Shoutbox

Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus (/showthread.php?tid=36384)

Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by aNILEator on 01-03-2005 at 08:55 PM

Well i've been speaking to alot of people and I've tried every tabbing plugin and application.

And i for one would really like to see this as a feature within plus!

I know that many other people would love to see this introduced in a later version of plus.

i tried to make this a poll but couldn't find the option anywhere (feeling noobish)

anyway I'd love to see patchou's twist on the tabs, and really hope that he continues to provide an excellent add on for the whole world :-)

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by JeePee on 01-03-2005 at 10:55 PM

There is another threath with a pol for a similar request at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=36278&page=1. Also vote there please...

Attached is a screen shot from Trillian that offers a 'container' with or without the tabbed chat sessions. The screen shot shows the container in two ways. The top most one is the container with tabs enabled, the lower one the same but with tabs disabled. With tabs enabled, when a session is out of focus because you are talking in another session, there is a sound and the tab header of sessions with new unread messages turns red. To see for your self, download and install Trillian from http://www.trillian.cc/

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by aNILEator on 01-10-2005 at 05:50 PM

Its very strange that no one has posted and only 18 people have voted in this thread.

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by The Napster on 01-10-2005 at 06:12 PM

yeah , i would, although there is already an extension for this.

And its called Stufplug-NG :p

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by GiantSpider on 01-10-2005 at 06:15 PM

Or Cameno

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by Jhrono on 01-10-2005 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Napster

yeah , i would, although there is already an extension for this.

And its called Stufplug-NG

there's a plugin i use it was posted here..tabbed msn:S
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22814&page=1
RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by aNILEator on 01-10-2005 at 08:36 PM

yes but they are no longer in production and not really that stable. i currently use cameno.

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by Purity on 01-11-2005 at 04:06 AM

It really needs to be in plus.

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by aNILEator on 01-11-2005 at 04:07 PM

I believe this too, this way patchou can modify it and make it usable and hopefully bug free. rather than us depending on developers to continue coding their apps/plugins

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by XM4ST3RX on 01-12-2005 at 03:40 AM

Hi,

I must admit like, if Patchou was up for it.. i would fully support it... i liked the ones which the plugins provided... but i'd prefer to see a nice, fast, stable one in plus with a nice few options for configuration of the tabs etc.... customizability! :P

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by Concord Dawn on 01-12-2005 at 03:48 AM

I think that the problem with plugins/add-ons is that they will never be compatible with Boss Protection the way they would be if Patchou coded them, for obvious reasons. TB, I love SPNG and can't wait for the relase of SPNG2, but I don't really like the tabbed conversations in it. I hope that SPNG2 has an improvement. I'd be extremely glad to see this as a part of Plus! because it means that the most uber programmer made his mark again!

:bow: to Patchou.

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by aNILEator on 01-12-2005 at 04:15 PM

yeah thats another reason boss protection and locking convo's

Please vote Yes in this thread, i know i used to get pissed off with the lack of boss protection.

[Image: bow.gif] come on patchou :gfdrin:

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by M73A on 01-12-2005 at 09:00 PM

i  dont mind the one in Stuffplug NG wud b gd if u cud customize things about it. but thats probs complicated to program.

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by Patchou on 01-12-2005 at 10:46 PM

Well, for now, I'm leaving this feature in thehands of TB and StuffPlug. I could reconsider it but I really have not enough time right now to add this new feature. As for being compatiblewith the Boss Protection and Lock Messenger features, in case this would interest somebody (TB?), Plus! broadcasts a message in Windows when entering and leaving these modes:

RegisterWindowMessage(_T("MessengerPlus_ModeChange"));
wParam = 1 for boss-protect, 2 for lock messenger
lParam = 1 when entering mode, 0 when leavingmode

This was added in Plus! 1 for Ginge and it's still perfectly functionnal so you can use it to detect the mode changes :).

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by _Humphreys on 01-12-2005 at 11:07 PM

SPNG's Tab's are fine now except you have to close all of the tab's at once if you want to come out of a convo.

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by aNILEator on 01-13-2005 at 04:33 PM

i recently developped errors with the tabs where the actual tab is not removed so i am left with a blank tab/full container :(

I wonder if TB has seen that code yet? (will re-direct him if not)

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by TheBlasphemer on 01-13-2005 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, for now, I'm leaving this feature in thehands of TB and StuffPlug. I could reconsider it but I really have not enough time right now to add this new feature. As for being compatiblewith the Boss Protection and Lock Messenger features, in case this would interest somebody (TB?), Plus! broadcasts a message in Windows when entering and leaving these modes:

This was added in Plus! 1 for Ginge and it's still perfectly functionnal so you can use it to detect the mode changes :).

Ah :D
I knew that I was the one that would have to do tabbed convos (we talked about it),
but I never got those windows messages :)
ty :D
RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by riahc4 on 01-14-2005 at 06:26 PM

quote:

This was added in Plus! 1 for Ginge and it's still perfectly functionnal so you can use it to detect the mode changes

WOW i thought this was gonna be the big feature that Patchou was bringing to Plus!....i guess i was wrong....What could it be..
RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by bodejodel on 02-14-2005 at 08:22 AM

None of the tabbed Convo plugins work here...
The one in stuffplug NG worked but in the new version I can't find it...
So I'd love to see a tabbed convo option in Plus!
It is one of the few plugins I actually find usefull, the rest is just for fun...

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by x2zen on 02-14-2005 at 08:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bodejodel
The one in stuffplug NG worked but in the new version I can't find it...
It was taken out, but it will be back maybe in ver. 2.1, but better expect it in ver. 2.2
RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by bodejodel on 02-14-2005 at 08:34 AM

I hope so... it really kept my screen nice and tidy... I HATE having 6 windows flashing just for talking to my friends...

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by Joel4119 on 02-15-2005 at 04:22 AM

Yeah, it would be awesome if Patchou could also include a little icon next to the contact name in each tab that lights up when a contact is writing a message and flashes when the message is received. Just like in DeadAim.

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by Concord Dawn on 02-15-2005 at 04:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joel4119
Yeah, it would be awesome if Patchou could also include a little icon next to the contact name in each tab that lights up when a contact is writing a message and flashes when the message is received. Just like in DeadAim.

Please read the thread. Patchou said that he was going to leave the tabbed convos in TB and SPNG's hands.

quote:

RE: Request for Tabbed Instant Messages in Plus by aNILEator on 02-15-2005 at 07:14 PM

Well TB only wants it to stay popular with the tabbers :P

and we have Custom Sounds to play with now(shortly) so I'm still using ye olde cameno