Shoutbox

Messenger Plus crashes the audio function! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus crashes the audio function! (/showthread.php?tid=33579)

Messenger Plus crashes the audio function! by SaiMui on 10-24-2004 at 08:46 AM

I have just installed Messenger Plus with Stuff plug-NG and since then my audio function is not working.  Well it does, for about 3 secs, then it hangs, and my dial-up connection gets disconnected.  My audio function was working fine before the Messenger Plus installation, so no doubt on firewall settings...

I have tried all sorts of ways:
- Uninstalled Messenger Plus
- Uninstalled and reinstalled MSN Messenger 6.2
- Fixed all problems in Spybot, Adaware
- Rolled back to earlier check point in System restore
- Fixed problems with Norton WinDoctor
- Tried to downgrade back to MSN Messenger 4.7, problem still occurs

What can I do here to have the audio function back?  I am really desperate to have it back.  Can anyone help pleaseeeeee?  =::(

RE: Messenger Plus crashes the audio function! by Choli on 10-24-2004 at 12:07 PM

Try to reinstall Windows Media Player. Messenger Plus has nothing to do with the audio. It only uses the installed codecs to play the sounds but it doesn't modify them in any way.

RE: Messenger Plus crashes the audio function! by Concord Dawn on 10-24-2004 at 02:52 PM

Does your Messenger Plus! sound work?

RE: Messenger Plus crashes the audio function! by Choli on 10-24-2004 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Does your Messenger Plus! sound work?
mine? yes.
SaiMui's? I don't think so. s/he says that his audio is not working so plus' audio shouldn't work either.
RE: Messenger Plus crashes the audio function! by SaiMui on 10-26-2004 at 04:28 AM

Chaotic_Shield, Yes, sound in Messenger Plus! works (when I do a sound emotion, eg. I can hear the yawning...)