Shoutbox

[plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list (/showthread.php?tid=38641)

[plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by [Tin_Man] on 02-17-2005 at 01:19 PM

Hey, I'm already suggested this, but I think I wasn't very clear.
I believe I have a good idea for open the links that contacts put in the name.
If the contact as one or more links in the name, simply right-click him and the option "Open link in default browser" will be enabled with the links that this contact have in the name.
Here is an example of what I’m expecting.
If this is difficult to do in a plugin, I doubt that can't be done in Plus! because he also have the extra menu in the right-click.

Sorry my poor English :(, hope you can understand

RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by Edna Mode on 02-17-2005 at 01:22 PM

it sounds like a good idea, but with stuffplug ng you can just set a default browser, and you dont really need lots of browsers to choose from anyway, just one good one

RE: RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by [Tin_Man] on 02-17-2005 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
it sounds like a good idea, but with stuffplug ng you can just set a default browser, and you dont really need lots of browsers to choose from anyway, just one good one

But with stuffplug we can't open the contact link without open a conversation with him, and he answer.
RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by saralk on 02-17-2005 at 01:50 PM

i see, wouldnt it be better to make links clickable in the contact list, if it is possible to have what is currently playing as a link, patchou might be able to make other stuff clickable (Y) good idea.

RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by Dark Link on 02-17-2005 at 07:48 PM

I think its a good idea. I could try but I dont know how to change the menu. Any help apreciated.

RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by ProblemWv Authority on 02-17-2005 at 08:05 PM

Im liking the idea. Doesn't look as if it would be too hard to make (not that i could:P) Patchou coud include it in the Messenger Plus! Extras menu when you write click a contact in the contact list.

RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by TGG on 02-17-2005 at 08:08 PM

Nice idea :D, would be much easier than typing out the address having the person send you the link

RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by Dark Link on 02-17-2005 at 09:41 PM

Yeah but anyone knows how to change the right click menu to include th desired function

RE: RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by [Tin_Man] on 02-18-2005 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Link
Yeah but anyone knows how to change the right click menu to include th desired function

I don't know if this can be done with the Plus! API. So maybe Patchou can do it and add to the new realise :D
I don't think this is a difficult feature, so he doesn’t need to spend much time in it...
RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by user27089 on 02-18-2005 at 01:03 PM

Sounds like a really good idea to me, would be difficult to detect the urls as seperatly if they don't have the 'http://' there, but it could be possible... Not sure, I'm not a programmer though :).

RE: RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by [Tin_Man] on 02-18-2005 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Sounds like a really good idea to me, would be difficult to detect the urls as seperatly if they don't have the 'http://' there, but it could be possible... Not sure, I'm not a programmer though :).

If TB can know it on the conversations windows with StuffPlug, of course Patchou can do it for the Contact list. :)
RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by jren207 on 02-20-2005 at 11:06 PM

It sounds like a brilliant idea, this means that you wouldn't have to open their window and send a message wating for them to send one back with the url in the name (y), which is good if you don't feel like talking to them. 8-)

RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by Jhrono on 02-20-2005 at 11:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ProblemWv Authority
Im liking the idea.

Guess who's licking LOL:P...

I like the idea...i think if patchou sees this he will include it...
RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by [Tin_Man] on 03-01-2005 at 04:25 PM

Can any plugin developer tell me if this can be done in a plugin for Plus!, or if this need to access directly at the MSN Messenger API? If this can be done with the Plus! API i could try to do it...*-)

RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-01-2005 at 06:40 PM

I'm am very positive that this can be done.... BUT I think we would need pathou to do this for us... AFAIK it wouldn't really be possible doing it as plugin, unless somebody knows some good hooking techniques and knows how to hook the menu as Patchou does when you right click a contact, the hooking part is not that hard, and putting in a new sub menu, what I thikn would be difficult (but not for patchou as he already did it) is to get what contact the user is right-clicking on... then if you have the email of the contact that is being clicked on, simply take the nickname of that contact and filter out the web pages and put them in the menu... I might be able to do this, except I am not very sure if I can get the email of the contact being clicked on....

RE: RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by [Tin_Man] on 03-13-2005 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
I'm am very positive that this can be done.... BUT I think we would need pathou to do this for us... AFAIK it wouldn't really be possible doing it as plugin, unless somebody knows some good hooking techniques and knows how to hook the menu as Patchou does when you right click a contact, the hooking part is not that hard, and putting in a new sub menu, what I thikn would be difficult (but not for patchou as he already did it) is to get what contact the user is right-clicking on... then if you have the email of the contact that is being clicked on, simply take the nickname of that contact and filter out the web pages and put them in the menu... I might be able to do this, except I am not very sure if I can get the email of the contact being clicked on....

So, did you have any success in doing it? I have sent a PM to Patchou but appear he hasn’t read it. I really think this is a good suggestion and not a difficult thing to do, so if any one can talk to Patchou about this please do so. thanks :)
RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-13-2005 at 09:24 PM

Nahh.. did a litle research, but decided that it was to difficult a task for me to do for the result to be so simple(If even possible :P).. So I would rather spend my time on other plugins/things....
I would really suggest that if any one should do this, then I guess TB (Maybe) or at least Patchou would be able to do it...

RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list by cyberlords on 08-25-2005 at 10:52 PM

links to orkut, hi5 and other websites, is good