Shoutbox

Transparent background in conversation window? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Transparent background in conversation window? (/showthread.php?tid=30061)

Transparent background in conversation window? by renio on 08-17-2004 at 08:37 AM

Hello all

would it be possible to create a plug-in or add-on to make the conversation window partially transparent...? I know that you can make the conversation window fully transparent with MsgPlus! but I don't like that feature because you can hardly read the conversation.

What I would like is to have the conversation window set so you can read the conversation-text and see the display pictures like if it is not transparent... and the rest of the conversation window should be transparent... in other means: no background at all.

Possible?

RE: Transparent background in conversation window? by Anubis on 08-17-2004 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by renio

would it be possible to create a plug-in or add-on to make the conversation window partially transparent...?
There is no need. You can already set the level of transparency for a convocation window between 0%-80% with Messenger Plus!
To do so do this;
Main Messenger Window > Plus > Preferences > Instant Messages > Transparency effect...and set it to the level of your choice...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=292979]
RE: Transparent background in conversation window? by TGG on 08-17-2004 at 08:51 AM

quote:
I know that you can make the conversation window fully transparent with MsgPlus! but I don't like that feature because you can hardly read the conversation.

RE: RE: Transparent background in conversation window? by Anubis on 08-17-2004 at 08:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by that_ginger_guy
quote:
I know that you can make the conversation window fully transparent with MsgPlus! but I don't like that feature because you can hardly read the conversation.

I really don't understand you posting that...Since that method allows partial transparency...
RE: Transparent background in conversation window? by renio on 08-17-2004 at 08:56 AM

"PARTIALLY" .. partially in CAPITALS!

not FULL transparent... just the background should be tranparent because if you set transparency to 30% or higher I can hardly read the text in your conversation or see display pictures...

clear enough?!

RE: Transparent background in conversation window? by RaceProUK on 08-17-2004 at 09:32 AM

First, cool down.
Second, transparency works on the entire window. AFAIK, there is no way to selectively 'transparentify' a window that way.

<offtopic>I invented a new word</offtopic>

RE: Transparent background in conversation window? by bungleMX on 08-17-2004 at 05:54 PM

I wanted to do something like that, but I was traying to make a PNG AVATAR PIC with Transparent Background (only the avatar) so my avatar will appear like float, but i't wasn't posibble, the transparent color tooks the color of the background of MSN convertation window, Any one can do this?