Shoutbox

see people that have blocked me - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: see people that have blocked me (/showthread.php?tid=36914)

see people that have blocked me by sanaa on 01-13-2005 at 03:02 AM

I was wondering if there is a way to know when s.o blocks me without deleting me... you know.. they still show on my who-has-added-me list but how can I know if am blocked or no ? could anyone tell me please ? .. *-)

RE: see people that have blocked me by L. Coyote on 01-13-2005 at 03:08 AM

It is not possible to see if someone blocked you.

The only way is to ask the person.

Edit: You can also check this thread if you're interested in seeing some in-deph information about this.

RE: see people that have blocked me by sanaa on 01-13-2005 at 03:11 AM

ok.. thanx anyway ..

RE: see people that have blocked me by Hank on 01-13-2005 at 06:51 AM

i think Gaim shows you that what Contact  blocked you

RE: see people that have blocked me by _Humphreys on 01-13-2005 at 08:19 AM

Just make a new account with that person as a contact and see if they are online on that if so they have blocked you.

RE: RE: see people that have blocked me by Geniuzzz on 01-13-2005 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Just make a new account with that person as a contact and see if they are online on that if so they have blocked you.

I think this only works if that person has not checked the option "only people on my allow list can see my status...

RE: see people that have blocked me by _Humphreys on 01-13-2005 at 11:39 AM

Well if it's an old account and the person is your friend you should have him added. :P But if he hasn't added you on this account and he has all other people blocked then he'll appear offline (same as a block).

RE: see people that have blocked me by Plik on 01-13-2005 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geniuzzz
I think this only works if that person has not checked the option "only people on my allow list can see my status...
In that case the block checkers would work.
because this is exactly what block checkers to.
RE: see people that have blocked me by sanaa on 01-14-2005 at 02:08 AM

I think some of you did not get my point nice people :)
when am or not on s.o's list then i can find it out simply by checking the "list-of-people-who-added-me", this is easy ... my request is: I wanna know whether s.o blockes me but still keeps me on his list, 'cause in this case I keep seeing him "offline" and on he's in my list-of-people-who-added-me.. so I wanna know if am "blocked", not if am "blocked+deleted" ;) so plz could anyone tell me ? .. *-)
Otherwise I tried the Gaim but I can see it allows me to see the properties of s.o, but the field "blocked" shows if I've blocked this person, not if they have blocked me..

RE: see people that have blocked me by Concord Dawn on 01-14-2005 at 02:13 AM

Not possible. Microsoft fixed the hole in MSN that let people use block checkers. Now block checkers are unreliable and most have been taken down. The only way to check if someone has blocked you is to create another account and pretend to be someone else and see if they are online.

RE: see people that have blocked me by Chestah on 01-14-2005 at 02:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Not possible. Microsoft fixed the hole in MSN that let people use block checkers. Now block checkers are unreliable and most have been taken down. The only way to check if someone has blocked you is to create another account and pretend to be someone else and see if they are online.

Which is definitly a good thing! People block others for a reason! and if you can find out if they've blocked you then that in some occasions ruins the feature itself!
RE: see people that have blocked me by L. Coyote on 01-14-2005 at 03:17 AM

People, please. I see everyone repeating the same things.

The reason why my answer was short is because the block checkers don't work, the second account trick does not work generally, and it's actually easier to just say: it is not possible.

This way, we don't confuse the person.

There is no possible way to know if a contact has blocked you.

(Y)

RE: see people that have blocked me by Chestah on 01-14-2005 at 03:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo

There is no possible way to know if a contact has blocked you.

(Y)
Exactly
RE: see people that have blocked me by sanaa on 01-14-2005 at 03:47 PM

Okey.. I see... Thanks everyone :)
Have a weekend ;)

I mean have a Great weekend :)