Shoutbox

messenger not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: messenger not working (/showthread.php?tid=39172)

messenger not working by tomfletcherman on 02-26-2005 at 10:14 AM

I just came on and I get the error message 'sorry we could not log you in right now please try again later' on msnmessenger. For windows messenger I get 'the username or password are incorrect'. For webmessenger I get my connection refused if I'm using firefox, and the page doesn't even open in Internet explorer properly, and when I press 'launch web messenger now' nothing happens. Any ideas on what's wrong?

RE: messenger not working by Anubis on 02-26-2005 at 10:18 AM

If you make another account and try to sign in with that, does it work?

RE: messenger not working by tomfletcherman on 02-26-2005 at 10:21 AM

No. it's the same case for whichever account I use.

Edit: I signed onto my dads windows xp user account and I could log in from there, but I switched back to my own user account and still had the problem. I havn't downloaded any .pifs either.

Edit 2: MSN Messenger is working now so the problem must have been resolved. (I zipped up 'start.exe' and 'microsoft office.hta' because they looked dodgy and then deleted them).

RE: messenger not working by Exca on 02-26-2005 at 07:33 PM

Because it doesn't work on E-messenger to... maybe you're connecting via proxy? Make sure you directly access the .NET service. If you aren't, changing the setting might give a difference. If it doesn't work; try to sign in on a friend's computer. If you are able to sign in there, it is your pc doing strange. And if you have no clue what the cause is of the problem; you might do a restore point of a previous date when it was still working, else you re-install msn-messenger properly, if it still doesn't work, re-install windows, when still no result, I would backup my important files and format the harddisk....

Succes

Edit: I didn't read far enough, i now see the problem is already solved :) greetz