Shoutbox

KSMAS for cycling images on a website - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: KSMAS for cycling images on a website (/showthread.php?tid=31518)

KSMAS for cycling images on a website by Concord Dawn on 09-14-2004 at 06:51 PM

Can you use KSMAS to cycle images on a webpage on the same server.

RE: KSMAS for cycling images on a website by KeyStorm on 09-14-2004 at 07:07 PM

Yes, of course, you can use it for any purpose that involves 'an image changing itself each time it is viewed'.

It's mentioned in the readme and in the setup (RC1 and above), so, well, it's supported.

RE: KSMAS for cycling images on a website by Eljay on 09-15-2004 at 06:41 AM

i want to install a newer KSMAS on my webspace but i cant delete the old one and the uninstaller doesnt work
what can i do?

RE: KSMAS for cycling images on a website by KeyStorm on 09-15-2004 at 10:29 AM

YEah, sorry I didn't answer your PM. ut that doesn't mean I ignored it :P

I've been trying to build a simpler uninstaller (which you could use for deleting any folder, btw). But I still have to test it.

Btw, where do you put the uninstaller? It's strange it doesn't work :-/

RE: KSMAS for cycling images on a website by Eljay on 09-15-2004 at 03:08 PM

i tried putting the uninstaller in the ksmas folder but it wouldnt upload (i cant actually do anything to the folder. delete, chmod, upload, download overwrite or even rename) and then i tried putting it in the main public_html folder but then it said enter admin password so i typed it and it said incorrect (probably because it should be in the ksmas folder)
so i deleted public_html in cpanel and reuploaded evrything except ksmas and now i have succesffully installed the newer version :)

PS: i think it might not have been a problem with KSMAS it was probably a FTP error or sumthing like that but now i have the new one so it dont matter :P

RE: KSMAS for cycling images on a website by KeyStorm on 09-15-2004 at 03:14 PM

well, the installer should've been outside the KSMAS folder. And It should work well. Well If it's ok, now. I'll go on with latest version now. :)