Shoutbox

is this y i cant see pic n send/receive files? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: is this y i cant see pic n send/receive files? (/showthread.php?tid=31010)

is this y i cant see pic n send/receive files? by Skitz on 09-05-2004 at 11:03 AM

imma on dial up n i had Internet Connection Firewall setting CHECKED? :S

*-)

RE: is this y i cant see pic n send/receive files? by Choli on 09-05-2004 at 11:13 AM

Maybe. But you have to detail a bit more what operating system you have and what messenger version. I think you're in Windows XP, but is it SP1, SP2 or what? and of course, you're using msn messenger 6, right? Have you tried to disable the firewall? (and btw, is the firewall the one that comes with windows or another one?)

RE: is this y i cant see pic n send/receive files? by Plik on 09-05-2004 at 11:41 AM

You could have always added this onto the end of your last thread about this ;)

RE: is this y i cant see pic n send/receive files? by Skitz on 09-05-2004 at 11:47 AM

hahaah yeh soz madman

choli - yeh im runnin xp, SP1, latest msn,
the windows firewall.

when i click on "Send Files" i get the attached image. theres no icons or anything????

RE: is this y i cant see pic n send/receive files? by Choli on 09-05-2004 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Skitz
theres no icons or anything????
that isn't a problem of messenger but of windows. restarting windows usually solves it.
quote:
Originally posted by Skitz
choli - yeh im runnin xp, SP1, latest msn,
the windows firewall.
try to disable the firewall
RE: is this y i cant see pic n send/receive files? by Skitz on 09-06-2004 at 11:45 AM

thx choli. yeh i disable the norton firewall n everything works now :D

cheers

i got rid of norton firewall 2002, just installed 2003, so yeh. all good now.