Shoutbox

Seeing what your friend is typing? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Seeing what your friend is typing? (/showthread.php?tid=32048)

Seeing what your friend is typing? by Incarnate on 09-25-2004 at 08:35 AM

Is there any way of doing this, i thought about it long and hard i'm guessing that it is possible. I'm not sure how it could be displayed though.

The number of times that I see someone type something then they stop - I'm one of those sorts of people who get annoyed by little things but not by big things.

RE: Seeing what your friend is typing? by Chrono on 09-25-2004 at 08:40 AM

easy: install one of those patches that remove the "user is typing a message" message :P

I think that what u are requesting is not possible, thatthere isnt a program to do that

RE: Seeing what your friend is typing? by Blabj on 09-25-2004 at 02:27 PM

I suggested that a while ago and got flamed to hell, But, I do still want this to happen, it would be a cool plugin :P

RE: Seeing what your friend is typing? by toddy on 09-25-2004 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
easy: install one of those patches that remove the "user is typing a message" message
:lol::lol:

a plugin than can do this will never by made
RE: Seeing what your friend is typing? by Anubis on 09-25-2004 at 03:05 PM

No, the information when you type a message before you hit send is only existent in the textbox you type it in...Not on the internet so it could be retrieved...
If the client was moded to send character by character account of what's typed and the message after, then yes it could work...but that's really stupid waist of bandwidth and I can't see anyone installing a moded client that just does this...
A plugin would really have to be creative to send a letter by letter account and display this in a display box...
Also this would be a breach of privacy, if the person has decided not to tell you something for whatever reason let them keep to that...

RE: Seeing what your friend is typing? by kire on 09-25-2004 at 03:13 PM

it's slow, impossible (unless both users have the plugin) and completely stupid imho. If the other doesn't want to say it, why should you read it then?

RE: Seeing what your friend is typing? by BEWARE^^ on 09-25-2004 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
a plugin than can do this will never by made

how can you be so sure about thismaybe in the feature it will be made :)
RE: Seeing what your friend is typing? by Incarnate on 09-25-2004 at 09:22 PM

Fair point guys - I thought about it after words and yeah for this to happen the other user needs to receive this somehow - Which is slightly impossible seeing as the text isn't sent anyway.

RE: Seeing what your friend is typing? by Primexx on 05-10-2005 at 01:46 AM

the only thing thats even near that is knowing who is typing to you, before it even sends, with a IM scanner like ZA, also turning on the alert on, so that it messages you as soon as anyone starts typing in their window to you...

RE: Seeing what your friend is typing? by Concord Dawn on 05-10-2005 at 01:55 AM

Unless the other person knows and lets you see what their typing (which is highly unlikely), this is an invasion of privacy.