Shoutbox

MSN 7 Delay - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MSN 7 Delay (/showthread.php?tid=39434)

MSN 7 Delay by jvlppm on 03-02-2005 at 09:44 PM

msn7 final was delayed one month

what about Messenger Plus?

RE: MSN 7 Delay by Plik on 03-02-2005 at 09:46 PM

Its due out some time this month

RE: MSN 7 Delay by matty on 03-02-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jvlppm
msn7 final was delayed one month

what about Messenger Plus?
Messenger Plus! release dates are not dependant upon MSN Messenger.
RE: MSN 7 Delay by jren207 on 03-02-2005 at 10:39 PM

It's like a totally seperate prog in a way. Different developers etc. I think Patchou would want to make sure that plus! is bug-free (with the help from the beta testers) before releasing it. So even if the date of MSN 7 is different, Patchou will be going steadily.

RE: MSN 7 Delay by jvlppm on 03-03-2005 at 01:49 AM

i read somewhere that patchou will wait for the final release of msn7 to release plus

does it means no plus this month?

RE: MSN 7 Delay by Hank on 03-03-2005 at 02:02 AM

No.. As Matty Said Plus will be out when Patchou see's fit to release it, it isnt released to coinside with the MSN Messenger 7 release so PLus will be releeased before MSN7 final

RE: MSN 7 Delay by Wabz on 03-03-2005 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
No.. As Matty Said Plus will be out when Patchou see's fit to release it, it isnt released to coinside with the MSN Messenger 7 release so PLus will be releeased before MSN7 final

I don't think so, I think Patchou will want a couple days testing on Messenger final before he releaases plus officially although it will proberly be a public beta

I think this is what happened with Messenger 6
RE: MSN 7 Delay by Menthix on 03-03-2005 at 11:32 AM

The MSN7 delay was already announced before Patchou started the Plus! 3.50 beta period. Patchou always said 10 March / half March during the whole Plus! beta period Patchou. He is on vacation this week, but the last mail he sended just before that says the final beta will follow after his vacation and after that final public release.

So:
- no new public beta/test version
- no waiting for MSN7 release
- Plus! 3.50 public final release 10/15 March ?
- MSN7 public final release somwhere April ?

Unless Patchou changes plan when he comes back. I'd personally love to see Plus! waiting and release MSN7 and Plus! 3.50 on the same day. That would be like MSN goodness day :D. But then again, i'm tester and don't feel the pain of waiting for plus! final :p.

RE: MSN 7 Delay by Hank on 03-03-2005 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
I don't think so, I think Patchou will want a couple days testing on Messenger final before he releaases plus officially although it will proberly be a public beta

I think this is what happened with Messenger 6

i think Patch will release it before MSN7 final, , i think there is a strong possibility 7.0.0604 will be the final products of MSN7 so everyone that has that build can use 3.50
RE: MSN 7 Delay by Wabz on 03-03-2005 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
i think there is a strong possibility 7.0.0604 will be the final products of MSN7 so everyone that has that build can use 3.50

Not a hope in hell it isn't stable enough at all.  And theres still more features to be added in according to mess.
RE: MSN 7 Delay by = MagiNcia = on 03-05-2005 at 11:20 PM

[font=Trebuchet MS]wasn't msn7 suposed to be released in february? i mean, of course nothing' in this world get out in the promised time but hey... do u know when it might come out?

RE: MSN 7 Delay by user35870 on 03-05-2005 at 11:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by = MagiNcia =
wasn't msn7 suposed to be released in february

yeh it was but i think it got delayed because they made a new private beta
RE: MSN 7 Delay by Patchou on 03-06-2005 at 12:08 AM

I was originally planning to wait for the final release of Messenger 7 before I release my own update, however, things have changed. I'll release Messenger Plus! 3.50 in two weeks or less, I'm now pretty confidentthat the current softwarewill work with the final version (I was waiting for the new official MSN beta and it got released during my vacation so it's all good :)).