Shoutbox

I can't sign in with ANY account... please help? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I can't sign in with ANY account... please help? (/showthread.php?tid=35632)

I can't sign in with ANY account... please help? by creamandpeaches on 12-14-2004 at 10:54 PM

Whenever i try to sign in, (and not just with MY hotmail account, when ANYONE tries to sign in) it says "Signing in to .NET Messenger Service failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist. If you have forgotten your password, click Help in the main window, and then click Help Topics." My account works on other computers... how can I fix this?

I use Windows Messenger, because my computer won't let me install MSN Messenger; it shows a strange error.

RE: I can't sign in with ANY account... please help? by Sunshine on 12-14-2004 at 11:09 PM

This might fix it:

Start > Run
type: regsvr32 softpub.dll
click OK

If that doesn't work have a look at the first two posts in:
"We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger" (0x81000370)

quote:
I use Windows Messenger, because my computer won't let me install MSN Messenger; it shows a strange error.
Wich error exactly, and do you still get that error when you try to install MSN Messenger after you've done the above?
RE: I can't sign in with ANY account... please help? by creamandpeaches on 12-19-2004 at 10:13 PM

YAY it worked! Thank you so much. :)

RE: I can't sign in with ANY account... please help? by _Humphreys on 12-19-2004 at 10:15 PM

Sorry I am going a bit off-topic here but what does this actually do :

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
This might fix it:

Start > Run
click OK
? It would be appreciated if someone could tell me. :)
RE: I can't sign in with ANY account... please help? by Sunshine on 12-19-2004 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
Sorry I am going a bit off-topic here but what does this actually do :

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
This might fix it:

Start > Run
click OK
? It would be appreciated if someone could tell me. :)
softpub.dll is needed for digital signatures, if this got damaged somehow you get all kinds of problems. Reregistering will fix it and thats exactly what that command does ;)

More info here.

Edit: yw creamandpeaches and Attitude Extreme :D