Shoutbox

how do i know if someone deleted me - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: how do i know if someone deleted me (/showthread.php?tid=33786)

how do i know if someone deleted me by sweetie1655 on 10-28-2004 at 10:52 PM

is there a program that i can download to know if someone blocked/ deleted me?
:) thanks

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by matty on 10-28-2004 at 11:00 PM

Please take a look at this Block checkers DO NOT work

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by banky on 10-28-2004 at 11:27 PM

you can download Stuff-Plug NG wich allows u to be told when u where deleted.or goto Tools---> Options--->privacy tab--> and click  View and look to see if they are listed if not they deleted u

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by .Roy on 10-29-2004 at 05:37 AM

or to make it simple... You can check if people blocked you or deleted you.. Just make another account and message the person and see if hes on.. lol

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by FrozernFire on 10-29-2004 at 05:42 AM

for checking someone who has deleted you, this is SO simple... listcleaner checks for contacts on your list who don't have you on their list

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by eckocomplex on 10-29-2004 at 07:37 AM

MessengerDiscovery[.com] has this feature, plugs straight into Messenger with no messes and you can configure it to alert you about contacts who have deleted you in your conversation window with them.

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by Anubis on 10-29-2004 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
Just make another account and message the person and see if hes on.. lol
No, if the contact has blocked "All Others" this method doesn't work.
quote:
Originally posted by The Don
Tools---> Options--->privacy tab--> and click  View and look to see if they are listed if not they deleted u
Again, no this is not true...
quote:
Originally posted by eckocomplex

MessengerDiscovery[.com] has this feature, plugs straight into Messenger with no messes and you can configure it to alert you about contacts who have deleted you in your conversation window with them.
Yes, this can do it...but you must be online at the time of deletion and it is dodgy and known to crash from time to time...
quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire

for checking someone who has deleted you, this is SO simple... listcleaner checks for contacts on your list who don't have you on their list
I just had a look, and it doesn't look like it does...
quote:
Originally posted by The Don
you can download Stuff-Plug NG wich allows u to be told when u where deleted
The most reliable one to work at the time of blockage, and a very stable plugin...this is the best...
RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by L. Coyote on 10-29-2004 at 02:27 PM

:) There is a method which is true, but it only works to check if someone DELETED you (NOT BLOCKED).

Go to Tools => Options => Privacy.

If you blocked the contact you're checking, go to the right list, and right-click on the contact. If the option Delete is enabled, this contact deleted you. If it's not enabled, this contact has you in their contact list.

If you haven't blocked the contact, go to the left list and right-click on the contact. If the option Delete is enabled, this contact deleted you. If it's not enabled, this contact has you in their contact list.

Delete enabled => You can click on "Delete"

Delete disabled => You can't click on "Delete"

Also, click on the button under both lists, where it tells you who has you on their contact list.

Note: delete is not the same as block. someone might have you on their contact list, but they may have blocked you.

Note: I have tested this with my friends and Polygamy, and it's 100% true.

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by eckocomplex on 10-29-2004 at 10:37 PM

Anubis, there's a feature called 'Delete Detection' from the right-click menu. So you don't need to be online. Do try it :P.

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by sweetie1655 on 10-30-2004 at 03:36 AM

thats so weird, Uglyboy... i dont think its true because when i went to tools =>opinions => privacy and clicked on one of my contacts it said that i cant click on delete, but then that person opened my msn box. :S kinda messed up lol

and Anubis, where can i download the Stuff-Plug NG from?

thanks guys for the effort, i really appreciate it!! mwaz lol

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by Chrono on 10-30-2004 at 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sweetie1655
and Anubis, where can i download the Stuff-Plug NG from?
www.stuffplug.com

it will ask u for a validation code, u can find it on the same website :)
RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by sweetie1655 on 10-30-2004 at 03:50 AM

omg thats soooo sick, but it just tells me when someone deletes me, not when someone already did

RE: RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by L. Coyote on 10-30-2004 at 04:01 AM

quote:
thats so weird, Uglyboy... i dont think its true because when i went to tools =>opinions => privacy and clicked on one of my contacts it said that i cant click on delete, but then that person opened my msn box. :S kinda messed up lol

Uhhh, if you can't click on Delete, the contact has you on their contact list.

What do you mean with "msn box"? :s
RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by sweetie1655 on 10-30-2004 at 04:05 AM

ahh now i get it!
omg i love that msn thingy its sooo cool lol :D
thanks Uglyboy!
and the chrono dude

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by marissa on 10-30-2004 at 04:07 AM

quote:
mg thats soooo sick, but it just tells me when someone deletes me, not when someone already did

If you wanna find out who has deleted you, go to tools> options> privacy.

Go on your access list, and find the name of the contact that you think has deleted you, and rick click their name. If it says "Delete" they have deleted you from your contact list.
(thats the hard way)
You can also download norooms list cleaner (found somewhere on the forums since kaonet is down)
RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by mIzZmEtHoDz on 11-02-2004 at 07:30 AM

messenger discovery WILL tell you, if you are online when they delete you an alert popup thing will tell you that you have been deleted, if you are not online at time of deletion, next time you open a conversation window with that person it will tell you "WARNING <nick> has deleted you"

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by giken on 11-04-2004 at 09:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mIzZmEtHoDz
messenger discovery WILL tell you, if you are online when they delete you an alert popup thing will tell you that you have been deleted, if you are not online at time of deletion, next time you open a conversation window with that person it will tell you "WARNING <nick> has deleted you"

Is it possible to add this feater to stuff-plug?
thanx
RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by funaki on 11-04-2004 at 08:52 PM

amsn(amsn.sf.net) has this feature. after signing in the contacts with a small x on their name means they have deleted u. it is 100% accurate atleast i have found it to be. now what is amsn amsn is another msn clone for all Os out there.it is also opensource so if stuffplugng maker can have a look and see how they did it.
just my 0.002$ :D

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by sweetie1655 on 11-06-2004 at 06:55 PM

ahhh ic ic aiite

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by Millenium_edition on 11-06-2004 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by funaki
amsn(amsn.sf.net) has this feature. after signing in the contacts with a small x on their name means they have deleted u. it is 100% accurate atleast i have found it to be. now what is amsn amsn is another msn clone for all Os out there.it is also opensource so if stuffplugng maker can have a look and see how they did it.
just my 0.002$ :D
want alternatives? get gilly messenger, it has a grey background for contacts who deleted you.
RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by VuDu on 01-12-2005 at 03:54 PM

yes, as we can see both gilly and amsn are able to do that.
but not everyone are willing to stop using the good oficial MSN Messenger.

wouldn't it be a great new feature for Stuffplug's next version?? huh TheBlasphemer?? ;) (Y)(Y)(Y)

8-|

RE: how do i know if someone deleted me by riahc4 on 01-12-2005 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by VuDu
yes, as we can see both gilly and amsn are able to do that.
but not everyone are willing to stop using the good oficial MSN Messenger.

wouldn't it be a great new feature for Stuffplug's next version?? huh TheBlasphemer?? ;) (Y)(Y)(Y)

8-|

TB has said in one of his posts before that its unreliable....i think