Shoutbox

Windows Update q - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Windows Update q (/showthread.php?tid=32205)

Windows Update q by snoozehughes on 09-27-2004 at 10:07 PM

With a nega patch, you can choose appear offline to be automatically activated when msn is loaded. Is there any way to do this with messenger plus 3.20.100 or with a plug in that is compatible with messenger plus?

Thank you.

RE: Windows Update q by MC Inferno on 09-27-2004 at 10:10 PM

MessengerDiscovery lets you sign in offline as do a fewo thers I tnink, but whats wrong with Nega Patch?

RE: Windows Update q by snoozehughes on 09-27-2004 at 10:17 PM

can you use nega patch on top of messenger plus 3.20?

RE: Windows Update q by CookieRevised on 09-27-2004 at 10:54 PM

yes, but nega patch is a... (dodgy) patch :D it isn't a program that needs to be running or so. It patches msn messenger and then you will never need it again...

But anyways, personaly I don't recommend Nega Patch cause it patches in a very strange and dodgy way: It switches the Online/Offline status. Meaning that everytime you want to be online, you actually have to choose "appear offline" (and vice versa).

This also means that addons like Messenger Plus! can act very weird with these switched statusses....

There is indeed also a plugin for Plus! that can do this. But it has also some very small downside...

Anyways, to properly "patch" your MSN Messenger for "signing in offline" and to know what the possebilities are, you better look at: CookieRevised's reply to how to sign in on appear offline?

RE: Windows Update q by snoozehughes on 09-27-2004 at 10:56 PM

Thanks CookieRevised, I'll go take a look :)