Shoutbox

msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta (/showthread.php?tid=35231)

msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by MsN tEh BeSt!! on 12-04-2004 at 08:30 PM

hiya! plz help me!! well i installed msn 7 a few days back and it worked fine and all. but earlier today i installed the msg plus beta version and now i can sign in but as soon as i click on a contact or recieve a message and open the window, msn exits itself completley. it is really annoying me :( but i want to use msn 7 and msg plus! and i have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled them twice with no afftect! i can use windows messenger though but plz help me!! thanks!! claire x x x x

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by Tochjo on 12-04-2004 at 08:44 PM

Can you uninstall Messenger Plus! to see if the problem still occurs? If not, it's not Messenger Plus! that's causing the problem. If so, does it happen with the default settings?

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by MsN tEh BeSt!! on 12-04-2004 at 08:51 PM

i uninstalled messenger plus and now its fine. so its plus thats causing the problem but is there anyway of solving the problem as i would like to continue using msn 7 and use messenger plus. thanks in advance!! xxxx

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by Tochjo on 12-04-2004 at 08:53 PM

Reinstall Messenger Plus! and use the default settings (Plus! > Preferences > Reset) and make sure you have no plugins enabled. Does the problem still occur then?

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by MsN tEh BeSt!! on 12-04-2004 at 09:01 PM

i reinstalled plus and reset the settings, and made sure there were no plugins and the problem is still occuring :S so what now?!?! thanks in advance!!

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by Tochjo on 12-04-2004 at 09:17 PM

I can't help you with that, sorry. Maybe someone else knows, otherwise Patchou should take a look at it.

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by haboozin on 12-05-2004 at 10:29 PM

I have a similar problem:8o|

I cannot open any IM windows like i double click on someone or go to "Start a conversation with...." option, but no matter what i do i can't open an IM window.

I have tried numorous versions of MSN Messenger (6 --->7 ) but non of them work.

I then discovered that this only happens with my USERNAME!!!!

eg, if a mate of mine logs in MSN Messenger on my computer, it is completely normal for him....

I even get the toasts when people send me messages but no IM window opens!!
MSGPLUS even logs my chats...

I have tried uninstalling --> reinstalling MSGPLUS but nothing works...

i just want my msn messenger back! :'(
I'm currently using the crappy windows messenger.

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by Patchou on 12-05-2004 at 10:35 PM

MsN tEh BeSt!! : can you send me an email? we'll work on that problem together.
mplus@patchou.com

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by CookieRevised on 12-05-2004 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
MsN tEh BeSt!! : can you send me an email? we'll work on that problem together.
mplus@patchou.com
MzShUsXy has the same problem: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=35274
RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by MsN tEh BeSt!! on 12-08-2004 at 05:03 PM

hiya, i found that my problem was that smiley central was installed. i didnt realise it at first though. but i uninstalled smiley central and now msn and msg plus work fine. sorry about the late reply. thanks!

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by wason der on 12-22-2004 at 02:19 AM

how do i uninstall smily centeral baecause im havoin the smae problem with Messenger Plus as MsN TeH BeSt but the problem is now that i dont know how tro uninstall it could some 1 hlp me please ?

RE: msn beta and Messenger Plus! beta by Tochjo on 12-22-2004 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wason der
how do i uninstall smily centeral
Take a look at http://help.smileycentral.com/un_install.html :)