Shoutbox

Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' (/showthread.php?tid=37235)

Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by M73A on 01-20-2005 at 05:06 PM

how can you SAFELY remove the 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' button in the MSN 7 conversation windows?

i have tried some universal patch that was on another thread. when i used that msn wouldnt show up. it would load but i would be able to see any of it. and i also tried one specifically for removing the 'adbar' as it was thought at the time. i think i got that one from mess.

any solutions?

Thanks.

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by Sunshine on 01-20-2005 at 05:12 PM

Try the "A. Patch" see: http://spaces.msn.com/members/ahmad/

Use this patch on an unpatched version of MSN 7 (run MSN installer again and choose repair).

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by M73A on 01-20-2005 at 05:26 PM

once its patched can i add messpatch tto it?

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by Millenium_edition on 01-20-2005 at 05:29 PM

i don't think so :-/

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by M73A on 01-20-2005 at 05:30 PM

:O:'( can A-patch remove the BETA tag and advertisement then? looks like it does lots of things *-)

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by Millenium_edition on 01-20-2005 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
:O:'( can A-patch remove the BETA tag and advertisement then? looks like it does lots of things *-)
did you even read what the site says? :-/
RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by M73A on 01-20-2005 at 05:31 PM

i got an error message: ' component 'dartzip.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid.

What would cause that?

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by Millenium_edition on 01-20-2005 at 05:33 PM

it says on the site

quote:
2. After unzipping the file, the file won't open, or it says "DartZip.dll missing".
A. This is a bug that occurs with a minority of users. Please download DartZip and unzip the dll into the same folder as the patch. Then run the patch.
where dartzip links to
code:
http://www.freewebs.com/apatch/dartzip.rar
(you have to copy-paste the link into your browser)
RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by M73A on 01-20-2005 at 05:35 PM

oh yea. thanks. i see it now :). just trying it (yn)

EDIT:

messpatch doesnt work with A-patch. owel, just the disable tags tick box gone and sum over stuff i dont reli use. :D

thanks people(Y)

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by Sunshine on 01-20-2005 at 05:40 PM

Asfar as i know A-patch is a "corrected" MessPatch (MessPatch didn't hide the lil add in convowindow - bug), with maybe some new features or left out features.

Also in the notes on mess.be for MessPatch it says you have to use MessPatch on a clean/unpatched MSN.

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by Millenium_edition on 01-20-2005 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Asfar as i know A-patch is a "corrected" MessPatch (MessPatch didn't hide the lil add in convowindow - bug).
they're not by the same people... :-/
RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by Sunshine on 01-20-2005 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Asfar as i know A-patch is a "corrected" MessPatch (MessPatch didn't hide the lil add in convowindow - bug).
they're not by the same people... :-/
I know, but asfar as i know Ahmad decided to make one because of the MessPatch bug (not sure though). I came across it here.

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by giken on 01-21-2005 at 07:32 AM

On mess.be I red "messpatch for 7.0425 version 2", maybe this version 2 means bugfixed version?

RE: Remove 'Click Here to customize MSN Messenger' by Goshi on 01-21-2005 at 10:14 AM

No, that want to say msn 7.0.0425 public version