Shoutbox

MSN 6.2 installs itself [with screenshot] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN 6.2 installs itself [with screenshot] (/showthread.php?tid=36363)

MSN 6.2 installs itself [with screenshot] by Wizzie on 01-03-2005 at 09:50 AM

Hi,

I've got this problem that 2 of the 3 times I start Messenger 6.2, the program is 'installing itself' again... I think the screenshot makes clear what I mean.

Now, this problem came back even after I cleaned up my pc. (format)

I've tried MSN 7 but I don't like it, so I want to stick to 6.2, but this 'problem' is very annoying.

So, how do I get rid of this install thing? I tried to reinstall messenger, ánd a format of my entire C: drive.

Please help 8-|

RE: MSN 6.2 installs itself [with screenshot] by Anubis on 01-03-2005 at 10:23 AM

Do you add anything extra onto MSN Messenger when you install it, like patches and the like...?
Do you always install it from the official website?
And it's unclear; does this problem happen on version 7?

RE: MSN 6.2 installs itself [with screenshot] by Wizzie on 01-03-2005 at 11:49 AM

I don't know if I also got the problem with 7, but I don't want to use it.

RE: MSN 6.2 installs itself [with screenshot] by CookieRevised on 01-03-2005 at 09:32 PM

The simple reason why it installs itself again and again, is because something has corrupted the installed files. You might want to check if your HDD isn't damaged, if you don't have any virusses, if you don't have any other memory redisent tools/monitors that conflict with proper filecreating and stuff, etc...

RE: MSN 6.2 installs itself [with screenshot] by Wizzie on 01-04-2005 at 11:38 AM

Thanks dude! I'll try to reinstall MSN 6.2

Btw, a friend of mine is MSN 7 addict, and he wants me to install MSN 7 too, but I don't want to do that. Reason is that I get that annoying bug with MSN handwriting.

After a long conversation I get the message "could not deliver *text*" Blabla :(