Shoutbox

Problems with MSN Mobile and ported mobile number - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problems with MSN Mobile and ported mobile number (/showthread.php?tid=32052)

Problems with MSN Mobile and ported mobile number by MadMax on 09-25-2004 at 10:47 AM

I have ported my mobile phone number from one network to another. MSN Mobile (the service that lets your contacts send a text via SMS to your mobile) no longer worked.

I rejoined the service, selecting my new provider as the network. To join the service you need a 4-digit code, which is sent to your phone via SMS. I get the message "Sorry you have tried to connect to [New Provider] MSN service. Your current operator is not [New Provider]. Please select 'back' in your browser and try again.

Selecting my previous provider as the network also does not, help, I get no SMS text confirmation code at all.

I have emailed MSN Mobile suppport @ Microsoft and they have been unable to help so far saying there's a "problem with ported numbers".

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers

RE: Problems with MSN Mobile and ported mobile number by fpetit on 01-18-2008 at 01:33 AM

You can try this. Select "Another provider" and then type in the e-mail of your cellphone. MSN Alerts will be sent to that address.