Shoutbox

Feature Request - Incoming Files - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature Request - Incoming Files (/showthread.php?tid=33115)

Feature Request - Incoming Files by Chop on 10-15-2004 at 02:05 PM

I dont know if this was posted before, but I thinked on a great idea for a plugin or msgplus (would be better on msgplus :P).

My idea is how about having the chance to select where to put a file depending of what file is..
Example: Something.jpg *.bmp *.png --> This goes to "My pictures"
                Something.mp3 *.wav --> This goes to "My music"
                Others like *.exe *.dll *.EXT --> To the defalt folder "My recieved files"

Tell me, what do you think? =)

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by user27089 on 10-15-2004 at 02:08 PM

Its a good idea, not sure it would be possible without editing the messenger protocol though i'm afraid, and this is illegal, therefore patchou will stear clear from it, some of the plugin creators may work on it though, its a great idea.

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by Ezra on 10-15-2004 at 05:45 PM

This is included in File Transfer Plus!

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by Anubis on 10-15-2004 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
not sure it would be possible without editing the messenger protocol though i'm afraid, and this is illegal
That really doesn't need to involve the protocol in any way...All Plus would have to do would just change the incoming directory just as you click accept...

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
This is included in File Transfer Plus!
Had a quick look and I can't see anything like this in the options, and when someone sends a file all I see is an ability to choose where to save that file. Just as you can with a standard transfer...

Forgive me for being the party pooper, but really is it that much harder to click "Save as..."? I know I'd love this feature but I really was thinking it's a minor need of convenience, that some people may get tangled up in and get confused. I know a few people who would keep forgetting and wondering where each file was saved.
This has been suggested before, but yeah overall I'd like to see it in the long term, first of all I want some newer features rather than these small matters of convenience...
RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by jren207 on 10-15-2004 at 05:56 PM

It is a good idea because it would save you having to look through a folder full of junk that people would have sent you. Believe me, you get alot of stuff in there over some time :P

RE: RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by Anubis on 10-15-2004 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
Believe me, you get alot of stuff in there over some time :P

Just clean the folder out every now and again then...I do it once a monthish
RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by WDZ on 10-15-2004 at 06:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Just clean the folder out every now and again then...I do it once a monthish
You could even make a batch file that sorts files based on extension...

code:
@echo off
move *.jpg "..\My Pictures"
move *.gif "..\My Pictures"
move *.wmv "..\My Videos"
...place it in your Recieved Files folder, and run it once a week/month... :p
RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by The Napster on 10-15-2004 at 06:26 PM

There is a plugin to sort the files, but u need to sort it after download. But it would be a great idea.

Il post the plugin in case u want it :D

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by benjyrama on 10-15-2004 at 08:07 PM

quote:
You could even make a batch file that sorts files based on extension...

code:@echo off
    move *.jpg "..\My Pictures"
    move *.gif "..\My Pictures"
    move *.wmv "..\My Videos"

what does the @echo off do in the code??
RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by WDZ on 10-15-2004 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
what does the @echo off do in the code??
It stops the commands that are run from being displayed, so the output looks nicer. It's completely optional. :p
RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by benjyrama on 10-15-2004 at 08:38 PM

ok thnx

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by matty on 10-16-2004 at 12:19 AM

Ok guys, I am actually making one and its pretty cool to say the least, ask Time. But I need all your opinions on how it should be ran.

Would you all prefer a Plus! plugin where you execute a command, Or would you prefer it act like a virus check would when checking your file. Mind  you the program will execute your antivirus to check the file before moving it so its not going to replace your anti virus. I am just not sure which would be best.

the Plus! command would be /xorganize or something like that (would be in documentation).

Please post and let me know which you want and I will do it.

Matty

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by Concord Dawn on 10-16-2004 at 12:22 AM

A cool plugin, should add the option of having the program wait until the command is run, or sort automatically.

