Shoutbox

avoiding the taskbar to show if a message is recieved? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: avoiding the taskbar to show if a message is recieved? (/showthread.php?tid=29117)

avoiding the taskbar to show if a message is recieved? by ThienZ on 07-26-2004 at 07:47 AM

hi,

i'm using :
- windows xp
- msn 6.2
- msg plus! 3.01.94
and my taskbar is set to auto hide.

right now if i recieve a message, the taskbar comes out and the message window on the taskbar blinks. how can i avoid that the tasbar showing?

thx :)

RE: avoiding the taskbar to show if a message is recieved? by GiantSpider on 07-26-2004 at 08:41 AM

I don't think you can. If you were to disable toasts then that would probably solve it. But i'm not sure if you can do that either.

RE: avoiding the taskbar to show if a message is recieved? by RaceProUK on 07-26-2004 at 09:02 AM

Disabling toasts won't stop it I think. You'd have to find a way of stopping Messenger notifying you of new messages.

RE: avoiding the taskbar to show if a message is recieved? by Maniac on 07-26-2004 at 09:07 AM

I just tried this.... and it's weird... even if you disable toasts the taskbar still pops up...

I know i had an XP tweaking program that alowed me to edit the flashing of windows on the taskbar but i dunno if I could take them off... so maybe you can. If you do that MAYBE the taskbar wil lstay hidden, but I doubt you can do anythign about it through msn itself...

RE: avoiding the taskbar to show if a message is recieved? by Tochjo on 07-26-2004 at 09:16 AM

In TweakUI, there's a focus option that should prevent applications stealing focus, but I don't know if this will work. I tried it for myself quickly, and couldn't get it to work the way I wanted to.

Click here for Windows XP Powertoys
You might have to Google for non-XP systems.

RE: avoiding the taskbar to show if a message is recieved? by ThienZ on 07-26-2004 at 10:13 AM

thx for the replies...
but it didn't work here too....
any other suggestions? :)