Shoutbox

Would you rather have an all-in-on device, or seperate devices? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Would you rather have an all-in-on device, or seperate devices? (/showthread.php?tid=37103)

Would you rather have an all-in-on device, or seperate devices? by .blade// on 01-17-2005 at 07:06 PM

After reading and replying to this thread a number of times, it got me to thinking. Would you guys rather have several devices that work really well and have lots of features, or an all-in-one device with less over-all features?

For example, I have a cell phone, a PSP pre-ordered, and am going to buy an  Ipod Mini Generation when they come out. Would you rather have all those (keeping in mind you have to pay full price for them. The cell phone was $100, the PSP is about $200-$250, and the Ipod Mini is $330 (all in CAD $)).

Also: Post your reasons, and what devices you want/have.

RE: Would you rather have an all-in-on device, or seperate devices? by Anubis on 01-17-2005 at 07:31 PM

As much as an all in one device would be cool, my reasons for saying no are simple;
1. I don't want to splash out a ton at once
2. If it breaks I don't want to be without everything until I can find a solution

RE: Would you rather have an all-in-on device, or seperate devices? by Millenium_edition on 01-17-2005 at 07:33 PM

well tbh it would be great to have one device with "extensions", so it's compact and you don't pay the full price.

RE: Would you rather have an all-in-on device, or seperate devices? by lizard.boy on 01-17-2005 at 10:39 PM

i'd prefer more than one for the geek factor
all in one cause i forget things

RE: Would you rather have an all-in-on device, or seperate devices? by paperless on 01-18-2005 at 12:41 AM

Im gonna get a PSP and i want an Ipod Shuffle 1 GB version and will keep my ngage :D that is a pretty good team :D

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000177027029/ see that about shuffle :P

Found it in portugal.. not a good price :/ €150

RE: Would you rather have an all-in-on device, or seperate devices? by -dt- on 01-18-2005 at 01:35 AM

All in one rocks!

I hate lugging extra things around i much prefer to have like a all in one phone thing then having   phone , a gaming thing and a camera in my pocket.
but the way most technology  is going maby one day they will release a small fridge with a mobile phone :P or something stupid like that