Shoutbox

Quick text not working! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Quick text not working! (/showthread.php?tid=37501)

Quick text not working! by Lauzzer on 01-26-2005 at 11:24 AM

[font=Arial][color=purple]
Help people!! I am running Beta 7.0 with MsgPlus! 4.0 and I cant get my Quick text to work. The writing will come up (commands) but no picture is displayed on my screen, only ther other persons? Have tried to re-install and have checked the commands and tags box in preferances...any suggestions??

RE: Quick text not working! by Sunshine on 01-26-2005 at 11:44 AM

What exactly are you trying to do with the quicktext?

RE: Quick text not working! by .blade// on 01-26-2005 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lauzzer
[font=Arial][color=purple]
Help people!! I am running Beta 7.0 with MsgPlus! 4.0 and I cant get my Quick text to work. The writing will come up (commands) but no picture is displayed on my screen, only ther other persons? Have tried to re-install and have checked the commands and tags box in preferances...any suggestions??

Firstly, there is no MsgPlus! 4.0. 2nd, what kind of picture are you looking for? There shouldn't be a picture in quick texts :|.
RE: Quick text not working! by Lauzzer on 01-26-2005 at 09:13 PM

Ok, I am talking about the Alt 1, Alt 2 and Alt 3 commands for the quick text, you know, slapping people with fish and all that fun stuff? I have been told that there should be a picture come up, but all I see is the text, the person I am having a conversation with can see the pic, but not me??
P.S Though it was MsgPlus! 4.0 but i think it is 3.25 or something, it's the latest one for Beta 7.

RE: Quick text not working! by Sunshine on 01-26-2005 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lauzzer
Ok, I am talking about the Alt 1, Alt 2 and Alt 3 commands for the quick text, you know, slapping people with fish and all that fun stuff? I have been told that there should be a picture come up, but all I see is the text, the person I am having a conversation with can see the pic, but not me??
P.S Though it was MsgPlus! 4.0 but i think it is 3.25 or something, it's the latest one for Beta 7.
There is no such thing as a pic with those commands. Can you be more specific wich command you think there is a pic with?

RE: Quick text not working! by Lauzzer on 01-27-2005 at 12:37 AM

I thought that the Alt 1 command (/N Slaps ?N with a smelly Tuna Fish) had a picture with it, not just text, which is all I see...am I wrong?? I was told that there should be an emoticon type picture with the text. I think Alt 2 is to kiss the person you are talking to and Alt 3 is to offer them a chocolate bar?? Am I making any sense?? Sorry, I am new to all this!!

RE: Quick text not working! by lopardo on 01-27-2005 at 12:54 AM

Those quick texts show emoticons, but they are from Messenger, there are no other images. You can configure quick texts from Plus! > Preferences > Message helpers.

RE: Quick text not working! by L. Coyote on 01-27-2005 at 01:39 AM

Also, feel free to visit the tutorials page, where you can read about most of Messenger Plus! features.

* Quick Texts Tutorial
* Quick Texts with Parameters Tutorial

RE: Quick text not working! by Sunshine on 01-27-2005 at 02:03 PM

Here's a screenshot of what they look like:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=369332]

Alt 1 = slap
Alt 2 = chocolate bar
Alt 3 = kiss

Edit: yw, i thought you might wanna see the ultimate proof ;)

RE: Quick text not working! by Lauzzer on 01-27-2005 at 09:23 PM

Ok then!! That settles it. I was told that there should be a picture come up, somthing similar to an emoticon, but obviously I have been misslead!!! Thanks for everyone's help, it is much appreciated

RE: Quick text not working! by gif83 on 01-27-2005 at 09:30 PM

i think you're getting it confused with winks

RE: Quick text not working! by Lauzzer on 01-27-2005 at 10:03 PM

No no no! I definately ment the Quick Text, not the winks!