Shoutbox

plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY (/showthread.php?tid=35202)

plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by zaidgs on 12-04-2004 at 12:01 AM

well, before the days of msn7 there was nothing like signing in offline (without patching) in messenger. the way its implemented now in msn7 requires that u specify "offline" before signing-in, and people who rely on automatic signing-in (like me) will not very happy with this new feature.
i think plus can now without changing the exe (sure i cannot be sure) set "offline" (or a chosen status) as default instead of "online"

maybe this better be suggested to microsoft, actually i will do that too.

just consider.

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by user27089 on 12-04-2004 at 02:13 AM

I don't really see any use of implementing the into any software really, Not every one likes this feature, and if its set to default then it may annoy some people quite a bit, why can't you just use the appear offline feature on Messenger 7.0, like most people do. It won't be implemented sorry; for the mere reason that it has no use here.

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by GameGuy on 12-04-2004 at 04:19 AM

I don't see this very useful.

MSN Messenger 7.0 already allows you to sign in as "Offline"....I don't really get the point :S.

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by John on 12-04-2004 at 06:48 AM

He's not asking Patchou to make a "sign in as Appear Offline" feature, he's asking for there to be an option to sign in as "Appear Offline" when MSN Messenger signs you in automatically. You can set MSN Messenger up so that it signs you in automatically when it is started or when you have an internet connection, what zaidgs wants is to not have it sign in as Online when it signs you in automatically, but to be able to have it sign in as "Appear Offline" (or any other status) when it signs you in automatically. I think it's quite a nice idea but i doubt that Patchou will do it considering he would have to change things in the .exe, which is illegal. So I hope his request at Microsoft gets granted.

Traxor: It could always be implemented as an option (like many things in Plus!), so people who don't like it don't have to use it.

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by ddunk on 12-04-2004 at 07:18 AM

The problem here though is preferences aren't loaded until one is signed in. So this can't be done in plus, it'd have to be a patch/external program.

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by riley on 12-04-2004 at 10:50 AM

hmmz i think it just should remember the last status used when you sign-in .. that wouldn't be too difficult (not using the status when last time signing out like dj-m plugin!)

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by zaidgs on 12-04-2004 at 11:05 AM

i think that now in msn7, it will be much easier to set the sign-in offline without changing the exe, because the biggest part of this feature is already implemented in msn7. this feature is meant for msn7.

Jaguar got it right, i set messenger to sign-in automatically and this signs me in as online.

i sent feed-back to microsoft saying:

quote:
Specifying the status before signing-in to msn messenger is a great feature.
The users who use automatic signing-in will not benefit from this feature because the default signing-in status is 'online', so there should be a way to customize this behaviour, such that a customizable default status is set when the messenger signs-in automatically
Thanks for your patience, hope thats this suggestion will be includeded in the final release of MSN messenger 7.0.

honestly, i feel like microsoft doesnot pay attention to suggestion as much as patchou does, thats why i sent this suggestion over here too.
RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by Protocol on 12-06-2004 at 08:57 AM

MSNProxy worked fine until 7.0 Beta. But now it is broken. I would like this feature also.

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by zaidgs on 12-07-2004 at 11:02 PM

today i thought: why not try some vb code .....
it was simple, make a new project, just add to references "messenger api type library", and include this vbcode:

code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim x As New Messenger

x.MyStatus = MISTATUS_INVISIBLE

DoEvents: DoEvents: DoEvents: DoEvents

Unload Me

End Sub

simple and effective, REALLY effective.
if i run this program before the automatic (actually automatic or not) signing-in OR during it, i sign-in as offline.
to further test the legality and reasonability of this code, i uninstalled msn 7.0, and then installed msn 6.2: it DID NOT work out, which means that the code ACTUALLY WORK.
in other words:
this api call now works! well, only for msn7: which is what this topic is all about.
Patchou please try it out, i am pretty sure this feature can be implemented with few lines of code, and without the need for changing the exe, or anything illegal.
Patchou?

[ Note: the label of the pull down menu where u chose your status, will stay "Online", however, when u sign-in, u'll be signed in as "offline" ]

EDIT: can anyone help me make a temorary fix for this problem:
the idea is simple: when begining of signing-in event happens, the above code is run. how can i recieve such an event?

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by zaidgs on 12-15-2004 at 11:37 PM

anybody else sees what i see ?!?!
or am i missing something ?!

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by saralk on 12-22-2004 at 01:56 PM

I understand what zaidgs wants to be implemented (i think). Untill now signing in offline was not going to be in Plus! because it included messing around with the protocol, but since you can now sign in offline without changing the protocol, the feature should now be implemented

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by Phrive on 12-22-2004 at 04:34 PM

Couldnt you change the Sign in Online And put Offline in its place, Nega patch did the same thing but it switched them in the actually messenger, which was kknda annoying

But the way i said would be fine and wouldnt affect you

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by zaidgs on 12-22-2004 at 07:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phrive
Couldnt you change the Sign in Online And put Offline in its place, Nega patch did the same thing but it switched them in the actually messenger, which was kknda annoying

But the way i said would be fine and wouldnt affect you
you dont seem to understand the concept that: msn7 is not msn6 and an arguement that is valid for msn6 is not nessarily valid for msn7 :S:S:S:S

PS: i wish i could hear from patchou .... :drool:
RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by Anubis on 12-22-2004 at 07:41 PM

Why should this be implemented? I mean MSN Messenger 7 is going to be released in the not to distant future, what use is this for the few months it'll be useful for...

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by zaidgs on 12-22-2004 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Why should this be implemented? I mean MSN Messenger 7 is going to be released in the not to distant future, what use is this for the few months it'll be useful for...
quote:
Originally posted by zaidgs
now in msn7 requires that u specify "offline" **_before_** signing-in, and people who rely on automatic signing-in (like me) will not very happy with this new feature.

the keywords: (1)before, (2)automatic signing-in
in other words: i use automatic signing-in, because i dont want to
fix options before signing-in as this eliminates the idea of "automatic".
now, will you want to be signed-in automatically AND as online?, not me, and probably many will agree. i want to be signed-in automatically but offline (or anyother status i specify in the options)

RE: plus beta suggestion: sign-in offline AUTOMATICALLY by flukemanguy on 12-23-2004 at 10:41 AM

Microsoft should of made a default "Sign in offline" C'mon plus beat them to it!!(Y):D