Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Modify name by textfile - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [Suggestion] Modify name by textfile (/showthread.php?tid=36840)

[Suggestion] Modify name by textfile by altaphista on 01-11-2005 at 07:04 PM

Is it possible to modify your msn name through a line of text in a specified textfile? And a update every x seconds/minutes. And can anybody program this easily :$? :)

Example: i have a textfile on my hdd/webserver with the outside air temperature (f.e. 20 degr. Celcius) and I want to have that displayed as my MSN name. It then becomes 'Altaphista - OAT 20 degrees'.

RE: [Suggestion] Modify name by textfile by dotNorma on 01-11-2005 at 11:11 PM

It is possible , its all easy except setting the actual MSN name which isn't possible easily. Once TB releases his StuffPlug 2 , I might make this because he has a nice little change nick API. :)

RE: [Suggestion] Modify name by textfile by altaphista on 01-11-2005 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
possible , its all easy except setting the actual MSN name which isn't possible easily. Once TB releases his StuffPlug 2 , I might make this because he has a nice little change nick API. 
ah ok :) looking forward to the plugin then.
But why is it so difficult to change the name? I know that the winamp plugin (mpwinamp) for example uses the nickchange too and refreshes every x seconds.

RE: [Suggestion] Modify name by textfile by Plik on 01-11-2005 at 11:26 PM

If your using a plugin cant you just use the "setnewname" function with the plus API?

RE: [Suggestion] Modify name by textfile by TheBlasphemer on 01-12-2005 at 06:06 AM

Yeah, was just about the mention that, the new Plus! API "stole" this feature :P

RE: [Suggestion] Modify name by textfile by matty on 01-12-2005 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Yeah, was just about the mention that, the new Plus! API "stole" this feature :P

No he didn't because I told Patchou he should add it around the new time Patch decided to release the public beta... SPNG2 wasn't even in progress yet...

And yes you can use SetNewName as long as the Plugin is calling it or esle Plus! will disregard it for security reasons.
RE: [Suggestion] Modify name by textfile by TheBlasphemer on 01-12-2005 at 03:06 PM

The function was in SPNG1 too ;)
but I put the "stole" between ""'s for a reason :P
go figure ;)

RE: [Suggestion] Modify name by textfile by Munty on 01-12-2005 at 03:38 PM

This is a  really good suggestion.

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Modify name by textfile by altaphista on 01-12-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Qaxpla
This is a  really good suggestion.

:D thnx. Hopefull someone can work it out with very little effort... (I'm not that good in programming :S :) )