Shoutbox

Stolen Emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Stolen Emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=38216)

Stolen Emoticons by Tasha on 02-10-2005 at 10:23 PM

I was wondering, when you 'steal' an emote off someone in a convo, where on ur comp does it store the emo? Coz there are a few I really would like to have in my pictures, but I don't know where to find them, and half the time, the person i've taken them off  took them off someone else.

So does anyone know where I can find them?

RE: Stolen Emoticons by L. Coyote on 02-10-2005 at 10:27 PM

The other day I found a couple of programs that back up your emoticons, backgrounds and display pictures. It works for MSNM6 and MSNM7 (Y)

Had to upload it in MirrorLand: http://mimsn.com.ar/mirrorland/CEDP-Backup-Wizard.zip

Edit: after re-reading this thread, I only wanted to add that I wouldn't recommend a program if it's not safe. :)

RE: Stolen Emoticons by Sunshine on 02-10-2005 at 10:28 PM

Have a look at Cookie's reply to.....

You can find out wich number is your ID here, this way you don't have to download the program if you don't wanna.

Or what Leo suggested..use that program to make a backup, it will convert em to "normal" picture files again.

RE: Stolen Emoticons by Tasha on 02-10-2005 at 10:29 PM

403 Forbidden

I want the ones that are already there thoguh really.. :S

EDIT: 

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Have a look at Cookie's reply to.....

I have three id number thingies.

Which do I go too, how do I know which emote thing is which, and how do I get them to normal .pngs again?
RE: Stolen Emoticons by Sunshine on 02-10-2005 at 10:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TashaJ

Which do I go too, how do I know which emote thing is which, and how do I get them to normal .pngs again?
See my updated post ;)

And to get em as PNG again: simply rename em back with extension PNG.

RE: Stolen Emoticons by Tasha on 02-10-2005 at 10:37 PM

quote:
quote:

See my updated post ;)

An to get em as PNG again: simply rename em back to png.

Uhh.. gonna sound n00bish, but how do I rename em back?

I tried <thename> .gif and <thename> .png but it doesn't work. And if I were to rename an animated one to .png by accident, coz I didn't know it was animated, then it wouldn't animate anymore, would it? :S
RE: Stolen Emoticons by Sunshine on 02-10-2005 at 10:42 PM

quote:

I tried <thename> .gif and <thename> .png but it doesn't work. And if I were to rename an animated one to .png by accident, coz I didn't know it was animated, then it wouldn't animate anymore, would it? :S
First rightclick the .dat file and copy where you want the emote to be. Go to the folder where you copied it to and rightclick again..choose rename and alter the extention to .PNG (not .png).

I just did it with an animated emote, when you open it (doubleclick to view it) it still animates :D
RE: Stolen Emoticons by Plik on 02-10-2005 at 10:44 PM

quote:
quote:

First rightclick the .dat file and copy where you want the emote to be. Go to the folder where you copied it to and rightclick again..choose rename and alter the extention to .PNG
Although if the emoticon is animated it should be a .gif i think
RE: Stolen Emoticons by Tasha on 02-10-2005 at 10:45 PM

quote:
quote:

First rightclick the .dat file and copy where you want the emote to be. Go to the folder where you copied it to and rightclick again..choose rename and alter the extention to .PNG

It won't let me change the extention though.. :S

And can I change them too .Gif's?
RE: Stolen Emoticons by Sunshine on 02-10-2005 at 10:49 PM

quote:

It's normal you get a warning wether or not you wish to alter the extention/name (it may not be usable yada yada thing), choose yes. And yes, you can make em .gif aswell (both: .PNG and .gif will still animate).
RE: Stolen Emoticons by Tasha on 02-10-2005 at 10:52 PM

quote:
quote:

It's normal you get a warning wether or not you wish to alter the extention (it may not be usable yada yada thing), choose yes. And yes, you can choose to make em .gif aswell.

Oh, no, it's not that I get a error, it's that I jsut can't change the extention.

If it don't let me, the only thing I cna do is add Sunshine on MSN, make her nick my emotes and send em to me in another format. ;)
RE: Stolen Emoticons by Sunshine on 02-10-2005 at 10:54 PM

quote:
If it don't let me, the only thing I cna do is add Sunshine on MSN, make her nick my emotes and send em to me in another format. ;)
Lol, or do it on an account with adminpriviledges...or get that program Leo talked about (he has updated the link now) :D
RE: Stolen Emoticons by Tasha on 02-10-2005 at 10:56 PM

This account on our comp has admin privaledges.

And I don't really wanna dowload anything. :(

EDIT:

It says for MSN6, does that still mean it will work for 7?

RE: Stolen Emoticons by Sunshine on 02-10-2005 at 11:00 PM

quote:
This account on our comp has admin privaledges.

And I don't really wanna dowload anything. :(
Well maybe not full priviledges then, or something else is preventing you from altering em :mipdodgy:

It's safe to download that program, i've used it myself too. And just this afternoon i suggested it to someone else (on IRC) to backup his DP/CEs ,he uses MSN 7 and it worked fine.

RE: Stolen Emoticons by Tasha on 02-10-2005 at 11:06 PM

Ok, Great, it worked perfect. :D

Thanks Very Much for saving me from going crazy. :p