Shoutbox

automatically sign in problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: automatically sign in problem (/showthread.php?tid=30532)

automatically sign in problem by libertystatue on 08-27-2004 at 09:40 AM

When i start my personal computer and sign in to messenger, I have to fill in my emailaddress and password. I check the option 'automatically sign in into messenger' but the next time I start my computer, I have to retype my address and password. On another computer at home, I don't have to retype my address and password each time I startup, It remembers them.
What is the problem with my personal Computer that it doesn't remember my address and password ??

Thanks !!

RE: automatically sign in problem by Anubis on 08-27-2004 at 10:05 AM

Is the PC you want to remember your login details on, uses the OS Windows XP?

If so associate you account with a .NET passport;
Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Select your account > Associate account with .NET passport...and follow from there with your normal login details for MSN Messenger.

The other option to remember the login details on other OSs has never been reliable in my experience...I believe it is deleted with your cookies when they are cleared (not sure)

RE: automatically sign in problem by libertystatue on 08-27-2004 at 10:17 AM

I use XP.

quote:
Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Select your account > Associate account with .NET passport...and follow from there with your normal login details for MSN Messenger.

I tried to do this allready a zillion times, my account is associated with .NET passport...but still it doesn't work :(

Other possibilities ?
RE: automatically sign in problem by .Roy on 08-27-2004 at 10:38 AM

hmmm i dont know if this has to do with this but..  check ur cookies settings... Cookies mite delete the log in

RE: automatically sign in problem by libertystatue on 08-27-2004 at 11:09 AM

And what should my cookie settings be ?