Shoutbox

Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? (/showthread.php?tid=33977)

Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? by Groo on 11-02-2004 at 06:01 AM

...Someone told me this exists but I have seen no mention of a plugin like this anywhere (not even sure the protocol supports it)

Thanks!

RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? by Pyroteq on 11-02-2004 at 06:11 AM

Download Stuffplug-NG and then open the convo with them when it notify's you they have opened one, and watch for the user is typing message, providing they havnt patched messenger to shield that from you then you'll know if thier typing.

RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? by mIzZmEtHoDz on 11-02-2004 at 07:17 AM

I have Messenger Discovery, and you can set it to tell you when someone opens a window with you, along with alot of other cool stuff.  New to this so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links on here, but it's easy enough to find on Google.......

RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? by Pyroteq on 11-02-2004 at 08:51 AM

you can post links as long as it isnt advertising, spam or a malicious script e.t.c in this case its fine, your linking to a messenger related program and its related to this topic.

RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? by CookieRevised on 11-02-2004 at 10:04 AM

To the helpers: If you refer people to a program/plugin which can do that, please mention ALL the possebilities. Let the user choose:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=205868#pid205868

RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? by FrozernFire on 11-02-2004 at 01:15 PM

just asking, the new version of openConvo, which one is it? izzit ver 2.1.0?

RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? by Groo on 11-02-2004 at 05:28 PM

Thanks everyone!

I installed Stuff & MessengerDiscovery - both are great. However, Stuff has no logging and Discovery only logs to a window (not a file)... As for OpenConvo, I get an error on that one.

Any way to log (to a file) when a contact opens a chat window?

(Maybe i'm asking for too much, but, hey, it's worth a shot) :)

RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? by CookieRevised on 11-02-2004 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Groo
Any way to log (to a file) when a contact opens a chat window?
OpenConvo

quote:
Originally posted by Groo
As for OpenConvo, I get an error on that one.
Read the OpenConvo thread, mostlikely you don't have Windows Messenger installed, or you don't have the VB6 components installed. Allt his can be found in the OpenConvo thread.

RE: Any way to know when a contact opens a chat window with you but then doesn't type? by eckocomplex on 11-03-2004 at 03:11 AM

Right click on the MessengerDiscovery tray icon and select 'Log...' ;).