Shoutbox

I Can't Uninstall - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I Can't Uninstall (/showthread.php?tid=31403)

I Can't Uninstall by axe on 09-12-2004 at 06:19 PM

I can't see Messenger Plus ! in the add/remove programs list :S, and I have reinstalled msg plust twice and it doesn't appear in the list :(. How can I uninstall it to remove support programs:(

RE: I Can't Uninstall by Choli on 09-13-2004 at 07:50 PM

What version of windows are you using? Do you have admin rights in the account that you're using? My suggestion: Install plus with the same account that you used the first time and then uninstall it from there. That should work.

However, if you just want to uninstall the sponsor program, and you really can't uninstall plus, search the forums. There is a link somewhere to a program to uninstall it.

RE: I Can't Uninstall by tigrrboxer on 10-15-2004 at 10:29 AM

axe, I have the same problem. No Plus! in my add/ remove programs list, and no "uninstall" option in the program files Plus! folder.... I'm using XP Pro, I'M the admin here and this is the first time I've been so stumped by a tech problem. Help!.... Anyone?

RE: I Can't Uninstall by user27089 on 10-15-2004 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tigrrboxer
axe, I have the same problem. No Plus! in my add/ remove programs list, and no "uninstall" option in the program files Plus! folder.... I'm using XP Pro, I'M the admin here and this is the first time I've been so stumped by a tech problem. Help!.... Anyone?

Try running the plus! installation again, this may add the uninstall feature.
RE: I Can't Uninstall by greg098 on 10-15-2004 at 02:11 PM

download a program called regcleaner. Delete the msgplus directory in program files and run regcleaner and full a full clean for bad files. this will clean up the files that msgplus used as they wont be registered to the program anymore if u deleted the directory of it. hope that helps

RE: I Can't Uninstall by Patchou on 10-15-2004 at 07:04 PM

If Messenger Plus! doesn't appear in your Add/Remove panel, it's probably because you didn't have admin rights when you installed it. In that case, itcreated an shortcut in your Start menu to uninstall the software.

RE: I Can't Uninstall by CookieRevised on 10-18-2004 at 09:10 PM

And if you can't find that link then:

1) Click on Start.
2) Click on Run.
3) Type: "c:\program files\messenger plus! 3\msgplus.exe" /uninstall
the path may be different though, make sure you type the correct path.
4) and press enter