Shoutbox

MSN keeps freezeing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN keeps freezeing (/showthread.php?tid=36124)

MSN keeps freezeing by hectorse on 12-28-2004 at 11:55 PM

Hi, i am truly desperate, Yesterday i was chatting on just as everyday, but today whn i started my computer, i saw that my msn 6.2.0137 just froze in place after signing in...

I tried almost everything...reinstalling, installing, restarting, updating, drivers, closed almost all background proccesses, cleaning reg, cookies, downloaded 7.beta, nothing, just froze after signing in.

Then i Downloaded the windows messenger (wich i had uninstalled some time ago) but i didn't even open the window.

After much thinking, and no chatting, i just downloaded this sucker that is Miranda... let's just say i don't see the time a go back to msn.

What can i do?????how do i make it usabel again? i am seriously thinking of formating

or in case nothing works, is there a nice "friendly" multi-chat-services out there?

i will really apreciate any help you may give

RE: MSN keeps freezeing by f1d0d1d08989 on 12-29-2004 at 03:47 AM

If you want, you can use Trillian, which can let you sign into MSN...Or perhaps the MSN Web Messenger?

But, did you install anything that could have caused this?

Or maybe you can try a system restart. Couldnt think of any solutions; post here ltr when I thought of it...:D

RE: MSN keeps freezeing by hectorse on 12-29-2004 at 04:19 AM

Well, obviously something went VERY wrong as to cause permanent damage to the msn and nothing else...I've been seriously thinking about a sys restart, as i just formated the computer a week ago...then this problem is just a day old, maybe tomorrow it will be quickly fixed. I just don{t have gigs and gigs of info...

but i wilkl have to instal world of warcraft again wich is a shore

RE: MSN keeps freezeing by Anubis on 12-29-2004 at 09:33 AM

Do you use Windows XP?
If so do the following;
Start > Help and Support > Undo changes to your computer using system restore > Restore by computer to an earlier time > Next > Pick a date before this started happening (a day or two before it started should do it) > Next > Then just follow it through...