Shoutbox

Suggestion - batch assign notification settings - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion - batch assign notification settings (/showthread.php?tid=30345)

Suggestion - batch assign notification settings by BlueShadow on 08-23-2004 at 11:53 AM

Hi,

Like everyone I get annoyed when my contacts computers seem to sign them in and out of MSN every 2 minutes, and you just want to stop the popups appearing for that person.

However, to do this in Plus you need to:

1. Disable MSN toaster popups in MSN settings
  2. enable Plus sign in notification for every single user on your list, one at a time
    [/list]

The effort of doing this with my full list of contacts has meant I just haven't bothered :( Is there an easier way to do it, and if not, could there be?

RE: Suggestion - batch assign notification settings by CookieRevised on 08-23-2004 at 12:04 PM

Although a batch assignment for notification can come in handy sometimes (depends on how it is implemented), I think an ignore feature is more in place here. So instead of assigning multiple notifs, assign 1 single ingore-thing to a user...

So, in short: nice idea (y) ....

The plugin StuffPlug-NG has an ignore feature, but I don't know exactly if it also ignores this kind of popups. If it doesn't do this kind of thing, then maybe that's also a suggestion for StuffPlug-NG...

RE: Suggestion - batch assign notification settings by RaceProUK on 08-23-2004 at 09:56 PM

Ignore kinda ignores them completely, messages and all. I'm not sure if that's what they want.