPlug-NG talker contest, but I guess I'm not going to finish it in time it, since I wanted to do some stuff, wich my programming knowledge doesn't allow me to do at this moment, and I'd need to be online for a long time to hang around at Google and MSDN, to complete it, and not to mention the testing on MSN...

I just wanted to mention that. And also I must say I regret the "Important Announcement" on top of the main forum page, I really didn't think things would come this far, and because of that I placed my old message in this post, just to make sure I wouldn't be annoying;).

Anyway, you won't see me online very much in the next 3 weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, this was a mistake at my side, it's fixed now, see the file:).

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

Martijn: i dl-ed ur dutch autocorrector but renamed it autocorrectNL..*hint hint*...add a reference to the language in ur talkers ;)
Whatever you want;) I ataached a "renamed" version in this post:).
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
It works very good!!!, But I've got a lot more words in my correction list than what's in the talker. How about making something to add words from the 'Reserve Document for Autocorrection.doc'.
I thought about that, TB told me to to that too, but it'd make the switching harder =/.
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra

And maybe an option to add words easyer than opening the talker itselve.
I don't think that's possible8-), but I'll try to find something:).

Also I have a request; if anyone has a language that he would like to see in a talker, please attach the auto-correct backup document, and I'll make talkers of the "common" languages, so you can easily switch between them, and I'll try to get some sort of "imprter" so you can make your own;).
RE: Auto-Correction talker by crank on 08-18-2004 at 06:38 PM

… becomes some wierd square in the window but it can't be coppied because it becomes normal.

RE: RE: Auto-Correction talker by Martijn. on 08-18-2004 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by çr@nK
… becomes some wierd square in the window but it can't be coppied because it becomes normal.

That's your font I guess8-)
RE: Auto-Correction talker by R0cK3TttttT on 08-18-2004 at 09:26 PM

SO Im guessin this is some kinda spellchecker then, but for MSGR?

RE: Auto-Correction talker by Mushroom_Man on 08-19-2004 at 02:15 PM

Ah, but your fix doesn't work if the 'i' is not surrounded by two spaces (e.g. starting with "i", ending with "i", "i'd", "i'm" etc.)

May I suggest using regular expression instead? Something along the lines of (and this is my c# knowledge of regular expression):

(?1[^ ])i(?2[^ ]) = {$1}I{$2}

RE: RE: Auto-Correction talker by Martijn. on 08-19-2004 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom_Man
Ah, but your fix doesn't work if the 'i' is not surrounded by two spaces (e.g. starting with "i", ending with "i", "i'd", "i'm" etc.)

May I suggest using regular expression instead? Something along the lines of (and this is my c# knowledge of regular expression):

(?1[^ ])i(?2[^ ]) = {$1}I{$2}

I don't do C#:P, but I understand what you mean, and I'll see what I can do:).
RE: Auto-Correction talker by riahc4 on 09-09-2004 at 08:13 AM

Spanish..........

RE: Auto-Correction talker by CookieRevised on 09-09-2004 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Spanish..........
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anything "spanish" about that file appart from it's name....

quote:
Originally posted by |\/|artij|\|
I don't do C#, but I understand what you mean, and I'll see what I can do.
You can use regular expressions also in vbs. Also you can use external files if you like... VBS is actually a more powerfull scripting language then most people think.... ;)

PS: since when can you use the Plus!-icon for your own "applications"? I thought that wasn't allowed (even if it is Plus!-related)!
RE: RE: Auto-Correction talker by Martijn. on 09-09-2004 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Spanish..........
^o)No, that sure isn't Spanish...
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
I don't do C#, but I understand what you mean, and I'll see what I can do.
You can use regular expressions also in vbs. Also you can use external files if you like... VBS is actually a more powerfull scripting language then most people think.... ;)

Regular Expressions in the replace function:|, TB told me you could only do that in JavaScript. Cookie, you'd do me a very big favor if you could provide a good example of that, thanks:).
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PS: since when can you use the Plus!-icon for your own "applications"? I thought that wasn't allowed (even if it is Plus!-related)!

Whow, sorry, I didn't know that:(, if it's realy true, I apologize...
RE: Auto-Correction talker by CookieRevised on 09-10-2004 at 07:04 AM

quote:
Regular Expressions in the replace function, TB told me you could only do that in JavaScript. Cookie, you'd do me a very big favor if you could provide a good example of that, thanks.
VBScript & Regular Expressions