Shoutbox

windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug (/showthread.php?tid=29947)

windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by M73A on 08-14-2004 at 05:20 PM

is there a plugin that will make all the stuffplug ng settings which are turned on stay on wen u open windows messenger?

fnx

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by Phrive on 08-14-2004 at 05:28 PM

you can disable windows messenger from runnin with this, http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/MessengerDisable.zip or uninstall it

*this was my 300th post :D*

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by toddy on 08-14-2004 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by _-PhRiVe-_
you can disable windows messenger from runnin with this, http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/MessengerDisable.zip or uninstall it

that has got nowt to do with what he asked ! read the post before replying.

as for the problem, i thought i read somewhere that Tb had fixed that problem, have u got the latest version of StuffPlug-NG ? StuffPlug-NG 0.6.1 (Chat-only nickname and options screen updates!)
RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by M73A on 08-14-2004 at 05:34 PM

nah i wanna use windows messenger coz i have an account for freinds and 1 for business

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by Phrive on 08-14-2004 at 05:35 PM

oop.. sorry, lol answering the rite question, try not loading msgplus! with windows messnger (if thats possible)
or got polygammy and use two msn messenger 6.2s

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by toddy on 08-14-2004 at 05:38 PM

quote:
oop.. sorry, lol answering the rite question, try not loading msgplus! with windows messnger (if thats possible)

yes that is possible, but would be quite annoyin to do.

to do it:
start msn as normal, after it(msn) has loaded. end the msgplus.exe process and then start windows messenger
RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by Phrive on 08-14-2004 at 05:40 PM

yeah i thought that:), but would it cause problems for the plus!that is currently running?

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by toddy on 08-14-2004 at 05:41 PM

no it doesn't, messenger plus only needs a process in starting up

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by Phrive on 08-14-2004 at 05:43 PM

Okay, u learn something new everyday, thanx!, so if someone could make a plugin to automatically closes Plus! when windows messnenger starts and open when msn messenger starts that would work :D

RE: RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by toddy on 08-14-2004 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Okay, u learn something new everyday, thanx!, so if someone could make a plugin to automatically closes Plus! when windows messnenger starts and open when msn messenger starts that would work :D

or u could use a polygammy patch and run 2 or more msn's at once
RE: RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by Phrive on 08-14-2004 at 05:47 PM

quote:
or get polygammy and use two msn messenger 6.2s

Already suggested, lol :)
RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by toddy on 08-14-2004 at 05:54 PM

it wasn't when he first posted, so i didn't see it

quote:
This post was edited Today at 06:36 PM by _-PhRiVe-_.

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by crank on 08-14-2004 at 06:01 PM

don't load stuffplug on the windows messenger adress

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by M73A on 08-14-2004 at 07:55 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The SPNG Options are saved per contact.
Thus if your WM account would be name_wm@hotmail.com, then disabling the features in WM would not affect your otehr account on MSN6, like name_msn@hotmail.com
I dunno in what version I introduced it, but It's there in the one on the forum 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea. thats a gd feature, but wen u LOAD windows messenger it turns most of the settings off as they need msn 6.XX

wat im askin is can u stop them from turning off?

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by gimmi_c on 08-17-2004 at 10:52 AM

yes this is a great hassle, could sum1  fix this please, it really needs to be fixed cos my windows mesenger always gets rid of them cool features of stuff plug and i have to keep turining them on again, help! thank you please

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by RaceProUK on 08-17-2004 at 10:00 PM

And no-one has thought of running WinMsg first?

RE: windows mssnger not turn of stuffplug by toddy on 08-17-2004 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
And no-one has thought of running WinMsg first?

that still turns off all your settings