Shoutbox

Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin (/showthread.php?tid=36435)

Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin by plus_2k on 01-04-2005 at 09:13 PM

I want to check if someone has blocked me on msn. And I would like to have to option installed on my computer, and not have to look up a site on the internet..

Does anyone know if such a plugin is available for MSN messenger, and where can I get it?

Thanks
plus_2k

RE: Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin by andrey on 01-04-2005 at 09:17 PM

Block Checkers don't work anymore, please see Block checkers DO NOT work

RE: Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin by Mike on 01-04-2005 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
Block Checkers don't work anymore, please see Block checkers DO NOT work
If you read in that thread...
quote:
Originally posted by That thread
Now there is an option to only allow people on your allow list to see your status and send you messages. Ifthis option is on, block checkers will always detect that contact as being offline, even if he/she is in fact online: simply because the block checker is not on your allow list.
So that means that block checkers DO work if the user you are trying to see if he/she has blcoked you has the feature described above is enabled...

RE: Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin by L. Coyote on 01-04-2005 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
If you read in that thread...
quote:
Originally posted by That thread
Now there is an option to only allow people on your allow list to see your status and send you messages. Ifthis option is on, block checkers will always detect that contact as being offline, even if he/she is in fact online: simply because the block checker is not on your allow list.
So that means that block checkers DO work if the user you are trying to see if he/she has blcoked you has the feature described above is enabled...
Yes, but it's not accurate (sp?). You can't tell if the person is offline or blocking you.
RE: Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin by Plik on 01-04-2005 at 09:58 PM

But because you cant tell if that is enabled the results are unreliable. For example:
The block checker says that the user is offline although they have the option turned off and are actially blocking you. So you believe they are actially offline.
OR
The user is actially offline but you think they might have the option on so you still thing they might have blocked you.

Damn Uglyboys faster than me

RE: Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin by andrey on 01-04-2005 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
...which is disabled by default (I think)
And even if they might work under certain circumstances, the results are still highly unreliable.
Saying that they don't work is easier and does not confuse people because you can't tell if the person has the feature enabled.

Damn, I'm too late :-/
RE: Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin by Stephan123 on 01-05-2005 at 10:23 PM

but i have a bot in my msn that says i'm online and that script have i placed on internet to people to see my msn status,is that a block checker

RE: Looking for a block-/status-Checker plugin by CookieRevised on 01-05-2005 at 10:40 PM

not realy. The bot you've created will check your status only. Most likely  you have that bot in your contact list and you will not block it, so it will always get accurate information from you. Other people can check this bot to see your real status. In a way this is your personal status indicator.

But this is not, by far, a block checker though...