Shoutbox

[split] [beta] nickname color - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [split] [beta] nickname color (/showthread.php?tid=35361)

RE: New version - try it! by iemanduitnederland on 12-07-2004 at 04:45 PM

Dear Patchou,

First of all, I wanna say that MSG-Plus KICKS ASS !! (Y)

<<<<<---------!! BUT !!------------>>>>>

I think i found a bug ...

MSN Messenger version 7.0.0425
MSG Plus version: 3.40.122  BETA

Since MSN 7 you added the option that nicknames with colors also were shown in color in the contact list...
This is my problem....

Sometimes when I open the MSN main screen, the nicknames are in colour...but sometimes when I open the main screen, it's NOT in color, but in nickname style

I'll use my own nickname as an example:

* If it's the right way, With color, it looks like this:

|| † RvD † || It's a Sharp World Out There... Everyone Gets Cut... Some Just Choose To | My Wrists ? Scars Of Life ||

When it fails to show the color, my nickname looks like this in the contact list:

·#·$1·$1|| † RvD † || It's a Sharp World Out There... Everyone Gets Cut... Some Just Choose To | My Wrists ? Scars Of Life ||

If you need more info, I'll hear it.....

Looking forward to hear from you....

Greetz, Rick :o)

RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by Mak on 01-10-2005 at 06:01 AM

Did u change the colour by:
Right licking on the contact, then go to Messenger Plus! Extras>
then rename contact, then highlighting the contact and then pressing alt+k and then choosing the colour. Because thats how i did it and it works perfectly.

Well, hope it helps.

RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by find_your_spot on 01-10-2005 at 07:52 AM

I have sometimes the same problem, but if i open and close my msn messenger 7 it's gone for some minuts.

Maybe Patchou can fix it

RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by marissa on 01-10-2005 at 02:24 PM

Do you see the "Plus!" thing beside help at the top of the contact list?

Its probably because when you start up msn7, msgplus isnt hooked, or if you have msn7 on startup for your computer, msgplus might only load after (To make sure that doesnt happen again, go to Plus> Preferences> General Options> Miscellaneous. and check the box beside "Force Messenger Plus! to start when computer starts") Thats why you can only see colours when you restart msn messenger, msgplus could be running, just not hooked to msn or wahtever.

RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by IcyAngel on 01-15-2005 at 08:53 AM

It's happened to me for a few times now...but if you sign out and sign out again...or restart MSN, it'll be alright ^__^

RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by haydos on 01-17-2005 at 07:01 AM

This only happens bcuz Plus! has not loaded

RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by Flames on 01-18-2005 at 04:25 AM

not really, it happens even Messenger Plus is loaded.. sometimes when i re-open the msn window, the problem is gone. but for once though..
this problem still bothers me now

RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by iemanduitnederland on 01-19-2005 at 12:52 PM

OMG what the heel do you think, I'm a sort of idiot? DUH Messenger Plus is loaded...and still fucks down the colours in the contact list....so dont start playing the wise-ass

RE: RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by haydos on 01-20-2005 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iemanduitnederland
OMG what the heel do you think, I'm a sort of idiot? DUH Messenger Plus is loaded...and still fucks down the colours in the contact list....so dont start playing the wise-ass

lol settle down mate i dont think ne1 is tryin 2 b a smartass... if u leave it 4 a while(shouldnt take 2 long mine usually takes like 5secs) it should change bak 2 colour by itself
RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by iemanduitnederland on 01-21-2005 at 09:44 AM

Whatever..... yes, it changes back...sometimes.... But it could be a memory leak as well.... Hope Patchou will fix it in MSG Plus 3.50...damn, can't wait till it is released ! 8-|

Anyway....  I'm not mad at you, but don't treat me like an idiot plz  ^o)

Grtz RvD  (A)

RE: [split] [beta] nickname color by Phrive on 01-21-2005 at 11:26 AM

I have had this, if you have polygamy, Messenger opens twice at startup, you exit one, and that is when i get that problem, then what i do is close both instances of messenger, and its fine

Anyone else noticed this?