Shoutbox

Plugin execute character "": Xplugname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname (/showthread.php?tid=29052)

Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by Iv4n on 07-23-2004 at 08:27 PM

Hello, i did a plugin that makes people available to send me SMS from my chat, when im away, but of course, i dont want them to have it, because it will be more diffcult, i just want that they type the name of the plugin and then, the text, for example
"smsgoHey, im online, im waiting for you"
but the problem is that msgplus needs a character before that, this character is this:  or char 18... so i want to know if theres a way to get this character by typing Alt+xxx, so they just press Alt+xxx and then smsgo and the text they want to send. i remenber i did one before too... and msgplus used the character Alt+Tab before.... theres no way that i can use SMS mobile services because im from venezuela and those services are not available, but theres the website of the company that give us our mobile services and from there i can send sms, so i did a "post form" from VB and, it will work. so i need to know if theres a key to get this character from the keyboard. thnx:).

And patchou, u really did a great work with Msgplus, its great. It really extend features and helps me a lot. thnx once again.

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by DJmorphine on 07-23-2004 at 11:07 PM

You mean Ťalt+0141 / ChrW(141)??

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by Maniac on 07-24-2004 at 01:34 AM

So this will actually send you an sms to your phone even if your service normally doesn't allow you? :o

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by RaceProUK on 07-24-2004 at 09:35 AM

Why don't you turn it into a command?

RE: RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by DJmorphine on 07-24-2004 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk

Thats something I was wondering, you can use ChrW(141) in Visual Basic it does just the same as when you press alt+0141
RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by RaceProUK on 07-24-2004 at 10:04 AM

Or there is the nCCNotify constant that you can use.

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by Choli on 07-24-2004 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Iv4n
Hello, i did a plugin that makes people available to send me SMS from my chat, when im away, but of course, i dont want them to have it, because it will be more diffcult, i just want that they type the name of the plugin and then, the text, for example
"smsgoHey, im online, im waiting for you"
but the problem is that msgplus needs a character before that, this character is this:  or char 18... so i want to know if theres a way to get this character by typing Alt+xxx, so they just press Alt+xxx and then smsgo and the text they want to send. i remenber i did one before too... and msgplus used the character Alt+Tab before.... theres no way that i can use SMS mobile services because im from venezuela and those services are not available, but theres the website of the company that give us our mobile services and from there i can send sms, so i did a "post form" from VB and, it will work. so i need to know if theres a key to get this character from the keyboard. thnx:).

And patchou, u really did a great work with Msgplus, its great. It really extend features and helps me a lot. thnx once again.
the char 18 (ie: Chr$(&H12) ) is used to notify a plugin when some text is received and has to be rpocessed by the plugin. However what you want to do is process the message when the user is sending it; so you have to make a command, /xsmsgoHey, for example, and process it in ParseCommand. The user would type "/xsmsgoHey, im online, im waiting for you" and that's all, no need for Alt+18 (Y).

Read the docummentation of the plugins for more help, or ask us ;)
RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by RaceProUK on 07-24-2004 at 01:08 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
However what you want to do is process the message when the user is sending it; so you have to make a command, /xsmsgoHey, for example, and process it in ParseCommand. The user would type "/xsmsgoHey, im online, im waiting for you" and that's all
We had the same idea methinks...
RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by Choli on 07-24-2004 at 02:41 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
However what you want to do is process the message when the user is sending it; so you have to make a command, /xsmsgoHey, for example, and process it in ParseCommand. The user would type "/xsmsgoHey, im online, im waiting for you" and that's all
We had the same idea methinks...
I know, but you all didn't explained him what the char 18 is used for ;) :P
RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by RaceProUK on 07-24-2004 at 02:42 PM

The API documentation does though.

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by Iv4n on 07-31-2004 at 07:09 PM

I know that, but to make that thing of the command, i need that the other person have the plugin, so they can type /smsgo, so the plugin will send the command to my plugin and then my plugin will send the SMS, but i dont want that other people have the plugin, because then i have to send the plugin to each one of my contacts just to make them possible to send me an SMS, and theres a lot of dumb people, that doesnt have MSGPLUS and dont know how to install plugin, so the solution is to make them write they string, just as if MSGPlus had sent it, but to do that i need to know how to type this char. So they can send me a SMS without having the plugin.

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by RaceProUK on 07-31-2004 at 07:12 PM

You don't have to send the plugin to all your contacts. Just send the SMS in ParseCommand().

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by Iv4n on 07-31-2004 at 07:18 PM

:S the thing that sends the SMS command is in ParseCommand() but how the ParseCommand() of the plugin will be executed if the other side doesnt send a text fo my plugin?

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by RaceProUK on 07-31-2004 at 07:19 PM

ParseCommand() is called on YOUR side. This is mentioned in the comments in the API file.

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by M73A on 07-31-2004 at 07:20 PM

is this sms alerter fing downloadable or jus ur private use?

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by Iv4n on 07-31-2004 at 07:22 PM

Yes, it is called on my side, but to make this call we need a command received of the other side, that will execute my parsecommand. and to make this command execute i need to receive the other side commands with the instructions: "smsgoSending SMS Example" but with the chr(18) in front of that.

may73alliance: this plugin is only available for Venezuela, thats why I dont publish it, because i think almost nobody will get, but if you want me, just tell me. and i will send it to you.

RE: Plugin execute character "": Xplugname by M73A on 07-31-2004 at 07:29 PM

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, u recon they'll b one available to other countries coz its a GREAT idea