Shoutbox

Wont let me change my display name. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Wont let me change my display name. (/showthread.php?tid=32512)

Wont let me change my display name. by red12 on 10-04-2004 at 09:22 PM

MSN messager wont let me change my display name my user name is the same as my email. For some reason it's all grayed out and wont let me change my name has anyone experienced this. If so is their some why I can fix this. Please help me.

RE: Wont let me change my display name. by marissa on 10-04-2004 at 09:23 PM

by any chance is it an email other than hotmail or msn? because if you have google i know you have to add a contact or something before it allows you to change your name....

RE: Wont let me change my display name. by user27089 on 10-04-2004 at 09:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by red12
MSN messager wont let me change my display name my user name is the same as my email. For some reason it's all grayed out and wont let me change my name has anyone experienced this. If so is their some why I can fix this. Please help me.

You need to verify your email address, to do this, you have to sign out and sign in, and click Veryify your email adress when it pops up bottom right of the screen, follow the instructions and you should be alright ;)
RE: Wont let me change my display name. by red12 on 10-04-2004 at 09:28 PM

Know I have yahoo mail but every time I sign in on MSN it tells me to verify my email.

RE: Wont let me change my display name. by BooGhost on 10-04-2004 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by red12
Know I have yahoo mail but every time I sign in on MSN it tells me to verify my email.
then verufy it :P

Dile > Verify Email Adress and you should get a mail sent to the adress you're using to log in Messenger, folow the link in the mail and then you'll be able to change your nick :P