Shoutbox

custom names turns into email by itself - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: custom names turns into email by itself (/showthread.php?tid=35309)

custom names turns into email by itself by gnownoskcid on 12-06-2004 at 02:27 PM

i downloaded and installed MSN Messenger 7.0 public beta and msgPlus 3.40 two nights ago and everything worked great! Everything was working just like they should.

Then, today, I got curious and went around "exploring", trying out options i usually don't use in MSN messenger. Since I usually custom names, the "view contact by" option is set to "email address" by msgPlus. I was curious, so I pressed the other option - "Display Name". All the contact names turn into their display names as they should. But when I choose "by email" again, instead of showing the custom names, all the emails are shown! I promptly when to plus!->preferences->contact_list->custom_name. But the checkbox with "display custom contact name" is already selected. I unchecked it, press ok, then check it back, and press ok. but the email remained.... I finally closed MSN Messenger proccess and run it again and things turn back normal.

HOWEVER, after running msn messenger for 2-3 hours, suddently, instead of getting toasts with the custom names, suddently the toasts are displayed as email addresses. The 2-3 hours before this happening, everything is normal. After this "toast by email" when i open the contact list, the contacts all turn back into email addresses. and i have to restart messenger to get back to normal.

This has happened repeatedly for about 4 or 5 times since my little "exploration incident".

I'm using:
-MSN Messenger 7.0.0425
-msgPlus 3.40.112
-winXP pro

RE: custom names turns into email by itself by Xero_Cool on 12-06-2004 at 02:37 PM

Did you hit "Apply"?

Same thing happened to me. I think this is a bug :).

RE: custom names turns into email by itself by CookieRevised on 12-06-2004 at 02:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xero_Cool
Did you hit "Apply"?
quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
I unchecked it, press ok, then check it back, and press ok.
"Ok" has the same effect as "apply", only that "Ok" also exits the preferences panel.

PS: Why the screenshot? Firstly it doesn't "proof"/show anything, secondly it contains emails from your contacts. (post also reported for that)

remove the screenshot ASAP!!