Shoutbox

New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip (/showthread.php?tid=33598)

New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by bach_m on 10-24-2004 at 04:46 PM

Well, I'm back from the dead (mostly), and have a great idea and site up now: THe Messenger Plus! Daily Tip!

I was actually talking to one of my friends, and realized that many people do not know about many of the important and useful features of Plus!, and so I decided to start posting a daily (well, almost) Plus! Tip. You can find them at my website, and more specifically the category page.

The first tip is up, and it's about the /clear command. Please post your comments there

Of course, I'd be glad to take your ideas for tips, and you can even write your own tips and i'll post them (probably). You can contact me through my forum profile, or leave a comment at my site. I probably should get some sort of contact form up, and if someone has one for me to use, i'd be greatful, since i have way too much on my plate to write one.

--Mike

RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by Patchou on 10-24-2004 at 10:10 PM

That's definitively a good idea, good luckwith that :).

RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by Guido on 10-25-2004 at 12:37 AM

Great idea (Y)

RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by bach_m on 10-25-2004 at 01:02 AM

Thanx for the support guys!

Guido or Patchou: do u have a better image i can use for the category picture? something like a bigger (100x100ish) :plus2:?

ANd SUggestions for topics would be really helpful!

RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by Chrono on 10-25-2004 at 05:01 AM

its a great idea but could it be added somehow to the plus! site? :grin:

Maybe the site could open a pop up (only once, not on every page u visit :P) with the tip of the day :D

RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by bach_m on 10-25-2004 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
its a great idea but could it be added somehow to the plus! site? :grin:

Maybe the site could open a pop up (only once, not on every page u visit :P) with the tip of the day :D
sounds like a good idea. they ARE under a Creative Commons License...

Here are some ideas I have already:

1. Using Plus! To check GMail accounts
2. Super Fun uses of quicktexts.
3. sound notifications.

Any more? because more hints makes more fun! (wow, that was cheesy)
RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by marissa on 10-25-2004 at 11:06 PM

the quote thing, i knnow a lot of people dont know that exists :p

RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by Guido on 10-25-2004 at 11:12 PM

I'm not sure about having a popup with a tip per day in the site... it's not only annoying, but Plus users aren't supposed to reload the site every day to see if they find something interesting :P

IMO it should replace the current obsolete Tutorials section. After all, there are so many unofficial Plus documentations around the web and the official one is incomplete and outdated; why not encouraging those same volunteers to work in the content for msgPlus.net?

quote:
Guido or Patchou: do u have a better image i can use for the category picture? something like a bigger (100x100ish)
Here:
RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by bach_m on 10-25-2004 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Here:

eggselent :) tnx
RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by Chrono on 10-25-2004 at 11:49 PM

quote:

I'm not sure about having a popup with a tip per day in the site... it's not only annoying, but Plus users aren't supposed to reload the site every day to see if they find something interesting

u dont open a program daily only to check the tip of the day right? ^o)
quote:
IMO it should replace the current obsolete Tutorials section. After all, there are so many unofficial Plus documentations around the web and the official one is incomplete and outdated; why not encouraging those same volunteers to work in the content for msgPlus.net?
Frasie said she was going to update them (she should do it soon though :chrongue:

RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by Concord Dawn on 10-26-2004 at 12:24 AM

Well, how about one for the backgroun/text colour effects? And while your at it, a movie floating that was posted here a while ago should be added, showing people how to do colour nicks.

RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by dotNorma on 10-26-2004 at 01:36 AM

Thats a good idea :o

Almost all of my friends think Messenger Plus! was created for the soul purpose of the sounds (Which are just easter eggs anyway).

RE: New Site: Messenger Plus! Daily Tip by Concord Dawn on 10-26-2004 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
Thats a good idea :o

Almost all of my friends think Messenger Plus! was created for the soul purpose of the sounds (Which are just easter eggs anyway).

Just sounds?!?!? They couldn't be more obvious if they came up and slapped you in the face.

* Concord Dawn slaps NoName's friends around a bit with all of the features in Plus!
[/spam]

I suggest another tip on the /me command. I find that when I do that, people go, "Woah, how'd you do that?"