Shoutbox

Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=30083)

Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by stevonw on 08-17-2004 at 04:31 PM

I opened the Stuff-Plug-Ng the newest version 0.7 something......i opened it my anti-virus protection was not on and it was W32/Parite B!!!!!!!!

THIS VIRUS IS UNREMOVAABLE AND SPREADS LIKE WILDFIRE!!!!!!!

I did not have my antyi-virus protection running @ the time and it f**ked my pc!

I have wiped it now and had my anti-virus running...ran the Stuff-Plu setup and it picked up the virus and stopped it this time!!!!!

Be weary!

It totaled up to over 900 Parite B's because they copy themselves and when you remove them copy themselves back!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o

Anyone had the same problem!?

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by Millenium_edition on 08-17-2004 at 04:38 PM

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.pinfi.html

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by stevonw on 08-17-2004 at 04:40 PM

yeah i think thats it it infected all of my .exe files no other type of files

I wiped my Pc so everything is fine now!

Just to warn everyone else!:D

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by cooldude_i06 on 08-17-2004 at 04:41 PM

It wasnt the StuffPlug installer, it was ur pc. Parite is a nasty virus and copies itself to every exe in ur pc. Sometimes removing it damages the exe as well. If i were u i would do a clean reboot without backing up an exe :(

EDIT - post just a bit late, didnt see ur last post

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by Anubis on 08-17-2004 at 05:02 PM

I somehow believe this is a coincidence what likely happened is something else infected your computer. Or you downloaded Stuffplug from an illegitimate source, if you don't download it from the main site you can't be sure that the file you're downloading is actually a Virus. However Stuff-Plug NG does now contain Screenshot Sender 3, that has got an install script in that some antivirus software recognise as a malicious script...If you selected to install SS3 while installing StuffPlug-NG you may have gotten a warning about a malicious script, however this is not related to the virus you're describing...

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by TheBlasphemer on 08-17-2004 at 05:36 PM

WTF?!
Stuffplug containing a virus?!
no fucking way dude -_-
And besides, anti-virus wont alert because screenshot sender can be installed too, i'll be downloaded on demand....
Some mods please delete this topic, this is just the worst bullshit ever -_-

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by MC Inferno on 08-17-2004 at 05:41 PM

Someone else could of putthe virus on their site lad. We dont know he got it directly from you yet........?

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by lopardo on 08-17-2004 at 05:48 PM

That virus is a pain in the ass to remove (it hooks explorer.exe)... I had to clean a friend's computer, a lot of EXEs infected, it spreaded pretty fast.

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by TheBlasphemer on 08-17-2004 at 06:04 PM

YES! I DID IT!
I WROTE A GIANT VIRUS TO KILL ALL OF YOUR COMPUTERS!
MWUHAHAHAHAHA!

no...
really...
I'm not joking...
heh, nvm that :P

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by Millenium_edition on 08-17-2004 at 06:24 PM

oh yeah, the one posted on scito <_< or wait, that's not a killer

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by EvilSeph on 08-17-2004 at 06:41 PM

This is funny:

THIS VIRUS IS UNREMOVAABLE AND SPREADS LIKE WILDFIRE!!!!!!!

and then.. you say..

I have wiped it now and had my anti-virus running...ran the Stuff-Plu setup and it picked up the virus and stopped it this time!!!!!

How did you remove it if it's unremovable and spreads like wildfire =p?

Anyway, before you accuse people and things of screwing up your computer, it's clear you're unaware how to secure your computer, so I'd go about learning how first and then, when you're aware of what the cause of the problem is and can prove it, should you go about telling other people.

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by stevonw on 08-17-2004 at 06:56 PM

I dodnt remove is u stipd idot read again and i said i wiped my HARD DRIVE! :@

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by Menthix on 08-17-2004 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Some mods please delete this topic, this is just the worst bullshit ever
People say Messenger Plus! contains viruses too sometimes, those topics aren't removed either. I think it's better to let them know that/why they are wrong about it instead of just ignoring it. If you ignore topics like this it will only look like you do have a virus in your program and do this on purpose.

stevonw: Can you tell us, where did you download Stuffplug from? And what anti-virus scanner did you use?
RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by Phrive on 08-17-2004 at 07:09 PM

dont you think if stuff plug had a virus there would be a thread the size of.. well a massive thread on here! knowone else has reported this so therefore it isnt in stuff plug unless you got it from somewere you shouldnt have, then it is no TBs fault, i agree with TB delete this thread StuufPlug-NG Rules and is virus free!

Also stevonw, treat the people on this forum with respect and they will give repect, they are giving you there opinions, so there for you shouldnt go callin ppl stupid idiots

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by (CyBeRDuDe) on 08-17-2004 at 07:19 PM

stevonw:

What is this bullshit you are firing at ppl here??????
There is NO virus in Stuffplug NG!!!!!
You say you had you antivirus stopped???? Then you proberly have caught the virus from something else, and the virus is described that it spreads it self to exe files, so if you had your antivirus stopped then the virus had spread it self to the Stuffplug-ng Installer and then you turned onm your antivirus scanner again? and then the scanner have seen the installer as a virus.....
If you stop your antivirus protection, then it's kinda your own fault!!!!! Who is stupid enough to stop the protection????????

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by Menthix on 08-17-2004 at 07:25 PM

What i was trying to say: This is a support forum. Why should staff go and delete every topic that contains wrong information?

I agree that stevonw should mind his language, but TB's first reply wasn't that nice of him either.

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by Anubis on 08-17-2004 at 07:35 PM

stevonw, could you tell us where you downloaded your version of Stuffplug-NG 0.7?...was it from a more dodgy source, if so we should investigate who is making these false programs and disguising them as StuffPlug...perhaps one of those Chinese servers have become envois of the verification codes

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by Millenium_edition on 08-17-2004 at 07:37 PM

for god sake he's polite he was warning you, everyone makes mistakes.

* Millenium_edition waits for full metal chrono to add a lock to this topic :P

RE: Stuff-Plug NG new Version contained VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!! by wj on 08-17-2004 at 09:15 PM

I'm going to open the thread at a users request.

Lets try and track this down. Where was it downloaded from? IT's possible the sever was comprimised. mabey he downloaded it from a 3rd party server and the host edited the installer. There are lots of possibilitys.