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by aNILEator on 10-16-2004 at 08:49 PM

cool....i'll wait for the plugin :D (y)

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by ipab on 10-17-2004 at 01:34 AM

i am getting a 'mismatch' when ever im trying to run the stand alone prog

as for the plugin, maybe u should update the link or remove it till u post another attachment :p

as for my opinion, i wold prefer a plugin that runs upon command not like a virus scan, as that would be annoying

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by giken on 10-18-2004 at 02:14 PM

can you add the ability to create a separation download folder according to sender email?
So if I configured c:\downloads as default received folder, every file sent by test@mail.com will be in c:\downloads\test@mail.com, every file sent by test2@mail2.com will be in c:\downloads\test2@mail2.com and so on :)

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by matty on 10-18-2004 at 02:39 PM

No if I did that it wouldn't be able to be a plugin. The app would either have to be a proxy or a port sniffer to find out who is sending the file. And since it was prefered as a plugin I wont do it. I know someone who is trying to make one that will sort by senders email using a Port Sniffer but thats all I will say because as far as I know he hasn't been successful doing it yet.

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by matty on 10-21-2004 at 06:45 AM

Blah Blah Blah, don't double post, yada yada yada!

Well everyone its been a few days since dreamweaver reported the bug to me and for me to actually be able to reproduce it. And today I finally did. So needless to say I have a new installer for the plugin. Now if you downloaded it before I stronly suggest you download and install this one.

Just remember if you already have it to close MSN Messenger so you can update the plugin.

Changes to this version:

• Fixed Array Index bug
  • Added "dreamweaver" to testers list
  • Plugin finds extension instead of just looking at the last 4 characters (could cause potential bugs with custom extensions for programs)

Plugin will be posted tomorrow, adding the ability to add your own extensions to sort into folders. Possibly folders as well, we will see.
RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by .Roy on 10-21-2004 at 07:12 AM

i would really enjoy having one of those features...

i always would want to send all my files i recieved to a certain folder..

Like if im trying to help a friend they send me screenshots and pictures and i cant find them so i ask them to send again lol....

Matty get to work :-D

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by matty on 10-21-2004 at 07:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
i would really enjoy having one of those features...

i always would want to send all my files i recieved to a certain folder..

Like if im trying to help a friend they send me screenshots and pictures and i cant find them so i ask them to send again lol....

Matty get to work :-D
Gimme a break its 3am. I am about to get a glass of milk then go to bed. DX, did you want to be able to create your own directories and have specific extensions go into them? Is that what you would prefer? Or just edit the extensions to certain places?
RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by .Roy on 10-21-2004 at 12:30 PM

whose DX

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by matty on 10-21-2004 at 04:23 PM

DX = DangerXone 8-)

Note: Don't change your name, cause we call WDZ DZ, I was just lazy and didn't want to think what I needed to type so DX was the easiest at 3am

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by .Roy on 10-21-2004 at 04:54 PM

hmm maybe i should change my name to Dx if its not taken ;-P sounds good

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by WDZ on 10-21-2004 at 04:55 PM

But DX usually refers to DXtremz. :dodgy:

Anyway, the minimum allowed username length is 3 characters. :refuck:

RE: Feature Request - Incoming Files by matty on 10-22-2004 at 12:17 AM

Ok here guys, I have given you the ability to add in your own paths and extensions, and edit the preexisting ones.

code:
[Folders]
num=6
f1=Programs
f2=Music
f3=Videos
f4=Documents
f5=Compressed
f6=Pictures

[Extensions]
Programs=.exe.bat.dll
Pictures=.jpg.jpeg.bmp.gif.tif.png
Music=.mp3.wma.wav.m3u.mp4.m4a.mp2.mp1
Videos=.avi.mov.mpg.mpg.asf.wmv.asx.mpeg
Documents=.txt.doc.rtf.wpd.php.php2.htm.html.asp.aspx.sql.js.vbs
Compressed=.zip.rar.ace.jar.gz.cab.arj.lzh.tar.gzip.uue.bz2.iso

This is the style of the INI file you have the option of adding more folders and edit extensions.

If you want to add a Folder change num= to the total amount of folders

Under extensions use the new folder name=and all of the extensions you want into the folder and thats it.

Oh when you are adding new Folders Make sure to keep them in order or your going to have a bug mess :P

The commands in the Plugin are
/xorgfiles - organizes files based on INI file
/xorgedit - opens the INI file for editing :)